March 29, 2024, 01:30:01 AM

Poll

Who is the best under seventeen football in the country right now?

Lester Peltier (San Juan Jabloteh
Kyle McIvor (Superstar Rangers),
Javed Mohammed (capt - Naparima College
Silas Spann (W Connection),
Craig Wilson(Fatima College)
Brendon Boucaud (St Anthony’s College
Marvin James (Superstar Rangers
Other(post view )

Author Topic: youth football  (Read 15085 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: youth football
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2005, 03:09:41 PM »
Observer

1) You are aware that we have plenty players with a talent for football. How many parent/kids willing to sacrifice to achieve that potential is another story. - Better chance with books.
'The Academy' cannot accomadate everybody, and no one but God can predict who will be a hit and who just missed, or who would get an injury just before, or had a genetic makeup to deal with the rigours involved, i.e. wouldn't drop-out. especially if selecting from an early age.
So the academy then will get the then obvious standouts, and who can afford it, and the later bloomers and the underpriveledged, will sorry, we didn't know. Does that sound familiar?

2) If the player likely hood of making football a profession in someone else's country is increased. Explain how that is/was a Resource of T&T please ! How does T&T or anybody but that Country benefit from him? You are aware that if have Brazilians playing football all over the world, and in Brazil, and the make some of the biggest monies as footballer put together. So how come Brazil has so many homeless children and abject poverty in it metropolitan areas. How come Brazil had to default on Loans a few years back.
As it stands players can be associated with clubs who can get a fee for said player, but Countries cannot sell players. While the club is at it, it is in the club benefit therefore to get the best potential players and develop them, so they can achieve...
This is already in place..

On a final note. Academies are elitist and sends a negative message to those that are not selected they are not good enough, and at an early age this is rarely the case. Who does the selecting...ah dun hear the talk'Friend ting"..."Money pass"...."He sleeping with she".. :-\

I better hush yes, I dun with the Academy talk.

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2005, 06:15:37 PM »
 An Academy provides a unique opportunity for soccer players age 8-18 to experience the very highest level of soccer instruction and coaching. An experiencedcoaching staff bring years of professional soccer experience to the young dedicated soccer player. Young players with the commitment and determination to bring their skill to a new level will benefit from this experience.

A year round program provides continuity of training, fitness, skills and mental preparation. The program repeats three times each week to allow players to attend the most convenient session. The program includes a complete series of specific skill improvement programs, with specially designed drills to reinforce each new skill.And y should this not benifit our development of football

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2005, 06:19:23 PM »
Hopefully they also teach our youth that the word is FOOTBALL and not soccer.

;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2005, 06:28:21 PM »
An Academy provides a unique opportunity for soccer players age 8-18 to experience the very highest level of soccer instruction and coaching. etc...etc..

Mandey, ah done cover that..my question is who determines who gets in or not? who pays for it? who really benefits? where will the beneficiaries emigrate too? all ah dat. Read Jahyouth post bout emigration of talented individuals...read Flex post in Track & Field bout , shunning of talented local atheletes

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2005, 10:03:33 AM »
Observer

1) You are aware that we have plenty players with a talent for football. How many parent/kids willing to sacrifice to achieve that potential is another story. - Better chance with books.
'The Academy' cannot accomadate everybody, and no one but God can predict who will be a hit and who just missed, or who would get an injury just before, or had a genetic makeup to deal with the rigours involved, i.e. wouldn't drop-out. especially if selecting from an early age.
So the academy then will get the then obvious standouts, and who can afford it, and the later bloomers and the underpriveledged, will sorry, we didn't know. Does that sound familiar?

2) If the player likely hood of making football a profession in someone else's country is increased. Explain how that is/was a Resource of T&T please ! How does T&T or anybody but that Country benefit from him? You are aware that if have Brazilians playing football all over the world, and in Brazil, and the make some of the biggest monies as footballer put together. So how come Brazil has so many homeless children and abject poverty in it metropolitan areas. How come Brazil had to default on Loans a few years back.
As it stands players can be associated with clubs who can get a fee for said player, but Countries cannot sell players. While the club is at it, it is in the club benefit therefore to get the best potential players and develop them, so they can achieve...
This is already in place..

On a final note. Academies are elitist and sends a negative message to those that are not selected they are not good enough, and at an early age this is rarely the case. Who does the selecting...ah dun hear the talk'Friend ting"..."Money pass"...."He sleeping with she".. :-\

I better hush yes, I dun with the Academy talk.

Wait wait wait what we talking about here. Ok Brazil have homeless and poverty but did you not think for one minute if Adriano and Ronaldo did not make it in football what would happen. Possibly two more bandit, or homeless living in poverty. USA is the richest Nation on eart or so dem tell everyone,. They have homeless and poverty galore. Clarence Seedorf built & funds and Academy in Surinam. Patrick Viera has now done the same in Senegal. Bernard Lamma did the same in French Guyana. The academy can serve a function of helping children talented in football develop their potential to the fullest and also teach them the importance of an education etc. If we all walk around thinking it eh worth it we end up with what we presently have. Lets face it not everyone who goes to school or even University fulfill their dreams as doctors etc. Football is now a legit way of making a living lets provide the avenue. If an Academy signs one player of every 16 it pays for itself. Maybe Latapy or Yorke would see fit to do the same. Maybe the youngsters will be inspired by those who make it.
Do we not continue to educate masses though many leave, T&T have loud doctors working abroad. You should know? I eh going on and on but right now a football Academy could in fact be of great value in my opinion. Eventually the structure may ketch up but seeing how unwise T&T has been with spending or should I say investiong in Local Agriculture, Medical, Exportation, schooling etc etc I eh holding my breath
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2005, 11:43:17 AM »
.......Clarence Seedorf built & funds and Academy in Surinam. Patrick Viera has now done the same in Senegal. Bernard Lamma did the same in French Guyana......etc..etc...If an Academy signs one player of every 16 it pays for itself. Maybe Latapy or Yorke would see fit to do the same. Maybe the youngsters will be inspired by those who make it.etc..etc..

We on a horse of a different color here. ok
The Academies they built ENT start producing yet...it is still early..
Maybe they will maybe they won't...
Meanwhile would Seedorf( for e.g.) continue to send money, if Seedorf accountant ask to see the books and the Managers of the Academy say..."Yuh cyar look at we books"...Surinam getting they tail wash.....They Academy hasn't produced a player to sell...He retires....Nothing changes in the socio-economic structure of the youths in Surinam...No other Sponsor come on board ?

I wouldn't by a Masserati to drive on Trini roads, (an with Trini bandit)...But it sure is a fast car...
I am not saying an Academy is not a good thing, I just question how good it is for T&T.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2005, 12:14:12 PM »
Look you don't understand me. What you think St Benedicts was? It was an Academy don't let know one fool you. Dem men use to basically live there. Do you know Benedicts ground upstairs the viewing area have an area big enough for 5 aside football, plus kitchen and thing. To date no program in T&T produce more National Team players in mass than that one schoo. 13 of the 18 on one squad.l
If it were not for the Dom those guys would not have gotten their break in life. Is so it go. Ok times different but it has become more important now because youths real need some guidance, plus football is an industry in itself now. It will simply be another avenue towards higher education and/ or professional football. And yes T&T will benefit because they could play for the country, and the quality of footballer would be better and the selection base larger. Dat is all I am saying
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2005, 03:39:10 PM »
Look you don't understand me. What you think St Benedicts was? It was an Academy don't let know one fool you. Dem men use to basically live there. Do you know Benedicts ground upstairs the viewing area have an area big enough for 5 aside football, plus kitchen and thing. To date no program in T&T produce more National Team players in mass than that one schoo. 13 of the 18 on one squad.l...etc

And what happened to the Benedicts men of Late? What happen to that academy? How many people could get into that Academy how many were refused ? How many players were produced on a yearly basis? How many players reaped the benefit of graduating from such a highly esteemed program? How did the Country benefit? What changed?

Look for what it is worth, I do understand you. I only disagree, I am  not against you or anyone else who is willing to take a chance and Start such a program. I just think it wouldn't benefit us Nationally, and would eventually fail, given our present attitudes/methods in dealing with our present social and economic failings ....

I could be wrong, you could be right. You don't have to convince me, I won't be the one coming up with the Start-up. If yuh have the connections or money to give it a go, then by all means go. I only tried to show why I think it is not the answer, not to dissuade you from making the effort...Cool ?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2021, 10:27:42 PM »
nb: previously there was an interesting discussion and exchange of ideas concerning football development. However, i am still under the impression that nothing cannot develop until we are able to discipline, organize and develop our lives. Then maybe football has a chance.

This article I think demonstrates an opinion of TT society, but i think it can be naturally extended to our football (amongst everything else). Not Covid, not Fenwick, not Admin...Not US, but us. So how do we fix us  and survive ? I have an idea .

"Well, who tell me do dat? I was bombarded with criticism that I should keep my a--e kwart.

Having a government working to silence the people is one thing. A people working to silence themselves is another kettle of cascadoux altogether."

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/11/22/well-ex-skews-me/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:33:12 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2021, 11:07:51 PM »
https://newsday.co.tt/2021/11/22/well-ex-skews-me/

Kernahan made some solid points and observations. Nothing new or earth shattering, but you typically don't see it in our media.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>