April 26, 2024, 05:05:30 AM

Author Topic: 80% theory  (Read 2430 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
80% theory
« on: May 10, 2006, 02:04:03 AM »
OK i was in a class and i presented this to a professor and he said it was stupid and he wanted a copy so i knew i was working with something.

When i first heard of the theory of gravity i said it was bullshyt and i could come up with something better that we could actually use.

first let me explain why i dont believe in gravity: i think it is a force pushing us towards earth rather than a force pulling us down.

NOW ON TO MY THEORY

Now for a theory to have any relevance there must be a need?? right?

Okay the need is there because sometimes racism is being misunderstood with actual facts, like when someone says " Black people love chicken" Is it racist or is it a fact of is it a product of the 80% theory??

the theory goes: If you can prove the statement to be 80% correct then its a fact.

So lets examine "black people love chicken" for this to be a fact then we must prove that 80% of black people actually love it. we all know that there iz vegetarians out there so they would be the bottom 10%, the top ten would be those who got no other meat available to them so chicken would be the only meat they can eat. YUH FOLLOWING MEH???

2nd option

In another thread we was talking about Indians playing football and someone said Indians dont play football.

Lets examine using my theory:

if we go to India and find at least 80% of the population playing football then it could be a fact. we have to put the few actually made it to the premier league and put them in the top 10% and those who dont have access to a ball and was never introduced to the sport in the bottom 10%.

you could use it for anything like "trini's love to party" of course there is trini's who dont party because of religion etc. but now you all can direct anyone to this thread and shut up your co-worker because at least 80% of trini's love ah good lime ;D

Many people hate on my theories but they still could use it to get out of trouble if it was readily available like lets say newton stupid laws, or bournelli's principle, or Einstein's crap.

MORVANTMAN FOR PRESIDENT

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 02:08:52 AM by morvant »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 80% theory
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:17:19 AM »
Morvant,

I does use de 1% theory all de time.

If ah ask 100 women fuh ah shag ...... at least one go say yes... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 04:20:17 AM »
but fishs , does all woman slap yuh when yuh ask fuh that ?

so if only 1 % agree
and 9 % say no
then 90 % slap yuh , so , technically , all woman doh give it when yuh ask for it !

Yuh professor ask for a copy ?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 07:02:05 AM »
Morvantman there is a term for this 80% theory of yours, statements such as those you referenced are called fallacies

from m-w.com

fallacy
1 a obsolete : GUILE, TRICKERY b : deceptive appearance : DECEPTION
2 a : a false or mistaken idea <popular fallacies> b : erroneous character : ERRONEOUSNESS
3 : an often plausible argument using false or invalid inference

dictionary.com

A false notion.
A statement or an argument based on a false or invalid inference.
Incorrectness of reasoning or belief; erroneousness.
The quality of being deceptive.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:54:52 AM by trinindian »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:18:14 AM »
OK i was in a class and i presented this to a professor and he said it was stupid and he wanted a copy so i knew i was working with something.

When i first heard of the theory of gravity i said it was bullshyt and i could come up with something better that we could actually use.

first let me explain why i dont believe in gravity: i think it is a force pushing us towards earth rather than a force pulling us down.

NOW ON TO MY THEORY

Okay the need is there because sometimes racism is being misunderstood with actual facts, like when someone says " Black people love chicken" Is it racist or is it a fact of is it a product of the 80% theory??

the theory goes: If you can prove the statement to be 80% correct then its a fact.

So lets examine "black people love chicken" for this to be a fact then we must prove that 80% of black people actually love it. we all know that there iz vegetarians out there so they would be the bottom 10%, the top ten would be those who got no other meat available to them so chicken would be the only meat they can eat. YUH FOLLOWING MEH???

2nd option

In another thread we was talking about Indians playing football and someone said Indians dont play football.

if we go to India and find at least 80% of the population playing football then it could be a fact. we have to put the few actually made it to the premier league and put them in the top 10% and those who dont have access to a ball and was never introduced to the sport in the bottom 10%.

you could use it for anything like "trini's love to party" of course there is trini's who dont party because of religion etc. but now you all can direct anyone to this thread and shut up your co-worker because at least 80% of trini's love ah good lime ;D

Many people hate on my theories but they still could use it to get out of trouble if it was readily available like lets say newton stupid laws, or bournelli's principle, or Einstein's crap.

MORVANTMAN FOR PRESIDENT

Well Movant we know that not 80% of the Indian population play football, but that doesn't mean that Indans don't play football, because there are Indians who do play football.

Also, is saying  "ALL black people like chicken" necessarily racist? ???
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »
Suppose your theory was:

"60% percent of black people love chicken"

Den your 80% test wouldnt work  :devil:

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »
Pointman....about de  "ALL black people like chicken" necessarily racist? yeah de "black Americans" deem dat a racist remark....another one is "ALL black people like watermelon" a few years ago when tiger one the Masters a white golfer made a joke stating that Tiger will have chicken and watermelon on the menu (the winner selects the menu) when and if he wins....de NAACP, Rainbow coalition etc...was hot on he arse....although is a true statement, dey ah lil touch wid de issue.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

MickeyRat

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 12:35:55 PM »

NOW ON TO MY THEORY

2nd option

MORVANTMAN FOR PRESIDENT

May I ask what is the name of this school and the degree/course you are enrolled in?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

why???

MickeyRat

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 02:26:37 PM »

why???

No reason.  Glad to know many of you guys are still in school.  What is your major?

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 02:28:19 PM by De Rat »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »

why???

Movant, meh brother-in-law graduated from Embry-Riddle and is now with BWEE. Good school.
All the best!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 05:16:32 PM »
avaition safety

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 09:47:07 PM »
but fishs , does all woman slap yuh when yuh ask fuh that ?

so if only 1 % agree
and 9 % say no
then 90 % slap yuh , so , technically , all woman doh give it when yuh ask for it !

Yuh professor ask for a copy ?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh learn in dis day tuh use cell phone , email, fax an ting tuh minimise de slap.

Mih prof wish he was as lucky as me.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 04:55:20 AM »
wham , like you feel cellphone and e-mail does get yuh away or what !

You just wait til you see she , she'll be saving the slap for yuh..and yuh might get it even harder lol
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 07:59:44 AM »
wham , like you feel cellphone and e-mail does get yuh away or what !

You just wait til you see she , she'll be saving the slap for yuh..and yuh might get it even harder lol

Dais why de english does call dem slappers !!!!   ;D ;D ;D

1]; } ?>