March 28, 2024, 07:55:42 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report.....Thank you Latas....TT Plenty work to do still  (Read 16419 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
This the ting wit Stern if he do get ball straight for him he pushing to socre. Now the man have a killer shot when he on, but I wish Beenie should just try Cornell if he fit, to start with Kenwayne

somebody email Beenie dis tread ... i think if he bench Stern a little bit it might make him wonder .. and then he might sttart working harder ... beenie go try a ting in one of the games coming up ...

Benching Stern Jihn is out of the question, that WILL NOT happen. Beenie riding Stern all the way to Germany. Doh worry allyuh Stern go find he goal scoring feet just now.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
This the ting wit Stern if he do get ball straight for him he pushing to socre. Now the man have a killer shot when he on, but I wish Beenie should just try Cornell if he fit, to start with Kenwayne

somebody email Beenie dis tread ... i think if he bench Stern a little bit it might make him wonder .. and then he might sttart working harder ... beenie go try a ting in one of the games coming up ...

Benching Stern Jihn is out of the question, that WILL NOT happen. Beenie riding Stern all the way to Germany. Doh worry allyuh Stern go find he goal scoring feet just now.

what wrong with a strategic bench ... give kenwayne a shot ... we need 2 strikers on the field
Snake in de balliser

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
 ??? This thread like a time warp back to the "Post Gold Cup, pre Guatemala game" days, allyuh men cah be serious....

In Beenie i trust..
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hear nah ..when allyuh go f#ckin learn....???....allyuh start back this stern ting again......hear nah...leh me go and bade and go out yes
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find some fellas does lose patience too easily where Stern is concerned. Stern has proven himself time and time again and will prove himself time and time again. He WILL explode in the World Cup.

On another note...

Thanks for the match report Touches. On point as usual and making everybody feel like we all were there. :chilling:

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
i weas rell disappointed..i find our ball movement and distribution esp in the midfield was too slow man
i know this the style that beenhakker uses
but iz wayyy to slow for our kinda game...maybe for a europen team who posess great crossers of the ball etc.
but we are a caribbean team with a Caribbean flair..we need a short ball game like waht was seen with Peru....quick touches and quick movement
sadly to say..i not sure if daz beenie stye of play...but i think that style suits us best..rather than the slow balls and slow movement almost dead on the field..... :-\
ALL RESPECT BEENIE
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:14:04 AM by Warrior till death »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i weas rell disappointed..i find our ball movement and distribution esp in the midfield was too slow man
but iz wayyy to slow for our kinda game...maybe for a europen team who posess great crossers of the ball etc.
but we are a caribbean team with a Caribbean flair..we need a short ball game like waht was seen with Peru....quick touches and quick movement
sadly to say..i not sure if daz beenie stye of play...but i think that style suits us best..rather than the slow balls and slow movement almost dead on the field..... :-\
ALL RESPECT BEENIE
but sometimes i wonder if a south american coach would have best

European teams don't move the ball slowly.......some might argue that the European game is alot faster compared to other continents.......and let's face it, we don't really have alot of individual flair on our team either......

.....our game is slow by all standards....European, South American etc..........I think it will quicken with increased fitness, and better chemistry....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:28:25 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ALL RESPECT BEENIE

European teams don't move the ball slowly........our game is slow by al standards...European, South American......Global on the whole...

den what Beenie doin!?
i would tink he bring a european style to our game..cuz daz where he hails from....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ALL RESPECT BEENIE

European teams don't move the ball slowly........our game is slow by al standards...European, South American......Global on the whole...

den what Beenie doin!?
i would tink he bring a european style to our game..cuz daz where he hails from....

Not sure...but I'm pretty sure within the next month we'll see alot of improvement in the cohesion of the team...the fitness levels as well...which I think would add to a better all round team game (in terms of speed, chemistry imagination, sharpness & overal soundness)...at least I hope so...and I hope that's the plan.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline skillful

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Was it that an undermanned Peru cannot beat us, or is T&T at this level is still an average team?...........oh yeah,Stern John is still the best scorer we have ...even if Zamora came on board. There is a reason why he is our leading scorer.  GOOD TOUCH!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1) Once Stern fit, he WILL ALWAYS START. Let us pray that Glen gets healthy. Kenwyne does ok, but when he comes in as a sub.

2) The defense is our major concern, as it has been ever since....We have to cut out silly mistakes in the back. At WC level, them teams will punish us very badly. If we go in dey making chuppid mistakes, we can expect to be drubbed. We have time still, Beenie will work on it.

3) Is it just me, but anyone realise that T&T is a team that cannot attack against a team that has a set defense? No wonder we look so predictable and slow. But once we on the counter attack and running, we always dangerous. Sweden and England have some of the best defensive combinations in the world. When they set up, do we have a clue how to try to break them down? Do we have the patience to play possession football in the opposite half? Do we even have the quality to even attempt to try that? In my opinion, we hadda play all the 3 team in the WC against the run of play, of a very congested midfield and try to run at them in the last third.

4) Its certain now, Jack will start in Germany, once fit. Shaka is backup.

5) Colin Samuel wil have to start all 3 games. We need Evans Wise as cover, cause if Samuel get injured or suspended, we will have to resort to Latapy on the left, which is too slow and he not fit enough to take on them english wingbacks for a full game. Latas will be our 25 min sub to bring something special.

As far as I see our starting 11 vs Sweden:

Jack
Cyd
Dog & Lawrence
Avery
Carlos
Dwight and Birchall
Samuel
Stern and Glen/Jones

We have some decent depth in Sancho, Shaka, Latas, Theobald. Thats about it, we dont have 22-24 world class players, so Beenie have to use all of his wily skills and experience.
My main concern is the mistakes of the defense and our impotency in attack against set defenses.
Also we hadda take in consideration that Beenie may have been real experimenting with tactics and obviously doesnt want to give too much away with swedish, english and paraguay scouts in the stands.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:51:17 PM by Trini »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
our ball movement has always been slow, so I eh know why men suprised.  We seem to play a more 'safety-first' possession game with a  deliberate focus on not losing the ball foolishly. The focus also seems to be on maintaining shape and packing a 5-man midfield so we could more easily apply pressure and win the ball back in the midfield when we lose it. We probably going to need a dense midfield in the WC against technically stronger, faster players.

To play a faster one and two touch game in attack, you need extremely fit, mobile players with fine technique. You also need players with individual speed and good chemistry. We will improve, but we will not be a quick, slick passing team in the WC..not against the caliber of opponents we are going to face. We will focus on defensive discipline and stability... a compact and hard working midfield with individual speed and skill coming from one or two players (particulalry out wide)...with a lone forward foraging for scraps. Whitley, York and Birchall will take turns helping out in attack with 1 always staying slightly back. Avery and Cyd will hardly leave home and will focus on defensive duties.Tactics will change as games progress, but with the limited talent in our team, where we really have looked good at times is our organization and team spirit, and some moments of individual brilliance from the 4 or 5 more gifted players on the team. Stern finding form is the final piece of the puzzle and is a must...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:58:03 PM by Filho »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
our ball movement has always been slow, so I eh know why men suprised.  We seem to play a more 'safety-first' possession game with a  deliberate focus on not losing the ball foolishly. The focus also seems to be on maintaining shape and packing a 5-man midfield so we could more easily apply pressure and win the ball back in the midfield when we lose it. We probably going to need a dense midfield in the WC against technically stronger, faster players.

To play a faster one and two touch game in attack, you need extremely fit, mobile players with fine technique. You also need players with individual speed and good chemistry. We will improve, but we will not be a quick, slick passing team in the WC..not against the caliber of opponents we are going to face. We will focus on defensive discipline and stability... a compact and hard working midfield with individual speed and skill coming from one or two players (particulalry out wide)...with a lone forward foraging for scraps. Whitley, York and Birchall will take turns helping out in attack with 1 always staying slightly back. Avery and Cyd will hardly leave home and will focus on defensive duties.Tactics will change as games progress, but with the limited talent in our team, where we really have looked good at times is our organization and team spirit, and some moments of individual brilliance from the 4 or 5 more gifted players on the team. Stern finding form is the final piece of the puzzle and is a must...

Yes Filho.... exactly dat... I find this is very plain to see and I cyah believe men could see otherwise  ???

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
ALL RESPECT BEENIE

You was listening I95.5 right? ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ALL RESPECT BEENIE
i kno u eh serius
dis man wa question beenie now afta all he do for we
well bredda no comment na

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We play slow for one reason:
WE CANNOT PLAY ANY FASTER RIGHT NOW!

Having said that, I thought that our speed was okay for periods during the iceland game. I admit this is probably because Iceland was a very weak side.
Beenie knows he has to pack the midfield to protect the defenders cuz our defenders will be exposed by quicker, more athletic forwards.

Ppl who are concerned about our attack and production in the final third; look at most of our goals in the qualifiers.
They either resulted from a scrap or a bullet from way outside. We hardly if ever create a goal bringin the ball from the defense and passing it all the way to the front in some sort of constructive play. In all honesty you hardly see many teams in football today do that.
(Arsenal and Barca are two exceptions that spring to mind)
It is c lear to me that Beenie's plan is to maintain possession as long as possible to prevent the opposition from attacking us, while hoping to strike from a quick counter or  set piece.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ALL RESPECT BEENIE

You was listening I95.5 right? ::)
???

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks touches! I couldn't make it so I value your insight and wonderful reporting!

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
I sit next to dis man for d game, no pen, paper, recorder no nothin and yuh still manage to write a detailed match report like dis....U IZ A BOSS FOR REAL,  Thanks man!!!!

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
The goal that scored by Peru was simply a piece of shit mistake by three players...Cyd, Sancho and Jack....I will not fault Whitley too much because even though he lost the ball there was ample time to clean up.

Ball is lost by Whitley...bounces from a header and a Peru player hits Cyd a cyap near the corner flag. Cyd kinda recovers but he is left out as the fwd heads the ball past him and runs around his body. Sancho full of gusto rushes in......only to swipe Fresh Breeze and is easily skipped past. Jack then charges out the goal dives at the player and misses totally. The result....Peru Man walks into a empty net and Tallest scrambling as he was marking some players inside the area.

thanks for the report it near accurate and good for someone who just watch it from the stands... but u see this... it getting me annoyed... it was sancho marking the man and cyd who run up like a madman and header it the wrong way when sancho was clear to header it upfield... sorry iz just that somebody say the same thing yesterday and it get on my nerves... lol :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
No scene,

If there are any corrections ..... I sorry I just trying a ting.

I observed the Peru goal from the opposite corner flag so I wasnt near the action and I doe have the benefit of a TV replay or a commentator from the radio....is a off the fly ting nah....if it is not 100% accurate my apologies.

Thats how I saw it from my angle.

And well with festivities going on...alcho in abundance and Girl warrior pelting waist!

I sure yuh could understand the slip up.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:16:25 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
For the men who doh let an opportunity go by to slam Cyd, check this. The player behind usually guides you. If what is described is correct, then it's reasonable to assume that he received no information/ instruction from the covering player - Brent, so he had to challenge for the ball. Would you not expect that particularly in the defensive third ??? Stay up, Touches!
Live large and prosper!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
The TTFF should have done something like this for Latas

That is very cool but they would have to cut a stencil big enough, out of some kind of wood or plexi glass lay it on the grass for a few days and keep watering the open areas.

Can't see them doing that
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:32:00 AM by grskywalker »

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
1) Once Stern fit, he WILL ALWAYS START. Let us pray that Glen gets healthy. Kenwyne does ok, but when he comes in as a sub.

2) The defense is our major concern, as it has been ever since....We have to cut out silly mistakes in the back. At WC level, them teams will punish us very badly. If we go in dey making chuppid mistakes, we can expect to be drubbed. We have time still, Beenie will work on it.

3) Is it just me, but anyone realise that T&T is a team that cannot attack against a team that has a set defense? No wonder we look so predictable and slow. But once we on the counter attack and running, we always dangerous. Sweden and England have some of the best defensive combinations in the world. When they set up, do we have a clue how to try to break them down? Do we have the patience to play possession football in the opposite half? Do we even have the quality to even attempt to try that? In my opinion, we hadda play all the 3 team in the WC against the run of play, of a very congested midfield and try to run at them in the last third.

4) Its certain now, Jack will start in Germany, once fit. Shaka is backup.

5) Colin Samuel wil have to start all 3 games. We need Evans Wise as cover, cause if Samuel get injured or suspended, we will have to resort to Latapy on the left, which is too slow and he not fit enough to take on them english wingbacks for a full game. Latas will be our 25 min sub to bring something special.

As far as I see our starting 11 vs Sweden:

Jack
Cyd
Dog & Lawrence
Avery
Carlos
Dwight and Birchall
Samuel
Stern and Glen/Jones

We have some decent depth in Sancho, Shaka, Latas, Theobald. Thats about it, we dont have 22-24 world class players, so Beenie have to use all of his wily skills and experience.
My main concern is the mistakes of the defense and our impotency in attack against set defenses.
Also we hadda take in consideration that Beenie may have been real experimenting with tactics and obviously doesnt want to give too much away with swedish, english and paraguay scouts in the stands.

One question ... where is Whitley ... noway we can play without Whiley and Birchall togeher in the middle ... bench Stren .. Scotland and hopefully a fit Glen up front
Snake in de balliser

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trust me Stern really have a track record dat guh keep him starting, he does stand up and wait for the ball like dem big strikers, the problem is he aint no big striker so what we guh have to do is let a man play off him, start Kenwyne. The problem is then we guh have to sacrifice a midfielder, for me it would be latas, but then i want Samuel to start in he place and i think he will too. Yorke is the key if he advances and link up with Stern more, it might solve the problem, but then who guh marshall the midfield. Ok i get it now Whitley is the man to advance he could play behind Stern make some sweet link up plays or wallop some  shots around de box. Other than that i think we should rest Carlos and let Spann sweat, his deliveries much better, Carlos does play crowd football he does wanna beat man over and over and still cross tata, bench him or drill him on his deliveries.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Well Boy Touches, having attended the game on Wednesday and left home last night, ah no longer have to guess if yuh capturing the football in an unbiased manner or if yuh forget anything.  Yuh is boss.  Did not find that the game was anything special to report on but I sort of expected this sort of performance.  Was great to be a part of Russell's last game at home, having attended his first in the stadium for the Under 14 Tournament.

Really sad that I missed out on hanging with the Warrior Nation, I was over in the covered stands.  The only person I saw was Small Mag (home boy was a little taller than I expected).  Hopefullly the lime will be on in Germany.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Trust me Stern really have a track record dat guh keep him starting, he does stand up and wait for the ball like dem big strikers, the problem is he aint no big striker so what we guh have to do is let a man play off him, start Kenwyne. The problem is then we guh have to sacrifice a midfielder, for me it would be latas, but then i want Samuel to start in he place and i think he will too. Yorke is the key if he advances and link up with Stern more, it might solve the problem, but then who guh marshall the midfield. Ok i get it now Whitley is the man to advance he could play behind Stern make some sweet link up plays or wallop some  shots around de box. Other than that i think we should rest Carlos and let Spann sweat, his deliveries much better, Carlos does play crowd football he does wanna beat man over and over and still cross tata, bench him or drill him on his deliveries.

don't forget Jason Scotland ... i tell yuh he go score more goal in germany dan stern
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>