April 19, 2024, 02:36:53 PM

Author Topic: Fellas some advice plz  (Read 2649 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Fellas some advice plz
« on: May 05, 2006, 04:23:49 PM »
Someone was nice enough to have a ticket transferred to me.

However, when the "new" ticket arrived. It still had the ld name on it.

FIFA was contacted and said the transfer was indeed done and that to simply carry the FIFA email print out.

Ah want to know what u all think?

Have any of u been to the WC b4...how strict are they about looking at passports and would security have the common sense to understand what has happened? Bearing a possible language barrier.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fellas some advice plz
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »
Someone was nice enough to have a ticket transferred to me.

However, when the "new" ticket arrived. It still had the ld name on it.

FIFA was contacted and said the transfer was indeed done and that to simply carry the FIFA email print out.

Ah want to know what u all think?

Have any of u been to the WC b4...how strict are they about looking at passports and would security have the common sense to understand what has happened? Bearing a possible language barrier.

VB

What the email had on it?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 08:59:54 AM »
This is what the email says

#36: Paraguay - Trinidad and Tobago Kaiserslautern 20.06.2006    paid
Original guest
Craig Branker    New guest
Vasudev Bhoolai    Transfer status
transferred
Transfer fee:    10,00 EUR

The lines move a little since I copy and paste, but you get the idea.

VB

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »
This is what the email says

#36: Paraguay - Trinidad and Tobago Kaiserslautern 20.06.2006    paid
Original guest
Craig Branker    New guest
Vasudev Bhoolai    Transfer status
transferred
Transfer fee:    10,00 EUR

The lines move a little since I copy and paste, but you get the idea.

VB

If that's what FIFA said to do it should be good enough. I wouldn't sweat it as long as you have the e-mail. Can't really compare it to past since every host country did things a little different.

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 10:26:18 PM »
VB yuh good to go e-man correct...I went to a couples games here in Japan/Korea in 2002 and d authorities were more interested in security than looking at names on tickets..If yuh digging ah horrors then ah would say to print out d email FIFA stated the transfer, but dont provide it unless they ask yuh for it...why create a problem if there isnt.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 07:28:01 AM »
so in other words dey eh go ask to see meh passport and ticket at the same time.

Which is what I'm hoping.

Just don't want to get pul stones at the last minute.

VB

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 07:35:18 AM »
I heard on the news here that they will not be checking for any passports or ID due to the inconvience to visiting supporters. Germany has complained to FIFA that this would call for more logistical support, Slowing down the entrance to games, huge traffic etc...

So I don't believe that the transfer may even be a problem. There are alot of news out here about Germany making bids to fifa about certain guidelines that thhey set forth that inhabits the rights of the german citizens and so far courts here have been ruling against FIFA.

Eman I don't read to well the German righting I talk it, understand wheen spoken to can read a little but You are good in all sectors maybe you can do a search on this and get some proof.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 09:03:33 AM »
But that kinda contradicts what was posted here:

Ticket warning for World Cup fans 

Monday, 8 May 2006, 08:50 GMT
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4983794.stm

Fans are being warned not to buy tickets from touts
Fans buying tickets on auction websites for the World Cup are paying huge mark-ups and risk getting turned away at the turnstiles, a report has warned.
Tickets for the football tournament sold via unauthorised websites are, on average, 327% more expensive than their face value, security firm G4S found.

Two tickets for the England v Trinidad & Tobago fixture sold online for £1,500 - 2,307% over the original sale price.

Security checks could mean fans with such tickets are barred from matches.

ID checks

"Fifa has implemented a rigorous identification system for the World Cup finals, so supporters purchasing tickets from touts could face severe disappointment," said Douglas Greenwell from G4S.

"If the ticket holder's details do not match those of the purchaser they will be refused entry to the stadium."

Tickets are issued in the name of the applicant or guest specified in the original order and an ID or passport number is required.

According to the terms and conditions of sale, tickets can only be transferred by an application to the Fifa World Cup organising committee.

Thousands of tickets are being sold illegally by online auction sites and tickets touts despite the fact the UK government has banned the unlicensed sale of tickets for the finals, G4S added.

We have no clue what to believe anymore... if you have a ticket, you have a ticket. If i pay 100x more, then so be it. Just ensure the ticket is valid and that is it.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 11:34:29 AM »
I heard on the news here that they will not be checking for any passports or ID due to the inconvience to visiting supporters. Germany has complained to FIFA that this would call for more logistical support, Slowing down the entrance to games, huge traffic etc...

So I don't believe that the transfer may even be a problem. There are alot of news out here about Germany making bids to fifa about certain guidelines that thhey set forth that inhabits the rights of the german citizens and so far courts here have been ruling against FIFA.

Eman I don't read to well the German righting I talk it, understand wheen spoken to can read a little but You are good in all sectors maybe you can do a search on this and get some proof.

I scanned the German news on tickets. Didn't really see anything as far as relaxing the rules.
Here is an article about Blatter complaining, but doens't look like they will bend much.

BLATTER CONCERN OVER TICKETS
By Martyn Ziegler, PA Chief Sports Reporter

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has admitted looming problems over World Cup tickets at next month's tournament are still unresolved.

German organisers and government officials are insisting every single ticket must be checked against passports or ID cards before fans are allowed into the stadia.

FIFA fear such a rigid stance will lead to huge queues, delays, half-empty stadia and possibly crowd trouble - but insist they are powerless to force any changes.

Blatter met World Cup organising president Franz Beckenbauer and ticket chief Horst Schmidt on Friday but was unable to reach any agreement.

He told a media briefing in London: "There has been no movement towards a more flexible solution because they say they have to control every single visitor to the stadium.

"The German organisers are in a very uncomfortable situation. On one side you have the governmental authorities in charge of security who say in such a perturbed world it's not enough to protect the borders of Germany, but they have to look at everyone going to the stadium.

"That's why they have issued these regulations all tickets must be identified at the barrier.

"Then you have human rights organisations saying this is personal data that must be protected."

Blatter will raise the issue when he meets German chancellor Angela Merkel next week but said the consequences were clear.

He added: "It's obvious if you do this control it will cause delays. How long will it take to let people into the stadium, and what happens if a father has given his ticket to his son?

"They have just three weeks to solve this problem, but it's a German problem. We cannot tell them to change it but we can put a question mark about how it will work."

Blatter has also defended the ticket allocation to fans for the World Cup. Each national association was awarded only 8% of tickets to sell to their own fans, although more have since been made available.

FIFA also give 16% of tickets to their commercial sponsors.

Blatter said: "We could sell such a competition 10 times over but 66% of tickets are sold to the public, and of those that go to sponsors 70-80% of those go to the fans through competitions."

Meanwhile, Blatter revealed FIFA are to appoint an independent ethics body to oversee the organisation.

The current ethics committee is made up of FIFA officials and appointed representatives and he admits that an independent watchdog was needed instead.

It follows FIFA vice-president Jack Warner being cleared by the ethics committee of a conflict of interest after a travel agency owned by his family secured the rights to sell all Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup ticket allocation. Warner is an official adviser to the T&T football association.

In a separate issue, Blatter claimed the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has turned down an offer by the Court for Arbitration in Sport for their officials to help negotiate between the two bodies in an effort to settle the remaining differences over the worldwide code on drugs.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »
i remember reading somewhere that there going to be a couple perimeters setup round the stadium..basically all approaches will be a check point of some sort..so only if yuh ticket and passport match up, then youll be allowwed to proceed closer to the stadium.

if i find the article ah go post it
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 07:43:27 PM »
47. What are the security zones at the stadium gates at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM)?

At all 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (TM) matches there will be an outer and an inner security perimeter. At the outer perimeter there will be a visual ticket and a personal search for objects. Actual access control will take place at the inner security perimeter using electronically controlled turnstiles. The turnstiles will be released by the ticket chips to grant access. Depending on circumstances and location more personal checks may be conducted there.

48. How will ID cards and passports be checked at the gates?
Checks will be made depending on circumstances and at random. Customers should know, however, that without proof of identity due to lack of documentation, delays and refused entry to the stadium may be the consequence
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>