April 30, 2024, 10:25:28 AM

Author Topic: Peru leave out their stars.  (Read 12233 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Peru leave out their stars.
« on: May 09, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »
Peru leave out their stars.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Peru have left out their European-based stars Paolo Guerero (Bayern Munich), Jefferson Farfan (PSV Eindhoven), Claudio Pizarro (Bayern Munich), Santiago Acasiete (Spain), Nolberto Solano (Newcastle) and influential Ecuador-based midfielder Roberto Palacios Liga (Deportivo Universitario Quito) and will field a locally-based team against Trinidad and Tobago today.
The teams meet in a friendly international from 6.30 p.m. at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, the last home game for the T&T Soca Warriors prior to competing at the World Cup in Germany from June 9-July 9.
Six of the Peruvians have come from their champion club Alianza Lima, who edged Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 last May soon after Dutchman Leo Beenhakker took over as T&T coach from Bertille St Clair.
Another five Peruvians are drawn from Sporting Crystal, another of their top clubs; three from Universidad San Martin; and two more from Cienciano.
The Peru squad are quite young as well. Goalkeepers George Forsythe and Gotuzzo Burton are 24 and 20 years old, respectively. Two other 20-year-olds are midfielder Miguel Cevasco and forward Douglas Junior Ross, while Alianza Lima midfielder Paulo Rinaldo Cruzaro and defender Alberto Junior Rodriguez are both 22 years old.
Yesterday, the Peruvian players trained from 4 p.m. at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, prior to Trinidad and Tobago's closed-door session at the same venue.
The Peru practice was conducted by head coach Franco Enrique Navarro and was a mainly light session in which they did some tactical work and also concentrated on dead ball drills.

PERU:
George Patrick Forsyth (Alianza Lima), Miguel Angel Villata (Cienciano), Salas Rainer Torres (Sporting Crystal), Carlos Alberto Zegarra (Sporting Crystal), Amilton Fair Prado (Sporting Crystal), Alberto Junior Rodriguez (Sporting Crystal), Roberto Carlos Jiminez (Alianza Athletico), Erick Guillermo Delgado (Sporting Crystal), Gutizzo Leao Butron (Sporting Crystal), Wilmer Alexander Aguirre (Alianza Lima), Santiano Roberto Salazar (Universidad San Martin), Vasallo Olcesa (Universidad San Martin), Douglas juniors Ross (Cienciano), Gustavo Enrique Vasallo (Cienciano), Paulo Rinaldo Cruzado (Alianza Lima), Manuel Alejandro Corrales (Alianza Lima), Pedro Alexandro Garcia de la Cruz (Universidad San Martin), John Galliquio (Universidad San Martin), Miguel Cevasco (Universidad de Depostes), Pedro Alexandro Garcia (Universidad San Martin).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:21:27 AM by Flex »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Peru leave out their stars
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:45:47 PM »
didnt we pay like 1.2 million extra to bring all de big players??

wat stupidness is dis now come nah jack

300 to watch 20yr ol boys??

George Sommer, Erick Vasquez, Leao Gotuzzo (goalkeepers); Santiago Pena, Manuel Gonzales, Miguel Hurtado, Amilton Barron, John Castro, Ernesto Donayre (defenders); Aldo Vasallo, Paulo Durand, Rainer Salas, Carlos Zamora, Miguel Abad (midfielders); Roberto Jimenez, Wilmer Vasquez, Douglas Santillana, Pedro De La Cruz, Gustavo Ferrari (strikers).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:23:03 AM by Flex »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 08:47:53 PM »
Jack pay himself that extra money.

Solano is injured btw.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »
Steups........same ting i saying. Why with Jack yuh gone tuh buy ice cream...paying top dollar for it....and when de cone reach in yuh hand....is some nice warm runny shit.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 08:55:38 PM »
The price of patriotism.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Lasana Liburd ponders FIFA VP Jack Warner's obsession with high ticket prices.
Trinidad and Tobago sport fans will pay a possible record attendance fee to see the "Soca Warriors" play Peru in an international friendly on May 10 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Tickets for the uncovered stand cost $300 while supporters in the covered stand must fork out $500 each with no concessions for children-or government ministers.
Works and Transport Minister Colm Imbert plans to "storm". He insisted that it was a matter of principle.
"I certainly will be going to the game," Imbert said at last week's post-Cabinet press conference. "I mean the National Stadium is state property The stadium does belong to the people of T&T and as the Government we are the custodians of State property."
In response, FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner promised to save him the trouble-and potential embarrassment of being turned away by unimpressed, rented security.
"Since 'no-one is above the law'," said Warner, "( ) I have taken it upon myself to purchase the ticket for Minister Imbert And I have so advised the ticket collectors at the VIP entrance of the covered stand."
It is lovely when things work out. At the very least, Imbert should send Warner his appreciation by text-via bmobile, of course.
But what about the other 100,000 or so citizens who would also like to see their national heroes for the last time before they head to the 2006 World Cup in Germany?
They cannot all get in to the Hasely Crawford Stadium, which seats roughly 23,000. So, by the law of supply and demand, Warner is justified in hiking ticket prices-simply because he can.
Only Warner dares not spout such capitalist slogans. He cannot risk sneering "Ticket or leave it!" while knowing fully well that government funding is instrumental to the T&TFF's football programme.
Warner, who was rebuked by FIFA in February for monopolising Trinidad and Tobago's ticket allocation for his own benefit, may also be wary of pushing local fans too far by openly exploiting their affection for the Warriors.
So, instead, he went for reverse psychology.
"Ask not what your football team can do for you but what you can do for your team!"
The Warriors, it seems, have a real financial crisis. They are bordering on destitute-in spite of a $39 million FIFA payout, $45 million guarantee from the T&T government and approximately $20 million in private sponsorship deals.
It is for the team's sake that Warner asked fans to dig deep and pay more than double the gate fee of $100 and $200 from the World Cup qualifying series.
Warner's financial arguments, not for the first time, were far from convincing.
There is an accommodation cost to offset in Germany, Warner explained, as national coach Leo Beenhakker wants the T&TFF officials to stay as far from the players as possible.
Only thing is FIFA said last December that it pays for accommodation for players and officials.
Warner pointed out that there was a $2.2 million loss to offset from February's international friendly against Iceland, as well as an additional $1.4 million to pay for Peru to bring its best possible team.
As regards the Iceland fixture, Warner neglected to dissect the costs or explain how a match already budgeted for can possibly incur such a loss. Or, in the latter case, exactly what type of team was Peru sending in the first place and why should T&T again be forced to go so far over its budget to coax them into sending a decent team?
Surely Warner's most eye-opening assertion was that the price had been fixed to offset the cost of giving the players two World Cup tickets each "at no cost".
Warner admitted to selling approximately 2,000 World Cup tickets meant for Trinidad and Tobago fans through Simpaul Travel by mid-February. At a profit of nearly $15,000 per package-which includes three tickets-Warner's family already benefited in the vicinity of $9 million. (Warner took his name off Simpaul's list of directors last March, although there is no evidence that he sold his shares in the company).
For Warner to balk at giving 46 complimentary tickets to the national squad, who set the stage for him to make such a handsome profit in the first place, is a lack of respect to the players' value. But for Warner to expect fans to foot the bill is an insult to the nation's collective intelligence.
Like Icarus in Greek mythology, Warner is flying dangerously close to the sun.
Beenhakker made light of the T&TFF's claim that the upcoming friendly is crucial to his preparation for the World Cup.
"Peru is more of a farewell game with all the activities going on," said Beenhakker, last Thursday. "From the moment we arrive in England (on May 16), we start (our serious work). Our preparation begins from the first game against Wales in Austria."
So, Trinidad and Tobago fans must pay an unprecedented fee to give their own team a proper send-off. But is Warner's asking price really too steep or are critics merely too cheap?
Perhaps the best indication would be to look at the prices being quoted by fellow World Cup playing nations. And it does not lend credence to the T&TFF's price hike.
In Britain, for instance, supporters will pay TT$280 (£25) to watch England play Jamaica in May, while German friendlies against other nations who, unlike Peru, will actually play in the 2006 World Cup range between TT$115 (15 Euros) and TT$458 (60 Euros).
The average salary in Germany, mind you, is TT$15,910 or 2,083 Euros per month as opposed to TT$3,500 or 458 Euros per month in Trinidad and Tobago.
Imbert, as an engineer and Member of Parliament, earns comfortably more than the average local salary but remained unconvinced at the price hike.
Tongue-in-cheek, Warner interceded on his behalf.
The rest of the nation, though, will pay heavily for their love of football in general and the Soca Warriors in particular. Warner will scrutinise the response from the public.
More than the challenge posed by 16 Peruvians, it is the jousting between Warner and the general public that might have the biggest effect on the future of local football under the present T&TFF administration.

Fans purchase tickets at the Hasely Crawford Stadium last Saturday for the international friendly between Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors and Peru at the same venue on Wednesday, May 10.

We have to be really stupid as far as MR. Jack Warner is concerned. Seriously how do we deal with these kinds of injustices, meted out to the public?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 08:58:23 PM »
We have to be really stupid as far as MR. Jack Warner is concerned. Seriously how do we deal with these kinds of injustices, meted out to the public?

Say absolutely nuttin. Ent flavio??
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 09:04:56 PM »
is a jokey Peru side we playing

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 09:15:37 PM »
BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 09:47:41 PM »
that's why i did not waste my time going trini. i thought this bull shit
would of happen.

say what, i'll give jack the Ron Jeremy award. :devil: :devil:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 10:22:30 PM »
We need to put 5 past that team. Send dem back home totally embarassed.

Offline farfan_fan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 10:35:41 PM »
We need to put 5 past that team. Send dem back home totally embarassed.

Wow, no way we are still winning. I know it be much better if our best players came, but the date si not a really good one, and it cant be postpone. Pizarro already won the bundesliga with guerrero, but their coach still dont want them to play against T&T, i don't get it :-\ farfan just play in holland, maybe its better if he doesnt play because he is tired, the others guys are full strengh, palacios and hidalgo playing rigth on the same day for the copa libertadores, so they cant make it either, and solano, like someone said is injured anyway.  many of the guys playing are linked to moving to better leagues such as belgium, italy, mexico, germany or russia they are really good and fast, they will put a good perfomance, im sure of it

Offline bryonji

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 10:45:14 PM »
The price of patriotism.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Warner pointed out that there was a $2.2 million loss to offset from February's international friendly against Iceland, as well as an additional $1.4 million to pay for Peru to bring its best possible team.
As regards the Iceland fixture, Warner neglected to dissect the costs or explain how a match already budgeted for can possibly incur such a loss. Or, in the latter case, exactly what type of team was Peru sending in the first place and why should T&T again be forced to go so far over its budget to coax them into sending a decent team?

Is how much money Jack Warner really want..........like this man trying to set some kinda record for most corrupt.................blatant thievery and corruption..............and de man so bold and brazen like he always right
Peru finished 9th out of 10 in conmebol world cup qualification and dey bringing this second string team......... i looking for a convincing victory

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 12:18:11 AM »
I feel jack go chill in he german office for a while

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 01:24:07 AM »
i think we have an edge on the bookies

for last couple of days paddypower.com and ladbrokes.com had T&T priced up at 11/10 to win this match

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=GoCoupons&category=SOCCER&ev_class_id=49&id=321

they still showing 11/10 T&T, 11/5 The Draw, 2/1 Peru

in light of this new information about Peru sending a team of reserves T&T should be long odds-on to win this match, say 1/4 or even 1/5 chance
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peru leave out their stars.
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 05:25:58 AM »
We got what we paid for, the only thing, we as fans didn't know what deal Jack worked out with them. Pay for a second team, made it look like Peru's big team through the TTFF Media and collect millions in the end.

Jack Warner is a money lover.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 05:37:25 AM »
well we paying to see ah world cup side.....pizzaro, guero and solano not in de world cup......is latas ,yorke, stern and tnt....booommmmmmmmmmmmm
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 06:17:36 AM »
Big Mag congrats on yuh 1000th post

But arghm alyuh bawling Peru weak etc...........if the same 20year olds cut we arse later today I hope alyuh take that and cool it.

That said.....I hope we win, I hope we do it convincingly, and I also hope we put in a good workmanlike performance and players step up they game. No more lapsing like Grenada.

Lastly I expect a good game...the Alianza Lima game showed these Peru fellas could play, they were also bigger, stronger and more aggressive.

2-1 TT........Both goals by the one and only Russel Latapy

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 06:49:13 AM »
Touches, ah know that ah give yuh ah prediction yesterday, but after i see dat peruvian side, ah have tuh take it back!!

We going and run over this team!!

ah love it!!

Crobar going and be nice after!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 06:50:39 AM »
eh heh...that was meh 1000....mama....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 06:51:09 AM »
Anybody know what colour Peru playing in? Just curious
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 06:55:28 AM »

you want to support dem in smart...lol..

thats a good question..

GW make sure and put on yuh warrior nation tee-shirt...

Luv up the culture

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 07:01:39 AM »

thats a good question..

Luv up the culture

Lol, later I have a choice between my WN t shirt and the baby t, nobody cyah mistake me for a Peruvian supporter at all.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 07:07:27 AM »

thats a good question..

Luv up the culture

Lol, later I have a choice between my WN t shirt and the baby t, nobody cyah mistake me for a Peruvian supporter at all.

that is not a difficult choice ....... :devil:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 07:34:07 AM »
Now how do you thing Grenada felt when we played  our 'president's x1' aganist them and not our 'big stars'?

Maybe Peru is using this game  to showcase and to look at possible players? nevertheless is ah team choses to run those level of players aganist you, all we have to do is 'cut arse' and that will be the definitive answer to all the ploys which are tried.

The bottom line is that they could send they u-21, it doh matter until we put a good licking on the team and maybe next time they will think differently.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 08:10:37 AM »
The point is Big Magician is that people want to see our stars against the best of Peru. This is unacceptable, is best they did charge $200.00 and have a meet and greet party with all the players available and then some 5 a-side  ;D
Seriously though why throw that kind of money behind a team that is not WC quality.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 08:17:55 AM »
Now how do you thing Grenada felt when we played  our 'president's x1' aganist them and not our 'big stars'?

Hoss. That was Grenada's under 23 (Olympic team). You can't even make that kind of comparison. This is an official FIFA A team match we're talking about here.

In any case, Grenada probably glad we didn't send in the big boys or all now they woulda be still smarting from 10 goals..
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 09:11:41 AM »
Anybody know any reporters?  Get them on de TTFF case one time.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »
Let's hope we can dominate this Peru squad...chances are, they might have some good depth and some young hungry players who will try to rise to the occasion, and they will give us a very good match.... It's very stupid to underrate an unknown squad....If the socawarriors had the same mentality as the sentiment on this thread, we would be sure to lose the match tonight.

I want to bet that very few if any on this message board, can comment on the abilities of the individuals in the Peru line up....so let's not jump to conclusions

This is Latapy's last game on home turf.....warriors at home, regardless of if we were playing against Peru's best or Guam, focus on giving him the send-off that he deserves.

GO T&T
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 09:35:45 AM »

i just wa see a reall good competitive game

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 09:47:03 AM »
Let's hope we can dominate this Peru squad...chances are, they might have some good depth and some young hungry players who will try to rise to the occasion, and they will give us a very good match.... It's very stupid to underrate an unknown squad....If the socawarriors had the same mentality as the sentiment on this thread, we would be sure to lose the match tonight.

I want to bet that very few if any on this message board, can comment on the abilities of the individuals in the Peru line up....so let's not jump to conclusions

This is Latapy's last game on home turf.....warriors at home, regardless of if we were playing against Peru's best or Guam, focus on giving him the send-off that he deserves.

GO T&T

DC I see what yuh saying. we should never underestimate our opposition, after all, that's what we telling the other teams in our WC group.

however, my greivance is that Jack & TTFF went out there, jack up the ticket prices (no pun intended), defend the price increase by saying they pay $1MM+ extra for the best Peru team and then to find out Peru leave out the stars. that is just another affront by Jack Warner & the administrators of T&T football to the sensibilities and pockets of T&T nationals.

maybe it would not have been such an insult if they just said they increase the price because it's Latapy last home game and the Socawarriors send off.

1]; } ?>