July 26, 2024, 10:50:21 PM

Author Topic: World Cup fans Keep German Embassy busy  (Read 2041 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
World Cup fans Keep German Embassy busy
« on: May 16, 2006, 05:14:05 AM »
World Cup fans
Joan Rampersad (Newsday)

Tuesday, May 16 2006

Keep German Embassy busy

As Trinidadians and Tobagonians prepare for the “Futball-Welt-meisterschaft,” the Football World Cup in Germany in June, the German Embassy has been pretty active since the Soca Warriors qualified for the finals last November.

With just three weeks to the opening ceremony scheduled for June 7, activities at the embassy have heightened and there has been a steady trek of nationals seeking visas for Germany so they can be in the European country to support the Soca Warriors, and as well, be part of a historical occasion.

Third secretary at the embassy, Patrick Dzierzon stated this period has been the busiest for the embassy ever since it set-up base in Trinidad in 1963.

“The embassy has issued 1,811 visas so far in 2006, out of those were 1,250 visas for the World Cup. In the same period in 2005, the embassy had issued only 490 visas,” said Dzierzon adding that the hectic period began in the last few weeks with more than a hundred applications being processed every day. Dzierzon also said the embassy, on Marli Street, Port-of-Spain expects these numbers to continue to be high until the kick-off to the tournament and, so far, no application for a visa for the World Cup has been refused.

“The embassy is excited about Trinidad and Tobago having qualified for the World Cup in Germany and the huge interest that Germany has gained in this country through this event. “A time to make friends,” the official motto of this World Cup should be taken literally. “ The Germans are looking forward to welcoming friends from all over the world and we hope that the Soca Warriors and their supporters will contribute hugely to this colourful festival on and off the pitch,” he said.

Warriors head to second round — poll
(Newsday)

Tuesday, May 16 2006

Most people voting in Newsday’s online poll are confident that the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors will advance to the second round of the FIFA World Cup finals which start on June 9.

The question on the Newsday website, www.newsday.co.tt, asked people to vote on the matter. Three hundred and thirty five respondents said the team will advance, while 262 persons said, “No.”

The Soca Warriors left on Saturday for London after a week of farewell activities in TT. They will stay at camps in Manchester and Austria before going on to Germany.

The Warriors are in Group B with England, Sweden and Paraguay. Their first match will be on June 10 against Sweden.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup fans Keep German Embassy busy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:33:52 AM »
people by the embassy at 6:30 am and you now you can only collect in the afternoon. WE TAKIN OVER GERMANY.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 07:53:37 AM »
Can anybody give me an itemized list of what is needed for the German Enmbassy in NY or other states?

I know about the insurance, and world cup tickets but what about flight information, hotel accomodation, proof of employment etc. ?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 07:57:11 AM »
Can anybody give me an itemized list of what is needed for the German Enmbassy in NY or other states?

I know about the insurance, and world cup tickets but what about flight information, hotel accomodation, proof of employment etc. ?

So travel agencies can handle all this for yuh ... they will take yuh passpurt and do de ress.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline TTFAn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 08:01:33 AM »

JDB.  Check the German Consulate website for details.  You needed, booked flights, accomodation for the entire peiod of your stay, the insurance letter & a job letter.  I did not show my WC tickets and was not asked to, I don't believe that is a requirement and your US$43 in cash.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 08:04:55 AM »

JDB lemmeh take back some points dey... ah say you on de ball.... have yuh TST's so long now.... and you now going for Visa?!  :o

Make sure and go early.... ah had some pardners went yesterday around 9:30 and de room was ram out!

reach for 8:30 and line up...

They asking for a photocopy of yuh WC tkts now in NY.... I had get away last month with de email confirmation.
Yuh need a work reference letter.... 3 months bank statement.... proof of hotel and flight reservations.... and well de insurance... i think daiz it... and yuh photos must meet their criteria exactly.... meh next pardner own was too dark.... he hadda take it over....

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 08:16:24 AM »

JDB lemmeh take back some points dey... ah say you on de ball.... have yuh TST's so long now.... and you now going for Visa?!  :o

Make sure and go early.... ah had some pardners went yesterday around 9:30 and de room was ram out!

reach for 8:30 and line up...

They asking for a photocopy of yuh WC tkts now in NY.... I had get away last month with de email confirmation.
Yuh need a work reference letter.... 3 months bank statement.... proof of hotel and flight reservations.... and well de insurance... i think daiz it... and yuh photos must meet their criteria exactly.... meh next pardner own was too dark.... he hadda take it over....

For any students in the forum also take a letter indicating your a a student in good standing at you insitution
Snake in de balliser

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 08:27:30 AM »

JDB lemmeh take back some points dey... ah say you on de ball.... have yuh TST's so long now.... and you now going for Visa?!  :o

If you know my stories eh FF, I still ent sure to go as things stand right now, but I am optimistic.

This one will be down to the wire. My problem is that I am stying by friends so I need to call the consulate and make sure they don't mess meh up.

Thanks for the info fellas.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 10:42:43 AM »
JDB...get your friends to email you or fax you a letter stating that you are invited to stay with them. You must include your dates of stay and an address and phone number for your host. if you have an email address for your friend, give that too. you must have that proof if you do not have a hotel reservation.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:44:28 AM by Filho »

1]; } ?>