April 19, 2024, 09:22:06 AM

Author Topic: The P.A  (Read 3555 times)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The P.A
« on: May 11, 2006, 08:00:38 AM »
listening thru the radio im hearing this man over the P.A every 10 seconds screaming somethin sounding very unpleasant. Then towards the end he started sounding more like a drunkard, with his ole ole chant wa off key. then throughtout the whole match hes beggin the crowd to make noise. Thats not good for the game as it points out to everyone how quiet the crowd is and such.

Ive never heard this kinda thing from a football match.   Im wondering, for the feallas able to make home games,  if he is always like this, or was last night different?

It also dont look good for us. We've got ITV and tv from all over the world scoping out the trini football scene and this is what they hear. Its embarrassing. it gives them the impression that this is our football culture. do you all think he was given certain instructions when he was given the job, or he just decided to hear his own voice over the p.a on his own?
Hart for president

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The P.A
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:01:36 AM »
2 words

Anil Roberts

Més que un club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:05:21 AM »
2 words

Anil Roberts

4 words

Anil Roberts the idiot!!

He was out of place for calling out the players when the lil scramble started on the field!!

it didnt sound good at all
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:10:14 AM »
THAT WAS ANIL ROBERTS LAWD IS ANYBODY THEY GIVING THE MIKE SO, I HEARD HIM ON THE INTERNET AND HE WAS A LITTLE ANNOYING

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:12:20 AM »
2 words

Anil Roberts

4 words

Anil Roberts the idiot!!

He was out of place for calling out the players when the lil scramble started on the field!!

it didnt sound good at all

That man is a real joker.  I heard the man loud and clear over the internet... and talk about singing off key!!
That man need to take a WHAT! and a STEUPS! :rotfl:
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »
A blessing is Anil Roberts with laryngitis. De man only could talk at two volumes....loud and louder. It sound real off yesterday...even though i know he was tryin to hype up de crowd. Buh come nah.....hush yuh ass lil bit nah!!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 09:57:04 AM »
The man working 4 TTFF, Gayelle Power 102, the Marathon organizing committee and anybody else who have the misguided view that we want to hear him. The man was the only sports journalsit who from Ash Wednesday 2005 that we were goin Germany but since his became Jack's mouthpiece he has becoming even more annoying.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 10:05:13 AM »
The man working 4 TTFF, Gayelle Power 102, the Marathon organizing committee and anybody else who have the misguided view that we want to hear him. The man was the only sports journalsit who from Ash Wednesday 2005 that we were goin Germany but since his became Jack's mouthpiece he has becoming even more annoying.

True dat. Buh yuh leaving out part of the man job description. Jack personal bamcee sponge.  ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:35 AM »
True dat. Buh yuh leaving out part of the man job description. Jack personal bamcee sponge.  ::)

you probably asking if there is a moral to the story here

well yes, with PLENTY money
you too can BUY anything

Or a world cup ticket....depending on the time  ::)

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 10:32:24 AM »

he voice was reall annoying during the game.

jeeseee man take a break!!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 11:34:20 AM »
The best was when (I swear I hear dis) he bawl....

"WILL DE DRIVER OF PBA 2532 PLEASE MOOOOOVE YUH CYAHHR!!!"

LOLOLOL I nearly dead

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »

LOLOLOL I nearly dead

hahahhahahahahaha

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
You guys bashing mih uncle real bad oui ;D he was just trying to help the crowd get on bad ;D ;D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 01:34:32 PM »
STEWPS allyuh without anil d 15 000 waggonists on hand wudda never make no noise 

so give d man a bligh    i enjoyed it actually

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »
small mag hearing it in de stadium might have been different but for those of us who had the live audio....anil needed to cool it

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »
no scene... but i find itr helped

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 01:54:24 PM »
yeah he help wit de noise buh ya hadda unders ppl from alla over lisnin to da match

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »
WWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT !!![/b
 :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

I thought was me alone who find he disgusting on the PA.
Ent Spalk is a forumite ?
Leh we talk to the man nah.  First of all...maybe he sounds clearer in the covered stands, but in the uncovered section all you hear is loud muffled sounds that is really annoying.  The man have a naturally loud hoarse voice, and to put a mike in he hand is bordering on criminal.  The thing is that one does not have to shout when on a mike...the mike's purpose is to allow the speaker to heard without having to shout.

The worse is when he calling out the players name, yuh doesn't even know who de f*%^ name he calling, but everybody in covered stands screeming.

They should give the wuk to the man who does tell people to keep the isles clear...at least he has cleaner voice.

Another thing is that I read somwhere that FIFA rules does not permit announcers to use PA systems during games to rile up crowds or incite any kind of rowdiness amongst the fans, or even to cheer on dey teams.  :shameonyou: I suppose he got away with it because it was friendly.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 06:59:30 PM »
1. Obviously the people who saying these things don't know Anil Roberts or they would ah do what everybody else do STEUPS and ignore him

2. If they don't know about Anil Roberts they have obviously not been to a game in TnT in a long time or they will know that the HC Stadium is one of the quietest stadiums in the world.

3. Somebody say that we don't want people to feel that is we Football culture....news flash we do not have a football culture. We does go to games and only make nois if we winning....That is if we go in the first place

4. And as Small Mag say with out him the 15000 waggonist would ah stay quiet whole game.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 07:16:20 PM »

LOLOLOL I nearly dead

dem fellas on bigsoccer nearly dead too. the worst was they couldn't understand why he make this announcement just when the fight start...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 07:25:49 PM »
Another thing is that I read somwhere that FIFA rules does not permit announcers to use PA systems during games to rile up crowds or incite any kind of rowdiness amongst the fans, or even to cheer on dey teams.  :shameonyou: I suppose he got away with it because it was friendly.

And Bahrain?  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 10:47:57 PM »
saw the game on tape....and after ahwhile it became annoyin we!.... man already have ah mic and screamin tuh de top of he longs.....and de tape didden even have de fite...dey cut way tuh draw de lotto yes.....

1]; } ?>