March 29, 2024, 07:44:14 AM

Author Topic: The "I f**cking confused with German rail passes" thread.  (Read 7747 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The "I f**cking confused with German rail passes" thread.
« on: May 05, 2006, 11:38:56 AM »
could somebody please tell me what pass i need and where to buy it?

i staying in frankfurt & going to 2 games for sure...possibly 3. the queen riding with me.

- tt vs eng in nuremburg
- tt vs paraguay in kaiserslautern
- waiting to see it fi get a conditional ticket for france vs. korea in leipzig

should i ger a german rail twin pass or two 4-day passes?

i read a thread on bigsoccer.com that have me damn confused!

HELP!!!!

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344327

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: The "I f**cking confused with German rail passes" thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:36:48 PM »
could somebody please tell me what pass i need and where to buy it?

i staying in frankfurt & going to 2 games for sure...possibly 3. the queen riding with me.

- tt vs eng in nuremburg
- tt vs paraguay in kaiserslautern
- waiting to see it fi get a conditional ticket for france vs. korea in leipzig

should i ger a german rail twin pass or two 4-day passes?

i read a thread on bigsoccer.com that have me damn confused!

HELP!!!!

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344327

The twin pass for 4 days would get you and partner to and from the 2 games. Or if you think you are going to 3 games get a 6 day.

2nd class adult twin pass is 240 euro for any 4 days of travel, 300 euro for any 6 days within a 4 week period.

Now the weltmeister pass in comparison is 349 per person so 698 for two.

and individual weltmeister tickets (requires that you have a match ticket for the city you're going to) would be

to Nuremberg: 2x 74 = 148 + to K-town 2x 54 = 108 = 256 euro (and I saw some even better discounts when I tried booking on bahn.de so when you book look out for those)

Anyway from the above the twin pass is the way to go I think in terms of price and flexibility.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 02:29:30 PM »
Same thing her e-man im basing in Frankfurt and going all three games, last game I have my female companion with me.  What is my best bet.

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 03:49:11 PM »
we are planning to see the country by rail so the weltmeister pass suits us best but if you are planning to just hang around one general area and just travel for the games then a four day non-consecitive pass might be cool or even weltmeister tickets for those days. It's all about what you plan to do

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »
I have a question:

It says that the weltmeister pass allows access anywhere on the Deutsche Bahn network.
Does this network include anywere outside Germany, specifically Amsterdam?

If not and assuming I have the weltmeister pass, Does that mean to get the cheapest deal I should travel to the closest city to the border first (ex Cologne) and then get a train to Amsterdam?

Offline GSBGDLQM

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »
June 15 is a public holiday in Germany.  I checked Rail Europe, and the last train that day is 9:30pm, which is cutting it kinda close (we play England at 6pm)... are there later trains on the Deutsche Bahn network, or any of the other trainlines? 

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 05:05:23 PM »
June 15 is a public holiday in Germany.  I checked Rail Europe, and the last train that day is 9:30pm, which is cutting it kinda close (we play England at 6pm)... are there later trains on the Deutsche Bahn network, or any of the other trainlines? 
if thats the case we want to make sure we could get home lol
i was planning on liming after the game..but if it have no train..then ah will have to rent a car yes.
anyway..somebody check the train schedule please and confirm
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 11:16:10 AM »
I have a question:

It says that the weltmeister pass allows access anywhere on the Deutsche Bahn network.

If not and assuming I have the weltmeister pass, Does that mean to get the cheapest deal I should travel to the closest city to the border first (ex Cologne) and then get a train to Amsterdam?

Yeah just Germany, I don't know about the Weltmeister pass, but the generic German rail pass also allows Salzburg and Basel, Switzerland. No good for Amsterdam.

But yeah definitely just go to the closest border station and then buy a ticket from there.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 11:19:01 AM by e-man »

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 01:10:19 PM »
I have a question:

Yeah just Germany, I don't know about the Weltmeister pass, but the generic German rail pass also allows Salzburg and Basel, Switzerland. No good for Amsterdam.

But yeah definitely just go to the closest border station and then buy a ticket from there.

Thanks eman

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 03:49:22 PM »
Funny ting too....the TnT  - Para game starst at 9:00pm and would probably finish after 11 with extra time etc. The last train outta Kaiserslautern which is a little ways from the stadium is 11:30pm. Which means you have to get to the train with all that crowd in 1/2 hr....Not very possible!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 03:54:09 PM »
Funny ting too....the TnT  - Para game starst at 9:00pm and would probably finish after 11 with extra time etc. The last train outta Kaiserslautern which is a little ways from the stadium is 11:30pm. Which means you have to get to the train with all that crowd in 1/2 hr....Not very possible!!

Anyone know if they have night trains running after this?
Looks like it from this ... http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/dn?ld=212.52&seqnr=1&ident=n3.01968810.1146952525&OK#focus
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:57:26 PM by bill »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »

Anyone know if they have night trains running after this?
Looks like it from this ... http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/dn?ld=212.52&seqnr=1&ident=n3.01968810.1146952525&OK#focus

I see some leaving 1:08, 1:12, 1:58 and 3:56 that night:

Station/Stop   Â       Date   Â       Time   Â       Duration   Chg.   Products   Fare
Kaiserslautern Hbf   Tu, 20.06.06   dep   23:06   2:26   1   S, RB   22,70 EUR
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   1:32   

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   1:08   1:37   0   IC   27,00 EUR
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   2:45   

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   1:12   1:56   1   S, ICE   32,00 EUR
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   3:08   

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   1:58   3:15   2   S, ICE   32,00 EUR
Frankfurt Hbf (tief)   We, 21.06.06   arr   5:13   

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   1:58   3:37   1   S, IC   27,00 EUR
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   5:35   

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   3:56   1:49   1   S, ICE   32,00 EUR
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   5:45      

1 adult, 2nd class

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 05:12:15 PM »

nah man those things are supposed to run all night..

as for nuremburg, im like andre, just gonna lime all night and catch the early train back to frankfurt.
Hart for president

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 09:02:57 PM »
eman..send we the link with them schedules please nah

ah just done book meh flight from Dusseldorf to Munich for $85US
but ah vex cause the flight was originally $50US..so while ah checking out baggage limit and shit like that..the blasted cost change on me yes..steups

but fellas..allyuh should look at flying some of the times..it faster and cheaper than the train according to the cities.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 09:30:39 PM »
eman..send we the link with them schedules please nah

I didn't post a link because they seem to expire or depend on a cookie, also that was just to Frankfurt and people may be going to different locations. but it's quick to look up, just go to http://www.bahn.de/p/view/international/englisch/international_guests.shtml

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
e-man....i could safely say if it wasnt for all them link you providing...i woulda get fired for searching up the net at wuk partner....

yuh is a boss...

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »
e-man....I actually goin back to Mannheim, not frankfurt.....let me know if u see anything later than 11:30pm
Warrior For Life !!

Offline TTFAn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 07:05:13 PM »
I'm staying in Mannheim too, after the Paraguay. I'm seeing train leaving as late as 1:58am direct to Mannheim.  (The main reason I switched hotels to Mannheim)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »
e-man....I actually goin back to Mannheim, not frankfurt.....let me know if u see anything later than 11:30pm

Kaiserslautern Hbf   Tu, 20.06.06   dep   23:06   0:58   0   S   Through tickets valid
Mannheim Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   0:04

Kaiserslautern Hbf   Tu, 20.06.06   dep   23:17   1:02   0   S   Through tickets valid
Mannheim Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   0:19

Kaiserslautern Hbf   Tu, 20.06.06   dep   23:50   0:57   0   RE   Through tickets valid
Mannheim Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   0:47

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   0:04   1:04   0   S   Through tickets valid
Mannheim Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   1:08

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   0:58   0:44   0   IC   14,00 EUR
Mannheim Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   1:42

Kaiserslautern Hbf   We, 21.06.06   dep   1:08   0:42   0   IC   14,00 EUR
Mannheim Hbf   We, 21.06.06   arr   1:50

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 06:49:19 AM »
I have a question:

E-man, I know you mentiioned above that you are unaware of the Weltmeister, here is a URL:

http://www.bahn.de/-S:PtVOZ9:eUmcl9NNcy8GOdNNNNxM/p/view/home/wm2006/eng_wm-pass.shtml

Sounds great if one plans to make several trips between cities within Germany.  One question (which you may or may not be able to ans), is it likely that these passes will all sell out at an early date?  Or is it likely that they will be available at various stations during the tournament?  Thanks for any info. and good sweat on Sunday....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 06:52:18 AM »
just for everyone's info....
if you are going to be travelling by rail through out Germany...
a 2 week unlimited pass ( 15 days unlimited) eurail pass with someone else is 579CAN which is cheaper than the weltmeister pass and allows you to travel anywhere, not just in Germany...

*ah quoting meh travel agent by the way... since I asked the same exact question*
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 06:55:20 AM »
a 2 week unlimited pass ( 15 days unlimited) eurail pass with someone else is 579CAN which is cheaper than the weltmeister pass and allows you to travel anywhere, not just in Germany...

*ah quoting meh travel agent by the way... since I asked the same exact question*

Naparima, does that include travel on the ICE?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 08:40:41 AM »

the German rail pass @ 280 Euro is a good bet if you're planning to travel around Germany ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »
I have a question:

E-man, I know you mentiioned above that you are unaware of the Weltmeister, here is a URL:

http://www.bahn.de/-S:PtVOZ9:eUmcl9NNcy8GOdNNNNxM/p/view/home/wm2006/eng_wm-pass.shtml

Sounds great if one plans to make several trips between cities within Germany.  One question (which you may or may not be able to ans), is it likely that these passes will all sell out at an early date?  Or is it likely that they will be available at various stations during the tournament?  Thanks for any info. and good sweat on Sunday....

I knew about the pass, what I didn't know is if it allows you to travel to border cities like Salzburg.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »
I have a question:

I knew about the pass, what I didn't know is if it allows you to travel to border cities like Salzburg.

Ok, understood, does it make sense to purchase the pass now or in Germany?  Any risk with the latter option?  Thanks in advance....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »
Apparently there are less options if you buy in Germany rather than out-of-country.

http://www.bahn.de/-S:PtVORN:eU-NNdNNW6ku8dNNNZpM/p/view/international/englisch/travelservice/german_rail_pass.shtml

The pass offered on bahn.de says it's good for ICE trains etc:
This special offer from Deutsche Bahn enables visitors to travel on all scheduled trains operated by Deutsche Bahn for 4 to 10 days within a four week period, high speed ICE trains included.

The question I have is about getting the pass, and train reservations.
If I book on www.bahn.de do i get an online ticket/pass?

And then I'm supposed to reserve a seat. Has anyone done this yet?

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »

Indeed it does...on all the ICE's -- much better value.... of course below is from german rail.. but the prices could be lower through deal... but 396 pounds is about 950 CAN!!

from

http://www.bahn.co.uk/-S:PtVORN:dGO7p9NNOLjBltNNNRhM/db_uk/view/products/wm2006.shtml#2
World Champion Pass for £255.00 (Weltmeister-Pass)

This special pass is valid for unlimited rail travel on DB’s trains within Germany from 7th June to 11th July 2006. Ideal for football fans who want to travel quickly and conveniently between the German host cities during the World Cup. The 2nd class pass costs £255.00 per person (1st class: £396.00). An additional charge is made for the use of the DB NachtZug (night train).
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 02:41:36 PM »
Call this number with a phone card an ask for an englsh speaking agent. They'll hook you good. I saved a good bit calling them and not booking online and I work in IT so I ain't fraid of using my cc online. 011 49 1805 996633
Dortmund to Munich for 4 seat reserved 243.70 E w/ICE
Munich to Nuremberg return for 2 seats 27 E w/Local
Munich to Kaiser return for 2 seats reserved 129.35 W/ICE and IC
Only one person needs the 19E bahn card.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 09:12:22 AM »
E-man or somebody who know, when I going to the bahn site and check a trip it saying "Advance Booking Not Available".  That mean it sell out or what?

Thanks

1]; } ?>