April 19, 2024, 10:46:07 AM

Author Topic: Like NOBODY want to go Man Boo anymore  (Read 5839 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Like NOBODY want to go Man Boo anymore
« on: May 14, 2006, 07:02:18 AM »
Chelsea call Ballack press conference for Monday

Source: Soccernet.com
[/color]

LONDON, May 14 (Reuters) - Chelsea are set to complete the free transfer of Bayern Munich and Germany midfielder Michael Ballack this weekend and will hold a news conference with the player on Monday.

The Premiership champions announced the Stamford Bridge news conference on Sunday but gave no details of any contract.

Ballack, a superb all-round midfielder, played his final match with German champions Bayern on Saturday and was jeered by the team's fans.

In his four years at the club he won three Bundesliga titles and three German cups. Ballack joined Bayern having helped Bayer Leverkusen to the 2002 final of the Champions League.

He was first linked with a move to Chelsea in February but denied British newspaper reports that he had signed a four-year deal with the club worth £25million.

However, as the season progressed it became increasingly obvious that he would join up with coach Jose Mourinho at the club funded by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich.

Frustrated by jeering and whistling from the Bayern fans, the 29-year-old said last Friday: 'I think my decision should be accepted and I shouldn't be kicked around any more about it.

After another poor reception at the start of Saturday's 3-3 home draw with Borussia Dortmund, he said: 'The fans are sensitive to what is said. But I always tried hard to do my job and that should be honoured.

'I want a new challenge now. I've got to accept some jeering. It shows I was an important player but it does hurt.

'I was not able to make a decision sooner and couldn't force a decision just because Bayern managers demanded one. There are a lot of others at Bayern who don't know whether they have a future at Bayern Munich or not.

'I've had a great time here and felt good with a great team that won a lot of titles,' he said.

Chelsea's other main transfer target is reported to be AC Milan and Ukraine striker Andriy Shevchenko.

The team will hold an open-topped bus Premiership victory parade in west London later on Sunday.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Like NOBODY want to go Man Boo anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:09:45 AM »
This is one of the most shameless examples of tabloid posting I have ever seen...  :devil: :-[
The article doesn't even mention the Mighty Reds. Palos, I feel you have a tabanca for ManU.  :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 08:31:23 AM »
This is one of the most shameless examples of tabloid posting I have ever seen...  :devil: :-[
The article doesn't even mention the Mighty Reds. Palos, I feel you have a tabanca for ManU.  :rotfl:

If you had been following FOOTBALL over the year, you would know that Ferguson had openly coveted Ballack and during the transfer period in January there was endless speculation in the English press that Ballack was on his way to Man Boo.

Now Ballack, like Ronaldinho before him, said thanks but HELL NO to Man Boo.

But is ok....allyuh have that world class talent Ezra right?  ;)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 09:22:51 AM »

If you had been following FOOTBALL over the year, you would know that Ferguson had openly coveted Ballack and during the transfer period in January there was endless speculation in the English press that Ballack was on his way to Man Boo.

Now Ballack, like Ronaldinho before him, said thanks but HELL NO to Man Boo.

But is ok....allyuh have that world class talent Ezra right?  ;)
could it really be that you have missed the point? You title metions ManU, yet the body of the article makes no mention of the team. The article is about Ballack. It is not news that ManU coveted Ballack... thanks for pointing that out by the way... the rest of the football public appreciates it.

Ezra is VERY good...  :devil:  ::)

(ah have ah tabanca... ManU tabanca)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 09:24:36 AM »
everyone going chelsea for money.... not passion for the game....  we are not interested in money sucking players....

dont worry just like real madrid... chelsea will experience that money cant buy you everything...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 10:17:24 AM »

we are not interested in money sucking players....

REALLY!!

Més que un club.

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »
you doh worry nah , man u will get the players they need , ballack wouldv'e been nice to have , but if furgy decides that he doesnt want to pay millions more and buss he budget , thas nothin , cause he will get someone else..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 10:27:49 AM »
Palos have a real man utd tabanca for real boy. he acting like is Utd alone who wanted Ballack... Wenger wanted him too. So to did inter, Juve and milan but Chelsea holding de dollars these days so thats where he will end up. Few players in the world today play for a club for sportiing reasons... a few.. most try to maximise income in the short playing time that they have.

Make no mistake Utd have a great deal of catching up to do but the CL run shouldn't cloud the fact that Assnal ent won nothing for the season yet but a date to get a cut arse from Barca in Paris.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 10:30:09 AM »
everyone going chelsea for money.... not passion for the game....  we are not interested in money sucking players....

lol Man u men callin other teams rich-boys and ting, dat real funny.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 10:44:31 AM »

Ent?  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 06:23:58 PM »
thats why man utd is still one of the richest teams in the world....they can compete in the transfer market...but...it never really was fergies way.......how many players came through chelsea's youth programme ???......one day they will bust....no two ways about it....all roman's dirty money will dry up and scorn will be heaped on him....most of his "friends" are locked away in russian jails.....man u forever
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline chelsea64

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 06:29:33 PM »

It made me laugh too.
Come on the Chels.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 06:31:19 PM »
I know utd are rich.... but they dont use it in the transfer market....

only chelsea these days splash out the cash...but there 5 year plan will end....   unlike United 20 year guarantee to never finish lower than 3rd

Chelsea  3 titles lol....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »
I know utd are rich.... but they dont use it in the transfer market....

only chelsea these days splash out the cash...but there 5 year plan will end....   unlike United 20 year guarantee to never finish lower than 3rd

Chelsea  3 titles lol....

I guess Van Nistelroy, Rooney, Ronaldo, Park, Ferdinand, Van Der Sar, Heinze, Saha, etc all came through United youth ranks eh?  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 05:52:32 AM »
answer de questions palos......did i say all utd players came through the yth ranks???.....answer de question....how many chealsea players came through????....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 05:55:14 AM »
sorry....dat was me BIG MAG  by the way....yea palos ???

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 06:16:41 AM »
speaking of de youth squad.....i could imagine rossi playing next season.....de man could play
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 07:19:14 AM »
if chelsea get Ballack and Shevchenko......dat go be real pressure....i really doh tink any other EPL team have a chance oui  ;D

but seriously I think a lot of people scorn Chelsea, cause they doing exactly what Man U, Real Madrid and all the wealthy teams doing for years(buying big name players)....but they just doing it at a faster rate since they now getting funded.....so I find it funny when Man U fans(and all de other fans) get worked up over Chelsea spending when they just as guilty.....

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 09:09:42 AM »
Men does talk real tats on here at times you know. NO EPL team has EVER spent money like Chelsea. They have spent more money in the last 3 years than Utd, Assnal and most of the other teams combined.

No one can dispute that Utd and other teams have spent quality money on players but there are two major differences:

1. The foundation of Utd's wealth and success was homegrown, all the way from Busby babes to the Becks/neville, scholes, giggs generation. Cantona, and later Yorke ad Cole were icing on the top of the youths whom Alan Hansen said couldn't win shit.

Utd's wealth was accumulated over a long period of time where the team created a connection with fans, and the club's success, along with it becoming a PLC, made it one of the richest in the world. The current players at Utd are later additions to the squad that came long after the team was wealthy and was forced to pay more than market value for players that they wanted (ala Essien last year). However even in their heyday as big spenders, their was still a limit to what Fergie was allowed to spend. And other big European club also acted a a check against Utd during this time as well because of the competition for players.

Chelsea on the other hand is trying to circumvent history and trying to buy a tradition in the process, and they are finding that no matter how hard they try, they are still not beloved as a Utd, Pool, Madrid or Barca. Also they can spend $$$ in a league of their own with no real or imagined limits. What other club do you know that can sustain losses of $140 million pounds?

There is no other team that can outbid them or even come close. That said, I certainly don't begrude them their money because at the end of the day, its still 11 v 11 on the field, and anything can happen. But I hate hearing the comparision between Utd and Chelsea because there are no real similarities other than they both have had to pay beyond market value for players they wanted. Utd's early success created its wealth... Chelsea's wealth created its success.

Ballack or no Ballack... this coming season will prove to be very difficult for them.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 09:12:53 AM »
why thank you truthseeker.....seek no more....thats the truth....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »
And how will this season be difficult for Chelsea?

In addition, for a while now certain players have been spurning Man U's big-money advances in favour of clubs or leagues where they play more attractive football, like Italy and Spain.  That is, they chose football reasons over money.

Also for the people who think Ballack going to Chelsea for money and not for football reasons, Chelsea are the champions of England 2 yrs in a row, and are also serious contenders in Europe.  You cannot say that Ballack wanting to go to Chelsea has nothing to do with passion for the game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:01:09 AM by Peong »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:03:06 AM »
Men does talk real tats on here at times you know. NO EPL team has EVER spent money like Chelsea. They have spent more money in the last 3 years than Utd, Assnal and most of the other teams combined.

No one can dispute that Utd and other teams have spent quality money on players but there are two major differences:

1. The foundation of Utd's wealth and success was homegrown, all the way from Busby babes to the Becks/neville, scholes, giggs generation. Cantona, and later Yorke ad Cole were icing on the top of the youths whom Alan Hansen said couldn't win shit.

Utd's wealth was accumulated over a long period of time where the team created a connection with fans, and the club's success, along with it becoming a PLC, made it one of the richest in the world. The current players at Utd are later additions to the squad that came long after the team was wealthy and was forced to pay more than market value for players that they wanted (ala Essien last year). However even in their heyday as big spenders, their was still a limit to what Fergie was allowed to spend. And other big European club also acted a a check against Utd during this time as well because of the competition for players.

Chelsea on the other hand is trying to circumvent history and trying to buy a tradition in the process, and they are finding that no matter how hard they try, they are still not beloved as a Utd, Pool, Madrid or Barca. Also they can spend $$$ in a league of their own with no real or imagined limits. What other club do you know that can sustain losses of $140 million pounds?

There is no other team that can outbid them or even come close. That said, I certainly don't begrude them their money because at the end of the day, its still 11 v 11 on the field, and anything can happen. But I hate hearing the comparision between Utd and Chelsea because there are no real similarities other than they both have had to pay beyond market value for players they wanted. Utd's early success created its wealth... Chelsea's wealth created its success.

Ballack or no Ballack... this coming season will prove to be very difficult for them.

Truthseeker....I not arguing over where de money coming from at all.....and I totally understand what yuh saying.....I also not debating about how much is being spent by Chelsea........and please don't think I trying to defend Chelsea...since I am sure I dislike them at least as or more than you ;D

but just put yuhself in de shoes of a smaller budget team(like Lyon or PSV or Villareal)....and yuh best players consistently going to the so called Brand named teams(e.g. Man U, Milan, Barca, Juve, Real madrid etc..) because of money and to play alongside more elite playes(let's not kid ourselves)...wouldn't you be pissed?.....I just find it funny how a russian billionarie come along and takes a team that was nothing and literally buys/builds a competitive winning team and doing exactly what all these Brand name teams doing to smaller clubs for years now(however he do it in 2 yrs and spend a shit load doing it)).....and now all de supporters from these elite clubs getting upset because chelsea spending too much money....lol.....but yuh have to agree it a little ironic......

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 10:11:54 AM »
truthseeker....all that set of prayers yuh typin.

Yuh side still finishing behind Chelsea next season.  :devil:

Watch yuh side and be honest...player for player Chelsea superior and they have the makings of a team now.

From now on it is Chelsea EPL title to lose.....at least until abramovich money run out.

Its one thing to have a good side, but to have quality over a whole season...Chelseas depth is staggering.

No other EPL side can compete with Chelsea depth.

Doe start with me and my side....we go handle we own stories.

Also I know yuh bunin real candle and saying one setta puja for barca on wed, but we go purge them easy easy with a single goal...and win a CL without conceding a goal.... First side in history to do so!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 10:28:05 AM »

Also I know yuh bunin real candle and saying one setta puja for barca on wed, but we go purge them easy easy with a single goal...and win a CL without conceding a goal.... First side in history to do so!

exactly who in Arseanal defense going and stop Eto'o and Roanldinho from scoring again?

Més que un club.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 11:58:03 AM »
Palos have a real man utd tabanca for real boy. he acting like is Utd alone who wanted Ballack... Wenger wanted him too. So to did inter, Juve and milan but Chelsea holding de dollars these days so thats where he will end up. Few players in the world today play for a club for sportiing reasons... a few.. most try to maximise income in the short playing time that they have.

Make no mistake Utd have a great deal of catching up to do but the CL run shouldn't cloud the fact that Assnal ent won nothing for the season yet but a date to get a cut arse from Barca in Paris.

real madrid wanted him also

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 12:08:22 PM »

Arsenal conceded 2 goals in their first 2 group games of the CL.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 12:18:58 PM »
Manchester United FOREVER dread!!! we just playing dead to catch Corbeau alive. Chelsea with all dey big money barely won the prem. and only managed a 1 to 1 head to head with Man Utd(although they had a better goal difference  :-[  ). The race is not for the swiftest, but for Man Utd  ;D )

GLORY!! GLORY!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 05:09:56 PM »
Breds: i hearing alyuh on the depth issue. Chelsea's real power lies in the depth that they have on the bench but hope remains. i remember too when Real Madrid was the toast of the town and now they cyah see dey way. chelsea will implode at some point or the other and teams like Utd, shitpool and Arse will be there to challenge them all the way because spirit and passion is a thing that can't be bought.

PS: i bunning meh black candle now for assnal to get dey cutass. me ent care wa Touches say... i want to see assnal pick up atleast a 3 love cutass and it is very possible. ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 05:26:53 PM »
Breds: i hearing alyuh on the depth issue. Chelsea's real power lies in the depth that they have on the bench but hope remains. i remember too when Real Madrid was the toast of the town and now they cyah see dey way. chelsea will implode at some point or the other and teams like Utd, shitpool and Arse will be there to challenge them all the way because spirit and passion is a thing that can't be bought.

PS: i bunning meh black candle now for assnal to get dey cutass. me ent care wa Touches say... i want to see assnal pick up atleast a 3 love cutass and it is very possible. ;D

It go rell bun yuh if Arsenal take dah CL title eh?  Even more so because all dah black cyandle yuh bun reverse and give Tottenham players de food poisonin.   ;D  Wuss yet.....1 CL FINAL and title compared to.....wha it is?  A league cup degge degge title?  Yuh never know who GOD BLESS...no man shall ever curse or wha?   :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 05:34:40 PM by palos »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »
Chelsea's money is on a different level.

Buy Crespo (16 M) - doesn't work out loan him out.
Buy Bridge (7 M) - doesn't work out, loan him out.
Buy Del Horno (? M) to replace Bridge, he going, replace him with a centre back, Del Horno gone this season
Buy Wright Phillips 20 M - Bench him whole season
Buy Essien 24 M - Don't like the results bring in Ballack to take his place.

Chelsea is building a side by trial and error and paying crazy prices for players in the process and the only reason they can do that is because they have money to burn. I does laugh everytime I hear Kenyon talking about Chelsae making a profit, When? in 20 years.

Chelsea is true nouveau riche, they have more money than they know what to do with.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>