July 27, 2024, 08:48:37 AM

Author Topic: Warriors B squad disappoints...The Touches Report  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Warriors B squad disappoints...The Touches Report
« on: May 27, 2005, 09:41:20 PM »
Forumites,

This game was purely a leeme get a last look at who available.

I will start with the bad news first............Two injuries, and a lack of subs meant TT finished the game with 10 men

Sancho while running for a ball pulled up lame, and was immediately substituted.It wasnt no cramp or anything and it looked serious.

Rahim get a knock and was off the field.

We didnt have any more subs on the bench so TT play with 10 men for the last 10-15 min.

Beenhaker play a "B" team tonight and it showed.

The tactics were correct but execution was quite poor. To tell you how vex the coach was, Its the first time I see him get off the becnh and he was up and giving instructions. But really I sure he was buffing the fwds who just could not put away the 15 or so odd chances that the team skillfully created.

We want to walk into the goal and we not shooting. If we do shoot is a powder puff or it going straight at the keeper.

But oh gosh the disappoinment tonight was in a number 14 Jersey.........this Stern John Fella, followed closely by a number 10 by the name of Hector Sam.

Now Andre Samuel couldnt believe why people bad talk he fwd.......but he see with he own eyes, all 4 of them why I gave Stern the last player rating that I did.

Gents If stern didnt score tonight he woulda be like me and you and would have had to pay $200 to come and watch the Warriors on June 4th, right now he lucky to make the bench.

We need a Striker Asap and things bad.

He and Hector Sam cannot even score tap in.....cross in the six yard box keeper beaten all they have to do is tap in and they missing or blazing overbar.

I miss the early bird door prize by one digit.......the winning number was 1116, I had 1117

Now the good points......the goal STern scored was a beauty, in fact the entire play was great. A throw in, 3 one touch passes and low shot.......Goal.

Other than that the other good things were the crowd.....yes the Mannie Sell out.

"ALyuh Buy Nuts from Meh Nah" apparently got paid by the Pro league and was giving away nuts free.

They had a reds in a pink shirt who was giving the stadium a eyeful.

TT had 90% possession.

Marvin ANdrews knee hold out and he looking alright.

Cox  ent look bad either.

Jabloteh win 1-0 one team had 10 men another had 9 as they had small scuffle and real cards.

The riddim sections were ON like corn.......Jabloteh riddim section being the best and Loudest for the night.

Two patrons won 1000$ each for slotting penalties past a pro league keeper.

Now alyuh check this starting line up for TT.

Jack,

Cox, Andrews,Sancho and Wolfe.

Midfield of Wolfe, Theobold, Rahim and Sam

Upfront Glasgow and Stern.

Now they had the ball..knock it around but they just couldnt shoot, or finish.

Hector Sam show tonight why he is a bench warmer at Wrexham. No left foot, doing all the hard work beating man riding tackles, but the easy cross, shoot or tap in cyar make. His trapping was also a lil bit off at times.

Stern is the offside king and well Glasgow.......alyuh know what you getting from he.

Both Wolfe ent sharp, but they was doing just enough. Rahim had a decent game playing in the middle and then moving to the flank.

At the half when Beenhaker couldnt take any more of the chupidness on came the subs

Birchall for Wolfe, Edwards for somebody not sure......Anton Pierre for Cox, lawrence for Andrews and Kenwyne for Hector Sam.

Then Ball start to roll and TT continued to dominate proceedings. Chance after chance but nobody to put it away Edwards also messed up a few crosses.

So gents this exercise was just a last look at who available.

I suspect the team for June 4th is The Lima line up with Andrews as the only change, Avery John in the left back slot for Rojas.

We need Yorke upfront and I think Jones will partner him.

we didnt look bad tonight but we should have really put double figures on this Bermudan team.

Well thats it a short post....see alyuh on the 4th.

last thing Tickets on sale for the match at KFC outlets.

PLayer ratings

The whole team get a 6.5

Sam and John get the same picture rating John get from last game.

Laters

« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 09:50:29 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors B squad disappoints...The Touches Report
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 10:49:17 PM »

Thanks very much for the report.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 10:53:22 PM »
1-0?
WE REALLY GONE THRU!!!

Time to kiss Germany goodbye
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 10:55:21 PM by arrow »

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 11:08:05 PM »
Touches, all I want to know ia about the REDS you mention...pics?????

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:17:33 PM »
Touches,
Thanks for the report and  the comments about  the game. Patience has to be a virtue in the build up to what is turning out to be a surprising campaign. If the scouts from the other teams have been attending the past few warm up games, I would say that they must be confused as to what our team would eventually look like and  how they will perform on any given night.

I  think as fans we have to accept the  idea that  not any one of these ' friendlies'  will  serve as defining moments for the team. For the team as we see on any given night may not be the final one that plays aganist Panama. The opportunities for seeing players and evaluating them under game time situations  is invaluable and I suspect will be critical when the final team is announced.

It's interesting how people's sentiments wave from game to game. With a loss against N.E. Stars we were going no where; another  loss aganist Lima was  rationalized by the fact that  they were a club team of some repute; a 4-0 victory against a lesser opponent- Bermuda, meant little, a 1-0 victory and some are  back in the  'bashing mood' and  have waned in their faith.

I think that after all these experimentation,  the coach now has some more informed choices he could make  in fielding a team to oppose both Panama and Mexico. I do believe that as a team, we are better prepared to face adversity and to withstand the pressures  for the duration of the campaign.

We stand today on the brink of  change of turning this around. We have the resources; now to get the right chemistry and the final turn to move  a step ahead of our last game. I remain cautiously optomistic and anxiously awaiting June 04. I do believe deep down that TNT will see a revamped and new WARRIORS' brand of football.

It is not where you are at the start but where you are at the finish.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:23:02 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 02:54:10 AM »
So de 2 Wolfe brothers play ? why no Dwarika though, he does make things happen in de final third of the field.

The only players we have who scoring for they club is Josh Johnson, Andre Toussaint, Anthony Wolfe, Devon Jorsling and maybe Scott Sealy.

Maybe Dwight and Glen upfront might work with Dwarika or Jones supporting. ?

------------------Ince-----------------
Charles--Lawrence--Andrews--Avery
------Jones---Birchall---Edwards
---------------Dwarika--------------
---------Yorke------------Glen------

Thanks for de report Touches, I waiting on Patriot and Andre Samuel one also.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 03:00:06 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 04:57:01 AM »
Lawrence and Andrews in the middle?  My heart beating fast already

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 05:30:00 AM »
Well who then Cox ?? or Anton ?? since the Costa Rica game Lawrence game has improved alot. Cox and Lawrence might have to fight it out, Avery could play central defence but we need him on the left back because Rojas eh ready and Sancho might be out because of injury, hope both him and Rahim recovers soon.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 06:08:28 AM »
I was expecting a better result, but honestly I am not surprised.  With the inclusion of the Scottish players (which means a different defensive line-up) and a different midfield in an attempt to see everybody play, I did not expect a smooth and continuous play on the field.  To make matters worst, if Stern continues throwing away during warm-ups, the score-line will be what it was against a very weak opponent. 

I am still happy to hear that the technical approach and formation on the field appears to be the same, even with a different line-up on the field.  This bodes well for substitution in the games that truly count since men coming on will know exactly what is expected of them regardless if it is the 5th minute or the 80th minute.

With one wek to go, Beenie man should be set on his final 18.  Get them into camp, continue to work on the technical aspects of the game on the field, review what the opposition as most expect the staff to do (hopefully somebody is scouting or watching tapes) and get the team spirit going (working on the pyshcological aspects of the game).

If folks expected a great deal from this game noting a changed line-up, they are being somewhat unrealistic.  These games are "baby steps" in the hope of "walking" when we playing Panama and Mexico and "running" when the second round starts.  It is a gradual progression.  All is not lost.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 07:06:46 AM »
disappointed but a win is a win.. I am sure beenie will give them fellas a good earful... I expect after this many more will be dropped

Thanx fo de report...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 07:25:41 AM »
LSJ, 1 am surprised. At all these

I AM SURPRISED THAT

1. Touches reach home before midnight. Either he was only drinking 'Carib Lite' or he was hoping the Reds was Cinderella and she show up with a six pack.

2. They bothered to play this game, couldn't really have any motivation factor.

since they did

3. We didn't sound like we throw way as much as last game, the forwards actually had something to prove,  yet only score 1. That defender Bermuda fly in, must really be good.

4. Stern hasn't been cut for this series yet. I'm sure he has the ability to score, it seems it's not this round.

5. That anybody could evaluate the defense in such a game. Ah wonder if Jack did carry a newspaper to read, or wipe down dem (or we forwards).

6. Beenie ent cuss ah organizer yet.

7. people now start worrying(nah not worrying, being concerned)  especially since the NE game.

8 Meh mother didn't go the game. (she mus be realize is ah nuthen game or meh bud car shut down)

9. that I myself still have some hope that in 1 week everything will fall in order, and we go do the right stuff 2 times in a row.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 07:38:08 AM »
it lookin like is time to play yorke upfront
at least he finishin tap ins

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Captain?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 07:52:37 AM »
Who captain de squad?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 08:03:06 AM »
  Anything could happen in football so i never suprised jus a little worried...Go T&T

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 12:53:57 PM »
Thanx Touches.

Marvin Andrews was the capt...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 01:30:18 PM »
Cowen's match report:

I love Trinidad. Some of the most beautiful women you will find in Trinidad...and the Mannie had plenty. If you see woman ......... that reds Touches talking bout bothering me whole night .... she up and down and getting me confused. All this low riders they wearing now just have me crazy.

I doh know who the gyul man is ....but from where she was sitting he look like an imps . I feel energised enough to go hit him ah tap and take way the woman but just as i about to Trinidad Score 1-0.

I can't remember when last I get som much whip lash. Woman all over the place who not sitting standing ...who now walking modelling ...and ah feel all ah them was looking for me. I try hailing them out ...but some ah them come with man and just to prevent confusion i play like i didn't know them too.

Then most most amazing thing happened. The game finish. TRinidad 1- Bermuda 0. Steups.

Thank Goodness for all them woman
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 01:03:31 AM »
    That was a great report Cowen. I could not have said it better myself. I like how you saved the girls by not telling them hello since their man was their and "pretending to not know them" hehahe that exact thing happens to me too yes.

Good good.

We go all be out on the 4th.!!

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

1]; } ?>