May 27, 2024, 04:14:49 PM

Author Topic: Tired Ronaldo gets stern warning  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tired Ronaldo gets stern warning
« on: May 28, 2005, 07:37:02 AM »
Reuters

Ronaldo was given a stern warning by Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira on Friday after saying that he wanted to be excused from playing in the Confederations Cup because he needed a rest.

"He has the right to ask to be excused and if there's a very good reason we will have a look," said Parreira. "But if he asks to have a rest, I won't accept it, that excuse doesn't exist."

"It would be great just to play the World Cup," added Parreira, who spoke at Rio de Janeiro airport after returning from Turkey where he watched Wednesday's European Champions League final.

"Personally, it would be great for me if I could just coach the team at the World Cup and not have to worry about the qualifiers and the friendlies where there is a lot of wear and tear."

Parreira added: "Nobody is irreplaceable and they're quite welcome to stay at home if they don't want to play -- in fact it's better if they stay at home because otherwise they'll just get in the way of the others."

Parreira, who said earlier this month that holidays were "relative", has named a full-strength squad for the June 15-29 eight-nation competition to be held in Germany. He wants to use it as a try-out for next year's World Cup.

Brazil have already rejected requests from Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter Milan to excuse Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Adriano respectively.

Ronaldo, who was allowed to skip last year's Copa America in Peru, gave a newspaper interview earlier this week playing down the importance of the tournament and saying he needed a rest.

The other teams at the Cup are hosts Germany, Australia, Argentina, Tunisia, Greece, Japan and Mexico.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tired Ronaldo gets stern warning
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 07:43:52 AM »
Excellent comments, by Parreira. I especially like
"Nobody is irreplaceable and they're quite welcome to stay at home if they don't want to play -- in fact it's better if they stay at home because otherwise they'll just get in the way of the others."

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 07:44:28 AM »
TALK BOY TALk  ayya ay ; this cleary defines player and coach: No man is bigger than the team in this coach's eyes:

Parreira added: "Nobody is irreplaceable and they're quite welcome to stay at home if they don't want to play [/u] -- in fact it's better if they stay at home because otherwise they'll just get in the way of the others."

Jason Scotland; Latas allyuh read this nah!!!!!!!!!!!!! There may be others on our team who needs to take stock. The kind of committment needed to make the world cup is one where you have  bring everything you have to the team and the game and  leave everything you have on that field.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 07:54:31 AM by Tallman »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 08:21:47 AM »
 OLe  talk by Brazil coach...he just want to win that competition so he need the best Striker, which is Ronaldo.If Brazil lose that is his job so he need Ronaldol !!!. If he could of replaced him he would have called him and told him that if he doh play he will get drop and if Ronaldo say he not playing still then the coach would just drop him for qualifiers. Ronaldo is cannot be replaced and Parriera know that..he jus talking up in his ass!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 08:42:06 AM »
OLeĀ  talk by Brazil coach...he just want to win that competition so he need the best Striker, which is Ronaldo.If Brazil lose that is his job so he need Ronaldol !!!. If he could of replaced him he would have called him and told him that if he doh play he will get drop and if Ronaldo say he not playing still then the coach would just drop him for qualifiers. Ronaldo is cannot be replaced and Parriera know that..he jus talking up in his ass!!
I agree with you.  Although Brazil is 2nd in South America qualifiers, they are not playing good.  If they fail to win this tournament and play well, Brazilian fans will be calling for Parreira's head.  However, the coach does have a point that no man is bigger than the team but he has an ulterior motive for his statement.  Brazil could win that tournamnet without Ronaldo but Parreira does not want to take any chances ith his job.

Also, he is correct that the tournamnet is a good dress rehearsal for the World Cup but most of these players had a very long season inlcuding flying back and forth for WC qualifiers.  So it will be very tough on them to play in the Confederations Cup, report to off season training camp soon, play WC qualifiers, play another season, then play in Germany.

So looking at the broad picture, Ronaldo has valid reasons for asking out of this tournament.  The benefits of playing are significant enough for him.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 11:42:29 AM »
Sometimes i think we have to put ourselves in these Coaches positions,as a coach you want to have your best players when going into any tournament,i understand these guys play a lot of Football but that does not mean they should tell a coach when they want to play or not that's for the coach to decide.The whole thing with Brazil is that people don't understand Brazillian football,every World Cup Brazil surprizes people no one gave them a chance in the last World Cup,all we talk about is EPL,Spanish League etc because that's what we see,the Coach is right because Brazil qualified for the last World Cup without Ronaldo,they can do without anybody they always have somebody we don't know about.they even changed four Coaches during the World Cup qualifiers.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brazil release Ronaldo from qualifiers, Confed Cup
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 05:11:42 AM »
By Brian Homewood (Guardian Unlimited)

RIO DE JANEIRO, May 30 (Reuters) - Brazil have agreed to release striker Ronaldo from next month's World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Argentina as well as the Confederations Cup in Germany later in June.

"Ronaldo said he had personal problems which prevented him from dedicating himself to the Brazilian national team at the moment," coach Carlos Alberto Parreira said.

"So the technical staff have decided to release him."

Ronaldo said last week that he wanted to skip the Confederations Cup, which will be held from June 15-29, but had not asked to be left out of the World Cup qualifiers.

On Monday, Ronaldo said he had talked the situation over with Parreira on the telephone and admitted he was surprised to have been left out of this Sunday's home game against Paraguay and the one in Argentina the following Wednesday.

"I was ready and prepared for these two games, but it's the CBF's decision and I have to respect it," he said in a television interview.

"I needed a rest and a chance to forget about the things I've been going through," added Ronaldo, who split up with fiancee Daniella Cicarelli at the start of May, three months after throwing a lavish engagement party at a Paris chateau.

"I'm going to prepare well for next year."

NOT RIGHT
Parreira, who has previously warned players that missing the Confederations Cup could jeopardise their places at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, denied that Ronaldo was being punished.

"The national team is not a place for retaliation or to harbour grudges or resentments," Parreira said.

"But I think we're going to have to do without him for these two games.

"He confessed that, because of some personal and professional matters, his head is not really in the right place."

Brazil, who are second in the 10-nation South American World Cup qualifying group with 24 points from 13 games, called up Sao Paulo striker Grafite as Ronaldo's replacement.

Ronaldo won and converted a hat-trick on penalties when Brazil beat Argentina 3-1 last year and is the leading scorer in the competition with eight goals.

Last week, Parreira issued a stern warning to the striker after hearing that he did not want to go to Germany.

"It would be great just to play the World Cup," Parreira said.

"Personally, it would be great for me if I could just coach the team at the World Cup and not have to worry about the qualifiers and the friendlies, where there is a lot of wear and tear."

"Every player should feel happy when he is picked. But if a player really doesn't want to play for his country, then he has every right to ask to be released.

"Nobody is irreplaceable."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 07:47:02 AM »
Its Tabanca Ronaldo suffering from,

He ent need no rest, is a bush bath he need.

The thing he was supposed to get married to after he divorce the last one overs him the other day. After he done had big engagement party.

Look the story

Ronaldo splits up with fiancee three months after party

Ronaldo splits up with fiancee three months after party RIO DE JANEIRO, May 11 (Reuters) - Brazil and Real Madrid striker Ronaldo has split up with fiancee Daniella Cicarelli less than three months after the couple threw a lavish engagement party at a secluded castle outside Paris.

"The footballer Ronaldo and the television presenter Daniella Cicarelli officially inform that they are separating and they reserve the right not to give any more details about the episode," said a statement issued by a spokesman for Cicarelli.

The couple threw the party, which cost an estimated 700,000 euros ($899,200), near Chantilly on February 14.

Although it was billed as a wedding, Ronaldo could not marry 23-year-old Cicarelli because he had not been divorced for a full year from his first wife, Milene Domingues.

Ronaldo and Domingues were married in 1999 and have a child named Ronald.

Source:http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1291595#post1291595
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:54:08 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 08:06:28 AM »
Ronaldo have serious tabanca, so I can't blame de man for asking for a break.  He need to go Brazil, chill with his pardnas and brush some women.  Once he handle his business, real Madrid and Brazil will have a happy and deadly forward next season.

1]; } ?>