March 28, 2024, 05:11:12 PM

Author Topic: West indian anthem my a$$ !!!  (Read 7964 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: West indian anthem my a$$ !!!
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 02:35:12 PM »
Yo RF why Jamaica always jealous we so? What we do allyuh? we give allyuh enough cheap oil, or lend allyuh enough money? What's up with that? Allyuh go make meh stop routing for allyuh oui. >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 02:35:50 PM »
go and play another one ah allyuh high profiled friendlies and leave the big boys alone nah

tnt

If its one thing I learn about you guys is that you all seem to get very emotional at times. all of T&T world cup qualifying and friendly games leading up to the world cup finals are being shown on the sport channel in Jamaica....and many jamaicans find the time to check out these games. as soon as a man is objective and make a "negative" comment, its like everyone here get hyper emotional.

Its almost as if you respect more the opinions of what RBZ supporters think about your chances than what the actual socawarriors supporters think.

RF now you know when some ah dem people watchin TnT play they watchin hoping to see...Ah Train Wreck.

If you know train passing at a certain time and might wreck....yuh doh want to put on the TV but yuh go put it on and watch. That isn't being supportive. But the train ent wreckin everytime the TV on though. I want us to make it to the 2nd round...and ah bet yuh Jamaicans ent jumping up in Kingston to celebrate with the Caribbean brothers.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »
go and play another one ah allyuh high profiled friendlies and leave the big boys alone nah

tnt

If its one thing I learn about you guys is that you all seem to get very emotional at times. all of T&T world cup qualifying and friendly games leading up to the world cup finals are being shown on the sport channel in Jamaica....and many jamaicans find the time to check out these games. as soon as a man is objective and make a "negative" comment, its like everyone here get hyper emotional.

Its almost as if you respect more the opinions of what RBZ supporters think about your chances than what the actual socawarriors supporters think.

We are emotional because we feel insulted by our so called Caribbean brothers, who in times of need, always come to us with their F*CKING hands out.

As for the opinions of RBZ, well they always seem to be negative towards us...their Caribbean brothers.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 02:44:28 PM »

tnt

hush yuh mudacondeensemilk  if yuh supporting support. yuh is not ah coach so keep yuh stupid predictions to yuhself.

CRICKET SCORES ???  or allyuh mean like what australia hit allyuh 6

OK man, calm down....world cup is only 3 weeks away,  idont have time to get into a cuss with you.

It wasnt me who predicted the cricket score....it was someone else....so dont crucify the wrong man.

Agaian, I'm looking forward to a good showing from CONCACAF, but something tells me that only Mexico will be advancing to the second round....I hope I'm wrong.

RF a poster on that site even boasted that if it was jamaica(the best rb side you all ever assembled) in that group they would have won and be more competitive.

steeuuuppss...The 1998 ReggaeBoyz couldn't even beat a Caribbean 11 in NYC ::) ::) give me ah thousand breaks.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 11:10:33 AM »
Yo RF why Jamaica always jealous we so? What we do allyuh? we give allyuh enough cheap oil, or lend allyuh enough money? What's up with that? Allyuh go make meh stop routing for allyuh oui. >:(

Jealous? We are jealous of you in terms of you being in the world cup, and we not being there. In fact, we are jealous of all the nations that made it...

Is that what you are reffering to?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »
up to now I ent hear one ting bout how it sound.  it good?  anybody hear it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 01:55:56 PM »
up to now I ent hear one ting bout how it sound.  it good?  anybody hear it?

Not too many people care it seems
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 02:29:09 PM »
true after all that was posted about the anthem, did anyone hear it? Was it played? Did it sound half decent?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 02:42:49 PM »

It might be in the game video skins posting.

I want to send it to people who asking what it sound like.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 02:52:23 PM »
TNT GERMANY 06'!!!   

glad 2 see allyuh now realise!

RF AND JAMAICA ARE GAY!

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2006, 02:58:44 PM »
All ah dem could kiss my a$$

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006, 09:06:48 PM »
West Indian anthem

West Indians now have a regional anthem
A new West Indian anthem was played for the first time on Wednesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain at the start of the pre-World Cup friendly between the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors and Peru.
Composer Ernie Ross, a Trinidad-based, Guyana-born advertising executive Ernie Ross , says it comes out of a need to establish a West Indian identity beyond cricket.

Mr Ross is also Trinidad and Tobago's Honorary Consul to Guyana.

"The West Indian identity has always largely been defined by cricket, but cricket has only been one - or perhaps the best known - expression of this identity", he told BBC Caribbean radio.

"In fact, it's quite ironic that at next year's Cricket World Cup to be hosted by the West Indies, all the other nations would have been playing their individual national anthems and hoisting their national flags, except for the West Indies.

It's against this background that the idea for a West Indian anthem came about."

The lyrics

We are united through struggles and triumphs of history.
We are the children of proud generations that yearned to be free
Rainbows of a people resilient and strong
We have created a home where we belong
The greatness of small treasures unearthed
A paradise land where cultures converge
to make West Indian nations colourful and proud
Our West Indian nations always shining
As one under God

(Music composed by Anil Hardithsingh, lyrics by Ernie Ross and Anil Hardithsingh)

A regional refrain

hopefully what we have created here is a vehicle through which people can participate in that expression of West Indian identity and feel proud about it.

Ernie Ross

Ernie Ross says copies of the composition will be sent around the region and each country and territory will be allowed to give it their own interpretation according to their heritage,"without altering the fundamentals of the work", he stresses.

"One of the requirements is that the music be played on the steel-pan, regarded as the common instrument of the Caribbean"

Ernie Ross explains that he had approached Guyana's president Bharrat Jagdeo with the composition, who then presented it to regional leaders at a Caricom summit this past February in Port of Spain, where it got the nod.

No contest

On why the West Indian anthem was not open to more public involvement Mr Ross says, "it would always be difficult to get a unanimous decision on a composition of a piece of music or a flag that would define the West Indies - the very nature of our development would suggest that."

He also feels that putting it out to competition "would have probably resulted in a hybrid of reggae, pan, zouk and soca.

At the end of the day an anthem is a classical composition which can be rendered in any number of ways."

The bigger issue, he declares, was to address the need for a formal expression of the West Indian identity.

According to the anthem's co-composer, "if the answer is yes, then hopefully, what we have created here is a vehicle through which people can participate in that expression of West Indian identity and feel proud about it."

Already one sports organisation, the Caribbean Football Union, has adopted it as their anthem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/news/story/2006/05/060511_westindiananthem.shtml

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »
nah. allyah too soft and reactionary. stop whining

I read some good positive analysis on the site too. There are definitely some Jamaicans who behind us even if they don't expect us to do that well.

when JA went to WC 98 real Trinis was jealous...but many were supportive. But name one Trini who really expected JA to beat Argentina? Not a flickin' one. big deal. For many, our expectations for our caribbean neighbors were relatively low even if the support was high. so why the rah rah when the boot is on the other foot?

Do not get tie up. Up to this point we have been a mediocre team. Improving, but we a ways from a solid WC calibre team. Only Trini passion and patriotism and the hope that we will improve moves us to dream of scaling the heights. And it is possible. But don't expect that of anyone else. We would feel the same way if JA was in our shoes...we would be shaking our heads if they had to come from behind to beat a Peru B team at home. Expectations and support can be negatively correlated...or else every one would be a Barcelona/ Chelsea/Brazil (insert any big name team here) fan
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:22:36 PM by Filho »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2006, 07:22:55 AM »
west indies only exist in cricket, football is tt, nothing else, i ent care bout ja football, nor anyone else football, de west indies anthem is garbage

Is where you living again?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »
What's wrong with the West Indian anthem? :idea:

No comment on the Inter-Caribbean fack fest :duel: ,
however having a west indies anthem for the soca warriors that is pure idoicy.
As far as cricket nothing could ever replace the unofficial anthem for west indies cricket from the one and only David Rudder  :notworthy:

Rally Round The West Indies [/font]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 11:08:19 PM by marcus »

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2006, 10:27:03 PM »
Right now is Trini in de World Cup and to hell wid ah West Indian Anthem ... David Rudder song was only for cricket and ah doh care wat de hell anybody tink .. IS TRINI ON DE WORLD STAGE .. WE CONQUOR, WE REACH AND WE WILL PREVAIL WIN LOSE OR DRAW ... Only ATrini Anthem MUST be heard in Germany 06 cuz dem JKs doh like we atall...
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2006, 10:51:25 PM »
Barbados just tief Trinidad entire outer continental shelf , an man talking about West Indian unity BS.

Trinidad giving de whole West Indies Oil an Gas an money fuh years all of ah sudden Chavez come an big big men run wid dey tail between dey leg an kiss he foot,

Everywhere yuh go in de WI as ah trini yuh does get pressure is only ah set ah trini haters out there.

But ah calm down now and must say that it have miniscule amount of true Carribean people an god bless dem.

But fuh all de haters ah big HYMC
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:55:52 PM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2006, 10:59:21 PM »
So lemme ask

When is this Anthem thing gonna be sung/played  again?
Would it be sung/play in every sporting event in the Caribbean or international instead of each island individual national anthem ?

Would the school children in every caribbean island hafta be taught the words ?

Cause if this is the case, I ain't see nothing wrong with dem playing for the first time on the local soil.
It kinda boring no ass (my opinion)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 11:58:14 AM by TriniCana »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2006, 11:10:32 AM »
West Indian anthem

The lyrics

We are united through struggles and triumphs of history.
We are the children of proud generations that yearned to be free
Rainbows of a people resilient and strong
We have created a home where we belong
The greatness of small treasures unearthed
A paradise land where cultures converge
to make West Indian nations colourful and proud
Our West Indian nations always shining
As one under God

(Music composed by Anil Hardithsingh, lyrics by Ernie Ross and Anil Hardithsingh).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/caribbean/news/story/2006/05/060511_westindiananthem.shtml

I hope this anthem's author refers only to the lesser antilles' nations. Still, why would Barbados and TnT have one anthem when they compete against each other? They both proud nations with strong cultures.

RF, I guess those Trinis are not our mother's children. Maybe, we should downgrade them to the status of distant cousins and wait untill their gas burn out in 3050, just a little bit after the end of the world, to see how they feel about us not being their brothers!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 11:13:29 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2006, 11:26:03 AM »
WI team play 2 ODI dis weekend.  Ah wonder if dat "anthem" ever get play?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2006, 03:43:20 AM »

west indies??
huh?

do they play football there?
or do they want to real bad

how sweet....

1]; } ?>