April 29, 2024, 07:13:51 AM

Author Topic: most successful franchise in any sport.  (Read 3546 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
most successful franchise in any sport.
« on: May 11, 2006, 10:16:10 PM »
fuh those who reside in usa,im sure yuh always hearin about de new york yankees as de most success franchise in sport history,with 26 championship in major league baseball.now take note this MLB is not no world body,this is an american organisation with a relative amount of foreign talent.after readin de juve thread i see they are goin fuh there 29 title,so this boleface,america or bust attitude this country have is purely fake.ah next reason ah cannot stand de typical american attitude.they so sheltered,is like nothing could exist or blossom outside america.which team in de epl has de most titles.is it more than 26.or which island has won de most shell/red stripe.is it more than 26.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: most successful franchise in any sport.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:46:54 PM »
I know Montreal Canadians have 24 championships, so there 3rd :beermug:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 10:47:42 PM »
fuh those who reside in usa,im sure yuh always hearin about de new york yankees as de most success franchise in sport history,with 26 championship in major league baseball.now take note this MLB is not no world body,this is an american organisation with a relative amount of foreign talent.after readin de juve thread i see they are goin fuh there 29 title,so this boleface,america or bust attitude this country have is purely fake.ah next reason ah cannot stand de typical american attitude.they so sheltered,is like nothing could exist or blossom outside america.which team in de epl has de most titles.is it more than 26.or which island has won de most shell/red stripe.is it more than 26.

You make a good  point..

But Statistically the Best Franchise in all Sport is Definately the NY Yankees.. followed by Manchester united...

However the Americans decide to market their sport thats their business.

One thing is fuh sure.. The most popular and best sport in the Wold is hands down Football.. or as the gracious Americans transformed it to "Soccer"..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:50:28 PM »
American's bold faced , i really dont like to talk to them when it pertains to calling football soccer .. let them do what they want , there planning on taking over the world soon..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 11:16:12 PM »
American's bold faced , i really dont like to talk to them when it pertains to calling football soccer .. let them do what they want , there planning on taking over the world soon..
Too late they out of the planning and in the implementation stage now. Nike have a very strong foot hold in Football. Soon everyody will give up and start calling it soccer. Nike paying men to do commercials. If they tell big players call it soccer in the ads and they start, is only a matter of time befor the world follow.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 01:03:49 AM »

how populair do you think the usa is in europe?
NOT

dont expect nike or some other brand to change the biggest sport in the world.
dont expect europe to accept this,they will not.

let the usa just play their own nice little games,baseball,football.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 04:15:09 AM »
 boy allure right yes i tired have argument with them fellars here in the Navy about the difference between their football and we football and they think they right to call it football although almost the whole game is played with the OVAL shaped BALL in their HANDS and if i do get one to agree with me they will call it futbol well atleast it's a start

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 04:46:45 AM »
But Statistically the Best Franchise in all Sport is Definately the NY Yankees.. followed by Manchester united...

This has to be some kind of a joke. United isn't even the most successful English club, much less for "all of Sport"
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 05:37:00 AM »
When I was at Vodafone, they set out to Sponsor Ferrari and Man United because they were two of the three biggest names in world sport. NY Yankees being the other. The Yankees obviously do not take sponsorship in the way football and F1 teams do.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 06:25:59 AM »

This has to be some kind of a joke. United isn't even the most successful English club, much less for "all of Sport"

I think 'successfull' in this case may be a misnomer

Not sure if it means fiscally... or in terms of sporting accolades and titles
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 06:40:55 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 06:37:01 AM »
If allyuh talking trophies, sides like Celtic and Ajax probably win more trophies than all them franchises u call there.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 06:38:31 AM »
Success in this sense would probably be the amount of merchandise sold world wide.

I'm pretty sure Celtic would be up there as well. They have a huge following globally.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 07:12:48 AM »
I know Montreal Canadians have 24 championships, so there 3rd :beermug:

I actually think it is the other way around , Manu is the most successful followed by the NY Yankee's. Some years back they actually signed a business deal that would have the two brands marketed together."Game recognize game", I guess.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 07:57:29 AM »
If allyuh talking trophies, sides like Celtic and Ajax probably win more trophies than all them franchises u call there.
Wow thats a good point,but i don"t think they consider it that way,but rather a team winning the same

title continually. Maybe because americans only have one title per sport .

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 08:27:29 AM »
Too late they out of the planning and in the implementation stage now. Nike have a very strong foot hold in Football. Soon everyody will give up and start calling it soccer. Nike paying men to do commercials. If they tell big players call it soccer in the ads and they start, is only a matter of time befor the world follow.

Far fetched and very unlikely switch.  The world will not cease to call it football, cause soccer is used to not confuse the game with American football.  No body else ain't really playing American football like in the US, so ther is no reason to try to distinguish between the two outside of the US,except for Maybe Australia and Ireland.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:38:09 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 08:35:09 AM »
Australia renamed its football federation to Football Australia from Soccer australia this year as they found Soccer was proving very unpopular as a name and it did not help in its marketing when the rest of the world called it football.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 08:40:43 AM »
Australia renamed its football federation to Football Australia from Soccer australia this year as they found Soccer was proving very unpopular as a name and it did not help in its marketing when the rest of the world called it football.

I know.  But it will be hard to undo the Socceroo nickname.  The game also competes with Australian Rules Football, so they have a very uphill task to make people start calling the game football in Australia.  I don't really agree with their reason for the change, cause the US is doing quite well in marketing the game under the label of soccer.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 08:44:40 AM »
In Ireland it is Football. Some of the staunch Gaelic Football fans call it soccer, but it is generally football as opposed to Irish or Gaelic Football (Which, along with Hurling the other Irish sport, is played by absolute lunatics :o)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 08:50:16 AM »
San Juan Jabloteh....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 08:56:37 AM »

You make a good  point..

However the Americans decide to market their sport thats their business.

One thing is fuh sure.. The most popular and best sport in the Wold is hands down Football.. or as the gracious Americans transformed it to "Soccer"..
I beleive that Liverpool is the most accomplished team in England. Real Madrid has won the most European titles.

Man U is the most VALUABLE, that is Financially only.
TnT Patriot

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 09:25:41 AM »
In Ireland it is Football. Some of the staunch Gaelic Football fans call it soccer, but it is generally football as opposed to Irish or Gaelic Football (Which, along with Hurling the other Irish sport, is played by absolute lunatics :o)

Thanks.  I guess my Irish friend is one of those staunch Gaelic Football fans.  I asked him what name the game was referred to by and he said soccer.  He then went on to say something about not wanting Gaelic Football to lose its prominence among the sports in Ireland.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 10:16:08 AM »
malick

what a dumb question!!!!!!!! who better?????????
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 06:10:17 AM »

An Aussie is having his 'petit dejeuner' (coffee, croissants, bread, butter & jam) when an American man, chewing gum, sits down next to him. The Aussie ignores the American who, never the less, starts a conversation. American: "You Aussie folk eat the whole bread??" Aussie (in a bad mood): "Of course." American: (after blowing a huge bubble) "We don't. In the States, we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to Australia." The American has a smirk on his face. The Aussie listens in silence. The American persists: "D'ya eat jam with the bread??" Aussie: "Of course." American: (cracking his gum between his teeth and chuckling). "We don't. In the States we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and left overs in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam and sell the jam to Australia." The Aussie then asks: "Do you have sex in America?" American: "Why of course we do", the American says with a big smirk. Aussie: And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?" American: "We throw them away, of course." Aussie: "We don't. In Australia, we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them down into chewing gum and sell them to America."

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 07:15:51 AM »

Thanks.  I guess my Irish friend is one of those staunch Gaelic Football fans.  I asked him what name the game was referred to by and he said soccer.  He then went on to say something about not wanting Gaelic Football to lose its prominence among the sports in Ireland.

Sport in Ireland was quite a big political issue. Under British rule, the Gaelic language was banned except for at sporting events, so it would attract big crowds of people who just wanted to talk Irish. Now the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) tries still to distance itself from Football and Rugby, which is why the Irish Rugby and Football teams play in a dilapidated stadium at Landsdowne Road and Hurling and Gaelic Football are played a couple of miles away in the brand new 80,000 capacity Croke Park (Pronounced crowe park). If the GAA had allowed the Irish FA to host football at Croke Park, Ireland and Scotland would probably have been successful in their joint bid to host the European Championships, but unfortunately stubbornness won.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 09:08:43 AM »

But UTD is the MOST FINANCIALLY SUCCESSFUL club in DE WORLD!!!

GLORY!! GLORY!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 02:17:52 AM »

how can you call a sport that is played in one country in the world the most successfull?

1]; } ?>