March 28, 2024, 11:22:07 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report.....Thank you Latas....TT Plenty work to do still  (Read 16421 times)

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done Touches!!

ah love it!!

i now reach home from work last night, pressure!!

Mr. Disgruntled Trini, yuh right about Stern, he should be on de bench!!

Kenwyne play de kinda game that should make him a starter!!

We looked so much better when samuel and jones were on the field!!

ah love it!!

i think we should be playing 4-4-2
ah fine alya rel quick to turn yuh back on stern
yeah he had a bad game but no one plays well all de time
he is a proven goal scorer just ended the season in fine form for coventry
lead us in scoring in qualifying
pretty much saved us against guatemala and mexico
and jus so alya wa throw de man on de bench

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
I would have likedto have seen Rougier in the role of the sweeper
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 08:15:24 AM »
I'm still concerned bout the defense Sancho gives you a good game for 89mins but is always involved with goals against us some kinda mistake Ive oserved this even with his club at times . But I still prefer him to  tallest

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Brej,

i am a stern fan, but i am willing to call a spade a spade.  I am not as extreme as Disgruntled Trini, but i can tell u that what i saw of Kenwyne is enough to tell me that Stern's pick in the starting X1 should not be automatic!!

We must be carefull that we dont turn stern into Raul from Real Madrid, ie keeping him on de team based on past exploits!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fellas I said this before and will say it again.
The fact that Stern gets chances....(even if he throws them away)....is a skill within itself.
He gets more chances than anyone else on our team and I think that is a testament to his positional play and awareness.
He is a necessity and Beenie, Dwigt and Latas know that.
Having said that, I get just as frustrated when he squanders opportunities.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks Touches, good report as usual. Hopefully some day I'll be able to join you guys
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brej,

i am a stern fan, but i am willing to call a spade a spade.  I am not as extreme as Disgruntled Trini, but i can tell u that what i saw of Kenwyne is enough to tell me that Stern's pick in the starting X1 should not be automatic!!

We must be carefull that we dont turn stern into Raul from Real Madrid, ie keeping him on de team based on past exploits!!

ah love it!!
well yuh mus remember da beenie man used to coach madrid
but to be honest i didnt see much from kenwyne, congrats to him he took a well taken goal, but  he was lucky it managed to find its way through the wall. Also other than that goal he made little impact he throw away a sitter made a few good runs but nothing indicating that he deserves a starting place on the side. At least not infront of stern maybe with him as we did in bahrain.

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Y is it everytime stern have a bad game, men on this forum does call for him to be benched????? d fact of the matter is stern is clearly our number one striker and its gonna remain that way until someone else steps up. i rate scotland and jones but they're not on stern's level just yet. so please give the d talk about benching stern a break. thanks

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks for a great report Touches!!! 

I agree that it wasn't the best performance by the Soca Warriors but Beenie knows what he is doing.  He is getting the team to play more possession football.  Let us face it for years Trinidad has always played exciting attacking football...that is our style.  However, our agressive attacking style has not been able to hold up to international standards as we play as group of individuals, not a TEAM.  Now, beenie is introducing us to Total Football as it is played in Holland.
We have guys who can always score goals....(Stern, Kenwyne, Yorke, Latapy, Scotland, Glenn)....All Beenie is doing now is introducing DISCIPLINE to the team so when they get to Germany they will have composure against the top teams in the world.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
it was a traing game
what did you expect?
6-0?

Im from holland and we have NEVER played a good traing game

i think beenhakker has seen things that he can train on now,thanks to this match.

and the training is nessesary because the tjechie match is coming!

expect a loss (hate to say it)

i expect a lot off negativeness on this site then,people who critisise beenhakker and the defence.

i think a lot of people here think t&t is on top of the world....but...
this is only the beginning!
finally t&t can play against the big nations and be part of the grand circus
life to learn and be there again in 4 years,that would be a great acomplisement.

but the people thinkin that t&t will survive the first round in 2006 are NOT realistic

Remember Senegal!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Touches you better than them jokers who write in the papers. The fellas from my observation always play better away from home. So I look forward to the guys working hard in camp and come June 10th I will be happy like pappy when we take the field in Germany and scream when I see that WN flag.

Beenie over to you.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done Touches!!

ah love it!!

i now reach home from work last night, pressure!!

Mr. Disgruntled Trini, yuh right about Stern, he should be on de bench!!

Kenwyne play de kinda game that should make him a starter!!

We looked so much better when samuel and jones were on the field!!

ah love it!!

i think we should be playing 4-4-2

alyuh trinis funny eh, other than score d freekick what did kenwayne jones do, miss a sitter and run in spaces which in most cases were not dangerous and he never really eluded his marker, is he exciting yes, is he better opinoon for stiker than stern no!!!! he is stil incomplete, alyuh does get 2 caught up in d flam, beenehakker tried out stuff yday off course the team was not going to play at it's beat is a warm up game not crucia group stage match, shit man...
buh we really need 2 be playing 2 strikers, it's gonna be very easy for england and sweden to mark stern or anyone out of  d game with one up front...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
like I tell all yuh in the Stadium

Stern "No Way In Hell" John

Andre
Cowen
Tallman
TrueTrini

if all yuh still want to back that man after that shit today all yuh have no conscience
and I know to myself all yuh see what I was talking bout all the time

the man does play lackluster have no shot and like I tell all yuh on Sunday that post up and lay off not working for him as evidence by todays play

Jones come on and change the whole game taking the ball and running
he have speed and skill and he have a wicked outside shot

but
Stern is all yuh hero
I sure in he in Zen grinning he pan as I type no worries in the world cause Russel and Dwight go beg for him as usual

:rotfl:  like yuh see he, Yorke and Latas on Triniscene.com  They were out liming.  I know they are professional, but dem fellas does lime too much when they come home for games.  After the game is OK, but they must try to keep a low profile before games.  The nostalgia of being home does get to men.  I think we will be more focused when we get away from the fanfare and buckle down to the camps in Europe.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
big up forumites

i was reallll sick in da game i drank a bummy supligen the night before and it had meh sick badd

i see d flag in it original spot nexting i kno soca playing and my flag jumpin up inm front by d 18yrad box

i was too sick to seek out members but yuh kno how it is

big up all who was dey points of note

silviospann reallllllllllllllllllllllllllll slow down d game

as stern biggest supporter if he dont get d ball he dont do much we have seen this from since the beginning of the hex so this is nuttin new

i cant believe when i score d chances we say he is d best wen he play lala we say bench him

statring line up for world cup should alternate between bahrain match and iceland match

big up 60ft flag men
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Lets not breat up on stern

he can only do well when he gets good service. he misses 2 and scores 2 and thats good enough. What we should be concentrating on is the pull stones on the team. Take Theobald for instance never really contributed positively to the team and is still there (unlike stern) WISE is needed we need creativity as is we are stagnant and not penetrating!!! My line up

Stern    Jones

Latapy

Wise        Whittley         Yorke                 Edwards

Avery       Lawerence         Sancho

Jack

Samuel for wise Sub
Latas off = Yorke move up put birchall
Scotaland on = take off jones or stern
Defence= bring on dog or extra defender if we are 2 on top

There is no room for theobald on this team, he has made no impact in his career club or county that is why he is out of a job at present. he needs work and confidence we cannot accept that for the world cup but i think he deserves a free flight because he has been there from the begining

What do you think!!!!

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile

he can only do well when he gets good service. he misses 2 and scores 2 and thats good enough. What we should be concentrating on is the pull stones on the team. Take Theobald for instance never really contributed positively to the team and is still there (unlike stern) WISE is needed we need creativity as is we are stagnant and not penetrating!!! My line up

Stern    Jones

Latapy

Wise        Whittley         Yorke                 Edwards

Avery       Lawerence         Sancho

Jack

Samuel for wise Sub

There is no room for theobald on this team, he has made no impact in his career club or county that is why he is out of a job at present. he needs work and confidence we cannot accept that for the world cup but i think he deserves a free flight because he has been there from the begining

What do you think!!!!

Interesting line up ... but don't you think its a bit dangerous to play Latas and Yorke together in the early stages of a WC match.  I think either / or but not both.  There experience will be neccessay later on in games.  Birchall and Whitley are forming a good partnership in the middle.  The question is wheter our fowards are hungry enough to shake off the ball to foot attitude and put in extra work.  I think Scotland annd Stren up front.
Snake in de balliser

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
thanks for the report Touches...

The summary of the game on big soccer seemed to imply that Jack was the difference between us drawing and losing that match...according to them "Peru was the brighter of the two sides".........and their report talks about 3 point blank saves....I'll stay optimistic and stick with d Touches report though...

Nevertheless it sounds like Jack made a big claim last night for a start in Germany....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeah i thought he made a big claim for it last night
but its hard to say no to a FA cup champion goalkeeper (presuming west ham win)

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Kappy i hear yuh good suggestions too

i'll can bean and see if there are still any tech directors jobs still open

my biggest concern is to send our best 23 and man i think wise deserves a chance he is willing to take it to the opposition, theobald is not, this last game was the same, as any defence gives him the ball he passes it back to them or looks for the quickest short pass left or right he plays with no real intension no BIG PASSION . on several occasions he found him self with the ball just outside the box with no body on him, i was screaming take it to them theo but no no shot no advancing play even if he hit over bar and wide it would sugest that he had some level of confidence for crying out lord its a friendly!!!!!!!that we need with wise in we have more creative options for whittley latas and york in the middle of the park and the hardest working man birchall there by making more room for creativity on the flanks for carlos and wise

colin samuel is good but he has to think more of a midfield role not fwd he runs with no real intension (which is good some times so does jones) but you gotta figure out how to deliver the ball to the lads in the middle

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

my biggest concern is to send our best 23 and man i think wise deserves a chance he is willing to take it to the opposition, theobald is not, this last game was the same, as any defence gives him the ball he passes it back to them or looks for the quickest short pass left or right he plays with no real intension no BIG PASSION . on several occasions he found him self with the ball just outside the box with no body on him, i was screaming take it to them theo but no no shot no advancing play even if he hit over bar and wide it would sugest that he had some level of confidence for crying out lord its a friendly!!!!!!!that we need with wise in we have more creative options for whittley latas and york in the middle of the park and the hardest working man birchall there by making more room for creativity on the flanks for carlos and wise

colin samuel is good but he has to think more of a midfield role not fwd he runs with no real intension (which is good some times so does jones) but you gotta figure out how to deliver the ball to the lads in the middle

Mock de Dread next tech dir at TTFF with Latas as head coach ...

I don't believe in the training game thing ... winning builds confidence ... as far a Theo i agree he needs to shot more often ... i didn't count but it seemd that Whitley had a lot of shots just outside the box ... the thing is the team needs to work on the passion part of the game ... thats why they should approach each and every game not aas a practice game but one we want to win reguardless of the team that is put together ... at times they seem not to have a fire in the belly ... who knows as the WC approaches then maybe ... i have always been a supporter of Wise ... i think he can make a major difference in the composition of the team ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If Beenie was to take on the advice of men on this forum, well boy....trouble !!!

All in all, I find the game was nice.  The media was bigging up the game as a 'farewell-to-the-boys' game from the very start.  It appears as though the public buy that line too.  I not too sure if that is how the players or Beenie saw it though.  Ah know plenty head woulda be hurting this morning is we had lost the game.

One thing I could say is that it could be a strategy of starting Stern and then bringing on Jones / Samuel / Glen, because the pace dem fellas does be running with, it would be hard to sustain that level of intensity for 90 mins.  The other thing is that when you bring on a pace man like dem when the defenders legs done weary, their style of play would make them more effective...just my opinion...me eh no coach.

I would have liked to see Wise in this game, just to see how he compares to quality defenders, rather than them Grenadians.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

sorry folks that was supposed to read i'll CALL bean not can him lol ma bad

true i would have liked to see wise against a better opposition not that i have anything against Grenadaians, i in fact know a sweet girl from there lol

but i saw him(wise) paly vs bayern in germany and also one or two of his other matches and he's worth a a chance (thats why he is currently employed even if its currently for a second division team he did hold his own in first division too) .......but this theobald fella i dunno i mean i would put him on my side the one that sweats in the savannah that is

still theo boy (nothing personal ) i just want the best team possible, i will still tell jack take u to germany for free any day because u too are a warrior!!!

AND ALSO MR JACK WARNER!!! I DONT MIND PAYING 300 TO SEE THE GAME BUT COME ON TICKETS SELLING OUTSIDE FOR 50-100 BUCKS ABUNDANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS SPALK WOULD SAY WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!(SHAKE YOUR MONITORS FOR BETTER EFFECT) THAT IS REDIC WE COULD HAVE PAID 200 AND FULL THE DAMN STADIUM AND SHOW OUR BOYS THAT WE ARE 150% BEHIND THEM. WE SOLD A 500 TICKET FOR 50 CAUSE THERE WAS SO MUCH COMPETITION TICKETS LITERALLY GIVING AWAY OUTSIDE

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
where would wise b playing?

I would think on the left side like he usually plays

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
its obvious tnt is playing to a plan. where we are going to hold  d ball in midfield and not rush the game but wait for the oppsition to come to us or wait for holes to open up. this would definitely b more effective againnstt  the bigger squads who think we are walk overs. in the 1st half we walked tha ball right up to the peru 18 yard resulting in a birchall shot. that was certainly a positive. we have shown now more than ever b4 when we are down we are not out. and i believe teams will have to play very good against us to score more than 2 goals aginst us. the defense of the whole team is greatly improved

I think our defence has greatly improved also....i dont think we've conceeded more than one goal a game if any since beenie took over....correct me if I'm wrong

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks for a great report Touches!!! 

I agree that it wasn't the best performance by the Soca Warriors but Beenie knows what he is doing.  He is getting the team to play more possession football.  Let us face it for years Trinidad has always played exciting attacking football...that is our style.  However, our agressive attacking style has not been able to hold up to international standards as we play as group of individuals, not a TEAM.  Now, beenie is introducing us to Total Football as it is played in Holland.
We have guys who can always score goals....(Stern, Kenwyne, Yorke, Latapy, Scotland, Glenn)....All Beenie is doing now is introducing DISCIPLINE to the team so when they get to Germany they will have composure against the top teams in the world.

well said  :applause:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice report Touches, it is much appreciated by all de foreign based. Thanks  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Stern    Jones

Latapy

Wise        Whittley         Yorke                 Edwards

Avery       Lawerence         Sancho

Jack

Samuel for wise Sub

What do you think!!!!

Interesting line up ... but don't you think its a bit dangerous to play Latas and Yorke together in the early stages of a WC match.  I think either / or but not both.  There experience will be neccessay later on in games.  Birchall and Whitley are forming a good partnership in the middle.  The question is wheter our fowards are hungry enough to shake off the ball to foot attitude and put in extra work.  I think Scotland annd Stren up front.

that is an interesting line up and may work out in certain situations...the only thing I have to say is that whatever line up we go with, birchall and whitley need to be our 2 central midfielders because they both do the defensive, ball winning and distribution work

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Hear why man want Stern benched, and this is me included.

At this level you do not get many chances...maybe one-two per game and you have to make them count.

We are not creative enough to give stern 5-6 chances to throw away.

Because Stern always starts and in most instances gets a full 90....we are left to wonder what if?

I saw a Yorke/Jones combo and I find it was the best attacking ball we play.

As we have friendlies lewwe give two new men a chance and learn to mix it up.

Lastly it is also a numbers thing....playing a 4-5-1....vs a 4-4-2.....yuh ent have to be a genius to see Stern is marked off.

It is another factor to consider when men trying to cross a ball.....none of them name beckham, and to pick out Stern after he plant himself between three defenders is kinda hard to do which is why our play in the final third of the field is impotent.

But honestly I think the midfield did well defensively, closing down space and channels and forming the protective barrier infront of the defence and we kept possession well. two positives coming out of the game

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My take:

To pull Yorke out of midfield and put him as a striker is asking for significantly less chances on goal. In terms of creativity and distribution, Yorke is the best we have in midfield. That is where yuh does see de experience and class. We need Yorke behind the strikers. That said, I prefer a Stern/Jones attack rather than a Yorke/Jones. Yorke tends to find himself forward on numerous times anyway, but if he himself say he prefers central mid yuh have to say well he knows himself best.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
This the ting wit Stern if he do get ball straight for him he pushing to socre. Now the man have a killer shot when he on, but I wish Beenie should just try Cornell if he fit, to start with Kenwayne

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
This the ting wit Stern if he do get ball straight for him he pushing to socre. Now the man have a killer shot when he on, but I wish Beenie should just try Cornell if he fit, to start with Kenwayne

somebody email Beenie dis tread ... i think if he bench Stern a little bit it might make him wonder .. and then he might sttart working harder ... beenie go try a ting in one of the games coming up ...
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>