March 28, 2024, 02:55:32 AM

Author Topic: T&T WCQ squad for 2002 vs Soca Warriors ( which is d better squad?)  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T WCQ Squad 2002
Ince
Hislop
Mc Comie
Elcock
M. Andrews
Tallest
Saunders
Avery John
Rougier
L. Andrews
Eve
Dwarika
Reynold Carrington
S. Mason
Latapy
Stern
Yorke
Nigel Pierre
Nixon
Mauge
Cox

this was the core of the team dat at one point was ranked 25th in the world, and i really wonder how well dey would have done had they qualifed, i still think they're a better team than our current side. Our current stars aurtis, carlos, spann were on d bsidelines for this squad... yorke, stern, latas and dwarika were younger and sharper and probably at the peak of their careers, how do you think this team matches up to the present squad, better, worse or indifferent?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 06:20:03 AM by Arazi »

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
2002 WCQ Squad definitely
Yorke was fitter,Latas was fitter,Elcock was a rock in de defence

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
we have always had the talent but not the right coach and organizational support.

drop beener in the mix and we would have been in jap/kor 2002, france 98, USA 94.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
The squad was good but i really didnt like  Mason.. i think he was too...full of it...he use to come out with he jersey out of he pants and ting...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
The 2002 squad was more talented than our present squad. Today we are much better team. Much better organised and better prepared mentally.As soon as we entered the hex it last time it broke down. I remember when we got the draw in the semi-final round many wrote off our chances of advancing. It was Mexico , Canada (Then Gold Cup Champions) and Panama. We end up topping that group. After that it just collapsed. This team on the other struggled right through the qualifying. We have more heart and greater team spirit.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
T&T WCQ Squad 2002
Ince
Hislop
Mc Comie
Elcock
M. Andrews
Tallest
Saunders
Avery John
L. Andrews
Eve
Dwarika
Reynold Carrington
S. Mason
Latapy
Stern
Yorke
Nigel Pierre
Nixon
Mauge
Cox

this was the core of the team dat at one point was ranked 25th in the world, and i really wonder how well dey would have done had they qualifed, i still think they're a better team than our current side. Our current stars aurtis, carlos, spann were on d bsidelines for this squad... yorke, stern, latas and dwarika were younger and sharper and probably at the peak of their careers, how do you think this team matches up to the present squad, better, worse or indifferent?

is so long Stern purging ... jeez boy
Snake in de balliser

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Coach is the difference-  Eleven players doth not a team make.
 Head what Bennie said - Talented individuals, not playing as a team was the T&t problem

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Without a doubt the 2002 was more talented but not a better TEAM.  With Beenie yes, without Beenie, no
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T WCQ Squad 2002
Ince
Hislop
Mc Comie
Elcock
M. Andrews
Tallest
Saunders
Avery John
L. Andrews
Eve
Dwarika
Reynold Carrington
S. Mason
Latapy
Stern
Yorke
Nigel Pierre
Nixon
Mauge
Cox

hard to believe eh...............BUT!!

Més que un club.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: T&T WCQ squad for 2002 vs Soca Warriors ( which is d better squad?)
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 10:05:41 PM »
Without a doubt the 2002 was more talented but not a better TEAM.  With Beenie yes, without Beenie, no

2002 more talented??  Whey alyuh does come out from sah?

Elcock
Saunders
Chubby
Mason
Nigel Pierre
Reynold Carrington
McComie

More talented dan who?

Lemmeh see....

Whitley?
Birchall?
Spann?
Carlos Edwards?
Jason Scotland?
Kenwyne Jones?
Sancho?
Jack?

Allyuh doh make flikkin joke nah.

De only one's who MIGHTA be on a similar TALENT LEVEL are:
Dwarika....and Eve.

Nixon wasn't on dat 2002 team...allyuh makin up tings.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 10:36:42 PM »
2002 WCQ Squad definitely
Yorke was fitter,Latas was fitter,Elcock was a rock in de defence

Elcock a rock in defence?? I doubt  ::)
You musbe making up things

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 05:08:50 AM »
2002 was defensively more solid than 2006... Rougier, Dog, Elcock and Tallest was the most formidable back line we had since strike squad... hislop was in prime, ince was in prime...

2006 midfield is better than 2002... we now have a strong central mid with birchall, whitley, latas, yorke dropping in... and wingers who could at least cross it... in 02, there was a gaping weakness on the left midfield where we had stokely mason who couldn't cross a ball with he left for nutten

2002 forward line was better cause yorke and stern were in their prime, nigel pierre was doing things on de local scene and a couple others coming thru...

but all in all what make de 2002 side much worse than the current was ian porterfield!!! no discipline in de side, imagine 2002 squad with beenhakker as coach...

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 06:31:22 AM »
T&T WCQ Squad 2002
Ince
Hislop
Mc Comie
Elcock
M. Andrews
Tallest
Saunders
Avery John
L. Andrews
Eve
Dwarika
Reynold Carrington
S. Mason
Latapy
Stern
Yorke
Nigel Pierre
Nixon
Mauge
Cox

fus alyuh ungrateful eh, stern was our leading scorer in our campaign for 2002 ( even with a man u based dwight, damn haters) as he was in 2006.. smh... nixon was in the 2002 team buh hardly played due to injury and d fact dat stern and dwight were the preferred stirke force. ansil ellcock was more solid on the left than avery john... reynold carrington was VERY EFFECTIVE as a defensive midfielder... the only weak part of this team was the left midfield which was occupied by stokely mason for the most part, this team was so strong dat usually dwarika would still have to come off the bench, i remember when we dismantled canada 4-0 in the semis none of our strikers scored, it was the midfied four, carrington, latas, mason and eve... we started to lose after we take 7 in the azteca, portefield was a better coach dan most realised and the turning point was when yorke fell out with rene simoes b4 the honduras game, at that poin we had one point after three games tho notably 2 of those games were away from home, then we just capitulated...
on another forum a dude ask when was the last time we went undefeated for such a long stretch of games which stands currently at six, it was this side prior to the 2000 gold cup with an undefeated streak of nine ( including a 4-3 win over colombia btw, stern scored a hattrick in this game) under bertile st. clair... just a fact for d trivia heads..

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 08:37:11 AM »
2006 is the better team.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 08:38:58 AM by Tongue »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 09:10:18 AM »

Nah, nah...allyuh men could dis Stern now all allyuh want, but Stern in 2002 was a BOSS eh. Doh 4get the bullet with the left against Honduras and how much we miss him when he break his leg right before the Gold Cup. Stern didn throw away in them days...

Is only cause of Steve Bruce and trying to break into Birmingham style he playing so now...so I blame Steve Bruce, not Stern.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ffreturns

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 07:38:18 PM »
That 2002 team would beat this 2006 team going and coming they were just unlucky and had to deal with allot of injury's.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 04:15:12 AM »
Wolfe is the difference between the 2 sides

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 11:39:31 AM »

Nah, nah...allyuh men could dis Stern now all allyuh want, but Stern in 2002 was a BOSS eh. Doh 4get the bullet with the left against Honduras and how much we miss him when he break his leg right before the Gold Cup. Stern didn throw away in them days...

Is only cause of Steve Bruce and trying to break into Birmingham style he playing so now...so I blame Steve Bruce, not Stern.

you blamin de coach ... come nah man ... Stern's problem is with himself ... he is the only one who can motivate himself to produce ... for example instead of waiting for the ball to come to his foot an den turnin rong and lookin cut eye at them fellas in the middle .. try a little more effort ... oh grom man ... jus a little stretch doh hurt ... dis fella hatta play like is he las game
Snake in de balliser

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 11:49:27 AM »
Doh forget that team get mauled in Mexico

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 12:06:09 PM »

Ah believe it was ah almost fully local squad we carry Mexico as we had done qualify...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »
meaning what? this squad took 5 in guatemala, with a full strength squad and did not play in d flicking azteca at altitude.. latas, stern, yorke and many first team players did not play in dat 7-0 thrashing.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 12:48:54 PM »
Well you could argue both ways on this topic but it's obvious what the difference between where we were and where we are.

BEENHAKER!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 01:04:24 PM »
It is hard to say, but I think 2002 is better. I think that the 1994 team was the best we ever had.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 01:27:50 PM »
T&T WCQ Squad 2002
Ince
Hislop
Mc Comie
Elcock
M. Andrews
Tallest
Saunders
Avery John
L. Andrews
Eve
Dwarika
Reynold Carrington
S. Mason
Latapy
Stern
Yorke
Nigel Pierre
Nixon
Mauge
Cox

Ok I can agree that Stern could try to collect the ball differently from the midfielders, but all in all Stern has had greater impact than any other player in the history of T&T football.  Yorke was scoring goals left right and center for Man U... how many did he score for T&T when he came to (half-heartedly) play? 3 against a confused Panama? ... Wait... Wait... let me re-phrase that... How many goals is he scoring right now for T&T?  But he get captain ent - and a stadium ent?  He walked out on the team - because Kapok hotel wasn't good enough and he wanted to talk to Jordan on his cell phone and kick ball at the same time during training-, eh score one in 2006 but in ALLYUH eyes he is a real boss!  
STEUPS.... and allyuh bussing talk on Stern - the only person that could score TWICE against Mexico UNDER PRESSURE and take us to the World Cup??!!

Bunch of ungrateful people.  Right now Stern will be going to the World Cup with more international goals than Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Henry, Yorke, Latapy, Beckham, Blanco etc.  In fact he will be entering this world cup as the most prolific scorer with more international goals than anyone else to be featured - and he deserves it!  
When he was sacrificing club to play for T&T, the Great Yorke  ::) was talking about how he was playing at the 'highest level' of the game and then knocking the ball on the ground 'tacks'  'tacks' at Kasey Keller just to say that he eh forget T&T.

STOP DISSING STERN!
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 02:11:53 PM »
2002 was better yorke an latas were younger an were on fire
especially latas
rel good side a shame we din make

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 02:57:50 PM »
i hear all yuh say drop beenie in the mix and the 2002 squad woulda went to de wwc.well i don't think so nah cause ah coach could say wat he want if de players don't have de willingness to listen and carryout de coaches wishes on de field it won't work no matter your talent.and i think as the years pass from 2002 those players got older and wiser and willing to listen the drop beenie in the mix .that is call perfect timing.so ya can't judge a team on talent alone but on there connection and willingness to play a role in the bigger cause and this warriors team have that.

big all trini's nuff luv.socawarriors #1
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 03:06:41 PM »
you blamin de coach ... come nah man ... Stern's problem is with himself ... he is the only one who can motivate himself to produce ... for example instead of waiting for the ball to come to his foot an den turnin rong and lookin cut eye at them fellas in the middle .. try a little more effort ... oh grom man ... jus a little stretch doh hurt ... dis fella hatta play like is he las game

Yeah I blaming the coach. Look at Yorke under him; look at how he ruin Forsaell and Clinton Morrison and Pandiani. All them men was scoring goals before staying under him and tryin to adjust to his style of play. Stern adjust the way he played in order to suit Birmingham City and now it will take him a while to change that. Bad habits easy to pickup and hard to discard. But the man do it, cause he thought tha's how the coach want him to play and tha's what he had to do to make that Birmingham side.

But like a next man say, the side with Nakhid, Marcelle and a younger Latas and Yorke better than both those sides. I not sure if that was 98 or 94 though...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>