April 29, 2024, 11:20:54 PM

Author Topic: Another One Bites The Dust!!! Another England player out of the World Cup  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hernia op ends talk of Vassell England call

Source: www.soccernet.com

Stuart Pearce has confirmed Manchester City's intention to send Darius Vassell for an operation on his long-standing hernia problem next week.

With Wayne Rooney now almost certain to miss at least the start of the World Cup, speculation has been mounting about Sven-Goran Eriksson's possible replacement for the Manchester United star.

Vassell has been tipped in some quarters and, having impressed under Eriksson during the last tournament in the Far East four years ago, it seems plausible the England coach could select the City striker when he names his expanded 26-man squad on Monday.

However, Pearce has cast doubt on that theory, admitting there had been no word from the England camp on Vassell's potential availability.

And, for the benefit of City, Pearce thinks it is better for the 25-year-old to have the surgery as planned.

'Darius has had a good season for us but he is carrying a hernia problem that needs to be addressed,' said the Blues boss.

'He has not been in the England squad this season and, while who knows what might happen, as the plan stands at the moment, as soon as our season is finished he will go to hospital for treatment on the problem.

'The priority for Manchester City is to get him sorted out medically, so he is fit for next season.'

Meanwhile, Pearce has again cast doubt on the likelihood of him being brought into the England coaching team if, as expected, Steve McClaren is confirmed as Eriksson's successor this week.

In past months, the former England skipper has suggested it would be a good idea.

However, he acknowledges the heavy price his family pay for the time taken up by his current job and appears dubious about the possibility of being able to fit in extra commitments with England as well.

'I have not given a coaching role any thought,' he said. 'I have a full-time job here. It is a job I love and a job that takes a vast amount of my time. At the moment, I have my hands full here.'

Even without taking into account how City's fans would react to their manager taking on an England role at the end of a season, Pearce's regular commute up and down the M6 from his family home in Wiltshire would also be a major factor in whether he would be able to work with McClaren.

For, while he is happy enough with his work-life balance just now, Pearce admits there may come a time when he regrets the time spent away from his children and wife Liz, who takes the day-to-day responsibilities of running the farm and stables on the land Pearce calls home.

'Combining my work here with family life is easy,' he said. 'I put enough time in at Manchester City and the only people who suffer slightly are my wife and children, which is difficult for me.

'But I am very fortunate that I have a very supportive wife and two children who are probably too young at the moment to understand why their daddy is not there as often as he should be.

'Maybe sometime in the future I will regret spending too much time away from them. But at the moment, my wife is fantastic and has supported me throughout my career. I hope she carries on doing so.

'If England come calling, I would have to have a chat with her.' 

Offline BahJon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
All yuh O-B-ahhh real effective boy
Keep it comin'

heh heh heh

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We go have to start lending English some ah we players...ah wonder if Zamora & Jloyd go get pick now.. ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jumbenio in dey MC  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
watch one ah dem reporter say we use "voodoo" on de english  :o
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
He wasnt going to get called up anyway even though I wanted him to.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile

So Carib briton!  who you backing in dis WC??
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

TNT. Why?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile

TNT. Why?

;D yuh feel we have ah good chance dred? How yuh go feel when we eeeaaaattt up yuh beloved merry old England?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Voodoo warriors
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

TNT. Why?

;D yuh feel we have ah good chance dred? How yuh go feel when we eeeaaaattt up yuh beloved merry old England?
Nothing. You Silly Grenadian :D

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We go have to start lending English some ah we players...ah wonder if Zamora & Jloyd go get pick now.. ;D

this is why zamora eh come and play for we....he might get he chance with England now  :rotfl:

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Voodoo warriors

well is now self they go call we voodoo warriors......which one ah alyuh work obeah on England  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
:rotfl:
This thread is real kicks, thanks for the laugh guys! 
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Voodoo warriors

well is now self they go call we voodoo warriors......which one ah alyuh work obeah on England :rotfl: :rotfl:

IS WESTCOAST!!!! de man tellin yuh in detail exactly wha yuh hadda do and ting!!! :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>