April 27, 2024, 09:59:30 PM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott Got In The England Squad!  (Read 27356 times)

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theo Walcott Got In The England Squad!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 08:54:44 AM »
Sven is a real joker if this is indeed so, defoe woulda run defenses rugged

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 08:55:58 AM »
Big mistake by Sven, Theo good but he not ready yet.

Leaving out Darren Bent and Jermaine Defoe cannot be justified because they are proven goalscorers.

We still have to be careful with Theo though.

If we attack England from the start they dead, trust me.

Trinidad and Tobago 2 vs England 0

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

who is defoe more proven that harewoood?

Boss i never say more, i just say proven goalscorers that's all.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
Defoe is Better Than Harewood

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 08:56:24 AM »
People need to remember the old saying "History repeats itself".

England has had VERY good experiences carrying inexperienced, young strikers to major competitions.  Remember Michael Owen in 1998?  Wayne Rooney in the European Championship in 2004?  Why not take a shot on Theo Walcott in 2006?

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2006, 08:57:37 AM »
ALyuh we beating this side...I feeling a lil better now

Robinson
Neville   Ferdinand   Terry   Cole
                Carrick
Beckham   Gerrard   Lampard   Cole
                Crouch

see what you mean, that is a terrible side  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2006, 08:58:03 AM »
Allyuh stop strumming that violin for harewood...

He could only make it in de english league where wrestle and push is allowed... de international refs have no tolerance for boxers like harewood, foul as soon as he start tha grabbing and pulling... think heskey...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 08:59:12 AM »

stop with the predictions !! Walcott can give our back line plenty plenty trouble with his speed and he is a good finisher the same could be said for crouch and owen. plus england has midfielders like Joe Cole ,lampard,jennas Gerrard who can also score. rooney,defoe  out eh tip the scale in our favour one bit even in my view
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2006, 08:59:51 AM »
Allyuh stop strumming that violin for harewood...

He could only make it in de english league where wrestle and push is allowed... de international refs have no tolerance for boxers like harewood, foul as soon as he start tha grabbing and pulling... think heskey...

yuh just disrespect mih playing style their breds....and i is get away with it.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
Remember they say Theo is similar to Rooney but more of a scorer than he is. Defoe has not been good and many think Bent les than world class which all agree Theo is. The fact is acording to the ratings he is after Rooney and Owen the only other World Class forward England has. Regardless they must figure that Owen and Rooney will be fit for the Quarters where they will meet their first challenge and that their Midfield can outscore all the teams in their group and all they need is two strikers who can provide nuisance value with Crouch's ackwardness and Theo's strength and pace.

The only player I figure was hard done by would be King but again they supposedly have 8 or 10 of the better centrebacks in the World so to them he is no major loss.

Green actually became the third keeper by default since there are no other consistently good keepers in the Premiership.

I actually like that squad although I would have chosen Fowler over Crouch, Reo Coker over Hargreaves and had King over Campbell but all in all a Strong team hopefully he will never realise the full potential of it until after they play us!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »

stop with the predictions !! Walcott can give our back line plenty plenty trouble with his speed and he is a good finisher the same could be said for crouch and owen. plus england has midfielders like Joe Cole ,lampard,jennas Gerrard who can also score. rooney,defoe  out eh tip the scale in our favour one bit even in my view

I think he was just joking.....

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 09:08:18 AM »
Seriously though, Walcott get much playing time since he wnt to arsenal? He probably play less than 90 minutes combined sincs January!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 09:09:45 AM »

I think he was just joking.....

he better be  :(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline emanu

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 09:11:08 AM »
for all those who dont even realise that this is an even more dangerous squad than before beware. lennon and walcott may not have the experience but they do have the fear-no-one factor, have everything to prove, plus they are lightening quick. defoe has not been in form and i think he might have taken T and T for granted whereas lennon and walcott wont. this england side can and ( i will put my head on the block now) will win the world cup!
oh and ledley king is injured

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »
k. jones played with walcott, he'll know his tricks and how to stop em, and share that with the team. then big marv handles crouch in the air, thereby neutralizing the striker's entire game. Im really surprised defoe got looked over
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 09:12:08 AM »
Seriously though, Walcott get much playing time since he wnt to arsenal? He probably play less than 90 minutes combined sincs January!

well wenger like foreign player yuh know

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 09:15:24 AM »

How many good English players are availble for a decent price?? How old is walcott?
Arsenal just build a stadium and you what him to bung out??
Tell me if Eboue gets Injured and he wants to buy a ENGLISH right back who can he get that is BETTER than eboue? People forget he was playing an ENGLISH full back infront of eboue from that right back got injured.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2006, 09:16:08 AM »
England will struggle to score goals at this world cup, they have two unfit strikers, one uncapped 17  year old who has not played in the premiership, and an inconsistent beanpole.

Yuh cannot go to a world cup and expect to win and score goals with a forward line like that.
He should have picked 5 strikers.

Kenwyne give  the info on Theo quick, beenie need it.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2006, 09:16:23 AM »
Alyuh is kicks oui.....one chain up line and men start to get heated.

Come now alyuh know better than that.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2006, 09:17:30 AM »
Alyuh is kicks oui.....one chain up line and men start to get heated.

Come now alyuh know better than that.
It is funny but someone is PM shit about players they could of kept it in the thread.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2006, 09:17:40 AM »
fellas, on gonnersweb.com they saying that walcott mashing up the reserves league week in and week out.  sven saw this and probably thought the boy was worth the gamble.  i worried for our not so fast defenders tho, the boy realll fast.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2006, 09:22:13 AM »

oh and ledley king is injured

yes but will restart training next week his time line is better than Owen's or Rooney to be fit

People forget he was playing an ENGLISH full back infront of eboue from that right back got injured.

? Lauren?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2006, 09:23:06 AM »
Green actually became the third keeper by default since there are no other consistently good keepers in the Premiership.

Can someone tell me what happened to Chris Kirkland? HE was third keeper during the qualification campaign...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006, 09:24:13 AM »
ah fraid for avery john cause lennon is danger...avery start talking to ato leh he give u ah 101 on handling speed intelligently(HSI). england team jus got a bit faster with d inclusion of walcott. but i think bent mus feel cheated
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2006, 09:24:55 AM »

Can someone tell me what happened to Chris Kirkland? HE was third keeper during the qualification campaign...

Injured for most of the season....Liverpool loaned him to West Brom...and he had a decent spell, but got injured again...I think his England international career may be over...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2006, 09:25:20 AM »
People forget he was playing an ENGLISH full back infront of eboue from that right back got injured.

Lauren?

Kerra Gilbert the Young 18 Year old Defender(18 at the time) who set up henry in the League Cup Semi-Final.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 09:33:26 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2006, 09:30:57 AM »

How many good English players are availble for a decent price?? How old is walcott?
Arsenal just build a stadium and you what him to bung out??
Tell me if Eboue gets Injured and he wants to buy a ENGLISH right back who can he get that is BETTER than eboue? People forget he was playing an ENGLISH full back infront of eboue from that right back got injured.

aye ah just talking and making fun of wenger nothing serious
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 09:32:31 AM by triniman »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2006, 09:37:33 AM »
trust me owen will be fit in time for TnT

i surprised dat defoe out...dats a shocker

side for TnT

---P.Robinson---

--G.Neville--      ---R.Ferdinand--     --J.Terry---        ---A.Cole---

--D.Beckham--    ---F.Lampard---   ---S.Gerrard--      --- J.Jenas---

---J.Cole---

---M.Owen--   

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2006, 09:43:34 AM »
Carib, what is there to justify??

Its true, SWP hardly played in the Prem this season, but when he did, he impressed. The issue is that England have many players who can play his position, and the last spot was between him and Lennon.

Aaron Lennon has done well in recent weeks, and Sven has always gone along with whoever Sky Sports News says he should pick, so that wasnt a surprise. But personally, I think SWP is a great player whereas Lennon is all about speed at the moment, and isnt a complete player yet.

But Walcott has never played in the Prem. Ever. He is yet another "next big thing" who hasn't done anything yet. I used to watch him play at Southampton - he might be good one day, but he ent no Rooney, and he shouldnt be in the squad. He wasn't even a star at Southampton, he was just a squad rotation player with potential. Arsene Wegner probably cant believe his flippant comment managed to get Walcott a ticket to Germany.

Jermaine Defoe should definitely be there - saying Theo Walcott is better than him is a joke. Sven says he's going for speed, but Defoe is faster than Walcott. And a better finisher. And has international experience. And Premiership experience. Fortunately for him, Rooney will probably have to pull out, so he should still get a spot.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 09:47:58 AM by Ryan »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2006, 09:46:34 AM »

Jermaine Defoe should definitely also be there - saying Theo Walcott is better than him a joke. Sven says he's going for speed, but Defoe is faster than Walcott. Fortunately for him, Rooney will probably have to pull out, so he should still get a spot.
;D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2006, 09:49:47 AM »
Carib, what is there to justify??

Its true, SWP hardly played in the Prem this season, but when he did, he impressed. The issue is that England have many players who can play his position, and the last spot was between him and Lennon.

Aaron Lennon has done well in recent weeks, and Sven has always gone along with whoever Sky Sports News says he should pick, so that wasnt a surprise. But personally, I think SWP is a great player whereas Lennon is all about speed at the moment, and isnt a complete player yet.

But Walcott has never played in the Prem. Ever. He is yet another "next big thing" who hasn't done anything yet. I used to watch him play at Southampton - he might be good one day, but he ent no Rooney, and he shouldnt be in the squad. He wasn't even a star at Southampton, he was just a squad rotation player with potential. Arsene Wegner probably cant believe his flippant comment managed to get Walcott a ticket to Germany.

Jermaine Defoe should definitely also be there - saying Theo Walcott is better than him a joke. Sven says he's going for speed, but Defoe is faster than Walcott. Fortunately for him, Rooney will probably have to pull out, so he should still get a spot.
Walcott is faster than Defoe.Defoe is better than him obviously(at the mo) You were defending SWP the other day hence the reference saying he wasnt a bad signing

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2006, 09:51:08 AM »
dis is really a joke
i doh care if he mashin up de reserve league stewps
if bent play in de reserves  league he wud break records i sure
he go play for england before he play for arsenal
well now i see everything

1]; } ?>