March 28, 2024, 11:07:17 PM

Author Topic: remember the ole time days?  (Read 12937 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: remember the ole time days?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 09:50:33 AM »

TriniCana like you ah ole oman too or yuh juss a country bookie ;D river bath and ting, well we ent have no rivers in Point so ah cyar relate...but the rest ah could deal wid, especially the ants bites ;D

what bout playing football in the rain...that was boss

playing windball cricket whole day

breaking l'ecole beache(allyuh know what that is ;D )

:o

You is ah BAD!! BAD man...you badder dan Mastife oui

I goin an sit back to see how dis go play out

Nah doh worry dred, Cana rell love meh ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 11:47:59 AM »
all i would say Mister pointman is,

alot of family unions and its ah big ass family from south (Sando tur Moruga)
when dey old crew half way drunk start tur talk bout dey "ole days" you jus sit back and wonder "like dem had more fun den we"

Stories ah duen, papa bois and who actually seen dem flying soucouyant and come up face tur face with one
Who, as you said, play cricket and football in dey rain, cutass fur coming inside dey house wet and sitting on dey good furniture.
Sweetbread on ah saturday straight from dey stove.
Dey out house and who was blasted scared to go pee at nights.
Black and white TV with one station. TTT (saturday line up: cartoons all morning, mastana bahar at 6, Panorama at 7 and from 8 movie that no young chile should see cause it have too much shooting and cussing "oh damn, ass and love scene")
Everybody fadda was Kojak or know him and everybody mother know slvia hunt personally.
Every family have at least 1 police man, ah capenter, ah mason, ah plumber and electrician.

and de list goes on.
ah still young Pointman

i would actually say it "bring back dey old time days"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:50:56 AM by TriniCana »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
all i would say Mister pointman is,

alot of family unions and its ah big ass family from south (Sando tur Moruga)
when dey old crew half way drunk start tur talk bout dey "ole days" you jus sit back and wonder "like dem had more fun den we"
Stories ah duen, papa bois and who actually seen dem flying soucouyant and come up face tur face with one
Who, as you said, play cricket and football in dey rain, cutass fur coming inside dey house wet and sitting on dey good furniture.
Sweetbread on ah saturday straight from dey stove.
Dey out house and who was blasted scared to go pee at nights.
Black and white TV with one station. TTT (saturday line up: cartoons all morning, mastana bahar at 6, Panorama at 7 and from 8 movie that no young chile should see cause it have too much shooting and cussing "oh damn, ass and love scene")
Everybody fadda was Kojak or know him and everybody mother know slvia hunt personally.
Every family have at least 1 police man, ah capenter, ah mason, ah plumber and electrician.

and de list goes on.
ah still young Pointman

i would actually say it "bring back dey old time days"

so you are ah country bookie ;D  ...like me.
yeah ah really used to wonder if dem ole people used to have more fun than we in trute.

For we it was sweetbread and poan on Saturday evenings and fresh baked bread. When we buy store bread I rell vex.

something we does take for granted in Trini but ah does rell miss up here is all dem pretty butterflies and different birds etc. Trini rell sweet oui...ah miss meh country dred.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2006, 05:18:46 PM »
I'm ah EAST West kinda girly

born in West , live in East for the majority of dey teenage life, headed back tur dey West until boarded plane for this old ass country
living in dey West again

daddy side of family from Sando tur Moruga. So for August holidays, as soon as mommy see Friday school closed, she ship us to Moruga for 2 months....ehh go by allyuh grandmother, ay need ah break

1 week before school open we get a lamp oil and castrol oil purge and grandmother send us back to we mommy.
routine for primary school tur form 2 school years.  :beermug:

and i will tell you this honestly....country vacation were dey BEST....FREEDOM for so. Every tree possible to climb and talk bout food ?
it ain't have nothing bout parlour bread, milo, sweet drink and ting...is cocoa tea, with hot bread with( butter and on special occasion peanut butter and really special den ya get jam) from dey oven and mauby straight.
no KFC or Royal Castle....is dey chicken in dey yard, WILD MEAT for so. dumplin and stew chicken, fish broth, in dem days no pelau is peas and rice with chicken gravy, is blue food, cassava, dasheen bush, ochra (arghhhh) boddie and the ever so popular curry.

in those days in the country side, each household had 5 children miminum so ya know is mass.
by 6 pm DARKNESS...cause ah no street light, we hadda depend on dey moon light. every man jack outside in dey road playing, cricket with ah small coconut and ah piece ah flat wood, catch, rounders, or we jus come back from dey beach and everybody tail bun caise dem days didn't have sun block and tanning lotion steups....all ya does hear "ah cyah make grandchildren, find allyuh ass in dey bathroom"  Man ain't want to bath cause dey bathroom dark (no light) and ya cyah take ah candle tur bath....dey only torch light is meh grandfadda own which he does use to go hunting...batteries expensive i guess in those days.

before ah start to cry lemme done.
miss dem days we.... :(

« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 05:30:42 PM by TriniCana »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 08:24:14 PM »
Remember yesterday? last week last month...sh...t know ah was to .giiddy ..to know and to remember. ah hope somebody else forget.........look allyuh ah kicsing yes.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 09:04:40 PM »

TriniCana like you ah ole oman too or yuh juss a country bookie ;D river bath and ting, well we ent have no rivers in Point so ah cyar relate...but the rest ah could deal wid, especially the ants bites ;D

dat literalyl means to break school..
so u breaking break school
learnt dat about 2 yrs ago
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 09:06:30 AM »

daiz how we used to call it. Was either breaking beache or breaking l'ecole beache. ;D

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »
yuh make meh eye water wid dat.

Remember too when TV used tuh "sign on" and "sign off"?
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 09:39:03 AM »
ah cyah even remember sat nite clearly....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 06:59:24 PM »

daiz how we used to call it. Was either breaking beache or breaking l'ecole beache. ;D

Breaking beache would guarantee the soundest cutarse you could ever get, first from the school principal in front de whole school, and then from yuh faddah!!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »
so ah wonder what the ole days mean to folks from  the 80-'s and 90's?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »
Lawd - with all the chupidness them yute involved I today: drugs guns gangs - man they should throw all de arse inprisonand give them a daily lessons on what life and playing was like back in the ole days

They go luff at how we use to refer to bad men as " bad johns" and ah thread of a buss head was  real terrors then - imagine today in not buss head nah but ah gun

1]; } ?>