April 27, 2024, 08:17:49 AM

Author Topic: Peru leave out their stars.  (Read 12198 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peru leave out their stars.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 10:02:03 AM »
Let's hope we can dominate this Peru squad...chances are, they might have some good depth and some young hungry players who will try to rise to the occasion, and they will give us a very good match.... It's very stupid to underrate an unknown squad....If the socawarriors had the same mentality as the sentiment on this thread, we would be sure to lose the match tonight.

I want to bet that very few if any on this message board, can comment on the abilities of the individuals in the Peru line up....so let's not jump to conclusions

This is Latapy's last game on home turf.....warriors at home, regardless of if we were playing against Peru's best or Guam, focus on giving him the send-off that he deserves.

GO T&T

DC I see what yuh saying. we should never underestimate our opposition, after all, that's what we telling the other teams in our WC group.

however, my greivance is that Jack & TTFF went out there, jack up the ticket prices (no pun intended), defend the price increase by saying they pay $1MM+ extra for the best Peru team and then to find out Peru leave out the stars. that is just another affront by Jack Warner & the administrators of T&T football to the sensibilities and pockets of T&T nationals.

maybe it would not have been such an insult if they just said they increase the price because it's Latapy last home game and the Socawarriors send off.

good point..... :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 10:08:37 AM »
The point is Big Magician is that people want to see our stars against the best of Peru. This is unacceptable, is best they did charge $200.00 and have a meet and greet party with all the players available and then some 5 a-sideĀ  ;D
Seriously though why throw that kind of money behind a team that is not WC quality.

what if we don't beat them? what do we know of this Peruvian squad? When other teams talk about the soca warriors that dismissively we get in an uproar. I guess we are no better when the tables are turned....How can you judge who is WC quality and who isn't? Teams qualify for the WC depending on what zone they are in...remember that. Turkey, Rep. Ireland, Uruguay, Colombia, Denmark...didn't qualify for the WC...doesn't mean they are not WC quality. This Peruvian team may have some real quality and plaenty hunger. Plus footall is also about individual matchups...they could have players in certain positions that could give us a lot of problems...so let us wait and see how they perform before jumping to conclusions. Otherwise...I understand the grievance. I understand why people feel disappointed. Would have been nice to see the best players and it may have been a better match...but who knows

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 10:36:11 AM »
Filho, I think he meant that THAT Peru side (no farfan, no hidalgo, no guerrero, no solano etc) is not WC quality, not that Peru in general shitty
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jimbo

• I iz a Piper!
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »
TTFA should reinburse each paid ticket holder at least $200 because of NO SHOWS in dat Peru team...STEUPS
I an I iz u and u..seen

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 10:44:15 AM »
A T&t Vs Jamaica would have created more excitement and passion.
 We got cheated once again. How we could be so gullible. God alone knows.
 I hope when Jack name call this evening , he will get a resounding BOOand STEUPS.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 10:48:09 AM »
I hope when Jack name call this evening , he will get a resounding BOOand STEUPS.

I would pay 500TT to see that  :devil:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 11:17:19 AM »
I want to bet that very few if any on this message board, can comment on the abilities of the individuals in the Peru line up....so let's not jump to conclusions

That's true kicker, but I really concerned about JW painting Trinidad and Tobago as not wanting to support the team, especially the Gov't. In public he trying to belittle big men in age and status. It not right, I feeling really hurt right now. All is Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.................
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 11:30:40 AM »
   Geez, and I wanted to see Solano play, steups!! Yeah I know that he is injured. Booo so much money indeed.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 11:31:30 AM »

I have been saying this all along. with the English season all but over, a Jamaica vs T&T matchup right now could easily feature both sides at their strongest....I believe it would make for a more rigourous test for the warriors.

On teh bright side, the T&T front men should use this as an opportunity to fine tune their scoring prowess. Most of the players select seem to be from the Lima team that you played some time ago.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »

I understand the frustration...but fellas PLEASE doh spoil the sending off for our FIRST World Cup appearance in front of Beenie and the Latas and all the other players with that kinda behavior nah.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 11:50:15 AM »
Filho, I think he meant that THAT Peru side (no farfan, no hidalgo, no guerrero, no solano etc) is not WC quality, not that Peru in general shitty

Yep, I know. And he may well be right, but all I am just saying that we are still jumping to conclusions about how competitive this young team may be. Maybe they will be krap. But maybe they might give us a real good run if they have some good chemistry and have young hungry, fast players. Doh get me wrong, men vex and I understand why. I find it kinda disappointing myself that the paying public not getting to see the stars they thought they were paying to see. So no argument there...but for the one thing that really matters...the quality of opposition during our buildup to Germany...well it too early to say the young Peru side is a waste of time. Just my 2 cents

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »
Anybody know what colour Peru playing in? Just curious

WHITE
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 12:01:11 PM »
we need to get on ttff's ass for this crap. 1.4 mill just vanish so?
Hart for president

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 12:02:48 PM »

It could be there's a Jack on the Peru side that outjacked Jack!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 12:06:04 PM »

It could be there's a Jack on the Peru side that outjacked Jack!

two jack warners??!! thats scary.
Hart for president

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 12:07:01 PM »

Even with those players they aint WC quality cause they couldn't qualify with them

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 12:11:53 PM »
Filho, I think he meant that THAT Peru side (no farfan, no hidalgo, no guerrero, no solano etc) is not WC quality.

Peru, is spring time, so allya can plant Tulips right here

West...yuh losing yuh mind dese days or what?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 12:15:51 PM »
ALyuh doe study Peru and who dey bring.

Study that you seeing Latapy in the Crawford for the last time.

I not justifying the price but I trying to put it into a perspective.

But honestly I think quality of opposition is the thing that irritating people.

Lewwe say we were playing a Brazil, Argentina, Holland or Italy.
Man woulda pay 600 for GROUNDS to watch Ronaldinho and 1000 plus for Stands.

I think for the 300 man woulda prefer to see a Uruguay or a African team.

But let us just enjoy the game and hope we put out a good performance over this Peru team.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »

Yep, I know. And he may well be right, but all I am just saying that we are still jumping to conclusions about how competitive this young team may be. Maybe they will be krap. But maybe they might give us a real good run if they have some good chemistry and have young hungry, fast players. Doh get me wrong, men vex and I understand why. I find it kinda disappointing myself that the paying public not getting to see the stars they thought they were paying to see. So no argument there...but for the one thing that really matters...the quality of opposition during our buildup to Germany...well it too early to say the young Peru side is a waste of time. Just my 2 cents

I  believe that people are overeactin to the make up of the Peruvian team....the fact that they are young does not mean that they will not be competitive....the Jamaicans sent a young supposedly inexperienced team to play de US and came away wid a tie....
One other thing ....you along with some other people stated that paying public not getting to see the stars they thought they were paying to see. my question is this...are the players on our national team not stars that are worthy of us forkin out a $300-500....also if we were playing Brazil.... ronnie,kaka,ronaldo etc. were coming and the price was $800...would there be such an uproar over the ticket prices....I know dey say that patriotism usually blinds you, but I look at it as Latas last game on T&T soil and it should not even matter who we playin ....We owe him that much.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »

I look at it as Latas last game on T&T soil and it should not even matter who we playin ....We owe him that much.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 12:36:50 PM »
I heard farfan is inthe line up

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 01:09:10 PM »
Anybody know what colour Peru playing in? Just curious

you want to support dem in smart...lol..

thats a good question..

GW make sure and put on yuh warrior nation tee-shirt...

Luv up the culture

lol, well we playing at home so we should be wearing we red so them should be wearing white

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2006, 01:49:11 PM »
THIS IS REAL SHIT Jack again how many times does this man have to bleed T&T Football lovers. Forget all the tata about Latas last match and football send off, fellas doh spoil de party all dat. I alone spend a small fortune supporting T&T Football all over CONCACAF following them and continue to support dem. But Jack thiefing my money and I vex.
TTFF lie to we AGAIN and lie to the government, I waiting on dem Jack lovers to raise they voice.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2006, 04:04:10 PM »

IĀ  believe that people are overeactin to the make up of the Peruvian team....the fact that they are young does not mean that they will not be competitive....the Jamaicans sent a young supposedly inexperienced team to play de US and came away wid a tie....
One other thing ....you along with some other people stated that paying public not getting to see the stars they thought they were paying to see. my question is this...are the players on our national team not stars that are worthy of us forkin out a $300-500....also if we were playing Brazil.... ronnie,kaka,ronaldo etc. were coming and the price was $800...would there be such an uproar over the ticket prices....I know dey say that patriotism usually blinds you, but I look at it as Latas last game on T&T soil and it should not even matter who we playin ....We owe him that much.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2006, 05:41:42 PM »

IĀ  believe that people are overeactin to the make up of the Peruvian team....the fact that they are young does not mean that they will not be competitive....the Jamaicans sent a young supposedly inexperienced team to play de US and came away wid a tie....

:applause: :applause: :applause:

agreed, BUT we got robbed of 1.4 mill, been lied to again.
Hart for president

1]; } ?>