March 28, 2024, 12:41:45 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report.....Thank you Latas....TT Plenty work to do still  (Read 16422 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Dear Forumites,

Let us just say this was a training exercise that showed our strengths and weaknesses. The Warriors were lackluster but the mood and vibe in the stands especially after unveiling the Giant Flag more than made up for the performance on the field. I must start with this 60 x 30 Flag......Thank you Warrior Nation for bringing this to the Citizens of T&T, the players on the field and for the world to see come next month in Germany.

When I tell you excitment, we look like the Bernabeau, We look like one of them big side....we look like real fans and it was real fun. If you see the excitment and joy in big grown adult faces, standing and lifting that flag. It was simply priceless!

Now I left work and by extension home a bit later than expected and  headed down to the game around 4pm.
Clad in my new Adidas Latapy jersey I stepped out onto Saddle Road Maraval and eagerly awaited a taxi to drop me near to the Stadium.

It is then I realised how this country has changed......Imagine full cars filled with T&T fans, blowing horns and cheering me on for wearing a Latapy jersey, sending right and giving me thumbs up signs and yet...not one of them would stop to offer me a drop.... I couldn't get a ride in a pick-up tray self.....its not to say I was smelling bad...and I dont consider myself a bad or intimidating looking fella. But anyway to make a long story short you musn't pass fellow SocaWarrior fans in the road when you going to the same place.

Now after meeting Disgruntled Trini on Arapita Ave....we started to stroll into the stadium. Apparently tickets were being scalped for the mere price of $100-$150 dollars outside and if anybody really wanted to go $$$ was not that much of a problem.

There was plenty eye-food upon entering the stadium and entry was painless and hassel free.

Lines were non-existant and the atmosphere was extremely festive. The area by St Johns ambulance had two rows of people checking tickets and bags, but I walked through with ease. To the left was a group of people beating pan and iron. A set of Bmobile confetti flying in the air. The Warrior Village selling merchandise to the right. Busta with paraphanelia to the left. Hawkers trying to peddle the World Cup books and match programs and then there were the freebies..........yes they handed out Warrior Nation car banners, flyers, books/magazines, bmobile Tshirts and finally Clico gave out some rattles.

After using the bmobile service I found Oconnorg at the back of a line with a pressure look on his face but we quickly entered the stadium with no pushing, no hassel and all within 5 minutes.......Good job Stadium organizers.

The only drawback was the stench of Horse Manure....why they bring these animals to football? Geez man...they serve no purpose.

Anyway walked in and the Warrior Nation set up camp on the corner flag.

All and sundry were "primed up" since the shakers lime and everyone was in good spirits, Girl Warrior, Cowen, Andre, Tallman, Freakazoid, Jefferz, Brej, Kandi TT, Met little Jodie P, Reaper2000 and lastly TI and Hardest were there together liming as good bretherins should....all who had doubts about TI and if he was legit, yes he and Hardest are really good partners.

The flag served a dual purpose as it helped mark off a section of seats....The QRC brass band was on the side, everyone had their rattles in hand and we just rock back and waited for the game to start.

Two chutney performances, a Colin Lucas and Sherwayne Winchester later the teams came out on the field.

By then it was around 5:15 and I found the T&T team looked a bit disappointed at the turn out at that time....The Stadium was only half full but it was still early and by kick off time I would estimate 18-20,000 people came to give Latas his farewell.

T&T warmed up in the area near movietown...keeper Jack and Ince doing their thing with brow, the rest of the team doing a positional warm up. With each man in his position on the field doing specific exercises and warm ups....e.g The wing men were doing shuttles up and down the flank. Center men were doing lateral shuffles in a area while interchanging passes. The attacking midfielders were spreading long balls and the fwds were playing a small touch passing game.

In the keeper warm up I was sure Ince was starting as Brow was working feverishly with him, while Jack was just jogging slowly in a line. The funny thing is Jack has a visible limp and looks to be in some sort of discomfort when running...the injury looks like the right knee. Anyway Jack also didn't look too hot as compared to Ince in the Warm up.

The Peruvians had a circle warm up doing shuttles, stretches etc.

After the teams came back out we listened to the Peru anthem...unfurled the flag for the second time...but we get the shake...WI anthem start to play and the WHOLE stadium was confused....then we stood proud and sang our lungs out while standing under the Giant flag.

The Starting line up was a 4-5-1 as follows.

----------------------Jack

Cyd-----Sancho----Lawrence------Avery

Edwards----Birchall---------Whitley-----Latapy

-------------------------Yorke

-------------------------Stern

Opening 5 min Total T&T and we are on the attack. Latapy sets up John who taps down the ball and the Magician lets fly a bullet from the top of the box. Really I thought he should have scored. After that Peru settled and the play was more or less even.

Stern thru away a sitter, a floating ball coming in and unmarked he misheads the ball in the six yard box.

The next glaring sitter/miss was a corner that Sancho unmarked hit overbar.

Apart from that the only other exciting things of the half was a roly poly by Whitley.

A run thru and slap by Whitley from 30 yards out causing the keeper to save.

And a Chain up free kick cross that Latapy hit expertly........... swerving and catching the goalie by surprise. It was eventually cleared off the line by a defender with the goalie haplessly beaten.

Other than that we have No attack...nuttin penetrative, very unimaginative and very predicatable.

It was like the Grenada game, move up the ball via the wing back, reach half line, switch the play and then hope for the best. There is No movement off the ball and we are very stagnant.

Also the players were not supporting each other well and many simple plays were shut down.

Latapy did not do that much on the left wing and was a threat when he moved to the center but a gap was created as there was no left midfielder causing pressure on Avery. Hence he did not venture fwd, provide an overlap or any kinda outlet.

The goal that scored by Peru was simply a piece of shit mistake by three players...Cyd, Sancho and Jack....I will not fault Whitley too much because even though he lost the ball there was ample time to clean up.

Ball is lost by Whitley...bounces from a header and a Peru player hits Cyd a cyap near the corner flag. Cyd kinda recovers but he is left out as the fwd heads the ball past him and runs around his body. Sancho full of gusto rushes in......only to swipe Fresh Breeze and is easily skipped past. Jack then charges out the goal dives at the player and misses totally. The result....Peru Man walks into a empty net and Tallest scrambling as he was marking some players inside the area.

Spirits drop but we in the stands try to drum up support.

Then Beenie switched to a 4-4-2. Putting WHitley Left midfield and Latapy up front with Stern.

For the Stern haters.....he purge, not one of his better games, threw away and just didn't look the part tonight.

Three minutes before half time Latapy was subbed to a standing ovation and he made a lap of honour, his replacement for a corbeaux sweat Collin Samuel.

Tweet.......... went the half and down I went to the toilet to break the seal.

Upon the resumption

Stern was subbed for Jones, Scotland for Yorke, Theobold for Birchall, Spann for Cyd and Cox for Sancho.

Forumites, Samuel have pace and speed but the final quality cross or touch just ent there. Scotland looked lively and Jones was just trouble.

I said it vs Alianza Lima and I will say it again....Jones is needed up front and we should partner him with Yorke..... Bench Stern !!! the 4-5-1 not cuttin it at this level.

Peru didn't threaten and I think all credit should be on the midfield which closed down spaces and won tackles effectively.

Honestly we didn't look bad, but we didn't look good and we need to be more imaginative in attack...faster...more pace and less slow and telegraphed.

Possession was good but we did nothing with it. We didn't create anything and when we finally got a momentum with Jones or Scotland the final cross would let us down.

I dont think Marvin Dog Andrews played...Cox was alright, Sancho made a mistake that cost us a goal but was ok nuttin special, Cyd hrrmmm, Avery so so. Carlos was poor. Dennis Tallest Lawrence was good, Yorke was labouring tonight, Latapy look weary, Birchall was quiet but he did the donkey work effectively. The only person who look like they had some purpose and Hungry was Whitley...That man will be the star of our World Cup watch and see. Stern...poor, Latapy average, Jones good, Scotland good, Theobold nuttin special.

The T&T goal came when Samuel burst tru...setta speed and was fouled. Up came Kenwyne who let fly from 30 yards a ground that either curved or passed under the wall...low and hard stringing up the keeper.

After that the game petered out and just slow possession and stroking the ball around the park. We were encouraged to stay on after the final whistle and the players were given medals while we were treated to a fireworks display.

Yeah so that's it for this one...just a step up from the Grenada game, we keeping possession well but we not doing anything with it.

We conceded a goal from a stupid mistake and we did not capitalise on our chances.

Also Jack was forced to make a big save on a few occasions when Peru sprint past Sancho and Lawrence and hit a low shot.

But at the end of the day.....is the Warriors we went to see. Nuttin stood out in the game to say T&T or Peru was better than each other and we have plenty work to do.

We not beating nobody come June with a display like what we put out tonight and I hope in the subsequent games we step up a lil more as a unit.

Until next time....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:34:30 AM by Flex »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Thanks as usual bro.  About how much people so was in de WN zone?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
We didnt really have a WN zone...Ask Tallman and Oconnorg what happen.

SO it was just all the forumites and friends...I would estimate about 30 of us in a section mingling with the rest of the crowd.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
like I tell all yuh in the Stadium

Stern "No Way In Hell" John

Andre
Cowen
Tallman
TrueTrini

if all yuh still want to back that man after that shit today all yuh have no conscience
and I know to myself all yuh see what I was talking bout all the time

the man does play lackluster have no shot and like I tell all yuh on Sunday that post up and lay off not working for him as evidence by todays play

Jones come on and change the whole game taking the ball and running
he have speed and skill and he have a wicked outside shot

but
Stern is all yuh hero
I sure in he in Zen grinning he pan as I type no worries in the world cause Russel and Dwight go beg for him as usual

Més que un club.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Yeah Touches ah relly believe Whitley is de BOSS too....anyway thanks fuh de report..Respec!!!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Thank you Touches.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goofy why yuh doh post when Stern score?

Thanks for the report Touches.

Rangers organize long time for Marvin Andrews to stay with them for some game or the other.  Leo say dat long time.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
thanks touches as usual it was a good report

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
i for one really rate kenwyn..i tink he has a lot of potetial...these were my words since he was playing in  north zone for st.anthony's. but  having said that i will never really write of stern cause his track record is proven..an the man scores wen it really matters.i remember b4 d gautemala game..i was hell bent on benchin stern...den he scored the 2 crucial goals...an my foot was in my mouth..after dat i say leave him be!!

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

rate up kenwyne big time too

nice report

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We don't need Beenie...we need Wise!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 02:17:58 AM »
Under all the old talk, Beenie is not going to lace up his boots and run the left wing in Germany.
If he doesn't pick Wise we have no chance of beating anyone so what is the point of paying his big salary?  If Beenie doesn't Wise up he needs to be let go.  Saudi Arabia could vouch for that.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Benhakker leaves the field after a friendly match against Peru, in Port-of -Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Wednesday, May 10, 2006. The match ended in a draw.Trinidad's team had already qualified for this summers World Cup in Germany. ..(AP Photo/Shirley Bahadur).

Trinidad and Tobago's Collins Samuel (12) attacks A Peru DEFENDER during a friendly match held in Port-of -Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Wednesday, May 10, 2006. The match ended in a draw. Trinidad's team had already qualified for this summers World Cup in Germany. ..(AP Photo/Shirley Bahadur).

Trinidad and Tobago Captain Dwight York (19) faces Peru's Miguel Angel Vallalta (2) while Dennis Lawrence of Trinidad and Tobago looks on during a friendly match held in Port-of -Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Wednesday, May 10, 2006. Trinidad's team had already qualified for this summer's World Cup in Germany. ..(AP Photo/Shirley Bahadur).

Cyd Gray of Trinidad and Tobago, middle, tackles Peru's George Patrick Forsyth, left, as Paulo Rinaldo Cruzado of Peru looks on during a friendly match held in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Wednesday, May 10, 2006. Trinidad's team had already qualified for this summers World Cup in Germany. ..(AP Photo/Shirley Bahadur).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Technical Director's view after the First game against Bahrain is that the players do not gell when they return for a game after a lay off. When they stay together for a while. then the chemistry starts to kick in. His view prior to the 2nd game against Bahrain.
 Let us hope that now that they will live together , we will see an improvement in the next game.
 Congrats and best wishes.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
it was a traing game
what did you expect?
6-0?

Im from holland and we have NEVER played a good traing game

i think beenhakker has seen things that he can train on now,thanks to this match.

and the training is nessesary because the tjechie match is coming!

expect a loss (hate to say it)

i expect a lot off negativeness on this site then,people who critisise beenhakker and the defence.

i think a lot of people here think t&t is on top of the world....but...
this is only the beginning!
finally t&t can play against the big nations and be part of the grand circus
life to learn and be there again in 4 years,that would be a great acomplisement.

but the people thinkin that t&t will survive the first round in 2006 are NOT realistic

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
thanx touches... Good report as usual...
Remember world cup is less than a month away... I am sure players not putting 100% in de game for fear of injury...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
This team hasn't been together since Feb and we are in May, I also prefer we lose now and not when the World Cup begins. Things can only get better once our tour/camp starts, lets have some faith guys, maybe the team was instructed to try certain things and not just look for a result. I am sure it was a very emotional day for players who may not play in T&T again (Latapy, Yorke, Lawrence, Cox, John, Gray, Avery and Jack), not to mention after the world cup we may not see many of the foriegn based players until the next qualifiers starts back (2008)... so you can expect some dis-comfort to a point.

And Touches, thanx for the report, concerning T&T's performance, their is always room for improvement. For the least, I believe Wise should be called into camp, we need some depth on the left side.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 06:32:00 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
where would wise b playing?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
its obvious tnt is playing to a plan. where we are going to hold  d ball in midfield and not rush the game but wait for the oppsition to come to us or wait for holes to open up. this would definitely b more effective againnstt  the bigger squads who think we are walk overs. in the 1st half we walked tha ball right up to the peru 18 yard resulting in a birchall shot. that was certainly a positive. we have shown now more than ever b4 when we are down we are not out. and i believe teams will have to play very good against us to score more than 2 goals aginst us. the defense of the whole team is greatly improved
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
touches, yuh match report was decent there, BUH D GOAL WAS NOT A MISTAKE BY SANCHO, IT WAS CYD GRAY WHO RUN IN LIKE A MADMAN AND BUTT WAY D BALL FROM SANCHO WHEN HE CLEARLY WAS GONNA WIN D BALL LEAVING SANCHO AND JACK COMPLETELY HELPLESS.... i eh go lie tho Stern john rel was out of this game, Carlos rel didn't play dat good either... AND CYD GRAY WAS REL SUSPECT THIS GAME HE SHUD GO BACK TO WEARING #24 CUZ HE REL BALLZ DOWN IN DA #8.....

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
thanks for the report touches......excellent stuff  :beermug:

i continued watching the post game interviews on pointalive.com,  latapy did say that it was an emotional game for him.

LATAPY
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
good report Touches thank U. All things considered Beenie now has an idea where he needs to start work. So lets say fete done, back to wok on serious preparation. Two weeks of some very serious fitness work and team understanding and balance.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Touches thanks for the report, All hats off to Latas for all the beautiful football he played over the years. Yes people we have alot of work to do I have always taught  our defence ito be  very weak we have no real sweeper who can really the game and organise the defence. The coach may have to really scarfice and go with a 5 3 2 system for the simple fact we need latas in the middle for his creative genius, as good as yorke has been in the middle we have no choice but to move him up front with either jones or stern, yorke is our micheal jordan he will get the attention and call from the ref that our other players will not get plus he will draw the attention of the defence so the other foward can operate more freely just my take on things

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
As per usual thanks for the  A class report.

People who saw the game  'live' which player do you think is on the bubble?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:32:24 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
I think we should play either a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2. Anyway as I said in another post we should wait to see the progression over the next month. We will be training more playing more without league, or club concerns. This is what has been missing and I think it would be the final factor that would make this team gell and be a force to be reckoned with.

BUT LORD I PRAYING FOR WE DEFENSE!!!! GEEEZ WE NEED SOME MIRACLES IN THAT AREA. THEM TEAMS GO BE BLAZING PAST JOHN AND GRAY
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:36:04 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well said observer......alberta...the players on the bubble obviously did not play.....wolffe...charles and roughier....and well with glenn injured...but he looked in great spirits
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Thanks Big M.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
any1 who is suggesting a change in formation rating our team a bit too high and not seeing what beenie plan is. ah keeping it real. if we are chasing the game (like in bahrain)then 4-4-2 other than that we try to controll the midfield and contol the game waiting 4 gaps to open up. whether u like it or not ,that seems to me the way beenie is approaching it.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well done touches is nice

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Well done Touches!!

ah love it!!

i now reach home from work last night, pressure!!

Mr. Disgruntled Trini, yuh right about Stern, he should be on de bench!!

Kenwyne play de kinda game that should make him a starter!!

We looked so much better when samuel and jones were on the field!!

ah love it!!

i think we should be playing 4-4-2
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>