April 28, 2024, 05:45:27 AM

Author Topic: Jack Cries Foul  (Read 6975 times)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
Jack Cries Foul
« on: May 10, 2006, 09:14:14 AM »
Warner slams British journalist
Phoolo Danny-Maharaj South Bureau

Trinidad Express
Wednesday, May 10th 2006

FIFA vice president and opposition UNC deputy political leader Jack Warner has publicly criticised a British journalist whom he said was brought to Trinidad to harass and intimidate him.

At a UNC meeting at Market Square, Rio Claro, on Monday night, he said that journalist Andrew Jennings had written articles in which most negative things were said about him.

"No foreigner, particularly a white foreigner will come to my country and harass me, intimidate me and push me around," said Warner.

The Daily Mail last week began serialising Foul, a book written by Jennings in which he exposes corruption in FIFA.

Warner, who was speaking in his birth village Rio Claro, said "those were happy days, growing up as a little black boy in a predominantly East Indian community", an experience which has helped him in adult life.

Describing the UNC as a disciplined party, Warner told supporters that there were too many armchair critics in the country who were not doing anything to solve problems
---

Foul" book: statement from FIFA

Source: http://fifa.com/en/media/index/0,1369,117392,00.html

Zurich, 28 April 2006  -  FIFA is aware of the book, Foul, by Andrew Jennings that is set to be published. At first glance, FIFA has noted that the book basically reveals nothing new.

FIFA therefore rejects the allegations
having already commented on them in writing to the author on several occasions.

As the book contains a number of false and libellous claims, FIFA applied for an injunction on the publication and distribution of the book as a precaution several months ago. The Zurich cantonal high court complied with this request by passing a provisional ruling on 26 April 2006.

Further information from:
FIFA Media Department
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Cries Foul
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 09:28:34 AM »
why he have to bring race into this?

jack make himself sound real ignorant there. is like he never leave rio claro.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 09:31:41 AM »

yeah that's shameful...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:36:18 AM »

that is a pretty stupid comment especially considering he is most likely the minority among foreign white men when he up in Zurich.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »
"No foreigner, particularly a white foreigner will come to my country and harass me, intimidate me and push me around," said Warner.
[/b]

oh gord man Austin!

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 09:53:08 AM »

its his only outlet to use...  it is shameful

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 09:57:31 AM »
Foul? More like Fowl Tief...and the whole ah Trinidad should be bawling that...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »
breads
I watch that on tv the other morning

it even worse when yuh see it

I really eh believe that come out he mouth

Més que un club.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 10:05:20 AM »

I totally agree with you opening statement, but I am somewhat unsure of what you meant by the continuation, please enlighten me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:10:56 AM by trinindian »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 10:17:36 AM »
nnah jack boy ... u let mi down there oui
ah feel real shame boy
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

MickeyRat

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
You can take them out de hood, but yuh cah take the hood out of them.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »

Replace the word "hood" with the word "gutter".

The hood is a good place, I'm from there and so are most of our national heroes!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »

This man is amazing, look at this statement he make about the ethnicity of of an individual about nothing that is truly important.

Warner, who was speaking in his birth village Rio Claro, said "those were happy days, growing up as a little black boy in a predominantly East Indian community", an experience which has helped him in adult life.

And then in the same instance he turn around and make this point. He have to believe that people in T&T are uneduucated and/or ignorant.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 11:24:23 AM »
seriously...

Is there anyone whe REALLY like Jack Warner??
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

MickeyRat

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »

Replace the word "hood" with the word "gutter".

The hood is a good place, I'm from there and so are most of our national heroes! 8)

I don't think he's from the gutter as you put it, as a result the word 'hood' still stands.  As for national heros, I don't know.  I would not place 'heros' and Jack in the same sentace nor conversation.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:32:56 AM by De Rat »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 12:23:34 PM »

Watch what yuh saying boss.  You equating being from Rio Claro with ignorance.  Now you are displaying some ignorance in your statement.  I am from Rio Claro and I think you owe me an apology.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 12:26:27 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 04:11:07 PM »
Warner slams British journalist
Phoolo Danny-Maharaj South Bureau

Trinidad Express
Wednesday, May 10th 2006

FIFA vice president and opposition UNC deputy political leader Jack Warner has publicly criticised a British journalist whom he said was brought to Trinidad to harass and intimidate him.

At a UNC meeting at Market Square, Rio Claro, on Monday night, he said that journalist Andrew Jennings had written articles in which most negative things were said about him.

The Daily Mail last week began serialising Foul, a book written by Jennings in which he exposes corruption in FIFA.

Describing the UNC as a disciplined party, Warner told supporters that there were too many armchair critics in the country who were not doing anything to solve problems
---

Foul" book: statement from FIFA

Source: http://fifa.com/en/media/index/0,1369,117392,00.html

Zurich, 28 April 2006  -  FIFA is aware of the book, Foul, by Andrew Jennings that is set to be published. At first glance, FIFA has noted that the book basically reveals nothing new.

FIFA therefore rejects the allegations
having already commented on them in writing to the author on several occasions.

As the book contains a number of false and libellous claims, FIFA applied for an injunction on the publication and distribution of the book as a precaution several months ago. The Zurich cantonal high court complied with this request by passing a provisional ruling on 26 April 2006.

Further information from:
FIFA Media Department

One word..wow!  :o

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 07:17:16 PM »
Aside from the fact that what JW said is embrassing, he has never openly commented on the racist incidents that many black players have been facing recently. The man is powerful but not a leader. Too bad.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 10:18:07 PM »
Maureen, Daryan and Darren Warner like him because they related. People like Oliver Camps and Anil Robers are his puppets. I cannot think of anybody else who like man. Oh yes God he created him and I do not think that he repented for making such a MORON.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 12:21:34 AM »
Look at what people saying about some ah allyuh hero on de Express!

i guess 
Posted: 2006-05-09 10:18:51 PM
 is that a hint of racism coming from mr warner?

Wh ere There Is Smoke There Is Fire 
Posted: 2006-05-09 11:37:47 PM
 Allegations have been popping up left and right against this Mr. Warner in all sorts of dothishness over the past few months. Something is up with this man. Someone should launch an investigation into anything on him, i'm sure something will turn up. On a different note, i honestly dont think the colour of this journalist's skin matters if the words he "speaks" are correct. I am tired of these lazy politicians trying to create a racial divide in my country. Mr. Warner shape up before they put McNicolls on you too! P.S. If the current state of the UNC is viewed as disciplined, then it is no wonder our country is in the state it is. Not that it is the fault of the UNC but the fault of the government which they are a part of.
 Racist comments by Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 01:18:30 AM
 Does it matter what colour someone is when they "harass, intimidate, and push" you around Mr Warner?? Why should it make a difference what "colour" they are? If you have a grouse with somone - fine... deal with them accordingly. By suggesting that your response to a "white" person would somehow be different only serves to prove that you are a racist and by extension completely unfit to be a representative of the pluralistic society that is Trinidad and Tobago. Then again, I think most sensible people in this country know this and in time the polls will reflect this. Instead, I suggest you focus your energies on keeping close to your white god-father Sepp Blatter.
 Warner Paranoid 
Posted: 2006-05-10 01:56:45 AM
 There seems to be enemies behind every bush, as far as Mr. Warner is concerned. He cannot be in politics and public life and not expect to be scrutinized in a public way. Warner needs to be openly transparent at all times; and be available to public overview.
 Warner Slams British Journalist 
Posted: 2006-05-09 10:44:17 PM
 why does Jack feel it neccesary to say "especially a white foreigner" ? Does he carry a chip on his shoulder about white people? if this was a white person saying similliar things the local press would be all over it screaming racism.
 Mr Warner's antics 
Posted: 2006-05-09 11:32:52 PM
 Dear Jack, with the UNC claiming to be an 'all inclusive' party, imagine my dismay to hear you use the phrase'..especially a white foreigner'. Remember Jack that in politics..you can be in one day and in the dog house the next. As Deputy Political Leader of the prominent UNC you should not be so easily 'thin- skinned' toward 'comments' written about you.Your claim to fame is Football and your business savy, nothing more..nothing less...o..and those 'arm- chair critics'who do othing to solve problems, you can put yourself in that category as well. Stop criticizing Jack, stop working for a select few and work for us all!
 White? So what! 
Posted: 2006-05-10 03:58:24 AM
 What on earth has the foreign journalists's race got to do with this? Would Jack have rolled over and admitted guilt if the journalist were black? I think not. If so, why mention race? This is exactly the sort of petty nonsense that T&T has to move beyond if we are ever going make progress as a nation.
 Is Jack Warner given to conspiracy theories? 
Posted: 2006-05-10 05:28:31 AM
 It might appear so due to his public fights with Lasana Liburd whom he accused of trying to assasinate his character. Now a journalist was imported solely to harass him? He needs to take stock of his numerous allegations before he loses all credibility in the public eye.
 A Nice Way To Stay In The Limelight. 
Posted: 2006-05-10 06:22:33 AM
 As a national and international public figure, one has to be subject to scrutiny. The media is used to promote positive results for oneself and one's organisation so why should not the media be allowed to check and or validate the supposedly negative aspects?
 Warner Shut UP 
Posted: 2006-05-10 03:02:11 AM
 Warner should learn how to deal with critics. By so bravly saying, and I am quoting "No Foreigner, particularly a white foreigner will come to my country and harrass me, intimidate me and push me aroud" one can question if it would be a little better if a black foreigner was to come and intimidate him. Look past the color lines Warner, and tackle what the true problem is.
 Does colour or nationality matter? 
Posted: 2006-05-10 07:40:23 AM
 Why would a person in Warner's position as a FIFA vice president and the deputy political leader of a National party in our country describe someone as a "white foriegner" in such a derogatory manner? Is he showing his true colours? How do I explain statements like this to my "white foriegn" friends? Please bring your tourism income, but not your opinion, especially if you are white. Such much for "every creed and race". With so called leaders like that, TnT will always be divided, and easier to rule by like government representatives. Maybe, we (the people) need these outsiders to show us that we do not have to accept what you think we want to hear.
 Like Jack is a racist too. 
Posted: 2006-05-10 09:17:58 AM
 So much for the unity talks of the UNC. Since a Deputy Chairman of the UNC and FIFA representive, can use statements containing words like "especially a white..." with a racial tone, to describe a human being. I wonder what FIFA would say if they knew how you felt about whites. Jack yuh showing your two face side AGAIN. HYPOCRITE!!!!
 Grow up Jack 
Posted: 2006-05-10 10:11:28 AM
 I really thought that we lived in a society where we could freedom of speech was allowed but apparently this is not the case. The comment Mr. Warner made, "No foreigner, particularly a white foreigner will come to my country and harass me, intimidate me and push me around," was just uncalled for and actually very childish. He makes himself sound illiterate.
 WARNER'S STATEMENT. 
Posted: 2006-05-10 10:39:56 AM
 Once again we have another racial statement being made in the press by Mr. Warner, "No foreigner, particularly a WHITE foreigner will come to my country and harass me .....". Come on Mr. Warner as a "wanna be" politician you should no better, especially knowing that your Country is multi racial. Further more if you have nothing to hide why are you upset?
 Warner And Rio Claro 
Posted: 2006-05-10 11:36:55 AM
 My Name is Anthony Stewart a native of Rio Claro. I was born and raised in Rio Claro. I left Rio in 1988 for the USA. I am currently sponsoring a soccer team comprising of Underpriviledge youths from the cemetary area. With all the influence and resources Mr. Warner has as a sports manager, he has never offered a penny towards the development of sport in the area. All the youths of Rio have to look forward too, is being consumers of puncheon as sports have given way to crime and drugs. Now Mr. Warner is looking for support from the people of rio Claro. Please don't play politics with poor people.
 IS Warner prejudice? 
Posted: 2006-05-10 11:44:35 AM
 For a man who is in the public eye and is supposedly intelligent I think that his statement is uncouth.Freedom of speech sir? I guees Mr Warner has never heard of this.It is people like him that cite violence and racial prejudice in this country!!Mr Warner have some diplomacy!!
 Shame on him 
Posted: 2006-05-10 11:45:52 AM
 Regarding Jack Warner's comment on Andrew Jennings, "a white foreigner", there are much more effective words for discrediting your critics. For someone of Mr. Warner's stature and apparent prestige, his comment is certainly one of an ignoramus! Shame on you.
 Warner's comments 
Posted: 2006-05-10 11:52:13 AM
 Judge him not by the colour of his skin,but by the content of his character. Go Warner.

Jack Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 11:58:36 AM
 If Jack Warner is above board on things, and I mean corruption free, etc. why is he worried about a foreign journalist? He must be really worried, because he resorts to the racial name calling. He increases my doubts about his integrity when he describes the UNC as a "disciplined party." What has he been smoking?
 idiot 
Posted: 2006-05-10 12:13:52 AM
 It's called FREE speech Mr. Idiot Warner!

Jack Warner + the FIFA 
Posted: 2006-05-10 12:33:27 AM
 The former Egyptian Minister Of Sport was forced to resign office over well-founded allegations he had bribed Jack Warner to secure his vote for Egypt as the locale for the World Cup. Whenever I meet someone from the Middle East this is the only thing they seem to know about T&T yet it appears no one else in T&T is aware of this connection.
 Ironic Isn't it 
Posted: 2006-05-10 1:03:41 PM
 "No foreigner, particularly a white foreigner will come to my country and harass me, intimidate me and push me around," said Warner. This is Mr. Warners' sentiments about an individual. Yet in the same breath he uttered this one Warner, who was speaking in his birth village Rio Claro, said "those were happy days, growing up as a little black boy in a predominantly East Indian community", an experience which has helped him in adult life. Apparently it has not not helped him at all or else he would have learned to be tolerant of all people.
 The "Brutish" people 
Posted: 2006-05-10 1:04:45 PM
 Yes sir! So the British are back. Warner is correct! No british journalist should be harassing any bonafide Trinidadian regardless of class, creed or race. I think that the British, especially those of White caucasian extract, has had enough of us. They need to leave us alone! The last vestiges of the culture of colonialism must disappear from the T&T landscape. England does not own us! T&T is a republic and we will not succumb to anymore oppression by White "brutish" slavemasters. Johnny Coomansingh
 JACK WARNER 
Posted: 2006-05-10 1:16:54 PM
 Jack Warner would you please shut the hell up, everyone is just fed up with you. You are nothing more than a big opportunist.
 keep showing your colors 
Posted: 2006-05-10 1:20:57 PM
 it's a damn shame for the people of trinidad to have a leader in that high position to say something like that. especially when he is talking about unity when our boys qualified for the world cup.
 UNC sholud ask for Warner's resignation 
Posted: 2006-05-10 09:22:14 AM
 The UNC pary should ask for Mr. Warner's immediate resignation, and distance themself from such racial association. In addition, FIFA should be made sent the article. Mr. Warner, you have no business in the political arena, for years alleged corruption have followed you, and for the future, it does not show sign of going away. From where I stand, I will not vote for any party you represent. Please quit while you are ahead, it is not if you will get caught, it's when....and like it or not that day will come.
 Jack Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 1:26:23 PM
 One day one day congotay as the old people have a saying, the longest rope has an end that is all I have to say. I sit , I watch and observe Goodluck to you and your family Mr. Warner.
 INDIANS AND BLACKS ? 
Posted: 2006-05-10 1:29:12 PM
 When ever i am questions about the true RACE of Trinidad & T, i give a fair ratio of 40% EastIndian and 40%Blacks. The two running parties in trinidad is a classic example of this. the blacks against the indians. Maybe this is why things are not running so smoothly, we need to work together. It is sad to hear such a prominent figure in the country single out someone such as Jennings not only by his nationality, but his RACE. This AGAIN, is why we cannot work together if at least someone in this position does not set an example. Watch the school boys and girls who look up to football now call other races by that itself or worst ETHNIC SLURS
 Sad. 
Posted: 2006-05-10 1:53:34 PM
 Warner is an embarrasment to Trinidadians worldwide and especially white Trinidadians. Why do we put up with this crap in Trinidad?
 Wasteful utterances. 
Posted: 2006-05-10 2:12:58 PM
 why is precious time wasted publishing Jack's utterances? Use the space for what is uplifting and positive. He simply gets too much airplay. DC, Turks and Caicos Islands.
 What sort of behaviour is that? 
Posted: 2006-05-10 2:19:03 PM
 Obviously one does not need to be diplomatic or exhibit non-racist behaviour to rise through the ranks in T&T politics. Imagine if Tony Blair made a similar comment in the uk? Even if the politicians can hold such petty immature views, we the Trinis have to show we can be 115% (including VAT) better than them. DOWN WITH RACISM AND PETTY POLITICS!
 Warner Slams British Journalist 
Posted: 2006-05-10 2:28:02 PM
 Aye Jack, yuh rell good boy. A "White foreigner" can't come from England and comment on how he sees you, but a "White Foreigner" can come from England and kick ball for your football team? Nice...steups!
 Run jack.Run 
Posted: 2006-05-10 2:41:29 PM
 Jack you should try to run out of everything now.Jack your days are numbered.Your time is now to follow the leader(Panday).You claimed not to be stupid so you know what I am talking about(JAIL)I know you will be comfortable at home in Arouca(GOLDEN GROVE).Best of luck Jack.Clement,C.
 Little Jack Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 10:48:15 AM
 Little Jack Warner Grousing in a corner About a new book called 'Foul' He did not keep silent And acted defiant And no 'fraid White Man he howl Mr. Warner, as much as I respect where you and those who worked with you have taken football in this country, you have a lot of growing to do when it comes to criticism. Admit to yourself that you are racist, and begin the recovery process from there.
 more than a fool 
Posted: 2006-05-10 3:49:30 PM
 i suppose if the journalist stay a bit longer in T&T sun and get a good tanning it should be alright then to harrass jack.
 Grow up 
Posted: 2006-05-10 4:15:43 PM
 Grow up Mr. Warner. You are a public figure. Why should you be exempt?

Warner slams British Journalist 
Posted: 2006-05-10 4:38:24 PM
 Boy, yuh talking about "white Foreigner" playing for we. FYI- As the son of a trini parent he is entitled, white or black. wuh dat have to do wid anything, me eh kno
 Jack Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 4:47:34 PM
 Dear Mr Warner, I am due to come home Yes come home because despite living in England for 14 years I still consider Trinidad as home. you know what I am afraid to come home because people cannot walk the street without fear of being gunned down and all you could study is your reputation. Well I don't care about your reputation the politicians on both sides fail to get to grip of what runing a country is all about and all you could think about is your reputation? what are you doing with the government to curve the crime spree in Trinidad? what are you doing with the government to get rid of those sick sick people who molests children? What are you doing with the government to help old people and the undemployed? Let me answer the questions for you NOTHING but yet you are worried about YOUR REPUTATION. Start doing your jobs then maybe the people of Trinidad and Tobago would someday care about you. As they would say in England "pull your finger out"!
 Mr Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 5:29:59 PM
 As a frequent "white English" visitor to T&T I am appaled at Mr Warners paranoia. Is this man really fit for office of any kind? Is he really the kind of man T&T wants to represent it in the world? T&T only makes the news in the UK for it's Murder rates - on occasions the Football team. Why isn't Mr Warner doing something about that? As far as I am aware - no particular group colour or race is doing the killing - it is just Trini's.
 Loose Cannon 
Posted: 2006-05-10 5:33:03 PM
 Jack Warner is simply a loose Cannon. He should stick to FIFA and leave politics alone. No right thinking person would ever believe a fast talker whose only remedy is to cast racial remarks at those who question their corrupt dealings. It is time we all understand that people have a right to question our dealings when we serve the public. If we can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen and this is not a black and white issue Jack!
 Let me warn you Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 5:33:15 PM
 I know you made this statement in a state of mental anguish, but are putting our team, our country, our people, our culture, our wealth at risk. go take a vaccation boy Toronto Canada
 Warner slams British Journalist 
Posted: 2006-05-10 6:38:53 PM
 Is Jack racist? If so why has a white English man whose only connection to Trinidad is being born to English parents whilst they were working in Trinidad chosen for the soca warriors and why washis mother wined and feted courtesy of Jack
 Waner Right 
Posted: 2006-05-10 7:27:10 PM
 had the British Journalist do the same we would not make a big deal but he said how he felt and i guess because off his political stand he wrong i think not more power to him.
 empty vessel 
Posted: 2006-05-10 7:46:27 PM
 Really people. I don't know why the press even bothers about this fool. I for one, don't give him the time of day.
 Jack Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 8:02:32 PM
 Same old Trinidad, one step forward three steps backward.How can Jack Warner look Cris Birchall in the face now? I am not supporting the English, their press are two face bastards, But Jack how the hell can you say something like that??? have you lost your marbles oh what??
 Warner has not responded with the facts to discount the accusations 
Posted: 2006-05-10 8:11:42 PM
 I read the article in the newspaper and was really surprised at how corrupt Mr. Warner really is. I would not want this man in any position of power since it seems that corruption is in his soul. I challenge Mr. Warner to present his side of the story so that we can really understand if the accusations are valid. By the racist comments I imagine he has no other defence.
 when everyone was saying no jack was saying yes 
Posted: 2006-05-10 4:20:51 PM
 aye jack.thanks for believing that trindad would ever play in a world cup and actually doing something to get us there.keep up the good work.
 Jack Warner 
Posted: 2006-05-10 8:38:55 PM
 I have guardedly observed Mr. Warner's antics over the years and quite honestly, his loyalty baffles me. Is he loyal to country, party or personal economics. Personally, I do not trust him because he is blatantly self-serving and nothing good will come out of this. Mark my words, I am seldom wrong about things of such nature. Trini in NY.
 Jack Warner - Why play the race card? 
Posted: 2006-05-10 8:49:34 PM
 Oops! there he goes again. Jack Warner needs to zip it or maybe think before he talks or maybe consult with his nerdy, Sociology Professor, brother. Then again the whole Warner clan are just a bunch of arrogant ... you know what.

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 12:29:18 AM »
Aye..TruTrini...longtime brudder...who was yuh favourite player Trini today on d field? ;D

Jack Warner, if it easnt fuh he we would not be going tuh de World cup.

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 12:34:14 AM »
Boy ah embarass...me aint have nothing to say anymore..I really tink people deserve at least half a refund...on dey ticket..

doh be embarrassed..be like TI..stand by yuh man.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:24 AM »

tttssssss........

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Fifa backs down over book ban
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »
Fifa backs down over book ban
(swissinfo)

May 11, 2006 - 5:01 PM

Fifa has withdrawn a request for an injunction banning the sale in Switzerland of a book detailing serious allegations of corruption at world football's governing body.

Zurich-based Fifa said on Thursday that it no longer opposed the publication and distribution of "Foul! The Secret World of Fifa: Bribes, Vote Rigging and Ticket Scandals".

Fifa obtained a provisional injunction against the book in a Zurich court on April 26, based on what it said were advance notices from the publishers and other information. It argued that the book contained "a number of false and libellous claims".

"Since then, Fifa has had the opportunity to analyse and evaluate the book from a legal point of view," the organisation said in a statement on Thursday.

"Although the book does contain various defamatory passages and many inaccurate statements and aspersions, this toned down version of the book makes it unnecessary for Fifa to continue pursuing legal action."

London-based publisher HarperCollins UK had vowed to challenge the court ruling, saying it had been advised by lawyers that it could overturn the injunction.

Worldwide sales

The book, written by British investigative journalist Andrew Jennings, recently went on sale worldwide.

It delves into the scandal surrounding the collapse of Fifa's marketing partner, ISL/ISMM, which went bankrupt in 2001 with losses of more than $300 million (SFr364 million). Fifa president Sepp Blatter came under fire at the time for not moving quickly enough to avert the financial disaster.

Jennings, who has previously written a book on corruption within the Olympic movement, also makes allegations of vote-rigging during Fifa's internal elections.

Blatter, who is Swiss, faced similar accusations in 2002 from 11 former members of his own executive committee in the run-up to his re-election for a second term as Fifa president.

In December the same year a Zurich court cleared Blatter of corruption and mismanagement, after finding no evidence to support the claims.

KEY FACTS

Fifa announced a profit of SFr214 million for 2005.
It says the staging of this year's World Cup, which kicks off on June 9, will cost SFr871 million.
Sepp Blatter, a Swiss, was elected Fifa's eighth president in 1998.
His second term as president is due to end in 2007 but he has said he will stand for re-election.

RELATED SITES

Fifa (http://www.fifa.com/en/index.html)
HarperCollins UK (http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 08:04:07 PM »
Just curious....any word on why Jennings in Trinidad??
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »

Based on Jack's statements, to harass him, to prevent him from addressing the UNC, and to collude with Boynes in a PNM conspiracy to bring his black a$$ down.

I believe that, don't you???  ::)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 08:31:39 PM »

Based on Jack's statements, to harass him, to prevent him from addressing the UNC, and to collude with Boynes in a PNM conspiracy to bring his black a$$ down.

Yeh i hear Jack say that......buh in the express today....i see a interview with Jennings....he staying at the Hilton. So dat mean he IN trinidad. Wha bring him here?? to do a documentary for bbc....promote the book...wha?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »

Yeh i hear Jack say that......buh in the express today....i see a interview with Jennings....he staying at the Hilton. So dat mean he IN trinidad. Wha bring him here?? to do a documentary for bbc....promote the book...wha?

I would guess to promote his book (has he mentioned it on any talk shows or anything?) and to interview for new stories. He spent more than an hour interviewing Boynes (the alleged PNM conspiracy) and probably trying to get Warner to answer a few questions (catching him before he went to address the UNC). Don't know for sure though.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 09:41:01 PM »
Ok cool. At least he have a plausable reason. Woulda make jack look right if he was jus here on vacation.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 06:57:19 AM »
I'm very happy the "old white man" as Jack called him came to Trinidad. He was pure class and could defend everything he wrote in his book. Jack's racial comment just goes to show how far we have to go in politics. Had this man not been here a comment like that probably would have gone unnoticed and lost in the clutter of the other racist statements.Mr. Jennings was pure class.

1]; } ?>