General > General Discussion

Child Abuse & Murder News Thread

(1/140) > >>

TriniCana:
GIRL, 4, RAPED AND KILLED

Child raped, slain

Richard Charan rcharan@trinidadexpress.com
Wednesday, May 17th 2006

Chanadaye Basdeo, grandmother of four-year-old Amy Annamanthundo, reflects yesterday on life with her granddaughter. Amy was beaten to death on Monday night at her home (in background) in a squatting settlement near Harmony Hall, Marabella.

A four-year-old girl was tortured, raped, buggered and beaten on Monday night by two people she loved but no one answered little Amy Annamanthundo's screams.

Wrapped in a sheet soaked in blood oozing from her private parts, she was taken to hospital.

She was already dead when she got there.

Police were last night building a murder case against a woman who will be 19 years old next month. They already have evidence to charge a man in his 40s with murder.

The killing of Amy bears similarities to that of six-year-old Sean Luke, who was buggered to death in a canefield at Orange Valley, Central Trinidad in April.

On this occasion, however, several people knew of Amy's sad life, and at least one man claimed to have seen her tied up and being beaten in her family's home in a squatter settlement near Harmony Hall, Marabella, on the night she died.

The man, who did not want to be identified, said although he heard crying he did nothing because he thought a game was being played and that a doll was being beaten.

An autopsy at the Forensic Sciences Centre found that only Amy's face was spared from the torture she endured.

She died from multiple blunt force trauma from a beating that came from feet, fists and pieces of wood, police said.Before she died she was sexually assaulted and burnt over her body with lit cigarettes, the autopsy found.

Police also found evidence that have led them to believe that Amy was being sexually assaulted for some time.

The pathologist also found that Amy had a broken collarbone that was healing.

For the past year, Amy had lived at the broken-down house with people who were described as drug and alcohol addicted.

They could not be reached yesterday.

Before that, she was raised "from a baby" by her grandmother, Chanadaye Basdeo, until the police took her away and placed her in a home last year. She was returned to her mother after a court hearing.

Basdeo said she last saw Amy on May 7 when she had lunch with her to celebrate her fourth birthday.

The house where Amy died is a short walk from the Marabella Family Crisis Centre.

Ryan Hernandez, who lives in the area, said he saw the girl tumble down a staircase in the house in which she lived three days ago.

"She was screaming but nobody helped her," he said.

A neighbour, Sagan Maharaj, said he would often see the girl.

"She would be home late all hours of the night. No child supposed to get that kinda treatment. Children supposed to be your happiness," he said.

Maharaj said he heard "some sounds" coming from where Amy lived around 8.30 p.m. on Monday, but thought nothing of it "because people always fighting".

It was only early yesterday when homicide officers and detectives cordoned off the house that people knew something had happened.

Living a mile away at Mootoo Lands, Marabella, Amy's grandmother said she tried to make her granddaughter happy.

"From the time she was born, a pound-and-a-half, I mind she. When she was with me, she was happy. I don't know about when she leave here," Chanadaye Basdeo, 59, said.

"She could not talk much. She couldn't read or write. No kindergarten. Doctor said she would learn slow. But I did love her. I was her mother."

Amy spent five months at hospital after the police and social workers took her away, Basdeo said.

She said she spent every night with Amy, until she was removed to a home for children while a custody battle played out in court.

The woman in custody had two children who are dead-one when two days old, and the other at six months. She was said to be a brothel worker.

The man was described by police as the village thief who fought with residents and was disowned by his well-to-do family.

Basdeo witnessed the post- mortem of her granddaughter's body.

Police did not tell her how the infant died.

ASP Fitzgerald George is spearheading investigations.

TriniCana:
Let them SWING.... >:(
I cyah stress on it no more...HANG dey mudda ass high man
steups

Rastaman:
Oh GOD !!!!
What the F**k going on...!!!
What they eating dong there ???

doh_stick:
Find de culprit shoot he C*nt on de spot doh ask no questions doh waste no jail space on him...
talk done..dat is de only way...des f*ckers have to know dey go die..have to deter dis shit

Rastaman:
Everything in Trini is a fad. One get rape now you hearing bout all sorts... Tell me..what the F**k they could get out of a 4 yr old. Them kinda people supposed to resist arrest...and get shot end of story. It ent have no human rights when come to them kinda ting.
It don't even make no sence...Old people doing it Young people doing it.
I sure sex not that hard to get in Trinidad...Go f***ing Villa, Dads Dan, No shame in that....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version