April 27, 2024, 01:12:17 PM

Author Topic: 3 Beers  (Read 1177 times)

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
3 Beers
« on: May 14, 2006, 05:49:40 PM »
A Trinidadian walks into a bar in Miami, orders three bottles of Carib
beer and sits
in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more. The bartender approaches and tells him, "You know, a beer goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The Trini replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One in Toronto, the other in London, and I here in Miami. When we all left home, we promised that we would drink this way to remember the days when we used to drink in St.James. So I does drink one for each ah meh bredders and one for meh self." The bartender admits that this is a nice Trini custom, and leaves it  there.

The Trini becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way: But one day, he comes in and orders two Caribs. All the other regulars take notice and fall silent. When the Trini comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender, thinking that a brother of the Trini died, says "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."

The Trini looks confused for a moment, then a light dawns on his face and  he laughs."Oh, no. Everyone's fine," he explains, "It's just that I joined the Seven Days Adventists Church and I personally had to stop drinking."

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Beers
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »
 :rotfl:
nice one...did not see that one coming!
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline jimbo

• I iz a Piper!
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile