April 28, 2024, 06:30:22 AM

Author Topic: Theo Walcott Got In The England Squad!  (Read 27366 times)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Theo Walcott Got In The England Squad!
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2006, 09:52:12 AM »
like Sven read BSC book on team selection. With dis squad, it wouldah been nice for Tnt tuh play England fuss. If Sven really maintain dis group of players for the cup, it is going to make an interesting WC for the 3 Lions.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2006, 09:54:24 AM »
like Sven read BSC book on team selection. With dis squad, it wouldah been nice for Tnt tuh play England fuss. If Sven really maintain dis group of players for the cup, it is going to make an interesting WC for the 3 Lions.
yuh killing with da one
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:02:12 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2006, 09:54:56 AM »
People forget he was playing an ENGLISH full back infront of eboue from that right back got injured.

Lauren?

Kerra Gilbert the Young 18 Year old Defender(18 at the time) who set up henry in the League Cup Semi-Final.

If you check you would see that Gilbert started because Eboue was out at the African nations Cup.

About Shaun (I can run faster than I can kick a ball) Wright - Phillips being better than Lennon You have obviously never seen him play or hate Tottenham so much that you fail to see talent before your eyes. When hWright-Phillips manages to not trip on the ball then you can stand up and say he is good muchless great

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2006, 09:57:16 AM »
People forget he was playing an ENGLISH full back infront of eboue from that right back got injured.

Lauren?

Kerra Gilbert the Young 18 Year old Defender(18 at the time) who set up henry in the League Cup Semi-Final.

If you check you would see that Gilbert started because Eboue was out at the African nations Cup.

He still played that is the point. He could of put Djourou like wenger did for the last game djourou played.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2006, 09:59:03 AM »
About Shaun (I can run faster than I can kick a ball) Wright - Phillips being better than Lennon You have obviously never seen him play or hate Tottenham so much that you fail to see talent before your eyes. When hWright-Phillips manages to not trip on the ball then you can stand up and say he is good muchless great
I want to know who said this??? Because I didnt

You cant be talking about me because Ive been talking about this with my friends and said I rate Lennon highly and please he got in the squad I would of took both. SWP is the better hence he has scored more goals when given a chance to play and all types of goals maybe Lennon has more potential for the future but thats it for now.
and I dont hate tottenham I even said this morning to my friends who are Tottenham fans it sounds unrealistic but I hope Arsenal Finish 1st and Spurs Finish 2nd but when arsenal play tottenham I want them to murder they ass.
Ive been to 4 Tottenham games this season how many Arsenal Fans You know have done that???
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:03:31 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
Carib, what is there to justify??

Its true, SWP hardly played in the Prem this season, but when he did, he impressed. The issue is that England have many players who can play his position, and the last spot was between him and Lennon.

Aaron Lennon has done well in recent weeks, and Sven has always gone along with whoever Sky Sports News says he should pick, so that wasnt a surprise. But personally, I think SWP is a great player whereas Lennon is all about speed at the moment, and isnt a complete player yet.

But Walcott has never played in the Prem. Ever. He is yet another "next big thing" who hasn't done anything yet. I used to watch him play at Southampton - he might be good one day, but he ent no Rooney, and he shouldnt be in the squad. He wasn't even a star at Southampton, he was just a squad rotation player with potential. Arsene Wegner probably cant believe his flippant comment managed to get Walcott a ticket to Germany.

Jermaine Defoe should definitely be there - saying Theo Walcott is better than him is a joke. Sven says he's going for speed, but Defoe is faster than Walcott. And a better finisher. And has international experience. And Premiership experience. Fortunately for him, Rooney will probably have to pull out, so he should still get a spot.

I have to disagree!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2006, 10:05:13 AM »
Carib, what is there to justify??

Its true, SWP hardly played in the Prem this season, but when he did, he impressed. The issue is that England have many players who can play his position, and the last spot was between him and Lennon.

Aaron Lennon has done well in recent weeks, and Sven has always gone along with whoever Sky Sports News says he should pick, so that wasnt a surprise. But personally, I think SWP is a great player whereas Lennon is all about speed at the moment, and isnt a complete player yet.

But Walcott has never played in the Prem. Ever. He is yet another "next big thing" who hasn't done anything yet. I used to watch him play at Southampton - he might be good one day, but he ent no Rooney, and he shouldnt be in the squad. He wasn't even a star at Southampton, he was just a squad rotation player with potential. Arsene Wegner probably cant believe his flippant comment managed to get Walcott a ticket to Germany.

Jermaine Defoe should definitely be there - saying Theo Walcott is better than him is a joke. Sven says he's going for speed, but Defoe is faster than Walcott. And a better finisher. And has international experience. And Premiership experience. Fortunately for him, Rooney will probably have to pull out, so he should still get a spot.

I have to disagree!!

benjie carib-briton on a warpath today dont confront him if you do prepare for a cutass
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:07:48 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2006, 10:10:36 AM »

benjie carib-briton on a warpath today dont confront him if you do prepare for a cutass
Shut Yuh Facking Ass, its an axe not ah cutlass

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2006, 10:13:51 AM »
Walcott is faster than Defoe.Defoe is better than him obviously(at the mo) You were defending SWP the other day hence the reference saying he wasnt a bad signing

He was (and still is) a good signing for Chelsea - although it obviously hasnt helped his England career. He played for 45 minutes yesterday against Newcastle and did well. If England had a good manager like Jose, then he'd be in the squad.

Are you talking about "talent" or "potential"? I agree that Lennon is already a  good player and has alot of potential. But let's assume for a second, Benji, that you have followed his career since his Leeds United days and haven't just jumped on the Lennon bandwaggon in the last couple of weeks like most people who saw the North London derby the other day. Which of his other performances other than the Arsenal and Bolton games would you use to justify his inclusion over SWP?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2006, 10:15:42 AM »
A nice read

is incredible that Andy Johnson should be in the squad as a stand-by, ahead of Bent amongst others, bearing in mind he has long since appeared to slip from Sven’s thinking. Jermain Defoe, the other stand-by, cannot complain, given he has notched just nine goals this season. His wonderful goal at West Ham showed what he can do but, contrary to what most people seem to think, Defoe has done little to suggest he is an international-quality player - yet - scoring just one goal in 16 games. While both good players, Bent and Defoe are not men you would expect to turn an international match.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »
He was (and still is) a good signing for Chelsea - although it obviously hasnt helped his England career. He played for 45 minutes yesterday against Newcastle and did well. If England had a good manager like Jose, then he'd be in the squad.

Are you talking about "talent" or "potential"? I agree that Lennon is already a  good player and has alot of potential. But let's assume for a second, Benji, that you have followed his career since his Leeds United days and haven't just jumped on the Lennon bandwaggon in the last couple of weeks like most people who saw the North London derby the other day. Which of his other performances other than the Arsenal and Bolton games would you use to justify his inclusion over SWP?

I see what your talking about Ryan. I said along the same thing about lennon regarding potential.
SWP only get 45 mins yesterday?(I missed it I went out) They Really F**king him about

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2006, 10:18:16 AM »
A nice read

is incredible that Andy Johnson should be in the squad as a stand-by, ahead of Bent amongst others, bearing in mind he has long since appeared to slip from Sven’s thinking. Jermain Defoe, the other stand-by, cannot complain, given he has notched just nine goals this season. His wonderful goal at West Ham showed what he can do but, contrary to what most people seem to think, Defoe has done little to suggest he is an international-quality playe - yet - scoring just one goal in 16 games. While both good players, Bent and Defoe are not men you would expect to turn an international match.

Triniman, he didnt start most of those 16 games.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2006, 10:18:49 AM »
A nice read

is incredible that Andy Johnson should be in the squad as a stand-by, ahead of Bent amongst others, bearing in mind he has long since appeared to slip from Sven’s thinking. Jermain Defoe, the other stand-by, cannot complain, given he has notched just nine goals this season. His wonderful goal at West Ham showed what he can do but, contrary to what most people seem to think, Defoe has done little to suggest he is an international-quality player - yet - scoring just one goal in 16 games. While both good players, Bent and Defoe are not men you would expect to turn an international match.

Defoe has hardly been given a chance you know what go and learn something about the following and what they have in common.

Wright, Cole, Les Ferdinand

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2006, 10:21:59 AM »
A nice read

Defoe has hardly been given a chance you know what go and learn something about the following and what they have in common.

why so angry?? i did not say that it was taken from the article. dont be angry at me i know you are a defoe fan it a forum and we all have opinions

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We 'eh' Dead: England Chooses Squad.
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2006, 10:26:49 AM »
OK we're not dead, but I do have some concern about Sven's decision to take a 17 year old and 19 year old (more the 17 year old) to the world cup.  That's sounding like he plans to make us run like crazy....Latapy will definitely not start in that game.... and might never even get to play... but Don Leo knows best  ;D

Probably a solution one thing:  Theobald out and Wise in.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/4983618.stm
Walcott & Lennon in England squad
[/size]

Sven-Goran Eriksson has named teenagers Theo Walcott and Aaron Lennon in his provisional 23-man England squad for this summer's World Cup in Germany.

But Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ledley King and Darren Bent miss out, while Jermain Defoe is on a five-man standby list.

Walcott, 17, is one of four strikers in Eriksson's squad, along with Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen and Peter Crouch.

Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing and Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves are the other surprise inclusions.

Lennon, 19, gets in ahead of fellow winger Wright-Phillips, who despite not playing regularly for Chelsea had kept his England squad place until now.

But he does not even make the standby list either, which includes uncapped West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker and Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

Uncapped Walcott meanwhile is yet to make a first-team appearance for Arsenal and Eriksson - who revealed his squad at a news conference on Monday - said his decision to include the youngster was a last-minute one.

It was sad to not pick people but we had to make a decision
Sven-Goran Eriksson    

"I only decided finally this morning," said the England coach, who will step down after the World Cup.

"It's a big gamble, I know it is. I am excited to see him, he's a big talent. And pace in football today is worth a lot.

"For me it's a good squad, an interesting squad. There are some new players, some young players and it is an attacking squad with a lot of pace which is necessary in a World Cup."

Asked how he came to the decision to omit the likes of Defoe and Bent in favour of Walcott, Eriksson confessed: "Probably not too logically.

"Sometimes you do it on feelings as well and I am excited about Theo Walcott."

Eriksson's assistant Tord Grip said Walcott's lack of experience would not count against him.

"Theo is being given a chance and I think he will take it like other young players have," he told BBC Sport.

"Wayne Rooney had not played many games before he was called up. Theo has not been tested yet but he will be.

"I thought we should pick him. At his age you have no fear and you do not feel pressure."

Walcott and Crouch are the only fully fit recognised strikers in the squad, with Rooney, in particular, a major doubt as he recovers from a broken metatarsal.

Owen is closer to a full return after also breaking a bone in a foot.

"I think Michael Owen will be fully 100% fit to train with us from Monday. Rooney, it is just to wait and hope and see," said Eriksson.

It's strange Sven has only picked four forwards. He should have taken Defoe instead of Hargreaves or Jenas
From S

"But Joe Cole is a striker as well so in reality we have seven defenders, nine midfielders and five strikers - it is depending on how you use Joe Cole."

Eriksson admitted it had been a difficult task informing those players who had not been selected, but added that the decision to exclude King was based on the Tottenham defender's fitness.

"This morning I talked to those players. It was sad to not pick people but we had to make a decision," he said.

"Ledley King is injured and he can't train. If you talk about centre-halves we are very well covered, so taking another one half-injured when we have so many good ones it is not a good idea."

Eriksson must name his final squad on Monday 15 May, but he has until 24 hours before England's first game on 10 June to replace any injured players.

Provisional squad:
Robinson (Tottenham), James (Manchester City), Green (Norwich); G Neville (Manchester United), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Terry (Chelsea), Cole (Arsenal), Campbell (Arsenal), Carragher (Liverpool), Bridge (Chelsea), Beckham (Real Madrid), Carrick (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Downing (Middlesbrough), J Cole (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Rooney (Manchester United), Owen (Newcastle), Crouch (Liverpool), Walcott (Arsenal).

Standby:
Carson (Liverpool), Young (Charlton), Reo-Coker (West Ham), Defoe (Tottenham), Johnson (Crystal Palace).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:37:35 AM by 1989 »
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2006, 10:27:48 AM »
A nice read

why so angry?? i did not say that it was taken from the article. dont be angry at me i know you are a defoe fan it a forum and we all have opinions
Whos angry at you?? Not me I made a point you should seek it but you dont want to seek it! You want to come with posst like above I know you vex because you PM me because you think that Harewood is better than defoe and harewood ent even get piss on ;)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We Dead: England Chooses Squad.
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »
How de ass yuh cud put yuh topic as we dead...steeeeeeupse i eh care if yuh was joking...it jus looking poor on de board...
I waiting to see if that youth go get any run....guess his main thing is to get a feel for the experience and will come strong in 2010
Back in Trini...

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2006, 10:32:13 AM »
:rotfl:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2006, 10:34:07 AM »
:rotfl:
I didnt even see that  :rotfl:

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We Dead: England Chooses Squad.
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2006, 10:36:05 AM »
yow, you looking for a planass boy.  What kinda wet draws topic name is that?  You go ahead, we go put Triniman on yuh case yuh know.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We 'eh' Dead: England Chooses Squad.
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2006, 10:38:52 AM »
happy now?!  The point remains, speed is going to be a major problem for us.  Yorke, Latapy, Birchall, Marvin, Lawrence, Avery, are all too slow to stop those youngsters.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2006, 10:41:07 AM »
I think Sven know what he sees in Theo. All ah we saying dat is a shit side and it have better Premiership strikers but Sven aint no idiot. He obviously saw or knew something about Theo that we don't. Sven is a big time coach so he know what he doing.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2006, 10:42:31 AM »
How de ass yuh cud put yuh topic as we dead...steeeeeeupse i eh care if yuh was joking...it jus looking poor on de board...
I waiting to see if that youth go get any run....guess his main thing is to get a feel for the experience and will come strong in 2010

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »
Topic is WE EH DEAD read PPL
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 10:43:56 AM »
Topic is WE EH DEAD read PPL
yes we know this, he change it from what he had b4

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2006, 10:47:08 AM »
oh okay
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2006, 10:50:34 AM »
WTD yuh here boy ah ain't see yuh post tyuh report bout de game

and what kinda folly 1989 promoting... if yuh have ah problem wid we trinibago side keep dat kinda shit tuh yuhself not on this forum man

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2006, 10:57:32 AM »
WTD yuh here boy ah ain't see yuh post tyuh report bout de game

and what kinda folly 1989 promoting... if yuh have ah problem wid we trinibago side keep dat kinda shit tuh yuhself not on this forum man
yeah i puttin it together now

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2006, 11:10:15 AM »
OK we're not dead, but I do have some concern about Sven's decision to take a 17 year old and 19 year old (more the 17 year old) to the world cup.  That's sounding like he plans to make us run like crazy....

Trini real conceited oui. You make it sound like if Sven pick he team uniquely on the best possible matchup, like if we are the most important match for them in the first round...Plus you didn't need to start a new topic about this, we have about three other thread on england squad...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>