April 19, 2024, 06:42:34 PM

Author Topic: Zidane's last game at the Bernabeu  (Read 3910 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zidane's last game at the Bernabeu
« on: May 07, 2006, 07:43:48 AM »
Today at 1pm on GOLTV

Madrid vs Villarreal

He hasn't started the last couple games......but it should be cool to see him touch the field at some point today....

Tune in and pay your respects to the boss !!

Madrid are also fighting for the 2nd spot, (currently tied with Valencia with this game in hand, and one game left in the season)....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zidane's last game at the Bernabeu
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 09:19:26 AM »
What all yuh going and do now?

Més que un club.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:46:58 PM »
Nice to see he scored in his final game  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 12:51:55 PM »
This is one of the best games i have seen all season 3-3 Final score

Casillas pull off an incredible save from a riquelme blast in injury time. Beckham was brilliant today, At least 15- 20 dangerous crosses 80% to robinho who was awful for the most part. Baptista was powerful upfront with a brace. Forlan had a great game as well with a brace.

Zidane is the greatest midfielder of his era. (Key term: his era)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:58:20 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 12:55:57 PM »
This is one of the best games i have seen all season 3-3 injury time

no doubt.....it was a classic !!

woulda been perfect if Real coulda found the winner in the end.....they were by far the better team overall..

On the other hand, Riquelme almost spoiled the occasion twice in the last minute of play....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 01:19:03 PM »
This is one of the best games i have seen all season 3-3 injury time

no doubt.....it was a classic !!

woulda been perfect if Real coulda found the winner in the end.....they were by far the better team overall..

which game you watched ??
like your TV doh show good in yellow or what ?
the game could have finished either way..... both teams missed chances and both goalkeepers shone....  I agree it was one of the best games of the season though. the yellow submarines are a good team ...go villareal !
i dont know how many saw the special exchange which took place after the game. Zidane waited for riquelme who promptly took off his shirt when he saw zidane. spanish commentators were saying that Riquelme may go to madrid to replace zidane ... we shall see !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »
the game could have finished either way..... both teams missed chances and both goalkeepers shone....  I agree it was one of the best games of the season though. the yellow submarines are a good team ...go villareal !
i dont know how many saw the special exchange which took place after the game. Zidane waited for riquelme who promptly took off his shirt when he saw zidane. spanish commentators were saying that Riquelme may go to madrid to replace zidane ... we shall see !

I know you're very sensitive about Villarreal......I never said they are not a good side, but in my opinion...Madrid were the better team for most of the game.....(maybe the words "by far" were a bit of an exaggeration, but I think they were clearly better..had they lost, it would have seemed undeserved, had Villareal lost, it would not seem as harsh)....

yes Villarreal did well, mainly on the counter-attack, and as I said in my post (if you read the whole thing)....they coulda stole the game on occasion, especially in the dying minutes.......

here are the official stats on the game:

Shots
Madrid 26- Villareal-14
Shots on goal Madrid 11- Villareal 6

Corners
Madrid 11 Villareal 5

Saves
Madrid 4 Villareal 8

Time of possession
Madrid 54% Villarreal 46%

One of Villareal's goals was an own goal, another a penalty......

Maybe you should not be so sensitive, take the yellow paint off YOUR TV and look at it objectively......Madrid dictated the play for the majority of the game......you don't need to be a football expert to have seen that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 02:16:54 PM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 02:59:15 PM »

I know you're very sensitive about Villarreal......I never said they are not a good side, but in my opinion...Madrid were the better team for most of the game.....(maybe the words "by far" were a bit of an exaggeration, but I think they were clearly better..had they lost, it would have seemed undeserved, had Villareal lost, it would not seem as harsh)....

yes Villarreal did well, mainly on the counter-attack, and as I said in my post (if you read the whole thing)....they coulda stole the game on occasion, especially in the dying minutes.......

here are the official stats on the game:

Shots
Madrid 26- Villareal-14
Shots on goal Madrid 11- Villareal 6

Corners
Madrid 11 Villareal 5

Saves
Madrid 4 Villareal 8

Time of possession
Madrid 54% Villarreal 46%

One of Villareal's goals was an own goal, another a penalty......

Maybe you should not be so sensitive, take the yellow paint off YOUR TV and look at it objectively......Madrid dictated the play for the majority of the game......you don't need to be a football expert to have seen that.

wasn't it a penalty that lost the chance  for villareal against arsenal ??? so if a man deliberately handles a ball bound for goal such that he gets a red card the goal is to be devalued ?? so if a stinging corner comes in and a defender deflects it into his own goal ...the goal is not good enough ???
what are you saying here that real madrid played better because their goals were better ?? madrid dictated the game ??? Madrid were palying at home before a sell out crowd coming to see zidane's last game.
If Villareal played on the counter attck then they should be judged on how well they ececuted their plan given their away status. the game was a draw and the final two goal attempts could have given Villareal the points and all the possession would not have mattered.
you saw the game and should know that stats can be used to prove anything. i could for example say that the quality of the chance was not reflected in the stats. the chances missed by a player, like guayre for example who opted to try to move acroos the defender rather than shoot when he was clear on goal. the shot that hit the foot of the post from riquelme in the dying seconds etc..you see the point.
I still say the game was for any team to win today and in the end no one did. If Riquelme's shot had gone in, if dogs could fly, if , if ..... gets you nowhere .
you cant say that if madrid lost it would have been undeserved ... how do you score a goal ? by an undeserved act ??
And that crack about me being sensitive about Villareal was very cheap. I back a great team , which has played good football. they were dead last after 9 or 10 games in the season and ended up in the last 4 in europe...undeserved ??? Go see it again    .....great football from both teams in a game where neither could claim the spoils.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 03:14:52 PM »

wasn't it a penalty that lost the chance  for villareal against arsenal ??? so if a man deliberately handles a ball bound for goal such that he gets a red card the goal is to be devalued ?? so if a stinging corner comes in and a defender deflects it into his own goal ...the goal is not good enough ???
what are you saying here that real madrid played better because their goals were better ?? madrid dictated the game ??? Madrid were palying at home before a sell out crowd coming to see zidane's last game.
If Villareal played on the counter attck then they should be judged on how well they ececuted their plan given their away status. the game was a draw and the final two goal attempts could have given Villareal the points and all the possession would not have mattered.
you saw the game and should know that stats can be used to prove anything. i could for example say that the quality of the chance was not reflected in the stats. the chances missed by a player, like guayre for example who opted to try to move acroos the defender rather than shoot when he was clear on goal. the shot that hit the foot of the post from riquelme in the dying seconds etc..you see the point.
I still say the game was for any team to win today and in the end no one did. If Riquelme's shot had gone in, if dogs could fly, if , if ..... gets you nowhere .
you cant say that if madrid lost it would have been undeserved ... how do you score a goal ? by an undeserved act ??
And that crack about me being sensitive about Villareal was very cheap. I back a great team , which has played good football. they were dead last after 9 or 10 games in the season and ended up in the last 4 in europe...undeserved ??? Go see it again    .....great football from both teams in a game where neither could claim the spoils.

At the end of the day, it was a great game...sure either could have won, because they both created chances.....and good chances....for every chance you can refer to for Villarreal, I can refer to two for Madrid......go figure.

Villarreal played like a typical away team and they executed very well...so be it. I have a bias to my team...and clearly you do to yours....

I stand by the opinion that Madrid was overall the better team on the day.....you don't see it that way, I won't hold it against you and I don't really care to convince you eitherway, because I know you like Villarreal and worship Riquelme....The score matters most and the score was 3-3 at the final whistle.

Game over....

p.s. don't be so sensitive......Villarreal is a good team, and I never said anything to the contrary.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 03:23:23 PM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »

At the end it was a great game...sure either could have won, because they both created chances.....and good chances....for every chance you can refer to for Villarreal, I can refer to two for Madrid......go figure.

Villarreal played like a typical away team and they executed well...so be it. I have a bias to my team...and clearly you do to yours....

I stand by the opinion that Madrid was overall the better team on the day. I don't really care to convince you otherwise, because I know you like Villarreal and worship Riquelme....The score matters most and the score was 3-3 at the final whistle.

Game over....

that's why the sport of football is so great. The game fact cannot be disputed but the opinion on which team played better can. just the point i was making. So you are a real madrid fan and not a riquelme fan and I am a riquelme fan and not a real madrid ??? well what if riquelme plays for Madrid next season what does that make you and I ?
I am indeed a riquelme fan and he knows it too ! I got the message across !! I will not say he is the best in the world but i like him best ...see it again ...opinions can be as varied as much as people !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 03:25:14 PM »

that's why the sport of football is so great. The game fact cannot be disputed but the opinion on which team played better can. just the point i was making. So you are a real madrid fan and not a riquelme fan and I am a riquelme fan and not a real madrid ??? well what if riquelme plays for Madrid next season what does that make you and I ?I am indeed a riquelme fan and he knows it too ! I got the message across !! I will not say he is the best in the world but i like him best ...see it again ...opinions can be as varied as much as people !

where did you see that I'm not a Riquelme fan ? I would love it if he came to Madrid.....which Madrid fan wouldn't ?

:beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 03:27:37 PM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »

that's why the sport of football is so great. The game fact cannot be disputed but the opinion on which team played better can. just the point i was making. So you are a real madrid fan and not a riquelme fan and I am a riquelme fan and not a real madrid ??? well what if riquelme plays for Madrid next season what does that make you and I ?I am indeed a riquelme fan and he knows it too ! I got the message across !! I will not say he is the best in the world but i like him best ...see it again ...opinions can be as varied as much as people !

where did you see that I'm not a Riquelme fan ? I would love it if he came to Madrid.....which Madrid fan wouldn't ?

:beermug: :beermug:
I think he would make a fitting replacement for zidane.. he would probably be the only argentinian after tevez and sorin to fit in with a brizilian biased team. It hasn't worked in Inter or anywhere else for that matter but things seem to be changing now with Tevez being accepted in corinthians after the early fallout.
Riquelme is a team player and so who would complain, except maybe Guti who would see more of the bench if riquelme comes. Cant see raul, ronaldo, ronaldinho or baptista complaining ...not if they get a regular supply of chances to score. he basically is carrying a team whose strength is not in their individual abilities but their abilitiy to play as a team. on a team with great individuials he would be even better.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »
Riquelme to Madrid would add even more spice to the superclassico.

I want to hear what all the people who called Baptista a shit snake have to say about his performances in the second half of the season. Frankly, he is not my favorite, but hats off to him. I think he became a solid and consistent performer for RMadrid game after game and became more and more influential for them as the season went on. His assist on Ronaldo's goal in the superclasico was class and he is on a small scoring spree as the season closes as well.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 05:05:20 PM »
Riquelme to Madrid would add even more spice to the superclassico.

I want to hear what all the people who called Baptista a shit snake have to say about his performances in the second half of the season. Frankly, he is not my favorite, but hats off to him. I think he became a solid and consistent performer for RMadrid game after game and became more and more influential for them as the season went on. His assist on Ronaldo's goal in the superclasico was class and he is on a small scoring spree as the season closes as well.
i even think robinho came off well toiday ...hmmm..WC around the corner !

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »
well done villa

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »
"what does that make you and I"
You and me homie.
It's one thing to type in slang, but I think that it is hilarious to act like you are using proper grammar
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 08:21:10 AM »
You and me homie.
It's one thing to type in slang, but I think that it is hilarious to act like you are using proper grammar

Wow ...an english professor on the site ... Homie ????

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 08:32:42 AM »
You and me homie.

Jai was correct.

Proper grammar in this case is actually "you and me"....because "you and me" is not the subject of the sentence...no verb follows, can follow or is intended to follow.

If you break it out, it helps to see which is correct....what does that make "you" ?.....and what does that make "me" ?.......not "I"........

"that" is the subject...."makes" is the verb, and "me" is the correct object.......

it helps to look at it like - what does that make you and (what does that make) me ?..with the words in brackets not written or spoken

other examples:

how does that affect you and me ?
how does that hurt you and me ?

This eh no place to dis a man's grammar............but if yuh pullin' up a man socks, yuh hadda know what yuh talkin' about.... :beermug:

If you can find actual academic proof that I'm incorrect, I'll stand corrected,but I am 99.999999% sure that that is how it goes....

back to football..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:44:41 AM by kicker »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 10:57:43 AM »
You and me homie.

horse..like yuh bored

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 12:42:34 PM »
You and me homie.

Jai was correct.

Proper grammar in this case is actually "you and me"....because "you and me" is not the subject of the sentence...no verb follows, can follow or is intended to follow.

If you break it out, it helps to see which is correct....what does that make "you" ?.....and what does that make "me" ?.......not "I"........

"that" is the subject...."makes" is the verb, and "me" is the correct object.......

it helps to look at it like - what does that make you and (what does that make) me ?..with the words in brackets not written or spoken

other examples:

This eh no place to dis a man's grammar............but if yuh pullin' up a man socks, yuh hadda know what yuh talkin' about.... :beermug:

If you can find actual academic proof that I'm incorrect, I'll stand corrected,but I am 99.999999% sure that that is how it goes....

back to football..

Kicker,
you real confuse me with that post
I know you and me
is the correct thing.
That was my point.
What was yours?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 12:46:02 PM »
You and me homie.

Jai was correct.

other examples:

back to football..

Kicker,
you real confuse me with that post
I know you and me
is the correct thing.
That was my point.
What was yours?

yeah I kinda confused myself too........trying to go back to primary school grammar......and lost track of who said what  ;D

...back to football...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 12:51:30 PM by kicker »

1]; } ?>