May 27, 2024, 03:02:18 PM

Author Topic: SW Online Scottish supporter Kenny Millar talks with Jason Scotland.  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Soca Warriors Online long time Scottish supporter and top writer "Kenny Millar" exclusive interview with T&T striker Jason Scotland.

Part 1

Jason Scotland will make the long journey from Dundee to Trinidad first
thing on Sunday morning, just hours after appearing in the Tennent's Scottish Cup Final. Flying home for a training camp with new coach Leo
Beenhakker, 'The Rocket' is intent on taking a Cup Winner's medal with him.
"I'd love to take a winner's medal back home," he admits, "supposing I could get it through customs! "I fly back the day after the final, leaving at 6.50 in the morning from Edinburgh - so I'll be shattered!
"The flight is from Edinburgh to London then to the Port of Spain airport in Trinidad, which takes 14 hours. It'll just be Collin Samuel and me.
"The journey is second nature now - I could tell you the terminals, the best places to eat in the airport and so on, but I'll be in a terrible mood all the way there if we lose this game."
The 26-year-old was the hero for United in their semi-final success over Hibs, coming from the bench to net the winner that sent them to the National Stadium for this weekend's showpiece event.
On a personal level it promises to be a career highlight on Saturday, but it also means so much to a club that has endured a difficult season.
The dread-locked former Army man and his team-mates approach the clash with the weight of the world removed from their shoulders, after they sealed top-flight survival last weekend with a win over Inverness Caley.
"To win the Scottish Cup would be the best moment in my life! We're not going there just to turn up - it's the last game of the season and we'll give it all we've got, he adds."
"We've been focusing so hard on staying in the Premierleague, so we've not had time to worry about the Cup.  "It's easily one of the biggest games in my career and I just want to enjoy the day, giving it my best shot.
"The goal against Hibs in the semi was one of the best goals of my career and made me so proud. It was an important one and everyone went crazy, hugging me and lifting me up!
"As a player, I just looked at the stands and saw so many disappointed Hibs fans, but I just could not stop smiling for days!
"They talk about my goals back home in the media. Me playing in the final means I'll be late for the training camp, but it'll be a big day for me at Hampden.
"Scoring in the semi was just a breathtaking experience, so I don't know what it will be like if I manage to get one against Celtic! If I did, I probably wouldn't need the aeroplane to get back home as I'd be fling on cloud nine!"

Part 2.

Dundee United ace Jason Scotland has revealed he could be set to turn his
back on international football to save his career a Tannadice.
The 26-year-old is growing tired of making the long trek back to play for
Trinidad & Tobago, only to be overlooked for selection. It's a situation he
says is getting to him and has affected his bid to really establish himself
at United and that simply cannot continue.
"I'm supposed to go home this summer for the Gold Cup, but I don't know if I want to because for the past two seasons I've been going home and then not playing enough when I get there.
"At the start of last season, for example, I was in form and playing to my
best. Then I went home for the games with St Kitts and Mexico, and only
played about five minutes in two games and was just sitting in a hotel!
"I came back to Scotland overweight and it took me weeks to recover because I was so sluggish. It took me a while to get back my form and even then I couldn't get back in the team.
"I just think if I go then it could happen all over again and I need to concentrate on getting fit here for the new season. "I haven't spoken to the new manager yet. Players, like Kelvin Jack at Dundee, say I should go and try to impress the new manager but the same things go on with the national team all the time.
"It's difficult when you know what goes on behind the scenes politically
that stops me from being involved.
"I'm proud to play for the national team and wouldn't give it up, but I'll
play under the condition that if I go over there then I have to play.
"The game here in Scotland is so fast that I can't afford to come back from
national duty exhausted. It affects me and that's not good for United. We
leave Trinidad on a Wednesday, get home to Scotland on Friday for United's
game on a Saturday!"
Scotland's exclusion from the national scene last year was attributed to his
inability to follow former coach Bertille St. Claire's strict rules on player haircuts!
"The coach at the time said publicly that he wouldn't pick me because of my
dreadlocks, but that was just an excuse for not selecting me," he adds.
"I went with them for pre-season last year and I played well, scored goals
and the whole thing was strange. People like Brent Sancho still play with
their dreads.
"I just didn't make a big deal of it. It happened to Brent about three years
ago and he made a scene of it, speaking to the press and speaking out
against the manager. My agent spoke about it but I left everyone to it. I'm
quite chilled about it and not the type to make a fuss."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 03:31:33 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland's attitude
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:45:46 PM »
I doh understand why Scotland feel he should be an automatic pick. I agree dat being left out from de squad fuh de Scotland and Iraq games was undeserved and he and Bertille probably had some kinda issues, but he seems tuh display ah kinda Anelka-type of attitude.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
I'm proud to play for the national team and wouldn't give it up, but I'll
play under the condition that if I go over there then I have to play.
"The game here in Scotland is so fast that I can't afford to come back from
national duty exhausted. It affects me and that's not good for United. We
leave Trinidad on a Wednesday, get home to Scotland on Friday for United's
game on a Saturday!"

I came back to Scotland overweight and it took me weeks to recover because I was so sluggish. It took me a while to get back my form and even then I couldn't get back in the team.

HAHAH I really have tuh laugh at what these men say at times. So give creadance to the fact that playing for the national team or at home gave many players an opportunity for a professional contract abroad. Whether this means that they are entitled to  pay homage and represent TNT at a beckon's call is an individual choice. However it behooves  a player to dignify oneself if they are here to tryout. Ego and pride must be surpressed fro the national good.

SO the game in Scotland  is too fast? come on and the game in TNT is slow? so yuh come fuh training and yuh eh keeping fit whose fault is that? If you are a professional, I would think that  you would have some  disciplined training program you follow to keep sharp. This does not have to be match playing time only. It sounds like Scotland  came down here  get some home cooked food, hang out and them go back and he out shape. Whose fault is that?

The question is how much do you really want to represent TNT?  A H WONDER IF LATAPY DIDN'T GET TO THIS MAN? LARD look how we own could turn so quickly and undermind the efforts we are making?  On the flip side you have to give props to a Chris Birchall who never set foot on this soil before, born in England just learning Trini proably get his first lash at some tun tun here and playing he arse out tuh represent TNT? Now how dat go look when we own born and bred talking non sense. The same place that give yuh an opportunity tuh make a decent living and livelihood is the place yuh want tuh sacrifice to say you owe it to your club!!!!!!! what are you trying to say, yuh eh owe  f...all to TNT? Then do like LATAS and stay in Scotland.

Why men like coaches tuh beg? why men like tuh hold people at ransom? I can't fathom why men find that so difficult to represent TNT. That was my dream when I played in south  in the 60's. Man I would play my arse off for that opportunity tuh run out in the national colors and represent. Yuh know if the burning passion eh dey and it is too much th travelling and all dat sh...t then yuh eh doing the team any favours to be going half heartly into the field. Stay in Scotland play with  the men in kilts and the bonnie lassess!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 04:49:41 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland's attitude
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 04:34:21 PM »
I doh understand why Scotland feel he should be an automatic pick. I agree dat being left out from de squad fuh de Scotland and Iraq games was undeserved and he and Bertille probably had some kinda issues, but he seems tuh display ah kinda Anelka-type of attitude.

Tallman, I could not have said it better, I totally agree with you. This sort of attitude Jason Scotland displaying will not only make it bad for him but no one will respect him.

Not getting a fair chance, I would back him up on that, but as far as automatic pick, he dam well out of place, only scored 4/5 goals for his club this season and only of late found form, what makes him a sure pick, heck, he hardly even starts for Dundee United and to know he needs caps to renue his contract, after reading this interview if I was the T&T coach I would not call him back because it seems as soon as he gets a contract renued he will ride out on T&T.

Good point to AlbertaTrini....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 04:37:53 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation

I hope he mean if he comes back he wants to be given a fair chance and consideration to play.
He might have a legit beef that he was really wasting his time before coming back and was never going to get a chance....whether that is true or not I eh know.

Might be harder to convince him that is actual performace in training/warm ups that determine who plays.
But Leo is not going to like some of what he has said and would probably have a good talk with him to clarify.

He complaining at the wrong time doh......he coming in last out of everybody and missing every training match.
Steupse.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
At the start of last season, for example, I was in form and playing to my
best. Then I went home for the games with St Kitts and Mexico, and only
played about five minutes in two games and was just sitting in a hotel!
"I came back to Scotland overweight and it took me weeks to recover because I was so sluggish. It took me a while to get back my form

he lost form and get over weigth in such a short period well i tell you
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
How could a man go home for a week, train with the national squad and get overweight. He eh seriosly blaming TT for that??

As for automatic picks, he might mean exhibitions...he can't serioulsy expect to START in front of players such as Stern, Jones, Yorke continuously?? But I could understand not wanting to leave the club, travel for 14 hrs. to ride pine for an exhibition....well it look like de youth need to sort out some issues.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

truetrini

ah deid tell alyyuh last year dat is why he eh getting pick.  He feel he is ah damn superstar.  Nutten to ndo with he dreads, dat is ah damn lie.
'
is he prima donna attitude dat led to he benching and not getting call up.

dat is ah fact.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If he and Beenie haven't even spoken as yet I seriously doubt that he will get a look for the next set of matches.  If he really wanted to re-join the national squad, he could have flown down for the training camp last week, played against Lima and then flown back to Scotland to train for the cup final this week.

The moral of this story is when man away too long and come back home they jus can't stop eating: is only royal castle, bake and shark, doubles, roti, curry crab and dumplin, stew chicken, macaroni pie, callaloo, pelau not to mention de fetes, carib, stag and black label, and brushin skets!  How you go find time to train in the middle of all dat??

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 The man dam right!!! what is the sense fyling across here to bench? He have no motivation to from Bertille too.. But when he talk so people will put plenty pressure on him when and if he do get his chance to play because they will feel he have to back up his talk...But he damn right because at the end of the day it doh make sense, cause BIG NAME and politics does be the deciding factor...Go T&T

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: SW Online Scottish supporter Kenny Millar talks with Jason Scotland.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 07:47:55 AM »
Phonoxx yuh need tuh read this posting:    Tired Ronaldo gets stern warning

Parreira added: "Nobody is irreplaceable and they're quite welcome to stay at home if they don't want to play -- in fact it's better if they stay at home because otherwise they'll just get in the way of the others

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 08:03:06 AM »
How could a man go home for a week, train with the national squad and get overweight. He eh seriosly blaming TT for that??

As for automatic picks, he might mean exhibitions...he can't serioulsy expect to START in front of players such as Stern, Jones, Yorke continuously?? But I could understand not wanting to leave the club, travel for 14 hrs. to ride pine for an exhibition....well it look like de youth need to sort out some issues.

Peace,
VB

It have some old men here with less time on dey hands just travel 16 hrs to play game in Halifax, sit on bench, get 6,  shop and lime for 6 hrs , sleep, and 16 hrs back. And if they didn't go to work after, they won't get measely pay. And leh me tell yuh something, some ah dem from other Carribean Islands, and when Trinidad call for they support, they ready to fork up they little money to go for June 4th, June 8th and Aug' 17th.. Nobody doh have to, nobody ent ask dem to, hell, dey paying dey way to do it.
Alberta Trini, ready to drive for days to sit down in a stand see he people and back T&T. And for a young man this is an issue ? He need either professional and paternal help.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 08:13:55 AM »
 Ronaldo cannot really be replaced my friend... to be totally honest there is no other Striker in the world in his caliber... he can have a bad season and still guarantee 20 goals a season...Ronaldo does lose focus and need to be reprimanded some time  to play his best but as far as replacing him..nah.... anyhow ...about Scotland... that is the man work and when he come to play for T&T he doh get sweat...what is the sense a man jeopradising his future for the bench? when he retire nobody not givin he family no money, no house, no car ..not one ting so he have what in his best interest and for that i can't blame him ... he right to say what he say and i int find he talk cocky or nothing....Go T&T

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 08:47:56 AM »

It doesn't really matter what he says.
What he does on the training pitch, on the field and how he conducts himself with team bizness is all that matter.

If he get bench cuz he too arrogant that just dotish....is athletes we talking about.
Yuh doh bench somebody cuz yuh doh like he head.
If he not training properly, showing up late or not performing then fine.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 01:37:47 PM »
He get bench cause he not as good as he thinks. He go just land and get put on team. He won't make my women's team so. Oh, sorry he not a woman....well wha all the chat bout den.... Come or doh come. Play or doh Play, if yuh think yuh slighted doh come, and start no talk...setta a talk for what? is jus ah always hearing the man mouth, and not seeing nuthen...is because ah hairstyle, is because ah  personal, is because ah cup, is because ah club...ah rather go with Phillips. in the same position...why ah doh see nobody scoring goal....so if Stern throw way, Sam in creating, this one outta form, that one have club issues, GOAL is Goal, none is none....so give meh somebody who busting the ass, and tryin to please, than somebody who go come and bitch,bitch....and ah still gettin nuthen....
ah dun say, the thing about the youth today is all about the "I & I", an the "I Man"...everybody bawlin "Jus do IT" and not doing it....If you is we best goal scorer, well score some f**kin goal  regular somewhere, whey ever yuh is nah...buh no iit does quietly go from I to Dem...and WE ent gettin sh*t...Anybody BeenE pick is equal opportunity it look like.

Yuh tink I does bother with talk....People could say wha dey want...if man want to here deyself talk go ahead knock yuhself out.....Wha Ronaldo and Scotland doing in the same paragraph, farless the same post...2nd.. even if yuh think Ronaldo is the best, yuh think Brazil have no more, Brazil have 1000's ready to collect past and score from 1000's of midfielders and defenders, right in Brazil, farless Brazilians outside Brazil... Football was never about the individual, and that is what makes it so unpredictable and beautiful...So if yuh talking bout Coach protecting job, right away yuh  jus hearing yuhself talk, cause it rarely pays as much as Club team coaching and less stress. It is only Countries where the soccer is relatively weak that Coaches make exceedingly much more money than the players. .. So like it might be finanicial worthwhile for a Leo to protect he job, but a Parriera, Sven, dem fellas could possibly make more money coach a club easy, and dey could get that club work, easier than the National Coaching wuk...
So why they take it...Love of the game, challenge, excitement...buh not for the benefits, the benefits is nuthen for the bacannal yuh have to deal with....
Buh me not no National Coach, so wha ah know...
Well we not living in Space, and we know Mars and Pluto exist

ok..ok.ah talking in tounges again ...buh know this, wha ah talk, ah could back up...

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 02:42:21 PM »
whatever maxg just say  ;D

1]; } ?>