April 17, 2024, 09:52:23 PM

Author Topic: Entire Juventus Board Resign  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Entire Juventus Board Resign
« on: May 11, 2006, 09:03:24 PM »
Corruption rampant

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4763239.stm

Juve in crisis as board resigns 

Juventus are poised to win their 29th title
The entire Juventus board has resigned after days of press revelations over embarrassing telephone interceptions involving its top management.
Italy's Football Federation is probing Juve general manager Luciano Moggi over allegations of collusion in appointing referees for Juventus games.

The club plan to hold a shareholders meeting on 29 June to replace the outgoing board.

Juventus could clinch their second successive Serie A title on Sunday.

The president and vice-president of the Federation, Franco Carraro and Innocenzo Mazzini, have already resigned their positions in the wake of the publication of the taps.

Moggi is at the centre of the probes which are looking into the operation of the GEA management company headed by his son Alessandro, which controls the affairs of almost 200 players and coaches in Italy.

On Wednesday, judicial sources in Turin said that Juve CEO Antonio Giraudo was under investigation for false accounting relating to player transfer deals.

Giraudo and Moggi are both members of the Juventus board but it was not immediately clear how the resignation of the board would effect their full time positions with the club.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
Re: Entire Juventus Board Resign
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 09:38:47 PM »
a sad day for football  :'(

a moment of slience please

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:54:01 PM »
a big team like that with all that money could stopp so low

Agnelli must be turning in he grave

Més que un club.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 09:58:15 PM »
Real plenty institutions in italy based on corruption. You would be suprised how how money circulates. Plus you were hearing murmurs bout it in the sense of Juve and AC get certain special privilidges and such. Things like that doh happen without money passing.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 10:01:12 PM »
lawd , is really a sad day for football , when something like this could take place..hopefully the future is brighter for juve..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 10:02:54 PM »
the future won't be bright for Juve if their CEO is convicted...the club will suffer...they automatically would get demoted to Serie B and thus all their big players will leave

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 10:05:35 PM »
the future won't be bright for Juve if their CEO is convicted...the club will suffer...they automatically would get demoted to Serie B and thus all their big players will leave

that go be sad though
Juve and Inter are the only 2 clubs that have never gone down to Serie B

Més que un club.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 10:09:09 PM »

that go be sad though

yeah, it would be be sad in the way it happened
when was the last time AC Milan was in Serie B?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 10:09:55 PM »

that go be sad though

Well me know why now....don't we :-\

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 06:54:30 AM »

that go be sad though

when was the last time AC Milan was in Serie B?

Milan were in Serie B before Bellisconi took over in the late 70's early 80's.

But favours to Juv have been hinted for decades. Remember the famous match with Inter (with Ronaldo) and Inter needed to win to gain the title. First an obvious hand ball in the penalty area, the Referee denied Inter a penalty. Then Ronaldo no doubt fouled badly in the box no penalty, Juv tied the game and won the title. Ronaldo was fined for his comment that they League wanted Juv to win.
yeah, it would be be sad in the way it happened
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 08:37:39 AM »
Juve is meh second team, but I will admit that they have always been accused of getting preferential treatment from the referees.  They are the club with the most supporters outside of their local base, and they derive a bit of love and hate in Italy.  The problem is not with Juve only; the problem is that the Italian Football Federation is corrupted, and business in Italy, in general, is in need of a purging of the elements that have no integrity.  Every year is some scandal in Italian football.  They just love shady business practices over there.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:26:43 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 08:38:52 AM »
dat rel suspect yes
i hav nuin to say to dem men
i jus happy dem geh catch

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 03:24:12 PM »
I'd love to see Juve playing in Serie B next season  ;D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 03:30:23 PM »

I Second that lol

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 04:08:49 PM »
Seems like Inter is the only big team outside of d scandal.  :applause:

Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina have also been implicated (albeit to a lesser extent)

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 07:27:30 PM »

I Second that lol

2 ah allyuh HAMC

we go come out of this just like we did wit the illegal substance scandal...better, stronger & more united

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »
Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina have joined Juventus in being investigated for the referee fixing scandal sweeping through Italy.

The Italian Football Federation launched an investigation after the contents of tapped phone conversations involving Juve general manager Luciano Moggi talking of refereeing appointments for games with a Football Federation official responsible for selecting match officials went public, however the Old Lady are not the only club to be put under the microscope.

Judges have confirmed Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina are also wanted by Naples magistrates. Lazio president Claudio Lotito and Fiorentina supremo Andrea Della Valle will give evidence.

Nine referees have been summoned as part of the inquiry, while former chairman of Italy's Football Federation Franco Carraro, who recently resigned his post, has been formally charged.

In all, 19 matches from the 2004-05 campaign are being scrutinised with regards to the referee fixing scandal.

Meanwhile, carabineers have seized documents from the Italian Federation (FIGC) and Italian Referees Association (AIA) with regards to the inquiry.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=386808&CPID=21&clid=128&lid=8&title=Trio+join+Juve+in+inquiry

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 11:13:40 AM »
we doh care what allyuh bring against us...scudetto number 29 biatches!!  ;D

everybody always trying to fight down juve jed but we does succeed no matter what!!!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Italian Referee Out; Buffon’s World Cup Spot in Question
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »
Italian Referee Out; Buffon’s World Cup Spot in Question
Bob (worldcupblog)

A string of scandals that have rocked Italy’s Serie A are now carrying over to the World Cup. On Saturday, Italy’s goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was questioned by magistrates about allegations that he bet on football after a ban on such activity was enacted in 2005. This had led the Italian media to speculate that the world’s top paid keeper, and member of the World Cup Blog Readers’ XI, might lose his spot on the Azzurri.

“Now he has to defend himself, rather than the national team’s goal,” wrote leading daily Corriere della Sera.

Buffon’s lawyer admits that his client bet on foreign football matches in the past, but only before the new rules went into place.

Buffon’s fate will be known on Monday when Italy’s World Cup roster is announced. Despite the headlines, I think he’ll still be named to the team. What a serious blow it would be to Italy if one of the world’s best keepers was forced to stay at home.

One person who is not going to Germany for certain is referee Massimo De Santis. The Italian Football Federation has announced that De Santis and his two assistant referees will not be allowed to appear in the World Cup because they are under investigation for possible criminal wrongdoing. FIFA has announced that their spots will not be filled at the World Cup so there will now be 22 referees instead of 23.

There is never a good time for something like this to happen, but for this to all blow up a month away from the World Cup is simply a disaster. Whether this will impact other players besides Buffon remains to be seen, but undoubtedly there are some nervous football fans in Italy right about now.

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 01:24:46 PM »
i is a juve supporter . . .buh was only cuz back in de day i used to like dem . . when i now start watchin football . . . but even since back in de day  . .dey was always into de corruption and suchness. . . how dey only gehin accused of it now . . is a surprise to me. . . moggi is like some kinda mafia warlord or something ..  i feel he used to get all dem referee's decisions to go his way cuz he used to jes send a message down to dem at half time or something sayin da he have dey wife and child in a van somewhere. . . ahhaha . ., and well dey have to prosecute him now dat de referees wearin dey headset. . . moggi go find a way to tap into da and and tell dem exactly what to blow de whistle for all kinda ting .. .  ;D
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 01:46:20 PM »
Moggi quits Juve

Juventus' general manager Luciano Moggi has quit the club, in light of the recent accusations levelled at him.

Moggi is at the heart of the refereeing scandal that is enveloping Italian football.

The whole of Juventus board resigned after allegations were made that the club was in some way colluding with officials in the Italian Football Federation over who would and has refereed their games.

Recordings of Moggi talking with officials over referees have already been released after his phone was tapped, and he is now quit in order to defend himself.

"From tomorrow [Monday], I will have resigned as general manager of Juventus," he said after The Old Lady retained their Serie A title with a 2-0 win over Reggina.

"From this evening, the world of football is no longer my world.

"Now I will think only about defending myself from all the malice that been said about me.

"I ask you for a courtesy, don't ask me any questions because I don't have the desire or the strength. I don't have the soul for it, they have killed it."

Juventus are not the only side involved in the enquiry which has been launched by Italian prosecutors, and has already seen over 40 people investigated.

Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio have also been named, while Italy's proposed World Cup referee Massimo De Santis has been pulled from this summer's finals after he also became embroiled.

Moggi is due in Rome on Monday to meet prosecutors and answer questions about his role in the scandal, and also explain the role his son's football agency plays within the game.

1]; } ?>