March 28, 2024, 05:21:54 PM

Author Topic: What are the strenghts & weaknesses of the warriors?  (Read 6261 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What are the strenghts & weaknesses of the warriors?
« on: May 11, 2006, 06:54:54 AM »
Prior to posting this I thought based on all the commentary I've heard leading up to the game with peru,that seem to set a stage for T&T winning by a barage of goals,"well" it never happened, we could only pull-out a draw.

This certainly begs the question which  of our strenghts will carry us through the second stage of the world cup or which weakness will ultimately be the achilles that maybe defines us and prevent us from advancing.

I think our expectations of the "warriors" as fans may be to high,I have noticed that the team at times tends to play a game geared towards pleasing the fans and not sticking to there plan,especially at home.

We could make the case that Iceland is a much better team than peru,well I could be wrong but that game against iceland was clearly a superior performance,worth the praises it got.

So the strenghts are: ? I need help here........

So the weaknesses are:you never no which warrior team will show up.

Offline BahJon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What are the strenghts & weaknesses of the warriors?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 09:37:04 AM »
Strengh #1: We rebound quickly.

After each of the two cut arse next month; we will party hard outside the stadia and show what we are renowned for ...blood, sweat and FETE

heh heh heh

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:41:20 AM by BahJon »

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:45:42 AM »
Personally I think the SOCA WARRIORS play a more disciplined game when we are away from home.  And even more so when we play in Europe. 

I don't know if it is because the guys feel more professional when they are in Europe because that is where they are based OR whether the travel back and forth for home games tends to unsettle them somewhat.

But I think they will put up a much better showing the rest of warm up games in Europe

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 09:53:01 AM »
strengths: Don Leo

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:57:34 AM »

weakness:  movement in the 3rd half of the field in atack.

transition from defense to midfield is good then from midfield to attack there are hardly any options. only until we scored then we started to fight the game

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »
Yuh Scouting fuh Sven or wha???  ::)

Seriously....we does start slow...and often need to be scored on to act urgent. The midfield to striker transiston need work. Lapses in concentration also....result in dotish goals getting scored on us.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 10:22:44 AM »

transition from defense to midfield is good then from midfield to attack there are hardly any options. only until we scored then we started to fight the game

i agree it takes us a while to start attacking the game ... only if we get scored on first then there is a sense of urgency ... but i doubt that  Bennie will paly Latas and Yorke together ... anyways well done to the team ... 4 weeks to go ... keep on working
Snake in de balliser

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »

What exactly is the 3rd half?
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 10:32:25 AM »
de warriors main weakness is they lack confidence,they shoulda pump about 4 in peru,they take everything too lightly.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 02:22:29 PM »
dk if we have any big strengths...I would say the biggest strength as said by one poster is our Coach, who can bring the best out of us.

However, we have improvd in the corner, and heading dept.

I had given up on fks...but obviously Spann, Latas and JOnes can do it. Problem is they usually are on the bench....Otis and Me Mum should also be groomed for this duty ....good to have options for when man injured or subbed or what ever.

Our def. has improved in depth...I think I prefer Span in the rb position, he gives more depth.  However, I havent seen a lot of Gray lately...so those who have can better tell.

Otis is the god send ...will give much more def, depth to the mdfld...or can play a def role behind them..or anywhere on the left.

Otis, Latas, Stern, Jones and Birch can all shoot from the outside.

We need some good pace. Glenn may not go....Wise may or may not...but that's just one player.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »
WEAKNESS:WE TOO PREDICTABLE AND SLOW
STRENGTH: MOMENTS OF BRILLIANCE
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:45:44 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »
The strength of our team is in the midfield,then again there are some weakness there as was exposed yesterday,by not having any ideas when we get into the final third of the field
 Our weakness I would say are both forward and defence,you may have a point that the defence played pretty well except for the screwup that resulted in the goal,I did not see the game but from listening there appeared to be other instances when we were caught lapsing
If we keep that up Shaka and company will suffer major embracing moments during this cup season
Playing one forward is not going to cut it in this tournament,Stern may have some miracles left but he will never produce them during this cup,he will need someone to play off to be more effective,he can expect to be brutalised as no prisoners will be taken
We have to go there and enforce our will and play like Warriors
I would like to say we did not play like Warriors yesterday but we came back and equalised the game,what made that great was the fact that it was done with both Yorke and Latapy on the bench....so I would say this team has heart

All praise is due to the Almighty

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 06:48:33 PM »

he talking bout the attacking third of the field
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 10:02:55 PM »
Weakness -break downs in concentration..particulary in the defense

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 06:59:25 AM »

strenght:

PLAYING WITH a LIONSHEART

weakness:

Trying to proove themselves,and do too much.instead of being calm,and play with the brain.

in other words: the strenght of T&T is their weakness,its difficult

T&T rulezz

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 07:12:50 AM »
Strengths: Determination ( which i believe is as a result of national pride,) the Coach and supporters.

Weaknesses: Quality of wing play (not enough on the left and poor service on the right.)
                   Defense not disciplined and coordinated, appears slow and clumsy, especially central     defense. Passes slow and predictable coming from the midfield, i am not sure if this is as a result of a lack of vision on the midfield or the stagnant forward. The end result of this is that our loan striker always appears to be isolated and is easily marked off and dispossessed.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 07:23:04 AM »
I think we are not mentally ready,I could be wrong.

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 09:21:18 AM »

he talking bout the attacking third of the field

Well he should say that...... ;D You ever hear about anything having 3 halves :devil:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 11:55:59 AM »
Strengths: good mix of players to choose from, adequate ball possesion, currently confident, we have some good headers of the ball (yorke lawerence)

Weaknesses: one forward we need at least 2, some midfielders (birch and theo) lack vision/skill to create plays moving forward (birch is the dog work man so he is excused and he is willing to try the shot ever so often confident) theo buck up man!!!...defensive lapses too generally slow of a team in passing forward

opportunities: we have extra forwards to utilise adding one to john is a welcome it takes the pressure off of john frees him up...the flanks we can mix players to suit a game (if we need speed vs opponents use colin samuel or cornell genn) if we need creative flank men use wise and carlos   

threats: Rooney, larson and the great ronaldhino when we meet him in the finals!!!!!Take that in yuh pueffen and smoge that sheit!!!

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 01:50:16 PM »
Strengths: We have the players… a good coach in Benie and this is a football... who ever wants it on any given day can have the win!

Weakness: Our defense need some speed to keep up with the opposing forwards with pace. Our team sometimes starts off playing too laid back… some of our players hold on to the ball like with no idea of creating. Change the rhythms to fast wine this is the World Cup! Speed kills!!

That's my take!
Hammer!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 07:28:01 AM »
i agree with the fact that we have a few players that not able to keep dey mental focus fuh de full 90 minutes. . . . we need to geh da in shape come june. . . have to be able to remain focused fuh de whole game. . .without getting over excited about the event. . . cuz it have studies that show that over-arousal does cause underperformance. . . .

having said that . . .we lookin a much more disciplined side than before. . when i used to think we never used to keep any shape whatsoever. . i coulda never figure out who was playin where. . cuz everybody was all over de place. . hahah  . . and we does show real heart and fight. .. never say die attitude. . . and daiz always a good thing .. . .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

1]; } ?>