April 29, 2024, 10:19:32 AM

Author Topic: Child Abuse & Murder News Thread  (Read 103374 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad reach whey it f**kking going yes!
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2009, 05:47:30 PM »
smh. like the newsday following in the guardian footsteps...
http://www.newsday.co.tt/day/1,29418.html#foto

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2009, 09:14:04 PM »
Drummer boy laid to rest
Michelle Loubon | 10:23 pm
Published: May 1, 2009

Perched atop a shelf, a statue of the Madonna and Child kept vigil over the funeral of the little drummer boy—Adrian Joseph Kayode Richards—at Corpus Christi RC Church, Success Village, Laventille, yesterday. On the day when Adrian’s mother Allison Richards should have been celebrating his 13th birthday, she cut a sombre picture.
Before Adrian’s body was removed to the burial plot, mourners watched as Allison tenderly kissed Richards face, before tightening the screws on his coffin.

As CNC3 presenter JayeQ Baptiste hugged Allison, she sobbed, “I did my best.” Social Development Minister Dr Amery Browne and Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Works and Transport Ni Leung Hypolite offered their condolences. Mourning mothers remarked the handsome boy in blue, still had “his mother’s milk on his face.” Shelving his grief, artistic director of the Mawasi Experience, Peter Telfer, led an impassioned musical tribute in honour of Adrian, a member of Mawasi.

As the drums rolled, students from Morvant Laventille Secondary School, who comprised a significant segment of the congregation wept and consoled each other. Later on, they would autograph a card with messages of love and Psalm 23 and a T-shirt in memory of Adrian. The presence of youth did not go unnoticed by parish priest Fr Dwight Merrick and officiating chief celebrant Fr Clyde Harvey. Both of them called upon youth to stem the tide of violence in the society.

Merrick lamented “too many black boys are being fed like lambs to the slaughterhouse. Instead, they should be participating in theatre, sports and games while they take their education seriously.” Before administering the communion, Harvey asked the boys 14 and under to stand. “Ask yourself what kind of man or woman am I going to be?” He said: “You have the power to make or break a life in this country. Say no to violence, especially violence of guns. Learn to box it out. Learn how to settle disputes. Punctuating the air, Harvey added, “It mustn’t be pow-pow-pow.”

Article Tools

Login or register to post comments Email Print 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »
Burroughs was a CROOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

he was probably worse than dat....but ppl didnt need no metal cage surroundin dey doors and windows when he was around

Dutty u smarter than dat. D drug trade began on his watch. Carli Bay still have ships comin in because of he. So because of d drugs that now in d country we have 2 live behind cages. As 4 himbeing as corrupt as d present set he was their mentor.

D man sow d sead and we reapin d harvest thus y we cyah live in peace.

weary, yes corruption at that time led to a more virulent criminal element (all them criminal deportees from usa didn't help either). but how burrough's corruption lead to todays INCOMPETENCE in the police force? ??? 

Where I say dat he lead 2 d incompetence but d corruption sure. He sow d seeds of corruption but we reapin d harvest. D deportee issue is an eg of incompetence we yardie friends had dat problem b4 oui. U would tink dat we would have put systems in place 2 deal wit it. D horse... b4 we strt 2 put systems in place.

weary, i've made this point before with regards to corruption - if it's one country in the caribbean that can suffer a little corruption is t&t. t&t have money. it's not lack of money that is the problem in t&t is lack of effort and resolve. if people looking at corruption to see who should be running things (police or govt) they looking at the wrong thing. choose based on merit and competency first and foremost. like mukumsplau say, there is corruption everywhere. look they bust a former police chief here in toronto. the last one was a racist sob BUT he could do the wuk. allyuh looking for virtue like yuh selecting the pope? yuh conscience mean more than yuh life? nah, policing (and govt) is a dirty business and people have to look at the bottom line - whether that person can do the job.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »
D Peter principle is how we conduct buziness in TT. Clean up d police service dat is priority 1 for Philbert. D seniority promotion done as well so tings may get a lil betta. D problem eh strt yday so it cyah end 2day.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2009, 05:52:59 AM »
If yuh arkse me, for all the corruption that Borroughs began that Weary and others are pointing to as the ignition for our country's current state of lawlessness (with which I respectfully but emphatically disagree, Weary) I will say in a nutshell that it's really abu bakr and his successful coup attempt that has been the direct and indirect (ah covering all meh bases here ;D) causes of what is going on in the country. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but I hope some will understand exactly where ah coming from.       

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »
If yuh arkse me, for all the corruption that Borroughs began that Weary and others are pointing to as the ignition for our country's current state of lawlessness (with which I respectfully but emphatically disagree, Weary) I will say in a nutshell that it's really abu bakr and his successful coup attempt that has been the direct and indirect (ah covering all meh bases here ;D) causes of what is going on in the country. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but I hope some will understand exactly where ah coming from.       

I actually agree with this... I think this man has way more to do with the current proliferation of guns in TnT than anybody else.  Not saying he's bringing in all/most of the guns but I think he opened the floodgates.  The fact that he escaped with impunity only served to fuel his own notoriety as an untouchable, and gave a false sense of bravado to others who subsequently walked in his shoes.

As for Burroughs... I dunno, he may have been corrupt but I doubt he was a crook as some are making him out to be.  Corruption and criminality may go hand in hand but that still does not make them the same thing in one.  He may have operated above the law, but I'm not convinced that he strayed that far OUTSIDE the law.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »

So d fact dat the COP at d time was a crook eh mean that d peeps below him learn d tricks ah d trade and now peeps like Bakr was able 2 open d floodgates. He open d door now others walkin through it. If it was not he somebody else would have done it but iof d top cop is a crook how u expect crime not 2 b eventually a problem

truetrini

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2009, 08:08:28 PM »
Burroughs and he Flying Squad were a law unto deyself, people get jailed, innocent and guilty alike, if yuh did cross he and he band ah men.

Criminals got cut down down easy, easy...like green bush under ah gilpin...in fact it amounted to State Sanctioned murder!

Burroughs was behind drug trafficking in T&T after de man get de Trinity Cross and make commish, he get investigated for cocaine trafficking.

Is true he was never convicted but de Scott Drug report name him and he was even tried for murder, but again acquitted.

Talk all over town even in de earlies was dat Burroughs used to control Cali Bay Couva.

no doubt he was a criminal

truetrini

« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »
http://library2.nalis.gov.tt/infofiles/collect/news3/index/assoc/HASH5c6a/5f22b3e7.dir/doc.pdf

interesting find..I actually remember this incident

One of my classmates sister was Beverly Jones..we used to call him Rata Bunny.....

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »
what should they do with the little girl ? sense is she put out the hit .

It is apparent to me that trinidad is becoming infested with sociopaths ! thats a mental problem when you have no conscience about killing . Kids should be monitored and sick once should be kept track off  ,and given meds .

what causing this mental disorder that wrecking the old country...is it the water ..old lead pipes ,happens a lots in our poorer areas ?

RIP little guy .

You very right Quagmire, Trinidad has an extremely high per capita amount of people with different levels of mental illness.

The cause is mainly abuse at home coupled with abuse at school resulting in a lack of desire and intense dislike for education.

The education system, particularly early childhood and primary, are very abusive and stifle children's natural verbal expressiveness and it's very repressive and instills fear in them, that along with many other ills in society builds hate in them.

To be brief the abuse at home is largely because of how pressurized most people are in this country, people work hard but can hardly afford basic food and amenities, and have to live in slum-like communities. Being under constant pressure significantly contributes to the widespread mental illness and subsequent abuse of their own children out of frustration, and all the conflict in these children's heads, whose minds are not supposed to have to deal with all these issues and intense pressure at home and at school(the place that is supposed to be an escape, but is even more ruled by fear) aids in these children becoming jaded and numb.(Will eventually lead to them having a level of mental illness too)

All the right combinations and ingredients have come together in this country, and the result is that Trinidad is simply an effieciently breeding ground for mentally ill people, psychopaths and criminals.

There's tons of other issues to add to this equation, but that's all I can or want to think of now. I've done plenty pondering on this. I sometimes imagine gathering together different experts on these topics and writing an all encompassing grand report on this country, it's problems and underlying issues, their causes and underlying causes, the history that created them and allowed them to fester, and an all-encompassing master plan on how to solve the problems. That would be nice, because I've said this a long time ago, and I've recently heard other people start saying it too, and that is that EVERY system, sector and service in this country needs to be closely looked at and studied and reworked, in order to fix our problems. Every system has the trademark T&T stamp of haphazard on them. There will always be problems and things less than ideal in countries, even when you look at some of the best countries in the world to live- Japan, Iceland, Denmark, etc, they still have their fair share of problems, but I can tell you one thing- it a damn lot less than we have over here.

Fail to plan and you've planned to fail, and they've planned exhaustively and extensively, and implemented.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »

he was probably worse than dat....but ppl didnt need no metal cage surroundin dey doors and windows when he was around

Dutty u smarter than dat. D drug trade began on his watch. Carli Bay still have ships comin in because of he. So because of d drugs that now in d country we have 2 live behind cages. As 4 himbeing as corrupt as d present set he was their mentor.

daiz the story i hear, even in the press
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2009, 03:40:32 PM »

Peeps talkin bout Bakr all yuh 4get he was police who know it eh Burroughs who teach him. Anyways if he strt 2 bring guns in Carli Bay d next man after he no longer on d scene where u tink he startin Maracas Bay.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »

lol maracas bay

Peeps talkin bout Bakr all yuh 4get he was police who know it eh Burroughs who teach him. Anyways if he strt 2 bring guns in Carli Bay d next man after he no longer on d scene where u tink he startin Maracas Bay.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2009, 02:32:55 AM »
I just have one question for all who saying this and dat about boroughs!! if boroughs was alive and well in T&T today and was running the route wid the flying squad, would we have all this uncontrolable crime in the society TODAY ??!!  and fack what criminal activity he was involved in , just answer the queation!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2009, 05:22:14 AM »
I just have one question for all who saying this and dat about boroughs!! if boroughs was alive and well in T&T today and was running the route wid the flying squad, would we have all this uncontrolable crime in the society TODAY ??!!  and fack what criminal activity he was involved in , just answer the queation!!

the burroughs example (specifically, the effect he had on lawlessness) just showin us that from the criminals' point of view, 'ordinary' policing is not a deterrent simply BECAUSE in a democracy with a semi-mature justice system, policing within the bounds of the law is a sorry waste of time. 

Any sensible CoP would soon realise that in order to get the job done, yuh hadda fly high (above de law) strike swift...the old adage - Drastic times call for drastic measures.  Inevitably, some truly innocent people go get caught up in de purge for maybe movin in de wrong circles. (Dey should know better)

F**k de party in power and take it into yuh own hands - when yuh units start to command respect and dey stop finding innocent women takin taxi to work brutally raped with dey face bash een with a big jagged rock, then yuh might even end up with a Trinity F**kin Cross!

Dem criminal and dem moving like terrorists and when (if!) dey get hold, civilian rules apply.  As a killa on de hill, me eh have you to study - is ME who go make YOU fraid to f**kin sleep tonight and keep checkin dat yuh relatives allright every hour!

Would-be rapists, kidnappers and murderers only too aware of the combination of -

the lack of police resources,

the porous justice system

the easy availability of guns

the proliferation of police/army no-go areas

the amount of pardners dey have in de force

the reluctance of witnesses to testify

how easy it is to paralyze a community with fear

how quickly they could make lawlessness overtake de rule of law

...all because "...is Trinidad."

Should a man with balls decide to take up where Burroughs an de flyin squad left off, de situation would rapidly improve, talk done.

Dem men an dem need to wake up in de mornin with the thought that it have a man who go find dem an mash dem een brutally if dey even get ketch near drugs, guns, conspiracy to kidnap, rape, whaeva...dey need a personality to let them know that their breed cyah proliferate in a small place like T&T.

Dey hadda KNOW dat and FEAR dat.  "Respect" and all ah dem ideals go come with de next generation...for now, f**k it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »
the burroughs example (specifically, the effect he had on lawlessness) just showin us that from the criminals' point of view, 'ordinary' policing is not a deterrent simply BECAUSE in a democracy with a semi-mature justice system, policing within the bounds of the law is a sorry waste of time. 

Any sensible CoP would soon realise that in order to get the job done, yuh hadda fly high (above de law)

I'm sorry but this part here is just nonsense.  In fact quite the opposite, in any mature and functional democracy just the OPPOSITE is true... rule of law reigns supreme and whatever changes need to be implemented to ensure proper functioning of law and order could properly be had via the electoral process.  That is to say government in a democracy should have the mandate (from the people) and the power to implement effective law enforcement strategies without crossing the bounds of legality.  If the government officials in charge can't get the process done, then the people (in a "mature democracy") have the ability to vote them out and put officials in power who can.

We have such a system in Trinidad... people just refuse, or don't know how to shake free of party politics long enough to hold elected officials accountable at the ballot box.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2009, 11:51:03 AM »
Just to add my 2 cents here

If any of you can find the story online...two of the other daily papers explained what happened.

It is alleged that the youth was a prankster and went to school with a lighter. It was reported that he burnt the hair of a girl in his class. The article quotes his classmates and his mother etc.

It was even reported that the mother of the child came into school, apologised to the girls parents etc.

The girl called a shot on him..the words used were quoted and it was mentioned in the article that her brother is a notorious ganster.

They went on to describe how the assailant sat on a wall, waited etc shot him, ran behind him, shot him again etc.

So the boy loses his life...the papers has the entire story, how the shot get call, how the parents apologise, they know who the shooter is, they know the girl who hair get burnt, her family connections etc.

AND NOT ONE PERSON HAS BEEN CHARGED, INTERROGATED, ARRESTED etc.

Dat is what going on down here.

All who see...dey know...but they will remain silent for fear it happens to them.

The parents of the boy know as well.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2009, 11:57:46 AM »

If any of you can find the story online...two of the other daily papers explained what happened.

It is alleged that the youth was a prankster and went to school with a lighter. It was reported that he burnt the hair of a girl in his class. The article quotes his classmates and his mother etc.

It was even reported that the mother of the child came into school, apologised to the girls parents etc.

The girl called a shot on him..the words used were quoted and it was mentioned in the article that her brother is a notorious ganster.

They went on to describe how the assailant sat on a wall, waited etc shot him, ran behind him, shot him again etc.

So the boy loses his life...the papers has the entire story, how the shot get call, how the parents apologise, they know who the shooter is, they know the girl who hair get burnt, her family connections etc.

All who see...dey know...but they will remain silent for fear it happens to them.

Yeah I read that story in de earlies too... but somehow the song and tune changing now.  The same story is where they said the police was looking for the girl brother... a 35-year old who confronted the deceased yute and his friend.

If true, is only a matter of time before that so-called "gangster" meet up with his fate.

Offline Bamboo Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »

Any sensible CoP would soon realise that in order to get the job done, yuh hadda fly high (above de law)

I'm sorry but this part here is just nonsense.  In fact quite the opposite, in any mature and functional democracy just the OPPOSITE is true... rule of law reigns supreme and whatever changes need to be implemented to ensure proper functioning of law and order could properly be had via the electoral process.  That is to say government in a democracy should have the mandate (from the people) and the power to implement effective law enforcement strategies without crossing the bounds of legality.  If the government officials in charge can't get the process done, then the people (in a "mature democracy") have the ability to vote them out and put officials in power who can.

We have such a system in Trinidad... people just refuse, or don't know how to shake free of party politics long enough to hold elected officials accountable at the ballot box.

hard luck dey Bakes, but is actually de justice system ah referrin to as half-ripe, not the democracy.

And half-ripe in de sense that just like a baby have all de facets of an adult, our justice system, from de cops to de courts, have all de right names for dey "departments" but none ah dem really developed in the sense of...working.

De democracy part intact as long as PNM winnin.  Ent? (random shot)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2009, 07:03:30 PM »

u asking IF?

We cant answer that, and u cant either.

How much did crime increase after buroughs times til the 90s?
Or how was the crime situation when burroughs took over?
Anyone?
(I young-ish   so i really dont know.)
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »
JC i honestly fell if de fox was in he hayday in this era he would have been taken out.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2009, 02:23:46 AM »
JC i honestly fell if de fox was in he hayday in this era he would have been taken out.
Maybe!! but he woulda take nuff ah dem wid him!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2009, 06:29:50 AM »

BURROUGHS WAS LITTLE DIFFERENT FROM THOSE THAT HE KILLED!

He was not a real law man, he was a gang leader and his gang was the Flying Squad.  He systematically eradicated HIS OPPOSITION.

His policing tactics were simple, who running drugs and not part of my clique dead!

How is that different from what those rival gangs are doing in T&T now?

The fact is we do need drastic measures now, but making Burroughs some sort of great crime fighting machine is bullshit.

f**k he dead ass.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »

BURROUGHS WAS LITTLE DIFFERENT FROM THOSE THAT HE KILLED!

He was not a real law man, he was a gang leader and his gang was the Flying Squad.  He systematically eradicated HIS OPPOSITION.

His policing tactics were simple, who running drugs and not part of my clique dead!

How is that different from what those rival gangs are doing in T&T now?

The fact is we do need drastic measures now, but making Burroughs some sort of great crime fighting machine is bullshit.

f**k he dead ass.

Breds yuh tallking outa timing!

i didn't want tuh talk , but i knew a few of the flying squad members BC they was friends with my old man, and meh inlaw's father who was a superintendant and he hated the "B" with a passion, so i have a few facts of my own.

my older brother was also a jail bird and boroughs made a coupple ah trips to our house tuh put meh bredder in check!

he also made a few trips tuh meh neighbor's house BC he was also on boroughs list!

borough killed more robbers and black power activist than drug dealers any day!!!

here's a list of the ppl he killed! freedom fighters= guy hearwood,beverly jones, abba, brian jeffers,the st margrets lane massacre, he also wanted tuh kill dave D'arbrau and chet swayo murai but failed. all these men were freedom fighters and not drug dealers!

robbers= mapp feable, robert garraway, christophor dread pascal, micheal balasco, barry brown, and he also tried tuh kill these cats and failed= cristophor (minty) spence, cuthbert (scotty) charles, owen fontain, jerry roberts , alvin (bachannal) wiliams, cool man junks, jeffery (beef ) worm, foul, and the notorious coffee from the harp! all these men was robbers, and notorious gun men! and not drug dealers.

truetrini

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2009, 07:18:27 PM »
what freedom fighters?  NUFF?  That was a front for bank robbers and drug dealers!  dem Nuff fellas used to walk into police station and take de police guns, Burroughs was using de Army to hunt NUFF down...dem was joint police army ops.   And even den de police was shit in de bush

Burroughs used to be liming on Dundonald street when Cordner and de rest was killing..steups..

bandits,murderers and drg dealers   dat was burroughs and he so-called flying squad..leh we differ  I know what I know

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2009, 07:28:05 PM »

Dat is 1 version dat d papers say what happen another papers say d girl family eh no gangster and dat they eh do nutten and d chile fraid 2 go 2 school since d incidence. Remember dem is d same media dat carry d story bout container of chirren

truetrini

« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »
I remember in 1992 Assistant Police Commish Rodwell Murray alleged that there was a drugt cartel operating in teh TT Police Force....before dat in 1987 52 police get suspended all ah dem Randy boys for drug related crimes, and den he he self resign!  Robinson even suspended a customs man and 4 judges...bankers name get calle as well as 5 PNM members in Chambers cabinet!

Can you say Scott Drug Report?   RANDY BURROUGHS Name was everywhere on dat..........everywhere!

George Chamnbers did repress it if I remember correctly, and is only when my party NAR come in power things get revealed.

JC yuh doh remember the La Tinta commission?

bout de police sting dat went sour a policeman dead and 17 police get suspended ..again more men dat Burroughs did make!  Coincidence?

NAH!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2009, 03:55:30 AM »
Ah hear yuh talk bout nuff like if nuff was the only black power movement on the island around that time.

it had ah few fallas opposing the establishment including NJAC. now i will ask yuh one thing and be very honest wid meh! yuh really believe dave D' arbruae was ah bandit disguised as an activist?? what about brian jeffers, and chet murai!

i don't think daga had anything tuh do wid drugs or criminal activity! but how come boroughs was always up his arse! ah do agree that beverly jones and guy heywood was involved in crime, but not d' arbruae and jeffers!

what about the hard core criminals i mentioned, what drugs were they selling? NON!! all they did was rob and kill ppl! and boroughs still mash dem up.

BTW, when i was a yute i saw boroughs in my yard wid ah big sub machine gun and 5:45 in the morning looking to sneak up on my nieghbor! dat don't sound like like ah lazy fella who does be hanging out on dundonald st  while his soldiers do the dirty work!

truetrini

« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2009, 05:42:10 AM »
Burroughs was present in the earlies, after he built his death squad...he was hardly present on dem raids.  I know dat for a FACT!

He went after NAJC yes, but dat was because he was the state's answer to any and all challenges.  In odder words he was dey sanctioned killer!

The man had so much power he did what he wanted and no one said peep!

NUFF was a so-called Marxist Leninist movement and I remember when dem bold faced jokers went into Forest Reserve Estate police station and shoot up de place and tief ah setta guns.  dat was in May 1972  dat was de end ah dem. 
NUFF and dem was not bandits per se, but they were certainly misguided

By the way dem was not associated with Joint NationaL action comm. later to become NJAC.

Yuh rememebr URO and Youth Forces and Working Classs organization?  I was de youngest member of that group.

The URO was the United Revolutionary Organization, dey were de first to talk about womens' discrimination in Trinidad and Tobago.

I remember when I went to Tobago I could go to some beaches as I was red, but a dark man was denied!  Same with bank jobs, and membership in de Country Club!

I was dey in Basil Davis funeral...yuh remember dat?  It had a about 20k present mostly all wearing green and black....I was real young, but I recall like it was yesterday.

Burroughs called NUFF the number one enemy...dat meant all ah dem dead....NUFF rob bank, shoot down police tief from police stations and was planting weed!

NJAC is responsible for the black consciousness in T&T for the most part.  They doh get enough credit for that, and dey included indians too!

Black was considered as good....no more need to straighten hair etc....before NJAC there was no Women's Affairs Ministry etc. 

I remember when HATT formed...House Wives assoc of T&T  (  dem still around?) dem lead protests over high food prices.....lol  it worked too!

Oil boom come, and money run like water in Trinidad and Tobago, yet none eh reach Laventille and Morvant!  NONE!  We paying de price now...!

By the way  who killed Beverly Jones as she lay on the ground?  Lay on de facking ground?  A teenager, pregnant and riddled with police bullets?  Not yuh hero Burroughs and he boys?

MURDER! by MURDERERS!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:46:18 AM by Trinity Cross »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »
TT yuh all over the place now!! the reason i mentioned nuff and NJAC is BC you said boroughs only killed his competitors and i disagreed and showed proof that he killed criminals and freedom fighters alike, and even much more than drug dealers!

there were a few fellas that sold drugs whom borroughs santioned! beta lal, naim naya, teddy mice khan, dr rat, banlon, bulls, tuks from belmont, the ramlochan brothers so i've been told. dole chadee, and i'm sure there were much much more!

borroughs had so much men working for him that he really didn't have no need tuh kill his competitors, to me he had better reason to kill bandits who like tuh rob drug dealers rather than fellas who who selling dope, plus he didn't buy drugs BC when he raided them he took a portion to his pushers!

as for him being my boy, please! the only reason i bigging up boroughs is BC today in T&T police only interested in bobol and not crime fighting, and all i said was if boroughs was alive today crime would not be so out of controll! and for that i will big him up, but he's in no wise my boi! stuueepppsss!

BTW bro, i'm fully aware of NJAC'S contribution to our society since i was a junior member, and used to attend meetings @ duke st as well as hermitage RD in belmont. my parents and grand parents used to tell me all about colonial and post colonial ills, some of which you mentioned including the beach and bank scenario.          positive.

1]; } ?>