April 28, 2024, 06:20:33 AM

Author Topic: England fan takes out insurance policy for trauma of team leaving WC early  (Read 960 times)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
England Fan takes out insurance policy to cover against World Cup trauma

Wednesday, May 03 2006 @ 10:47 PM AST
Contributed by: MediaMonitor
Viewers who read more: 29

SportsLONDON (AP) - A soccer fan is reported to have taken out a one-million-pound ($2.04-million Cdn) insurance policy to cover him against the trauma of England being knocked out early from the World Cup.

Paul Hucker told the Press Association, that he paid 105 pounds ($214 Cdn) for the policy.

To collect, England would have to be knocked in the group stage of the June 9-July 9 tournament. England faces Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, and Sweden and is favoured to advance according to AP.

In addition, a panel of five sports commentators would have to decide the exit was premature.

If Hucker can prove this, he then needs to provide medical evidence that the elimination caused him severe mental trauma.

"I feel very patriotic and very optimistic," he told the Press Association. "To have psychological trauma and depression is something I don't want."

Hucker said friends thought he was joking when he explained the policy, but he maintains it's serious.

However, there appears to be a catch.

Hucker said the policy does not cover England failing to progress if it's a result of players being out because of foot injuries.

England's star striker Wayne Rooney broke his right foot on Saturday and England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson says he would need "a miracle" to be fit for the tournament.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think somebody post dis already girl. Search and fix up.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>