April 18, 2024, 06:24:13 PM

Author Topic: Child Abuse & Murder News Thread  (Read 103052 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Shot Dead, No Arrest!
« Reply #540 on: July 15, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
I hate when incidents like these happen and stations like BET etc try to appear informed and capable of carrying on an educated discussion when they themselves have allowed the black community to be "dumbed down" just to make a few extra dollars. One second they talking about the case and the next second they calling all these rappers who have gun lyrics to ask them for their opinion. Steupssss. I hate that f**king station with a passion.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 16, 2013, 12:23:28 AM »
These jurors were racist , i know from start these jurors was racist, the reason it took a little long for them to finish, they were trying to convince the black Hispanic to say Not Guilty. at first they acted as if they weren't taking side but the white jurors already made up their mind. these white jurors are from the same community and they normally vote conservative, i suspected this along time ago, even a baby knows Zimmerman has to be guilty of something.

http://twitchy.com/2013/07/15/fuel-for-the-fire-viewers-furious-as-zimmerman-juror-makes-cnn-appearance/
Thats all you gotta say .

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 16, 2013, 12:58:02 AM »
When TI got caught with an arsenal of weapons where were the leaders of the black community expressing outrage and disbelief? Instead we had a "free TI" movement. Black on  black crime occurring everyday. As much as I'm sadden by this boy's death, why do they feel the need to have Zimmerman's head on a platter? What about the other people who caught  stray bullets from gang warfare. What about all the other blacks who neglect jury duty and also refuse to cooperate with law enforcement when black on black crime occur. It's the same thing with the N word. It's ok for a black person to say it but once a white person says it they ready to grab at their throat. Mental Slavery
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:02:51 AM by congo »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 16, 2013, 05:18:04 AM »
When TI got caught with an arsenal of weapons where were the leaders of the black community expressing outrage and disbelief? Instead we had a "free TI" movement. Black on  black crime occurring everyday. As much as I'm sadden by this boy's death, why do they feel the need to have Zimmerman's head on a platter? What about the other people who caught  stray bullets from gang warfare. What about all the other blacks who neglect jury duty and also refuse to cooperate with law enforcement when black on black crime occur. It's the same thing with the N word. It's ok for a black person to say it but once a white person says it they ready to grab at their throat. Mental Slavery
Serious talk dey congo, charity begins @ home i always say.

too much hypocrisy from the black community and their so called leaders, they don't ever call their won to account, but always quick to cry foul like they don't know that the system foul a long while now.

ah bunch of reactionary mdfkrs is what they are, they never take in front until in front take them.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:21:44 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 16, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
I hate when incidents like these happen and stations like BET etc try to appear informed and capable of carrying on an educated discussion when they themselves have allowed the black community to be "dumbed down" just to make a few extra dollars. One second they talking about the case and the next second they calling all these rappers who have gun lyrics to ask them for their opinion. Steupssss. I hate that f**king station with a passion.

Point taken. I have meh issues with BET, but they have as much right as any boob tube network in this country to try to influence their viewers. CNN and Fox feel they are the only networks who "inform" the people. I say otherwise. I am a gun law proponent, but what wrong with rappers having guns. Tea party members with guns are more civilized?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 16, 2013, 09:55:05 AM »
Now you see why you should avoid NOT doing jury duty.

Agreed!  Been saying this all day.  Black folks LOVE celebrate how they lie and get out ah jury duty... den want to bitch and moan about the jury not being made up of their "peers".

Bakes, I heard a guy on CNN or NPR brought up that issue. I think he said that Sandford maybe 15/20 % Black and he is  almost sure most that have not done any jury duty. He said if Blacks exercise their rights to jury duty as their civil rights they would be able to be in the room making decisions to affect cases like these. And not limited to incidents involving Blacks, but Americans on a whole.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 16, 2013, 11:47:41 AM »
But what about the Black lady who was dismissed as a juror because one of her friends was involved in the protests?

We don't know how many other Black jurors were dismissed...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 16, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 16, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »
I eh lying rabbit, sometime i does feel tuh kill you breds, seriously. i believe if we ever meet i might not be able to control myself serious ting . take it how yuh want.

so your solution is some more black-on-black violence. breds, i doh get you and you doh get me.

as soon as obama stick his 4king nose into this, he poison that jury. he shoulda never say nothing and zimmerman woulda get a manslaughter charge as sure anything. nothing sure to get a redneck back up then some words from that c*nt in the white house. he make the same mistake as bush did with schiavo. obama think he still back in 2009 when people liked him. like rza say he need to snap outta that 4king dream.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 16, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »
I eh lying rabbit, sometime i does feel tuh kill you breds, seriously. i believe if we ever meet i might not be able to control myself serious ting . take it how yuh want.

so your solution is some more black-on-black violence. breds, i doh get you and you doh get me.

as soon as obama stick his 4king nose into this, he poison that jury. he shoulda never say nothing and zimmerman woulda get a manslaughter charge as sure anything. nothing sure to get a redneck back up then some words from that c*nt in the white house. he make the same mistake as bush did with schiavo. obama think he still back in 2009 when people liked him. like rza say he need to snap outta that 4king dream.

Why Obama can't say anything. He poison what jury! You talking bunkers!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 16, 2013, 10:02:47 PM »

Nah man JC, you're better than that....keep it civil fellas, keep it civil.

yeah fadda u need to change ur name for real...somethng like "bad like yaz"  or "just cool x"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 16, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »

Stop talking in yuh ass.  TI had a "arsenal" of weapons that were part of a collection, including antique guns... he wasn't out on the streets playing Rambo with it.  He was arrested, sentenced and did his time.  What de ass else yuh want?  You eh fed up talk shit on this forum for one poster?  First the shit talk about the coup when yuh clearly didn't know what de f**k yuh talking bout... now yuh doh understand why they "want Zimmerman head on a platter"??  You comparing stray f**king bullet to a man stalking and murdering an unarmed teenager ON PURPOSE.  Get tuh f**k out ah here.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 17, 2013, 12:40:31 AM »
What f**king collection you talking about? The man got caught trying to buy some machine guns with silencers from a federal agent. He himself confessed that he began stockpiling weapons after receiving death threats. It's admirable that he served his time but the black community still picked up for him and other rappers caught in similar circumstances. Now all of a sudden the black community wants to talk about gun control? The majority of gun crime is done by black people possessing illegal firearms. Had Zimmerman been a middle aged black man Trayvon Martin would have been easily and successfully painted as a delinquent youth. This case would not have made it past local attention.  It is a circus paraded for the world to see and  another way to keep the people divided and race relations low. The media playing everyone against each other just for a couple of dollars and people biting that chain up.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin, Al Sharpton: If one is a racist they all are!!
http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-al-sharpton-if-one-is-a-racist-they-all-are

If George Zimmerman was a racist for telling a 911 dispatcher that he believed a suspicious black male was prowling his neighborhood with questionable motives, then the jury that acquitted him must be racist for not seeing through the facts of the case, and Trayvon Martin was a racist for calling Zimmerman a "creepy a-- cracker."

Rev. Al Sharpton is encouraging racial tensions--not trying to reduce them as one might expect a man of God to do--by advocating people hold vigils around the country this weekend in response to his dislike of the jury's 'not guilty' verdict in the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Racism isn't defined by being leery of someone prowling your neighborhood at night when a rash of burglaries have occurred; that's common sense. And racism isn't defined by choosing to acquit someone you believe the facts show to be innocent of the charges.

Calling someone a "creepy a-- cracker" doesn't necessarily make someone a racist either, just like being upset that these "a--holes always get away" doesn't mean someone is a racist.

A Washington Post opinion writer named Richard Cohen said on July 15 that he was personally tired of being called a racist just because he recognizes the reality of urban crime. Cohen uses statistics to support his position, specifically those from the Crime and Enforcement Activity of New York City.

According to that report, blacks represent one-fourth of the population, but in three-fourths of the shooting cases in the city they are the suspects being sought in each case. And it isn't out of a racial bias that they are the ones being hunted for the crimes; it is born out of the facts of the case.

In Florida, where Trayvon Martin was shot, the state court's judge refused to allow the jury to hear any evidence about the violent tendencies of the dead teen as the jurors contemplated George Zimmerman's fate. Yet a propensity to fight his peers did play a role in his obvious willingness to take on a Hispanic adult male.

Yet Al Sharpton thinks that racism is still to blame for a 'not guilty' verdict in the case, and that Trayvon's fighting tendencies couldn't possibly have been influencing the youth to stay when he should have fled a dangerous scene. And that's why he is leading the charge to hold vigils around the country this weekend, in protest, according to the Town Hall's July 15 report.

Sharpton thinks holding vigils around the country this weekend is somehow the way to reduce the racial tensions in this country following a 'not guilty' verdict handed down by an unbiased court.

But seeking to look for a racism angle as an explanation for a not guilty verdict in the Zimmerman trial (or any other)--just because someone disagrees with a well-reasoned verdict--is not really a reason to stoke racism tensions any more.

And that's why Katie Pavlich of the Town Hall thinks Sharpton may be using this case to keep himself relevant with the African American community, and as a media figure in his role as an MSNBC host. And so racism may not be the issue at all.

But if it is, shouldn't the Rev. Sharpton be using his time and resources to encourage youth like Trayvon not to develop their own racism attitudes against others, attitudes that lead them to call Hispanics and whites "creepy a-- crackers"?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 17, 2013, 04:57:03 PM »
George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin, Al Sharpton: If one is a racist they all are!!
http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-al-sharpton-if-one-is-a-racist-they-all-are

If George Zimmerman was a racist for telling a 911 dispatcher that he believed a suspicious black male was prowling his neighborhood with questionable motives, then the jury that acquitted him must be racist for not seeing through the facts of the case, and Trayvon Martin was a racist for calling Zimmerman a "creepy a-- cracker."

Rev. Al Sharpton is encouraging racial tensions--not trying to reduce them as one might expect a man of God to do--by advocating people hold vigils around the country this weekend in response to his dislike of the jury's 'not guilty' verdict in the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Racism isn't defined by being leery of someone prowling your neighborhood at night when a rash of burglaries have occurred; that's common sense. And racism isn't defined by choosing to acquit someone you believe the facts show to be innocent of the charges.

Calling someone a "creepy a-- cracker" doesn't necessarily make someone a racist either, just like being upset that these "a--holes always get away" doesn't mean someone is a racist.

A Washington Post opinion writer named Richard Cohen said on July 15 that he was personally tired of being called a racist just because he recognizes the reality of urban crime. Cohen uses statistics to support his position, specifically those from the Crime and Enforcement Activity of New York City.

According to that report, blacks represent one-fourth of the population, but in three-fourths of the shooting cases in the city they are the suspects being sought in each case. And it isn't out of a racial bias that they are the ones being hunted for the crimes; it is born out of the facts of the case.

In Florida, where Trayvon Martin was shot, the state court's judge refused to allow the jury to hear any evidence about the violent tendencies of the dead teen as the jurors contemplated George Zimmerman's fate. Yet a propensity to fight his peers did play a role in his obvious willingness to take on a Hispanic adult male.

Yet Al Sharpton thinks that racism is still to blame for a 'not guilty' verdict in the case, and that Trayvon's fighting tendencies couldn't possibly have been influencing the youth to stay when he should have fled a dangerous scene. And that's why he is leading the charge to hold vigils around the country this weekend, in protest, according to the Town Hall's July 15 report.

Sharpton thinks holding vigils around the country this weekend is somehow the way to reduce the racial tensions in this country following a 'not guilty' verdict handed down by an unbiased court.

But seeking to look for a racism angle as an explanation for a not guilty verdict in the Zimmerman trial (or any other)--just because someone disagrees with a well-reasoned verdict--is not really a reason to stoke racism tensions any more.

And that's why Katie Pavlich of the Town Hall thinks Sharpton may be using this case to keep himself relevant with the African American community, and as a media figure in his role as an MSNBC host. And so racism may not be the issue at all.

But if it is, shouldn't the Rev. Sharpton be using his time and resources to encourage youth like Trayvon not to develop their own racism attitudes against others, attitudes that lead them to call Hispanics and whites "creepy a-- crackers"?
Sh!t article! who wrote this, rush limbaugh??     :puking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 19, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »
Why everyone's talking about Marissa Alexander
By Amanda Sloane
updated 4:37 PM EDT, Mon July 15, 2013
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/15/marissa-alexander-stand-your-ground-george-zimmerman

In the wake of George Zimmerman’s not guilty verdict in the death of Trayvon Martin, another name started to trend Monday on the Internet: Marissa Alexander.

The Jacksonville, Florida, woman tried to use a "Stand Your Ground" defense in 2012, but was later convicted of three counts of aggravated assault.

The biggest question people have as they continue to share Alexander’s story is: Why was this mother of three sentenced to 20 years in prison while Zimmerman walked free?

Alexander said her husband, Rico Gray, tried to strangle her on August 1, 2010, after reading text messages she had sent her ex-husband. She said she escaped his grip and, instead of leaving out the front door, went into the garage to get into her car. But in the confusion of the fight, Alexander said she forgot her keys.

"I knew I had to protect myself," Alexander told CNN in a 2012 interview. "I could not fight him. He was 100 pounds more than me. I grabbed my weapon at that point."

Gray saw the weapon at his wife’s side when she returned, according to Alexander, and continued to threaten her life. That’s when she said she decided to fire a warning shot.

"I believe when he threatened to kill me, that's what he was absolutely going to do,” said Alexander. “That's what he intended to do. Had I not discharged my weapon at that point, I would not be here."

Gray had his two children with him when Alexander fired a shot into the wall but no one was killed or even injured.

In a deposition with the State Attorney’s office, Gray even backed up his wife’s story.

"If my kids weren't there, I knew I probably would have tried to take the gun from her," Gray said. "If my kids wouldn't have been there, I probably would have put my hand on her." When Alexander's defense attorney asked him what he meant by "put my hand on her," Gray replied, "probably hit her. I got five baby mammas and I put my hands on every last one of them except for one."

But in a hearing to dismiss Alexander’s case under the “Stand Your Ground” law, Gray changed his story, saying he lied to protect his wife.

"I begged and pleaded for my life when she had the gun,” Gray said.

The judge refused to grant Alexander immunity under the "Stand Your Ground" law. Alexander also rejected a plea deal of three years in prison, opting instead to take her case in front of jurors. They found her guilty in just 12 minutes.

Under Florida’s 10-20-life law, Alexander was sentenced to a mandatory 20 years behind bars because she was convicted of aggravated assault where a firearm was discharged.

Zimmerman, on the other hand, was found not guilty of second-degree manslaughter by a jury of six women. It took them a little more than 16 hours to render the verdict that set Zimmerman free.

Zimmerman never went before a judge, like Alexander, asking for immunity under Florida's "Stand Your Ground" laws. The former neighborhood watch captain went straight to trial, instead, where he was charged in the fatal shooting of Martin in Sanford, Florida, on February 26, 2012. Martin was walking through Zimmerman’s neighborhood that night when Zimmerman saw him and told police that he looked suspicious. The two got into an altercation, and Zimmerman said he was forced to draw his gun and shoot Martin in self-defense.

Protests were held around the country, calling for Zimmerman’s arrest for Martin’s death. Zimmerman was eventually charged with second-degree murder in April of 2012. The case has reinvigorated national conversations about race, racial profiling and self-defense laws.

And now the question on many people’s minds -- including Alexander's -- is why a claim of self-defense failed Alexander but worked for Zimmerman.

"Other defendants have used it. What's so different about my situation that it doesn't apply to me?" Alexander asked.

Syndicated columnist Roland Martin says, however, it’s not controversial self-defense laws that are to blame in Alexander’s case. In an opinion piece for CNN, Roland pointed his finger at Florida’s mandatory minimum sentences.

“Did the bullet hit the children? No. Did Alexander point the gun at her husband and hit him? No. She simply fired a warning shot, and according to Florida's shameful law, that's enough for a minimum 20-year sentence,” Roland wrote. “Florida elected officials and residents should be ashamed of this law and do all they can to change it.”

apparently angela corey have a hand in this piece of justice also. justice is blind ent.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 19, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »

It is always a travesty when an innocent child is killed so don't bring TI, the N word and gang violence into this...those have nothing to do with the issue

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 19, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »
What f**king collection you talking about? The man got caught trying to buy some machine guns with silencers from a federal agent. He himself confessed that he began stockpiling weapons after receiving death threats. It's admirable that he served his time but the black community still picked up for him and other rappers caught in similar circumstances. Now all of a sudden the black community wants to talk about gun control? The majority of gun crime is done by black people possessing illegal firearms. Had Zimmerman been a middle aged black man Trayvon Martin would have been easily and successfully painted as a delinquent youth. This case would not have made it past local attention.  It is a circus paraded for the world to see and  another way to keep the people divided and race relations low. The media playing everyone against each other just for a couple of dollars and people biting that chain up.

On this and prior evidence I can only surmise that you live in some alternate reality, quite possibly the result of your head being up your ass.  If you had any kinda sense you would know that what the police allege and what they can actually prove in court are two completely different things.  I suggest you properly educate yourself before you proceed to make such a spectacular ass of yourself arguing shit you don't know anything about.

I won't even bother responding to the rest of ignorant shit you typed there about the Martin case. Clearly your privileged background in Trinidad has insulated you from certain realities... including common sense.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 19, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »

Why Obama can't say anything. He poison what jury! You talking bunkers!

looks like obama double down. tell me these statements are all about harmony:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/19/america-not-post-racial-society-barack-obama

obama see the path back to political relevancy and he playing de race card. de "race-baiter-in-chief" (ah see this one on twitter).

"FORGET about NSA, drone strikes and financial reform .... N*KKA!"

and that last word is enough to have all dem race warriors like jackson, sharpton and jahkingdom, ready for another round of endless and pointless distraction.

tell you what. trayvon martin was not only a tragedy it was a tragedy that was as CONVENIENT as it was INSIGNIFICANT in a world of larger and more important tragedies. the black on black killing fields of the inner cities (e.g. chicago) fuelled by the drug trade is far far more important tragedy to the black community than trayvon martin. trayvon martin was a dude that got profiled, tried to win a gunfight with his fists and lost. obama playing like he coulda been trayvon? so wha, tracy martin went harvard university? shameful - and these liberal racists will swallow that smile and ask for seconds.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 19, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »
wham bakes? how yuh quietly let go de big wok so?  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 19, 2013, 04:26:16 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/19/america-not-post-racial-society-barack-obama

obama see the path back to political relevancy and he playing de race card. de "race-baiter-in-chief" (ah see this one on twitter).

and that last word is enough to have all dem race warriors like jackson, sharpton and jahkingdom, ready for another round of endless and pointless distraction.

tell you what. trayvon martin was not only a tragedy it was a tragedy that was as CONVENIENT as it was INSIGNIFICANT in a world of larger and more important tragedies. the black on black killing fields of the inner cities (e.g. chicago) fuelled by the drug trade is far far more important tragedy to the black community than trayvon martin. trayvon martin was a dude that got profiled, tried to win a gunfight with his fists and lost. obama playing like he coulda been trayvon? so wha, tracy martin went harvard university? shameful - and these liberal racists will swallow that smile and ask for seconds.

1. Obama don't need "political relevancy"... Repugnicans and other lesser life forms, like you nah... see to it that he stays relevant.

2. The surge in murders in Chicago the past two years is only tenuously-related to drugs.  You actually doh even have to be that bright to realize that, but then again... is you we talking about.

3. Trayvon Martin see Zimmerman with a gun in he hand and proceeded to start a fistfight anyways.  Sounds as though you just as dotish as dem white woman dey put on de jury.  And even that might be ah insult to them.

4. Obama father didn't go Harvard... the Tracy Martin comment fails on many levels, but God bless yuh, yuh really tort yuh say something.

wham bakes? how yuh quietly let go de big wok so?  ;D

Nah... you just need to pay better attention  :)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 19, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »

1. Obama don't need "political relevancy"... Repugnicans and other lesser life forms, like you nah... see to it that he stays relevant.

2. The surge in murders in Chicago the past two years is only tenuously-related to drugs.  You actually doh even have to be that bright to realize that, but then again... is you we talking about.

3. Trayvon Martin see Zimmerman with a gun in he hand and proceeded to start a fistfight anyways.  Sounds as though you just as dotish as dem white woman dey put on de jury.  And even that might be ah insult to them.

4. Obama father didn't go Harvard... the Tracy Martin comment fails on many levels, but God bless yuh, yuh really tort yuh say something.

bakes, is clear part of the education you suffered is to make it impossible for you to pick up on the simplest of points. the crux of my post (which i shouted with the BOLDED words) was this issue is CONVENIENT but INSIGNIFICANT. you somehow missed this.

deeks, awaiting your feedback.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 19, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »
Anybody post this?

Romany Malco ‘Message to Trayvon Sympathizers’

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/romany-malco/a-message-to-trayvon-mart_b_3612231.html

In a blog on The Huffington Post, the actor pointed out the role of mainstream news, pop culture and economics in this story steamrolling over more prevalent black on black shooting crimes that are largely uncovered by the press.

He wrote:
I haven’t touched on the Trayvon Martin issue because race matters in this country are the paralysis of the American people. To constructively discuss Trayvon would require empathy, introspection and an understanding of America’s social and economic history. This is why the open forums we have seen thus far seem to fuel more ignorance and bias than reasonable debate.
To be brutally honest, the only reason people are even aware of Trayvon Martin is because it became a topic within mainstream news and pop culture. Meaning: News directors saw it as a profitable, sensational story. Hundreds of blacks die annually in South Side Chicago without even a blurb. Trayvon isn’t in the mainstream news for any reason other than ratings and profit. The news coverage on the Zimmerman case almost implies that the killing of this young black man is somehow an anomaly and I resent that.

In this country, if it isn’t streamlined through mainstream media and pop culture, it doesn’t seem to warrant national debate. Our “government” continues to wreak havoc on our civil liberties and there is little to no protest from the black community because of media diversion tactics that keep such pertinent issues out of mainstream media. But if Jay-Z or Rihanna were to make mention of it, we’d suddenly be jolted out of our sugar comas and protesting on freeways.

My point being, people are up in arms about Trayvon based on regurgitated pundits and manipulated facts aired to elicit emotion while fueling America’s anger and division. That’s how you boost ratings. No different from Piers Morgan’s desperate rant over gun control when he knew his ratings were in the dumps. And from where I stand, anyone who still relies on corporate-owned media pundits to support an argument isn’t equipped to offer worthwhile solutions.

People are using Trayvon Martin’s death as an excuse to project their own deep-seated issues with racism and will not be capable of intelligent, empathetic debate until they’ve cooled down and afforded themselves an education.

Addressing Trayvon without first addressing the absence of critical thinking in our schools, the lack of introspection, the reasons for our low tolerance and our country’s skewed value system does nothing more than create a sounding board for the ignorant. So rather than facilitate more racism outcry, I’d like to address young black people specifically.

I believe we lost that trial for Trayvon long before he was killed. Trayvon was doomed the moment ignorance became synonymous with young black America . We lost that case by using media outlets (music, movies, social media, etc.) as vehicles to perpetuate the same negative images and social issues that destroyed the black community in the first place. When we went on record glorifying violent crime and when we voted for a president we never thought to hold accountable. When we signed on to do reality shows that fed into the media’s stereotypes of black men, we ingrained an image of Trayvon Martin so overwhelming that who he actually may have been didn’t matter anymore.
Don’t you find it peculiar that the same media outlets who have worked so diligently to galvanize the negative stigmas of black men in America are now airing open debates on improving the image of black males in American media? Do you honestly think CNN is using their competitive time slots for philanthropy?

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.” – Rahm Emanuel

If we really wanted to ensure Trayvon Martin’s killing was not in vain, we’d stop perpetuating negative images that are now synonymous with black men in America. We’d stop rapping about selling drugs and killing niggas. The next time we saw a man beating a woman, we’d call for help or break it up, but one thing we would not do is stand by with our cellphones out — yelling WORLDSTAR!() Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we’d reward them for independent and critical thinking.

We’d spend less time subconsciously repeating lyrics about death and murder and more time understanding why we are so willing to twerk to songs that bemean women and boast of having things we cannot afford. We’d set examples of self-love for our youth by honoring our own hair, skin and eye color. We’d stop spending money on designer gear that we should be spending on our physical and psychological health. We’d seek information outside the corporate owned-media that manipulates us. We’d stop letting television babysit our kids and we’d quit regurgitating pundits we haven’t come up with on our own.

Education, introspection, self-love and excellence are the only ways to overcome the wrath of ignorance. So before going back to popping molly and getting Turnt Up, I urge you to consider the implications of your actions. Your child’s life may depend on it.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 19, 2013, 06:05:25 PM »
bakes, is clear part of the education you suffered is to make it impossible for you to pick up on the simplest of points. the crux of my post (which i shouted with the BOLDED words) was this issue is CONVENIENT but INSIGNIFICANT. you somehow missed this.

deeks, awaiting your feedback.

In addition to poor English (Language and Reading Comprehension)... it is clear that the rest of the education you 'suffered' has yet to catch up to you.  If you had anything resembling a functional brain you'd realize that I actually addressed both the "convenient" and "insignificant" part of your comment. Maybe I should have 'shouted' as well to make it obvious for you, since subtlety appears to be yet another casualty of your deficient cognition.

----------

FF no one posted it as yet... but I responded to him when he posted it on FB.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
@ribbit..what about the NRA failing to talk about white on white crimes, like mass shootings in schools, at movies, shopping malls etc?

another case is coming in September, i guess this is the cause of black and black crime and therefore black folks should keep quiet.
http://politicalblindspot.org/another-trayvon-martin-shot-dead-in-florida-why-isnt-the-shooting-of-17-year-old-jordan-davis-headline-news/

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/jordan-davis-update-michael-dunn-charged-with-first-degree-murder-trial-scheduled-for-september-23
Hard work is the key to success

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2013, 09:09:54 AM »
@ribbit..what about the NRA failing to talk about white on white crimes, like mass shootings in schools, at movies, shopping malls etc?

another case is coming in September, i guess this is the cause of black and black crime and therefore black folks should keep quiet.
http://politicalblindspot.org/another-trayvon-martin-shot-dead-in-florida-why-isnt-the-shooting-of-17-year-old-jordan-davis-headline-news/

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/jordan-davis-update-michael-dunn-charged-with-first-degree-murder-trial-scheduled-for-september-23

JK, the NRA doh claim to advocate for "white people". Jackson, et al. Call themselves "black leaders". I never hear Lapierre call himself a "white leader".

Here's the problem. Sharpton, Jackson, Jeolous are great at getting people riled up about white-on-black issues but they SUCK at black-on-black issues. They absolutely SUCK. They need to get out of that business altogether and stop pretending they doing anything but chasing after white people when they do something bad. The evidence is all around. What progress exactly did Obama create as a "community organizer" dealing with black-on-black issues? The hood he live in Chicago is a disgrace. He's a disgrace as an organizer. And to see these 4king shameless clowns come out de woodwork when a white man act up should tell us they only moonlighting as community organizers and black leaders. That's just their sideline until whitey show up. Black people need to wise up and stop cutting these a**holes so much slack and look elsewhere for solutions. Fact is the bigger issues are the black-on-black ones.

jackson, sharpton and the others have been following the same script for the last few generations - unite the black community by hating on whitey. that works great for the democrat party. as long as these "black leaders" can deliver the vote, democrats are happy. but this formula has FAILED for the black community. the last two generations are the evidence. time to abort these black leaders in general and this plan in particular and come up with some new ideas. hating on whitey has not resolved the bigger problems facing the black community.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:00:47 PM by ribbit »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 22, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
Ribbit, NAACP is and has always been an organization that primarily advocate for civil rights for people of African descent and also people of colour. This is a historical factor. What wrong with that. You could say what you want, as long as there is uneven handed justice is this country, their voices are needed. If the playing field was level, Al and Jesse would not be lighting the fire under their bam-bam.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 23, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »
Ribbit, NAACP is and has always been an organization that primarily advocate for civil rights for people of African descent and also people of colour. This is a historical factor. What wrong with that. You could say what you want, as long as there is uneven handed justice is this country, their voices are needed. If the playing field was level, Al and Jesse would not be lighting the fire under their bam-bam.

deeks, the NAACP is NOT about Advancement in GENERAL. over the years the evidence is clear that NAACP is about a specific type of advancment - the kind that involves responding to white attacks on blacks. it has done NOTHING of note WITHIN the black community. and the stats show that the problems WITHIN the black community are far more pressing and important than the ones that the NAACP deal with. yet the NAACP willing lends profile to what are marginal issues. they are complicit in inverting the relevance of issues which is a kind of fraud. this sends a poisonous message - that a white man killing a black man is intolerable but a black man killing a black man eh no thing.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 23, 2013, 01:37:03 PM »
^^^ This is exactly my point. One set of reactive idiots who want to march and riot because a white man killed a black teen. I find it distasteful and disrespectful to tell me that a white man killing a black man is more important than a black man killing a black man. The message is the white man is the bogeyman and we should keep looking over our shoulders for him. Black people commit the majority of crime with illegal firearms so the gun control discussion regarding this incident doesn't even make sense. The black community needs to stop being reactive and get out in front.

1]; } ?>