April 27, 2024, 08:15:28 AM

Author Topic: Jabloteh vs Metrostars report  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Jabloteh vs Metrostars report
« on: March 15, 2005, 08:26:47 PM »
Gents,

Well I cyar say this is a report but I will fill you in on some action that took place.

When I left the stadium when they had a small scuffle on the field Jabloteh had 9 men. Metro stars were leading 3-2 and it was non stop action ALL night.

If we are to qualify for Germany all we have to do is let the Jabloteh side put on the national colours and run out.

This team would have won the Copa Caribee with ease and we would have distressed the Americans on Ash wed.

Talk about Speed, tactical awareness, excellent possession, movement off the ball, fitness and most of all skills and aggression, with a real fighting spirit.

I saw it vs Tivoli gardens when they rough them up and manners them but tonight against the metrostars Jabloteh real play ball.

Metrostars took their chances well and the last goal was a real beauty a bullet from 30 yards.

The second item was a man running up the wing and crossing the ball for a player to slot home. I cant remember the first goal.

Jabloteh items were good a deadly cross was swung in and the deender fumbled with led to the jabloteh striker putting it away.

They second item was some neat passes, a long ball sent tru where nigel pierre flicked the ball with a back header unto the fwd who ran away and slotted home.

Jabloteh scored another but it was deemed offside.

This jabloteh squad was firing bullet at the post and there was a header on goal froma cross which came orf a defender. I dont know how it didnt score.

This is the first team to trap and pass accurately, plenty pretty flick and when they have the ball wich was about 70% of the time it was just wave after wave of attack and they look like scoring and they had a clue.

OVERS Stern John and Yorke and put in the jabloteh fwds who have speed and who running.

Nigel daniel have real speed and is the answer for the wingback position. The man was sending accurate pin point bullet crosses over and over with pressure on him, dribbling when necessary and he tackling good. Why he cyar make the squad is anyones guess when the man know what he doing.

Also the most talented midfielder we have right now not on the socawarriors team.......Aurthis whitley/Otis Seaton is the man.

Fellas the man good...he tackling, have a bullet, he moving into space, he have speed and he have beat and skills for days. Bertie and the ttff have to be real chupid to leave this man orf the side.

Even though Jab lorse its because they had 9 men and even still they were running and playing ball. When you watch team playing good ball like Jab you doe mind that they lorse, because you could say its hard luck, the amount of chances that were created and saved and the level of entertainment make you want to watch football.

As for Metrostars.........they didnt have a clue, they were chasing shadows whole game but when they got the fast break they fwds nippy and slot it home when it mattered.

Please TTFF/Bertie......the slow fwds we have ent cutting it. Trap and screen from Yorke and stern and the boom kick from the inefficient wingbacks ent cutting it.

Call back Shaka and Andrews and put in the Jabloteh team. We will make germany easy.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh vs Metrostars report
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 08:35:46 PM »
Jablotea looking good i tought they woulda get licks
well done sanjuan' who score the goalss though

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 10:32:07 PM »

Talk about Speed, tactical awareness, excellent possession, movement off the ball, fitness and most of all skills and aggression, with a real fighting spirit.

Please TTFF/Bertie......the slow fwds we have ent cutting it. Trap and screen from Yorke and stern and the boom kick from the inefficient wingbacks ent cutting it.

I am assuming that Pierre didn't play. He is clinical but he is hardly a speedster.

Who is coaching  Jabloteh now?

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 03:19:08 AM »
How did Ian Gray, Travis Mulraine and Josh Johnson do...????
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 05:22:11 AM »
I was not at the game but I am know what the PFL has in terms of players,tatics and general pace!Looking at Jabloteh play  and the national team the difference tells you that our national teams are blighted by poor management!Think about this,Army,Fire,NE Stars,W Connection does run Jabloteh and actually if you think about it,what did Jabloteh win last year!
tell them it was me

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 06:50:38 AM »
This Jabloteh team should put on national colours?  They get 3 man sent off in a friendly game and the wildest man of all Cyd Gray ent even come off the bench yet or it could have been 4!   
Here's a look at that Jabloteh team:

Daurance Williams - already in T&T squad; hopefully won't be needed
Charles Pollard - Guyanese
Trent Noel - has been there before
Keyeno Thomas - Already in T&T squad
Angus Eve - capitain of T&T squad
Kerry Baptiste - Already in T&T squad, fringe player
Ansil Elcock - way past his prime
Nicholas Addlery - Jamaican
Nigel Daniel - should be drafted in
Nigel Pierre - Already in squad, should he start over stern and glen??
Aurtis Whitley - should be drafted in

Based on this the only men that can add something extra to the national team are Whitely and Daniel but they have both represented T&T before so they are no big surprise.  Have they been showing up to the training sessions? Will be interesting to see if the MLS scouts feel the same way and offer them trials.

Also I find it a little hard to believe that a team which inlcudes Angus Eve, Ancil Elcock and Nigel Pierre could be that much faster and fitter than our national team.  But say what, if they playing better football than the national team is probably because of better coaching and tactics or the fact that the players are more accustomed with each other.  Or the weakness of the opposition.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 07:23:50 AM »
Was any of the national team technical staff at the game?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 08:55:09 AM »
So yuh see?  Instead of collecting Frequent Flier miles going Englad to watch Stern and them play, Bertille need to be watching more local football.  Arrow, remember that in football the sum of the parts is not always as good as the complete package, meaning although you call men player by player and they not too hot, team chemistry has a lot to do with success.  And that is what Jabloteh clearly has.  So although Ancil and Angus Eve there and you find they below standard, remember that this is a squad that has been training and playing together for some time now.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 09:47:45 AM »
I agree that team chemistry has a lot to do with performance but do you think England would ever play a full Everton squad in the world cup simply because they've been playing together instead of calling in Owen, Beckham etc. ?
Also look at our Digicel squad they had been playing and training together for several months, they should have developed good chemistry by the finals but did their performance reflect this?  I believe our World Cup squad with the foreign based that played against the USA would have won that tournament.

Anyway my point was that 5 of those players are already in the current national training squad, 2 are foreigners, and 1 is retired.  So that leaves only 3 players that are not currently in the mix and they should get a look if they can add something. 

Finally, what will happen if W Connection plays the MetroStars and wins their match on Friday.  Do we then drop all the Jabloteh players and play only W Connection players?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 09:52:06 AM »
Is not now dat Jabloteh playin good football with a total local side.

But we eh have good players at home.

And if yuh want to mek a point sayin dat dey eh total local because alegedly a yardie and guyanese playin...no problem...dat is what it have foreign based pro for.

It would be real interestin to see de national team play Metro Stars and see who would do better.

Better yet...jes let dem play Jabloteh and see how much licks dey go get.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 05:21:43 PM »
Breds I want you all to see the team listing tomorrow in the official report and compare the sides.

I understand the arguement you all putting fwd but the team chemistry and pace is something the national team doe have. Also this Jabloteh side was playing like a well oiled coached machine and they look like they have an idea. I cant say the same for the Warriors who ent make any considerable improvement.

Pierre was slow on the field but his attacking partner whoever it was had speed so as Pierre lay orf the ball the other man was running to goal.

Eve play good believe it or not and the few free kicks that Jabloteh did had Imagination and they were effective.

Daniel is better than anywing back Bertie experiment with thus far and Whitley is the best midfielder TT have currently.

The supporting midfield all have something that the current national team doe have.

Ancil elcock was the purger in the back, ove beating and lorsing the ball on occasion but he play with heart and if you remember the game against the Brazilians which was his last in national colours he showed he was still able to handle it. Not his best game but the man still is competent.

I doe think you realise that PFL standard has improved, but lemme say this.

The locals who was on show yesterday play much better than what I have seen from the national team. I ent want to equate Antigua, St vincent, St kitts and Barbados with the Metrostars, but Metrostars to me.......yes my opinion, better than them national teams and the warriors lorse and struggle with theses sides. Jabloteh more than handle this team.

TEAM CHEMISTRY, player selection and COACHING is the reasons why the warriors struggling right now. Bertie shoulda watch Jabloteh last night and see how  a TT team supposed to look.

Scott sealy was in the stands, someone looking like fitzpatrick was on the metrostars bench and the whole w connection team and the pro leage ceo dexter skene were among those I saw in the stands.

When tv6 show the clips later tonight all the doubters go hush. 

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 06:17:57 PM »
Touches...I fuh one know yuh talkin gospel dey.

I tired say......whoever handlin Jabloteh doin a real good job and is NOT because we eh have no talent in T&T.

So if we have talent, Jabloteh playin decent football with a 90% local squad....wha people tink is de difference between de National team and how dey playin and Jabloteh?

To be fair....bear in mind Metro Stars now in pre season trainin.  Dem now start.  Unfamiliar conditions etc.  But I bettin...if we National team dat went Barbados fuh de Digicel Cup play Jabloteh....Jabloteh playin better football...GUARANTEE.  And de national team trainin together fuh over a year so de chemistry lyrics doh apply.  If is anybody should have CHEMISTRY is de National team.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 07:30:58 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 06:44:19 AM »
It sounds like everyone is dancing around the issue like they fraid to come out and say that it appears that Jabloteh is a better managed outfit than the national team.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 08:16:50 AM »
I dont mean to beat a dead horse, PFL football is decent,this same Jabloteh team eh win a thing last year ???.N East Stars,Connection,Army all beat this side.With exception to the foreign based, all local based posters should not be suprised.T&T team need an objective coach (which most likely will be foreign) to get the best 20-30 players to play for T&T.
Refering to "fans of T&T Football"I really get pissed when T&T play and you go to games see these buggers sitting quiet and when they do say something it is negative you make noise they watch you like is kiss meh ass church! >:( I dont see these 'FANS" on Sunday evening watching say Army playing Connection or reaching earlier to see the U20 game.So all this talk and analysis say alot about how much of us here truly follow our football! :o
tell them it was me

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 09:27:40 AM »
I dont mean to beat a dead horse, PFL football is decent,this same Jabloteh team eh win a thing last year ???.N East Stars,Connection,Army all beat this side.With exception to the foreign based, all local based posters should not be suprised.T&T team need an objective coach (which most likely will be foreign) to get the best 20-30 players to play for T&T.
Refering to "fans of T&T Football"I really get pissed when T&T play and you go to games see these buggers sitting quiet and when they do say something it is negative you make noise they watch you like is kiss meh ass church! >:( I dont see these 'FANS" on Sunday evening watching say Army playing Connection or reaching earlier to see the U20 game.So all this talk and analysis say alot about how much of us here truly follow our football! :o

Ironman, yuh damn right... I was blue vex on ash wednesday. Just like yuh say them ppl like they in church. Ppl watching me like i mad... I only bawling order, order when USA attack. What I want to know is why the loudspeaker wasnt playing music throughout. cuz halftime de whole crowd jumping and waving.
Is only spectators we have in trini... it eh have no real fans. More than who here on de board
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 11:37:04 AM »
It is a fact that some club teams have better organization, training, and chemistry than National Teams.  Yuh would bet Man U or Chelsea or Arsenal cyah beat an England select team?  Let me take it away from football.  The Lakers and Bulls Championship teams, yuh doh think dey coulda beat an NBA All Star squad...a collective group dat is loaded with talent but one which is not as organized or as seasoned as a group?  Now this also brings up another point.  It is known that teams who have a core group of players that are groomed as Nationals from de youth level all the way to Senior have tremendous chemistry.  Croatia was a good example.  De Strike Squad was another....not only players wearing National Colours on a regular basis but outside of that realm too...dem Sando Tech players weren't easy as we all know...dey brought instant chemistry to de national Team.  Dis talk of Jabloteh players mostly being picked due to chemistry reasons etc. is an old point.  I hearing dat since ASL Sports Club days and Trintoc.  Like Crazy say - I hear dat already.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 11:48:25 AM »
Around 1995/6 when Ajax had that fantastic team (Kluivert, Van der Sar, Davids et al) the dutch national team did field all the dutch Ajax players, (8 in total as George, Kanu and Litmanen were non dutch players), they were still defeated in the European Cup despite their 'chemistry'.  You have to pick your best players.  Trinidadians need to think of more sensible, long term solutions for achieving success.

1]; } ?>