March 28, 2024, 03:23:24 PM

Author Topic: Serious questions: Let's pledge to demystify the aura of England and .....  (Read 17229 times)

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
The media and financial sector investing in our local football would be a great start to establishing a common footballing tradition within our environment. Building heroes from our local leagues through constant and consistent exposure to the public will give rise to a new pride and belief in who we are. It will also allow for the players themselves to become more committed and dedicated to improving their game.

Makes me remember the words to a calypso from Christopher "Tambu" Herbert       
    ".....so leh we love, we calypso, and leh we love, up, de limbo
     and believe in the steelpan, for the next generation
     leh we love, up, we culture, our own we must nurture
     is then we're on the road, to a brand new mode..."

As you rightly said Alberta, it can start with the media being responsible to to the villages, and towns, and to the nation in assisting to foster a greater tradition with football and other sports.  By instilling in the youths of the nation a pride. A new found pride which will burn deep into their soul enabling them to see further than the sweat on an afternoon, but to see themselves in the colors of, Jabloteh, or W' Connection, or North East Stars, as against seeing themselves looking at the EPL, or La Liga.

Sometimes I post here and it frustrate me that most times, my post seems futile cause most people just want to ol' talk. And the serious side of the game they do not want to deal with. So I guess we have to fix us first.

We've had similar threads before and I've said that it will probably have to start with a local team doing all it's PR and spending money to broadcast it's games on Sundays on a local radio stations(Trini style)once it becomes popular then the businesses will fall in. That is an overly simplistic way of putting it, but the teams themselves have to do something to generate popular interest in the league. Marketing is the key. The internet can also be used to broadcast local games etc.

That is an excellent point ... Pointman ... after the WC ... the league needs to find pur own pretty boy/face to market the league ...just like Beckham/Zidane or who ever to generate interest ... a public personality, and most importantly ROLE MODEL .. that is the key to the marketing issue when it comes to sport and youth .. the next step is to run the league like a business ... for profit ... so hopefully it gets reinvested into the league ... this is difficult due to issues with accountability and lack of significant seed capital to start with.  an alternative is the model the MLS structure where teams are franchissed instead of fully owned.  this will generate revenues for the league to do things like PR, TV braodcasting etc.  also, teams must realize that selling players abraod in the short run may make their INDIVIDUAL TEAM a bit weaker but in the long run ... the funds generated if invested in the right youth talent coud bring significant returns later on ... in short what makes the teams in Europe successful is that they are run like businesses for profit.
Snake in de balliser

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
So for all those who glorify and are EPL regul;ars what are your opinions today on this post:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=14669.msg176128#msg176128

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Great discussion. Nuff respect to Alberta for this string. Two things. I think the point is that he is appealing to the crew to believe in ourselves. For, if we don't believe we'd better not even compete than to compete and embaress ourselves. Also, T&T needs local heros, not just for the youths but for all of us. We do have a propensity toward an inferiority complex. We tend to be too 'Nice' and naive and accept much less than our potential. The country needs many local heros in every sector. There is power and significance in the concept of representitive. When someone represents me its almost like me myself suceeding. We need representatives. England may have advantages but if we thing about our own advantages--no pressure since we're not favored, experienced players, the ability to play with anyone on a given day etc.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It" It good for some peope who vex by what the British papers and soem of they managers are saying abou TNT"

Yuh see it have some here who does glorify and idolize the british players as if them men is all that; man have they EPL temas they fighting about and man acting like real EPL champions' fans now they same  idols have tuh play we and some people getting vex?
In the first damn place we ought to be biging up we thing and we have tuh belivee that we have man who could play with them. Look nah ah go give credit wheer credit is due  but I eh go become no worshipper to a false Idol!!!! nOW THEM SAME IDOLS eh showing we no respect and want tuh buss we arse...ehehe massa days done!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Come nah  leh we talk of ways to  debunk the myth odf football supremacy nah.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thursday is ah new day ah new team and ah new opponent; Let's not take that team lightly; we have not won anything yet except to restore some pride and belief. Now we have to maintain that  sense of urgency that we played with aganist Sweden and come out  ready.

If anything, our showing aganist Sweden has awaken the 'lions'. No longer are they about to approach this game without a sense of resolute. That edge od surprise we had is now changed. You can bet that England will be coming out  fully prepared. We have to be ready with 'FULL FORCE.'

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Come nah  leh we talk of ways to  debunk the myth odf football supremacy nah.

Drop ah spanner on every player. Let Samuel do he nice move and let wise break some knees when he dribble pass dem ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 The upcoming game  should be dubbed: " Redemption Time"  Let's bust this myth of ' mother country'  is the the mecca of football.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why so much people here does hold these european teams in AWE?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Lazarus strikes again  :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>