March 28, 2024, 05:16:12 PM

Author Topic: LP Ken Butcher on i95.5 now  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LP Ken Butcher on i95.5 now
« on: May 06, 2006, 04:44:17 PM »
football talk on now people 

ken Butcher say anthony wolfe anthony rougier,Ian cox  on the bubble right now to get cut. He also said he has not been impressed with cox at all in the qualifiers
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 04:48:56 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Discussion on I-95.5fm going on NOW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »
For local based, Andre Baptiste is hosting Alvin Henderson, Lincoln Phillips and Ken Butcher discussing T&T's WC chances, assessing the group and T&T's build-up.

Some comments so far:-

Henderson - Agrees with 98% of Leo's 24, would have picked Scott Sealey ahead of Anthony Wolfe (Note from Patriot- I AGREE), feels Rougier's fitness NOT up to level and same for Silvio Spann, believes the man to be left out will come from these three players.

Lincoln - Talented opposition but our World Class coach and staff will prepare the team mentally against 1st team gitters.

K.B - Echoed Henderson's comments and felt that staying injury free will be key, given the strong teams we will be playing just before the tournament starts.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Update
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 05:14:18 PM »
Question from Andre - Who startin in goal:-

Butcher _ NO QUESTION - SHAKA! - I want a man in goal who can handle the pressure of playing at the highest lecvel and will have a calming effect on the players in front of him.

henderson - Gave EVERY reason why Shaka SHOULD start, but reminded the panel that Leo selects Jack as his #1 EVERY time, keeping faith with him EVEN when Shaka was available

Lincoln - Gave each keepers strengths and weaknesses and said Leo will wait until the LAST minute to decide, giving the job to the man in BEST form!

NOTE- BOTH Henderson AND Butcher felt Ince WOULD NOT be starting, citing the blunder against Grenada last week

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: LP Ken Butcher on i95.5 now
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 05:32:01 PM »
But wha de tail I hearin at all?  Eedah Henderson or Butcher say how de TTFF need to hire a Techincal Director to handle technical matters and Lincoln Philips right dey in de same room wit dem.

Lawd!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 05:46:34 PM »
A woman ask an excelent question...

how will we improve in the FK area?

Nobody answer it.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 05:52:45 PM »

Nobody answer it.

VB

OK,

dey answer it in part....somebody say Otis should take it , especially just outside the box.

Linoln say that now Beenie have a month to train the team, they should be be better at it.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 06:11:37 PM »

Nobody answer it.

VB

OK,

dey answer it in part....somebody say Otis should take it , especially just outside the box.

Linoln say that now Beenie have a month to train the team, they should be be better at it.

VB

Yuh know what real sad?  Dem fellas supposed to be local authorities on football.  De woman ask a valid question and de answer is Whitley should take it.

No wonder we never get anywhere nah.  Ah especially disappointed in Lincoln.  Instead a directly addressin de woman question in terms of discussin various methods, strategeies, players...they strengths...what goes into train fuh free kicks etc....he say Beenie have a month so they should be better.

Disappointin.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 06:37:22 PM »

Nobody answer it.

VB

OK,

VB

somebody need to tell yorke he cyah take every spot kick 1st.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on I-95.5fm going on NOW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 07:28:23 PM »
For local based, Andre Baptiste is hosting Alvin Henderson, Lincoln Phillips and Ken Butcher discussing T&T's WC chances, assessing the group and T&T's build-up.

Henderson - Agrees with 98% of Leo's 24, would have picked Scott Sealey ahead of Anthony Wolfe (Note from Patriot- I AGREE), feels Rougier's fitness NOT up to level and same for Silvio Spann, believes the man to be left out will come from these three players.

Lincoln - Talented opposition but our World Class coach and staff will prepare the team mentally against 1st team gitters.

K.B - Echoed Henderson's comments and felt that staying injury free will be key, given the strong teams we will be playing just before the tournament starts.

Funny that they should think that Spann is "on the bubble".  It is almost like he is being punished for his ability to play more than one position.  What I am saying is that when we needed a right back, Spann slotted in there and played well.  He was a good band-aid so to speak.  But the problem is that in truth and in fact he is NOT a right back.  Now that the team is being selected he is being considered a "Defender" by Beenhakker which is not good for Spann atall.

Along those lines everyone was saying that against Grenada Spann looked indifferent, unimpressive and as if he was not interested.  I feel that he is upset at the fact that he is still playing Right back, and not in the middle.  Think about it.  If you tell a center midfielder that he has to play Right back, doesn't he consider it a demotion?

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 07:38:50 PM »

Funny that they should think that Spann is "on the bubble".  It is almost like he is being punished for his ability to play more than one position.  What I am saying is that when we needed a right back, Spann slotted in there and played well.  He was a good band-aid so to speak.  But the problem is that in truth and in fact he is NOT a right back.  Now that the team is being selected he is being considered a "Defender" by Beenhakker which is not good for Spann atall.

Along those lines everyone was saying that against Grenada Spann looked indifferent, unimpressive and as if he was not interested.  I feel that he is upset at the fact that he is still playing Right back, and not in the middle.  Think about it.  If you tell a center midfielder that he has to play Right back, doesn't he consider it a demotion?

Spann isn't playing competitive games and when he does play...IT SHOWS.  I think that is the biggest problem he has right now. He playing out of position but at the same time who will he displace in his preferred position.

The iceland game showed that he wasn't match fit....when he lost the ball...he either made feeble or no attempt to regain the ball. He will have it tough to make that final squad cause he not even playing in the PFL at the moment and is only so much training field play will for anyone...unless yuh dwight or someone of that calibre.

I hope he do make it though...as ah Benedict's bro. :chilling:

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »

both he and Theobald have the same problem...they cannot play in the centre of midfield so the only way they going to make the team right now is to play out of position...... That is how Kenwyne ended up in defence in the u15 team....

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 07:56:08 PM »
I feel Spann ketching a horrors too as even if he start in the Right back position, that is where clubs will be seeing him play and not in the middle.  Remember right now he is unattached eh.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »
And he know that right now he not playing there before Cyd...because say what you want it will take a lot to move Cyd from there now.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 10:21:58 PM »

Football is still a team game. The coach puts the players in positions which would help the team achieve their objectives. As a player, this should help him to work on improving his defending which would make him a better all-round player. I don't see it as a demotion, once he is on the field. It's a challenge for him and how he handles himself, would give a good or poor impression of him. 
Live large and prosper!

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 04:54:54 AM »

Nobody answer it.

VB

OK,

VB

Yuh know what real sad?  Dem fellas supposed to be local authorities on football.  De woman ask a valid question and de answer is Whitley should take it.

No wonder we never get anywhere nah.  Ah especially disappointed in Lincoln.  Instead a directly addressin de woman question in terms of discussin various methods, strategeies, players...they strengths...what goes into train fuh free kicks etc....he say Beenie have a month so they should be better.

Disappointin.

Doh worry yuhself bout dat. Dey have to play lil games and ting by not revealing all of our secrets.

It have people spying to get every bit of info they can about our team, so they can't let out all the info about our team preperation and tactics to the public.

Remember nobody knows about our team, Sven self say he knows nothing about T&T.
This is our biggest advantage and coming closer to the world cup they will be getting info, but by then my friend it may be to late.

Our advantage is knowing more about our opponents than they know about us.
Palos football is ah lot mind games fuh these big tournaments.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 02:53:26 PM »

Nobody answer it.

VB

OK,

VB

Disappointin.

Doh worry yuhself bout dat. Dey have to play lil games and ting by not revealing all of our secrets.

It have people spying to get every bit of info they can about our team, so they can't let out all the info about our team preperation and tactics to the public.

Remember nobody knows about our team, Sven self say he knows nothing about T&T.
This is our biggest advantage and coming closer to the world cup they will be getting info, but by then my friend it may be to late.

Our advantage is knowing more about our opponents than they know about us.
Palos football is ah lot mind games fuh these big tournaments.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
        Breds could you tell me some of the secrets we have that nobody else knows?update me on what's going on i will not tell anybody,it seems like we have some real surprises for those teams in the WC when we meet them.What info we have on those teams?all i'm hearing from the teams we have to play so far is that we are the least of their problems,which means they know all about us.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »
Me eh in de know eh...all I remember readin is a article ah tink eman post where de Swediah assistant say he done have dvd's of every single Paraguayan & T&T player.  He say dey eh have to concentrate so much on England players because dey already know dem so well.  He further went on to say that de DVD's of T&T and Paraguya players will be placed in the rooms of every Swedish player fuh dem to study etc.

So ah hear yuh when man say we have to keep tings to weself....but I eh so sure bout de oddah teams eh know we or we is a surprise to dem.  Dis is PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL we dealin wit.  I am equally confident that coach Beenhakker and staff will have our players similarly equipped and prepared given their vast experience in the game.

1]; } ?>