March 28, 2024, 05:12:26 AM

Author Topic: Child Abuse & Murder News Thread  (Read 102784 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eight Pregnant schoolgirls could be suspended!
« Reply #630 on: May 21, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »
are students ignorant of what sex is and what it can result in?)

You would be surprised!!!!

ENTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 21, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
And why should the school be burdened with providing child care? If they made the choice they should deal with the consequences best they can. And if the girls getting suspended the boys should be too...why should they suspend the girls but not the boys?
:thumbsup:

It's this mindset that has our country going to the dogs now. The older generation with the whole deal with the consequences speech..Blah blah blah...Imagine our country still doesn't recognise and teach Sex education in school. A basic human function such as reproductive health is still hushed about and treated like taboo. Just remember you only make a bad decision when you are uneducated or ill informed. When the teenage mother fails to properly guide and provide for her children, the state is going to have to fit the costs of incarcerating and rehabilitating this person in years to come.

Not saying no to Sex Education - (are students ignorant of what sex is and what it can result in?) - I'm disagreeing that schools should take on the burden for providing child-care.

And I am agreeing that if the girls are to be suspended then so should the boys who were involved.
That does not mean I agree that the girls should be suspended though but how do they continue attending school with big belly when they have to be preparing to have and look after baby? Obviously discipline in that school is lacking and maybe removing corporal punishment in schools has assisted in the breakdown of discipline.

Regarding sex education in schools I am sure most schools in T&T teach basic sex education so I believe lack of discipline is more of a factor here than lack of sex education.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:24:33 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 21, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »
And why should the school be burdened with providing child care? If they made the choice they should deal with the consequences best they can. And if the girls getting suspended the boys should be too...why should they suspend the girls but not the boys?

It's this mindset that has our country going to the dogs now. The older generation with the whole deal with the consequences speech..Blah blah blah...Imagine our country still doesn't recognise and teach Sex education in school. A basic human function such as reproductive health is still hushed about and treated like taboo. Just remember you only make a bad decision when you are uneducated or ill informed. When the teenage mother fails to properly guide and provide for her children, the state is going to have to fit the costs of incarcerating and rehabilitating this person in years to come.

Not saying no to Sex Education - (are students ignorant of what sex is and what it can result in?) - I'm disagreeing that schools should take on the burden for providing child-care.

And I am agreeing that if the girls are to be suspended then so should the boys who were involved.
That does not mean I agree that the girls should be suspended though but how do they continue attending school with big belly when they have to be preparing to have and look after baby? Obviously discipline in that school is lacking and maybe removing corporal punishment in schools has assisted in the breakdown of discipline.

Regarding sex education in schools I am sure most schools in T&T teach basic sex education so I believe lack of discipline is more of a factor here than lack of sex education.

Allyuh realise what we talking about here?

This is like mass suicide turn around,  8 girls from the same school from the same football team get pregnant at the same time.
And allyuh want to provide daycare ?

Fooking laughable  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Teen moms must get an education
« Reply #633 on: May 22, 2014, 09:12:47 AM »
Teen moms must get an education
By Cecily Asson Wednesday, May 21 2014 (T&T Newsday)

EDUCATION must remain the focal point for girls who become pregnant while still in primary or secondary schools, Minister of State in the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development Senator Raziah Ahmed said yesterday.

According to Ahmed, it must be the continued focus for teenagers, if they want to escape the harsh circumstances which tend to follow such an event in their early lives.

It was Ahmed’s response when questioned by the media on allegations made over the weekend by the National Parent Teachers Association about pregnant students.

Ahmed delivered the feature address yesterday at the first in a series of three stakeholders consultations on the establishment of a National Commission for Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equity at the City Hall in San Fernando.

She told reporters: “In general, our ministry will work in collaboration with the Ministry of Education to investigate those reports as fully as we can. Our perspective is that children who find themselves in these circumstances, must continue their education and we have to find ways and means of ensuring that they continue their education in order that they could take better care of their children and ensure a family unit that is sustainable and healthy.”

She told Newsday on Monday, the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development met with their heads of department and the matter was discussed.

She further said, “We got some preliminary reports but we still need to ascertain what is the final truth as to the number of girls (involved) and their whereabouts. Education is critical if they are to continue and escape the kind of harsh circumstances that attend young girls who find themselves pregnant.”

Speaking earlier to the packed woman’s forum at City Hall auditorium yesterday, Ahmed stressed the need for the establishment for a National Commission for Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equity. She said such commissions are already established in Belize, Canada, India, Pakistan and Guyana to advance the rights and privilege of women.

She said Trinidad and Tobago had previously established the National Commission on the Status of Women which functioned from March 1974 to 1976. Among those who served on the body that was led by chairperson Judge Elizabeth Bourne-Holland, the first female judge in Trinidad and Tobago, was late founder and Editor-in-Chief of Newsday, Therese Mills and Principal Medical Officer, Dr Norma Andrews.

Described as “powerhouses” and “pioneers”, Ahmed said as her ministry forges ahead in their plan to set up another commission, the work of women who went before, must not be forgotten.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 22, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
[quote

[/quote]

So who should? It's a teachable moment to other students. So if child-care isn't provided what's the likelihood of these girls dropping out????99-100%? When they drop out the cycle of teenage pregnancy begins because they will be severely under-educated.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 22, 2014, 09:48:52 AM »

Because 17 years later, if you don't deal with it you will deal with 5 more who can't read and coming with guns in dey hand to lock yuh 4king neck.  :thinking:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 22, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »

So who should? It's a teachable moment to other students. So if child-care isn't provided what's the likelihood of these girls dropping out????99-100%? When they drop out the cycle of teenage pregnancy begins because they will be severely under-educated.

You think it's practical and feasible (never mind the cultural nuances) for the school to provide child care for them? Yeah, ok.

Clearly dem wasn't studying school in the first place. 8 girls in one school? Wha de jail happening in that school? And one girl is a Form 1 student...steups.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:18 AM »

You think it's practical and feasible (never mind the cultural nuances) for the school to provide child care for them? Yeah, ok.

Clearly dem wasn't studying school in the first place. 8 girls in one school? Wha de jail happening in that school? And one girl is a Form 1 student...steups.

Lack of discipline has obviously broken down in the school and I might be wrong but I think this could have a direct connection with them banning corporal punishment in T&T schools.

Some cut-asrse from a teacher or the principal when those students were first caught getting up to mischief might have saved 8 girls from getting pregnant by fellow students later down the line.

This is exactly what Hellen Bartlett was saving her daughter from ending up being a victim of and many folks tried to condemn her.

Now tell me which is better, some last resort corporal punishment done out of love for the children not ruining their lives or this?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »
Fully agree with the notion that the girls must not abort their education.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 22, 2014, 12:37:29 PM »
Fully agree with the notion that the girls must not abort their education.

They all say that they want to continue their education but it eh as easy as that. Who as we does say who minding the child when she goes back to school? So Jumbie suggestion might be the answer to that. In JA there is Women's Centre where they go when they are pregnant then they are are allowed renentry to Secondery school but a different school.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 22, 2014, 02:41:23 PM »

It happens more often than you would think. At one high school I know of there were 75 pregnant student at the same time (different due dates).

You can't just write off the girls like that. They are still young and with some assistance can go on to become very productive members of society. To say that "dem eh studying school" can be a very wrong statement. Many girls and boys who are exemplary at their studies do make social and life changing mistakes. Abandoning the teenagers at this time does more harm than good to our society. We need to provide - as much as possible - necessary support in what ever means to aid these people in turning their lives for the better.

We need to stop just throwing people under the bus at the drop of a hat, especially our young people. If these were hard back man and woman ok fine. However, these are people who can still be nudged in the right direction, into making better decisions, and becoming responsible citizen.

Though it may still be taboo in our society, we need to get over the hump and face these decisions and reality head on not just "for dem", but for "all ah we".
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 22, 2014, 02:56:16 PM »

It happens more often than you would think. At one high school I know of there were 75 pregnant student at the same time (different due dates).

You can't just write off the girls like that. They are still young and with some assistance can go on to become very productive members of society. To say that "dem eh studying school" can be a very wrong statement. Many girls and boys who are exemplary at their studies do make social and life changing mistakes. Abandoning the teenagers at this time does more harm than good to our society. We need to provide - as much as possible - necessary support in what ever means to aid these people in turning their lives for the better.

We need to stop just throwing people under the bus at the drop of a hat, especially our young people. If these were hard back man and woman ok fine. However, these are people who can still be nudged in the right direction, into making better decisions, and becoming responsible citizen.

Though it may still be taboo in our society, we need to get over the hump and face these decisions and reality head on not just "for dem", but for "all ah we".

75 pregnant at the same time? Was that in Trinidad?

Anyway, I'm not "writing them off" although I don't agree with molly-coddling or condoning schupidness. Yes, of course encourage them to finish their education and get their lives back on track, but saying that the school should provide child care - no. Impractical and inappropriate. Trinidad isn't North America and that isn't even the norm here.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 22, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »
Pregnant student stays in school

Nalinee Seelal
T&T Newsday
May 21 2014

A Form Two student, four months pregnant, has been allowed to continue her education at a secondary school in central Trinidad.

Newsday understands the girl’s mother asked the school administration to allow her daughter to attend classes during her pregnancy. The girl has been referred to a counsellor at the school.

The mother has reportedly told officials due to her own circumstances she was not in a position to deal with her daughter’s situation, but wanted the child to stay in school. The girl has indicated she wants to finish school after her baby is born.

It has been said the father, believed an older Form Five student, got her pregnant, although she admitted she also had sexual relations with a taxi-driver.

School authorities have reported the case to the police but up until yesterday neither the schoolboy or the taxi driver were questioned.

Several parents have opposed the school’s decision to allow the pregnant student to still attend classes, as they believe other girls may think it is fine to be sexually active and will be allowed to stay in school if they become pregnant.

There is also a report that a Form Five student became pregnant during a relationship with a soldier but opted to remain at home until the birth of her child.

These are among the latest cases of teen pregnancies that have surfaced this week, following disclosure of eight pregnancies at a school in south Trinidad by president of the National Parent Teachers Association Zena Ramatali. Police have since confirmed four pregnancies, with a man being charged for having sex with a teen in one of these cases.

In response, Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh has said the pregnant students should be suspended.

An official of the Education Ministry yesterday said the case of the Central student will be investigated.

Yesterday, Ramatali, who has been calling for sex education to be part of the school syllabus, said she did not agree that the Central student be allowed in school.

“I think it is not a good example for the pregnant student to be allowed to attend school. They could be allowed to have the baby then placed in another school,” she said.

However, Ramatali said rising teen pregnancies were “very heart wrenching” as “young vulnerable children... are being taken advantage of and no one is being held accountable for it.”

“We need the intervention of the relevant authorities, with the Ministry of Education, the Student Support Services which can offer counselling and we need other agencies such as the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development, all these Ministries can offer services to children who have found themselves in this dilemma,” she said.

Ramatali said parents also need counselling.

“We need continued counselling and support for parents especially mothers who have now taken on the responsibility so that the students who have found themselves in this situation can be counselled and returned to school,” she said.

A press conference by the Education Ministry scheduled for today has been cancelled and a statement is expected to be issued, according to a release yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:03:33 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 22, 2014, 08:04:42 PM »
Suspension for being pregnant? ???

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 22, 2014, 08:28:14 PM »
Why they not calling for the boys to be suspended too? The girls didn't get pregnant by themselves. And that taxi-driver should be arrested. The more things change the more they stay the same.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 23, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »
Why they not calling for the boys to be suspended too? The girls didn't get pregnant by themselves. And that taxi-driver should be arrested. The more things change the more they stay the same.

You real "dotish" , oui ?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »
?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 23, 2014, 03:45:01 PM »
?

The "dotish" is in quotes. Dose of sacarsm!

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Left in Car dies...
« Reply #648 on: May 25, 2014, 02:52:24 AM »

Child rescued from locked car
Published:
Sunday, May 25, 2014
RENUKA SINGH
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-05-25/child-rescued-locked-car

Fast acting police officers of the Chaguanas Police Station yesterday rescued a young, hysterical child from the back seat of a locked car, parked in Price Plaza, Chaguanas. Some 40 minutes later, the same officers arrested an older male relative who eventually made his way back to the car with a trolley full of goods from the nearby PriceSmart.

The police officers were forced to break the glass of the black Toyota Corolla to get the child out and the weeping young boy clung to a female police officer who gave him a bottle of water. The older man, of Chinese descent, did not speak much English but challenged the arresting police officer, asking what he was being arrested for.

The Sunday Guardian spoke with eyewitnesses who said the shoppers noticed the child crying and gasping for air in the locked vehicle. They flagged down a passing police vehicle and officers reacted quickly to remove the child from the hot, airless vehicle. No one could say how long the child was in the vehicle, but shoppers said the mall was very busy and shopping was taking some time.

The male relative, dressed in a grey T-shirt, blue jeans and white cap, paid little attention to the child in the officer’s arms; he gesticulated at the broken glass. Officers handcuffed the man and called a wrecker to remove his car. In a subsequent interview with Central Division head, senior superintendent Johnnie Abraham, the Sunday Guardian learned that the man would be charged with child endangerment. “The child is between one and two years old,” he said.

“He was noticed to be sweating profusely and gasping for breath and officers were forced to break the glass to get him out,” Abraham said. Curious onlookers and witnesses recalled a similar situation just last week when 17-month-old Jaedon Cudjoe died after being left unattended in a locked car for several hours. “People have to be held accountable. Jump high, jump low, he going to be charged,” Abraham said.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Left in Car dies...
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2014, 03:09:29 AM »
The police officers were forced to break the glass of the black Toyota Corolla to get the child out and the weeping young boy clung to a female police officer who gave him a bottle of water. The older man, of Chinese descent, did not speak much English but challenged the arresting police officer, asking what he was being arrested for.

Might explain his conduct which glaringly defies repetition in light of the Cudjoe incident.

It doesn't excuse him, but it goes some way to explain his seeming lack of awareness.

He was minutes away from a manslaughter charge.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Another teacher arrested for having sex with student
« Reply #650 on: October 24, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »

D.C. Teacher Arrested for Having Sex With Student Pleads Not Guilty

A substitute teacher in D.C. accused of having sex with a student on her first day at the school pleaded not guilty.
Symone Greene, 22, was working at Options Public Charter School in Northeast D.C. on Friday when she first met the victim, a 17-year-old football player, according to court documents.

The student told police he was working as an office assistant and helped Green twice that day in her English class. The student says he flirted with Greene during class, gave her his cell phone number, and later received a text message from her.

While the student did not recall the exact contents of their messages, he said he did ask if she was "kinky."
She allegedly responded, 'I don't tell[;] I show,"
court documents state.

Toward the end of the school's pep rally that day, the teen went to Greene's classroom, where she allegedly performed oral sex behind the teacher's desk. The victim recorded the sex act and later shared the video with his teammates and a childhood friend.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Teacher-Arrested-for-Having-Sex-With-Student-280064732.html

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Shot Dead, No Arrest (George Zimmerman) !
« Reply #651 on: January 10, 2015, 01:52:19 PM »
George Zimmerman arrested on aggravated assault charge

MIAMI (AP) — Florida authorities say George Zimmerman, whose acquittal of murdering an unarmed black teen sparked a national debate on race and self-defense laws, has been arrested for allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend.

Zimmerman was released on a $5,000 bond Saturday afternoon. At a court appearance earlier Saturday, he was ordered to avoid contact with the woman, who was not identified.

Judge John Galluzzo gave few details of the incident, but said a wine bottle was involved and that the alleged assault happened at Zimmerman's Lake Mary home. Prosecutors questioned whether substance abuse treatment was needed, but the judge said that didn't seem to be a factor.

After the brief hearing, Zimmerman's attorney, Don West, told the Orlando Sentinel his client was arrested after allegedly throwing a wine bottle at his girlfriend several days ago.

Zimmerman was also told by the judge to stay out of Volusia County, where the woman lives.

The judge ordered Zimmerman to pack up any personal belongings his girlfriend may have left at Zimmerman's home and give them to his lawyer.

Zimmerman, who wore blue scrubs and handcuffs, appeared calm during the brief hearing. At one point, he laughed and joked with an officer as he signed paperwork.

Although the incident didn't involve a firearm, the judge ordered Zimmerman to surrender any weapons out of an abundance of caution.

Zimmerman is scheduled to appear back in court on Feb. 17.

No further details about the alleged assault were released. A message left for Seminole County Sheriff officials seeking further information about the incident was not immediately returned Saturday morning.

Since his acquittal, Zimmerman has had several brushes with the law:

— He was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief after his then-girlfriend said he pointed a gun at her face during an argument, smashed her coffee table and pushed her out of the house they shared. Samantha Scheibe decided not to cooperate with detectives and prosecutors didn't pursue the case.

— Zimmerman was accused by his estranged wife of smashing an iPad during an argument at the home they had shared. Shellie Zimmerman initially told a dispatcher her husband had a gun, though she later said he was unarmed. No charges were ever filed because of a lack of evidence. The dispute occurred days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers.

— Zimmerman has also been pulled over three times for traffic violations since his acquittal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Parents beating kids Thread
« Reply #652 on: January 24, 2015, 04:45:29 AM »
Couple accused of beating boy in video held
Sharlene Rampersad & Yvonne Baboolal (Guardian)

Two relatives of a 10-year-old boy featured in a video crying and clearing bushes with a garden hoe were detained by police yesterday, even as members of the public expressed outrage that the child was initially returned to the couple. Since being posted on Thursday morning, the video has gone viral on social media sites with over 20,000 people sharing it and thousands of others commenting, sparking heated debates on child abuse in T&T.

In the video, the boy tells the woman filming him that he has to clean the entire plot of land before one of the relatives returns home. When prompted, he raises his T-shirt and displays the bruises and marks on his body that he said he got after a beating with a belt buckle. The T&T Guardian contacted the woman who shot the video, using her cell phone, and visited her at her home in Crown Trace, Enterprise, yesterday.

Desiree Cabrales-Cupidore, a mother of one, said she and her husband, Chris, were chatting at the back of their home around 9.15 am on Thursday when they heard crying coming from some bushes next door. “We came outside and were talking, when we heard crying coming from the bushes. When we walked up this boy was just weeding the grass and crying,” she said. “I asked why he was doing that and he said he had to finish the work before the male relative comes home or he would be beaten.”

Cabrales-Cupidore said the boy looked exhausted and she offered him something to eat. Cabrales-Cupidore said the boy told her the male relative beats him and his seven-year-old brother. “I asked him why he was not in school and he said when he finish clean the land he could go to school.”

“He said he didn’t eat yet for the day. I want to know how they could find a boots for him to wear but not something for him to eat,” she said. “He said his mother does not know about the beatings and that he could not go home.” She gave him two pieces of cake and a Smalta, all the while asking him about his home life. “I asked him why he was not in school and he said when he finish clean the land he could go to school.”

Cabrales-Cupidore, who said she has known the child’s relatives her entire life, was appalled. She was even more distressed when, after the matter was reported to the police and they took the boy and his relatives into custody, hours later the police returned and dropped the family back off at their home.

Cops face disciplinary action

Head of the Central Division, Senior Supt Johnny Abraham, said the officers in question would face disciplinary action. Abraham said the police were awaiting the results of a medical done on the boy before charges could be laid. Psychologist Dianne Douglas, a guest on the Morning Brew, yesterday, said one of the problems with child abuse in T&T was that different agencies were not working with each other.

She said the police were supposed to report the incident to the Children’s Authority. Child rights activist, Diana Mahabir-Wyatt, who heads the Child Protection Task Force, said the Children’s Authority was awaiting one final piece of legislation before it could intervene in child abuse cases referred to them by the police. She said the legislation would be dealt with in Parliament next week and might be proclaimed by monthend.

She said for now the police would have to act on their own, adding, “Child labour and corporal punishment are against the law. “In cases like these, the police can pick up the parents.” Mahabir-Wyatt said the Children’s Authority, though not fully up and running, could still work with the police in such a situation. “The authority is fully staffed. There are trained people waiting to help abused children who are brought here.”

Minister: I’m appalled
Minister of Gender, Youth and Child Development Clifton De Coteau said he was disturbed after viewing the video. In a media release, De Coteau said he saw the video and was totally appalled and saddened by the incident.  He said he informed the director of National Family Services and the Victim Support Services. He said the family who were alleged to be involved were then interviewed at the Chaguanas Police Station.

De Coteau said the children  were then taken by police to the District Medical Officer (DMO) for medical examination. “At this juncture it is felt that the children are at risk and so a community residence is currently being sourced. Counselling is also being provided to the mother.”

“I would like all citizens to know we will execute every measure possible to ensure the safety of these children and I sincerely congratulate the members of the public who brought this situation to my attention. I ask the public to remain vigilant as our children are our responsibility,” he said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: To beat or Not to beat
« Reply #653 on: January 24, 2015, 07:45:25 PM »
wey dat one  bakes... why di hostility like I touch a nerve or what .. anyway abuse is where dem pastors touching  dem little boys.. dais abuse.. wey yu think bout this video yu think this one is abuse too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APrV0UOR-lo

war

Sad update on the fella in this video... less than a year later he was shot and killed.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8bKRE-r4mI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/X8bKRE-r4mI</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 11, 2015, 12:59:09 PM »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 12, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »
Seems like trouble follows him.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Children abuse in T&T
« Reply #656 on: January 19, 2016, 02:47:42 AM »
SEX ATTACK ON BABY
By Nalinee Seelal (Newsday).

TWO men are in custody assisting Rio Claro police detectives in their investigations into a case of sexual assault on a 13-monthold baby girl. One of the suspects, Newsday was told, is the boyfriend of the baby’s mother.

The case is one of top priority for the Child Protection Unit (CPU) of the TT Police Service whose head, Margaret Sampson-Browne, commended the victim’s grandmother for observing signs of the assault and calling in the police.

Although still awaiting a full report on the incident, Sampson- Browne told Newsday yesterday, “We will be offering support to the family to repair them because that 13-month-old baby cannot speak for herself, but the adults have to be counselled. They have to be the voice of that 13-month-old baby girl. So we are here to give support to the adults so that their voice will be stronger to protect the baby from further harm.” Sampson-Browne added that she will be taking a personal interest in the matter because, “a 13-monthold baby cannot protect itself ” and must be protected from evil adults by caring adults.

“I really want to thank the grandmother who observed and took it to the police authorities to protect the child from further harm,” Sampson-Browne reiterated.

The child is being treated at the Sangre Grande District Hospital while two suspects, aged 48 and 20, are being kept at the Rio Claro Police Station pending further enquiries. A medical examination of the child’s vagina, police sources said, revealed there was a widening of the area which was swollen and red. According to reports, at about 8.50 am on Sunday last, the baby’s 42-year-old grandmother, was giving her a bath at their home in East Trinidad when she observed that the child’s vagina was reddish and swollen and the child became further irritable when she continued to wash her. This behaviour aroused suspicion by the concerned grandmother.

The grandmother enquired from her 11-year-old grandson if he had any idea what may have happened to the baby. The youngster revealed to his grandmother that he had seen the baby’s mother’s boyfriend placing his fingers into the child two weeks ago.

The baby’s grandmother, accompanied by the 11-year-old, went to the police station later on Sunday and reported the matter to WPC Ferguson.

The baby was taken to the Sangre Grande District Hospital where she was medically examined by Dr Moses, who in his report stated there was physical evidence of trauma and assault as indicated by unusual widening of the vagina complete with redness and swelling.

Ferguson carried out enquiries and detained the 20-year-old boyfriend of the baby’s mother and a 48-year-old man.

The Child Protection Unit of the TT Police Service was informed and a report sent to the Children’s Authority.

Police were yesterday securing statements from several persons before they send the case file to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) pursuant to the laying of criminal charges.

Newsday was also told that the baby’s mother had stated to the police that she was unaware of the incident. However, the 11-yearold who witnessed the incident is said to have told police that he had informed the baby’s mother about the matter, but she told him he was telling untruths against her boyfriend who is not his father.

Newsday understands that the mother who is involved in an educational programme, was accustomed to leaving the baby in the care of her boyfriend and a 48-year-old man who lives a short distance away from the home of the child’s grandmother.

Police believe that this is not the first time that the child had been sexually assaulted.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Children abuse in T&T
« Reply #657 on: January 19, 2016, 07:41:31 PM »

Disgusting !

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #658 on: January 21, 2016, 02:53:45 AM »
17 CHINESE NETTED
By AZARD ALI (Newsday)

THE keen and alert observation of four police officers led to the netting of 17 Chinese nationals, believed to be in this country illegally, during an early morning dramatic chase yesterday. The 17 were spotted crammed in the tray of a Nissan Navara van by the officers who were in a police vehicle proceeding along the road behind the van.

Police sources said the 17 Chinese were all stooping low down in the tray, side by side so that the clothing on their backs appeared to be a single length of tarpaulin covering the square tray of the van.

The officers’ alert observations led to them realising that every now and then, the “tarpaulin” would shift and a head would appear before it ducked back down.

Police sources said that the tarpaulin effect of the illegal immigrants’ backs as their bodies were tightly packed side by side was an ingenious way of transporting them while hiding in plain sight in the van’s tray, especially in dim light during the pre-dawn hours.

The officers intercepted the van at four o’clock yesterday morning.

It was Corporal Uraish Ramsamooj and Police Constables Deon Ramjattan, Avinash Bhajan and Deon Lapix of the Court and Process Department of the San Fernando Police Station, who spotted the 17 immigrants while they (the officers) were in a marked police vehicle proceeding along the north-bound section of the Solomon Hochoy Highway.

The report stated, the officers were on their way to the Maximum Security Prison in Golden Grove, Arouca to escort a prison van back to the San Fernando High Court and magistrates’ court, as part of the the usual Monday to Friday routine. Upon reaching the intersection of the Pointe-a-Pierre refinery, the officers spotted a black Nissan Navara van ahead of them. Their curiosity was aroused when the truck slowed behind traffic and heads began to appear on what was at first thought to be a piece of tarpaulin across the tray.

As the van sped off when the traffic eased on the north-bound lane, the officers observed that the tarpaulin was really jerseys which ballooned by the strong breeze.

The immigrants kept their backs neatly aligned to each other as they remained in a bent over, stooping position. The officers decided to keep the van under surveillance.

“We were wondering what kind of tarpaulin was that with heads bobbing and weaving. At first the illusion of a piece of tarpaulin held firm for a while before we decided to pay closer attention and noticed heads raising and then bending back down. When we were convinced something was amiss, we decided to move in and intercept the vehicle,” one of the officers told Newsday.

As the officers drove up closer to the van, switched on the police emergency blue lights and sounded the siren, 17 men stood up in the tray as the immigrants gazed intently at the officers in the car.

When the officers used the squad car’s loud speaker to order the driver to stop, the vehicle slowed and the 17 illegal immigrants jumped off the moving vehicle and ran off in different directions - some heading into the compound of Stateowned Petrotrin.

The report stated, the police officers drew their firearms but were reluctant to fire warning shots due to the close proximity of the refinery.

They called for backup from the Highway Patrol Units and all of the 17 illegal immigrants were subsequently arrested. The report stated that the driver of the van, also a Chinese national, produced a Driver’s Permit, but only spoke Chinese to the officers. He too was detained.

Up to late yesterday, all 18 - 17 immigrants and the driver — remained in custody at the Immigration Office in San Fernando where they were being interrogated as to how they entered the country and the purpose for their arrival. The men could face charges of illegal entry and being in this country without lawful permission. Investigations are continuing.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 22, 2016, 08:02:45 AM »

"Break The Silence. Protect our Children”

Following is the text of a Press release issued by the Office of the Prime Minister
The Honourable Prime Minister and Minister of State are saddened by the reports in the daily newspapers concerning the safety of our nation’s children.

We have seen over the past few days issues of suicide, teenage pregnancy, child sexual abuse, teenage prostitution and the death of a child due to drowning. These are all horrendous experiences that have caused our children to suffer. As a people, we see our children as the cornerstone of our great nation, and recognise that acts of abuse and neglect are symptoms of a wider problem plaguing our society.

Child abuse and neglect are not acceptable. Silence only results in the festering of harmful thoughts and practices that negatively affect our children. We must talk about it. We must report it. We must break the silence.

The Office of the Prime Minister is committed to creating and supporting avenues that allow for free expression and open dialogue with our children. We endorse the right of every child to freedom of expression, recognizing that in this age of technology, children may choose non-traditional avenues to disclose information and share their feelings. We want to assure the nation that our state agencies and partners are monitoring these platforms, to ensure our children are heard and helped when needed.

To safeguard our children, several initiatives are underway to assist in understanding and preventing child abuse and neglect such as the “Break the Silence” campaign. These initiatives encourage citizens and in particular children, to speak out on abuse and neglect. The Office is ensuring that there are places of safety available to all children who have been abused, regardless of gender, sex, religious background, race and economic standings.

To promote and sustain a child-friendly environment, the Office of the Prime Minister would like to remind every citizen to join with the Government, as it is everyone’s responsibility to protect our children. As a nation, let us reflect on the positive ways in which we can impact a child’s life. Each child is precious and critical for our development as a society. We cannot pass the blame to someone else. We are all responsible. Let us break the silence against all forms of child abuse.

If you know or are suspicious of any incidents of child abuse or neglect, contact the Children’s Authority at 800-2014, or ChildLine at 800-4321.

1]; } ?>