April 18, 2024, 07:31:42 PM

Author Topic: West Ham vs. Liverpool  (Read 27379 times)

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: West Ham vs. Liverpool
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2006, 10:48:04 PM »
well done l-pool.. :applause: :applause:....hard luck shaka...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2006, 11:54:20 PM »
I am not a big Steven Gerrard fan eh, but the man tizzic. That 2nd goal was class all the way. Unless Jack is superman in disguise, he wasn't getting that. Superblue in disguise maybe.

What is the real issue in that game though, is that we all know gerrard capable of that shot at any time, yet West ham leave the man open to string up the goalie with 4 mins left in the Fa cup final.
And it leave my streak intact. every time i see Shaka on Tv he does get string up, no crap goals like the 2 reyna let in. (this 1st one was a hard luck)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2006, 01:31:15 AM »
picture this your country on the brink of reaching the world cup for the first time and is the 85th minute...you decide to thrw the ball up in the air with a playerfrom the other team right by yuh and he score.....the referee is a different person and callit goal and bahrain head to the world cup!!!!!!!!
then what you wouldah call it....
fact of the matter is,,1,west ham get to the final on shaka back......... 2. shaka keeping in the premier league 3.if somebody was markingthe damn man he wouldnt get space for that shot..at that point you cant blaime the keeper.....4 didnt jack just get embarassed by the peruvian stirker??? 5 who yuh rather a man who play against gerrard already andlampard or a man who didnt....6 the fact that shaka still playing today and everybody else done seems like a successful season and a damn good keeper to me....7 jack is younger yes but he rEAL crazy and real suspect...this is not guatemala and panama...this is wsweden and england...it is not the same....is like mensaying rougier could be holding midfielder for trini in the world cup...holding what holdingsome beat thats what...holding wind...alyuh does just talk up sometimes yes.....

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2006, 01:58:06 AM »
picture this your country on the brink of reaching the world cup for the first time and is the 85th minute...you decide to thrw the ball up in the air with a playerfrom the other team right by yuh and he score.....the referee is a different person and callit goal and bahrain head to the world cup!!!!!!!!
then what you wouldah call it....
fact of the matter is,,1,west ham get to the final on shaka back......... 2. shaka keeping in the premier league 3.if somebody was markingthe damn man he wouldnt get space for that shot..at that point you cant blaime the keeper.....4 didnt jack just get embarassed by the peruvian stirker??? 5 who yuh rather a man who play against gerrard already andlampard or a man who didnt....6 the fact that shaka still playing today and everybody else done seems like a successful season and a damn good keeper to me....7 jack is younger yes but he rEAL crazy and real suspect...this is not guatemala and panama...this is wsweden and england...it is not the same....is like mensaying rougier could be holding midfielder for trini in the world cup...holding what holdingsome beat thats what...holding wind...alyuh does just talk up sometimes yes.....

:applause:  first off good post man.....I personally want Shaka for most of the above reasons too....

but it seems to me in the past that Beenhakker has a biased towards Jack....and honestly I trust de man judgement....he's seems to bring the best out of our players....so even if Jack in a lower league I truly believe he could be the better keeper for T&T.....so I happy both ways.....but as of now I really do feel that position could go to either person, and it will depend on the upcoming friendlies and how each of them perform.... :beermug:

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2006, 06:03:53 AM »
Look if Jack cud show consistency like he did for de Peru game, I wouldn't feel nervous with he between de sticks. But, he hasn't been cosnsistent. That true for Ince too. Dis man (Ince) spend too much time outside he box and let men score goals.

Leh we see what happen during de friendlies and hope Beenie make de right decision.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 06:59:29 AM by CarenageBoy »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2006, 06:47:01 AM »
When fit....Jack is CURRENTLY the better goalie of the 2.  If was Shaka savin against Peru....we woulda concede more dan de 1 we let een.  Shaka simply isn't as mobile as he used to be.

When fit and motivated....Ince is probably the best of the 3.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First Blood West Ham!
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2006, 07:01:17 AM »
If West Ham had Jack saving dey woulda win the FA Cup!!

Nuttin personal dey breds, but what planet u from? If Jack wuz between dee sticks West Ham wudda gone down 10 to nuttin.  ::)

Go Shaka!!!!

ah think he is being sarcastic.

If sarcasm is intended, then Arrow please accept my apologies.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2006, 08:35:25 AM »

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2006, 10:21:22 AM »
thanks..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2006, 12:02:03 PM »
I am not a big Steven Gerrard fan eh, but the man tizzic. That 2nd goal was class all the way. Unless Jack is superman in disguise, he wasn't getting that. Superblue in disguise maybe.

What is the real issue in that game though, is that we all know gerrard capable of that shot at any time, yet West ham leave the man open to string up the goalie with 4 mins left in the Fa cup final.
And it leave my streak intact. every time i see Shaka on Tv he does get string up, no crap goals like the 2 reyna let in. (this 1st one was a hard luck.

Truth be told, Gentlemen, i'm sure all or some of us have played some kind of competitive football at some point in our lives, whether it be at the secondary school level, or in the cities where we all now reside or whatever, and we can at least be reasonable and fair in our judgement. That being said: Who in their right mind really think that Shaka had a chance on ANY of them three goals that Liverpool scored?!?  Truth be told, currently, Ince really is the best out of the three of them.........but he and Jack are not consistent.  As big a fan of Shaka's as I am, I do concede that he has lost a step, but he is the most consistent of the three and, aside from the HOWLER against Guatemala he is not as error-prone as Kelvin Jack is.  Kelvin Jack is making the kind of errors (and worse) that Shaka was making when he was playing for Newcastle, losing his cool and arguing with officials when needing to focus on the game (Bahrain, game 1) mis-kicking and giving the ball to Landon Donovan on top of the 18-yard box (USA game in Connectucut), dropping crosses at opponents' feet for them to score (Dundee, three weeks ago) and who could forget the disallowed goal in Bahrain?  Besides, as big a gap in quality as there is between T&T and the other three teams in our group (do we REALLY think we can beat ANY of those three teams when they are fielding a FULL INTERNATIONAL SQUAD, PLAYING FOR ALL THE MARBLES?!?) is it really our goalkeeping that is going to make a difference for us.  Give me Shaka until Jack or Clayton can be consistent.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2006, 02:22:15 PM »
Truth be told, Gentlemen, i'm sure all or some of us have played some kind of competitive football at some point in our lives, whether it be at the secondary school level, or in the cities where we all now reside or whatever, and we can at least be reasonable and fair in our judgement. That being said: Who in their right mind really think that Shaka had a chance on ANY of them three goals that Liverpool scored?!?  Truth be told, currently, Ince really is the best out of the three of them.........but he and Jack are not consistent.  As big a fan of Shaka's as I am, I do concede that he has lost a step, but he is the most consistent of the three and, aside from the HOWLER against Guatemala he is not as error-prone as Kelvin Jack is.  Kelvin Jack is making the kind of errors (and worse) that Shaka was making when he was playing for Newcastle, losing his cool and arguing with officials when needing to focus on the game (Bahrain, game 1) mis-kicking and giving the ball to Landon Donovan on top of the 18-yard box (USA game in Connectucut), dropping crosses at opponents' feet for them to score (Dundee, three weeks ago) and who could forget the disallowed goal in Bahrain?  Besides, as big a gap in quality as there is between T&T and the other three teams in our group (do we REALLY think we can beat ANY of those three teams when they are fielding a FULL INTERNATIONAL SQUAD, PLAYING FOR ALL THE MARBLES?!?) is it really our goalkeeping that is going to make a difference for us.  Give me Shaka until Jack or Clayton can be consistent.

Given our defence....shots going to be coming in regular on our goalie.  Shaka USED TO BE a good shot stooper...nah...an excellent shot stopper.  Sad to say...now.....shots come his way and he frequently stretchin & failin to get because
1 - HE LATE GOIN AFTER DE BALL
2 - NO LONGER HAS THE AGILITY THAT HE HAD BEFORE

Shaka was never that good at coming off of his line re: the cross ball.

What Shaka does have is the experience and a commanding presence with his defenders.

If Ince is ON in the training camp....and performs like how he can....he should be #1.

But Jack always gives it his all and we ALL saw AGAIN why Jack is currently number 1

Yes...he is prone to the calamitious error....but more oten than not...at least ONCE in every game...he makes the save to keep the team in it.  He is another one who isn't that good with the cross ball but he is probably the best shot stopper of them all.

I believe that shot stopping ability is going to be more of an asset to the team than the error prone issue.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2006, 04:35:21 PM »
I ain't know if dis was spoken about high up.Question to de masses.We all know dat Jack save we a$$ with dat last min shot from the Bahrain striker.How many of you honestly believe Shaka would have save dat shot ? Dis ain't dissing nobody ah just want honest oppinion.I for one like Shaka but ah doh think he would've move fast enough to save dat shot.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2006, 04:50:34 PM »
Jack have the edge on shaka with his extremely fast reaction time. That is something that cant really be regained when lost...not even taught.
Now how i see it is this:
Jack has a problem handling his crosses....and generally holding on to an aerial ball. No scene.....Carlos and Samuel both need to work on their delivery......so jus have he dealing with crosses whole day.....improve on his flaws. Admittedly....Shaka in terms of his experience unmatched....but sometimes reaction time saves yuh skin.Sometimes Jack doh inspire confidence in me with his handling...buh whoever get the nod at the end of the day.....we go hadda live with it. Dat is a difficult choice to make...and thank god me eh hadda make it nah!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2006, 04:56:14 PM »
Jack have the edge on shaka with his extremely fast reaction time. That is something that cant really be regained when lost...not even taught.
Now how i see it is this:
Jack has a problem handling his crosses....and generally holding on to an aerial ball. No scene.....Carlos and Samuel both need to work on their delivery......so jus have he dealing with crosses whole day.....improve on his flaws. Admittedly....Shaka in terms of his experience unmatched....but sometimes reaction time saves yuh skin.Sometimes Jack doh inspire confidence in me with his handling...buh whoever get the nod at the end of the day.....we go hadda live with it. Dat is a difficult choice to make...and thank god me eh hadda make it nah!

funny enough Shaka is the most experienced and probably the most solid overall however jack has the best reaction time and then Ince is far better handling arial balls than both Shaka and Jack... there really isnt any clear cut candidate.

its a real dilemma. I trust that Don Leo will make the correct desicion.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »
I ain't know if dis was spoken about high up.Question to de masses.We all know dat Jack save we a$$ with dat last min shot from the Bahrain striker.How many of you honestly believe Shaka would have save dat shot ? Dis ain't dissing nobody ah just want honest oppinion.I for one like Shaka but ah doh think he would've move fast enough to save dat shot.

Jack did make at least one great save in the second Bahrain game. However, his inconsistency showed up in both games. He had to be saved by defenders at leat once in each of the two games. In the second game, he spent more time making blunders than making great saves. The results in both games could have easily gone the other way.

My issue with Jack is simply a matter of consistency. If he showed more consistency, I would feel more comfortable with him between the sticks. When he's the goal keeper and the other guys are approaching the goal, I hold my breath in absolute fear.

It's not like he (Jack) is a newbie or something. He should be much more settled in by now. I would expect inconsistency from Warner (who I think has great growth potential).

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2006, 07:43:08 PM »
Days for shot blockers done...........das i of d main reasons Shaka still playing

most teams want goalkeepers.........someone who is good allround

Jack is not..............he very eratic and does not command his area at all............how much times u c Jack come an claim corners or crosses??

Ince is very good at crosses, and also a goos shot blocker...........not too good with his feet tho..........

we doh jus need a good shot blocker.......we need sumone 2 command the defence properly

unfortunately 4 us, our 3 keepers all lack in a certain department............we doh really hav 3 goalkeepers

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2006, 07:53:48 PM »
Days for shot blockers done...........das i of d main reasons Shaka still playing

most teams want goalkeepers.........someone who is good allround

Jack is not..............he very eratic and does not command his area at all............how much times u c Jack come an claim corners or crosses??

Ince is very good at crosses, and also a goos shot blocker...........not too good with his feet tho..........

we doh jus need a good shot blocker.......we need sumone 2 command the defence properly

unfortunately 4 us, our 3 keepers all lack in a certain department............we doh really hav 3 goalkeepers

Jack is #1 until Beenie say otherwise.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »
shaka couldnt really stop any ah de goals but he din make any or many saves of note

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »
shaka couldnt really stop any ah de goals but he din make any or many saves of note

Anybody that has played and/or coached the goalkeeping position, Brej, will tell you that "....the best saves a goalkeeper can make are the ones he doesn't have to..."  A goalkeeper that has good command of and communication with his defense is not put in as many positions to pull off "....any or many saves of note" as one who doesn't.  "Jay 10" is absolutely correct in his assessment of our goalkeeping position but the general consensus among the goalkeeping staff (players and coaches) on the team is that Clayton Ince actually is the best shot stopper of the three of them, but Shaka is the best all around goalkeeper as far as his prescence and experience are concerned.........but he has lost quite a bit of his speed.  Yes, Kelvin Jack is a very good shot stopper, but hes a mistake waiting to happen.  David James is a very good shot-stopper, too but, barring a life threatening injury, you won't be seeing him stating fo England no time soon over Paul Robinson.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>