April 28, 2024, 01:29:47 AM

Author Topic: Men eh go believe this one... FULL PAGE COLOUR PULLOUT OF THE SOCA WARRIORS  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am working in Nicaragua this week.  Would you believe that there is a FULL PAGE COLOUR PULLOUT OF THE SOCA WARRIORS in the country's main daily newspaper!!!!!

It is a picture of the team before the second Bahrain game, with a write up on each player:

Just a summary on what they have said:

Jack: A goal keeper blessed with great reflexes

Lawrence: Very technically sound player with great height advantage for headers

Avery John: An "acceptable"left back who is very physical

Gray: A wing back with a very offensive mentality

Andrews: Poweful and fast

Birchall: Only white player on the team.  Very good technical skills.  Organises the midfield.

Edwards: Very offensive-minded winger with great ball control

Whitley: Tremendous physical condition.  Plays with tenacity for the full 90 minutes.

Yorke: 34 years of age but has a goal scorers instinct.  One of the key players on the team

Jones: Very physical presence in the center midfield.  21 years old and plays with Southampton

Stern John:  The key goalscorer on the team.  Knows how to lose markers and can get a strike on goal in very little space.

They also have bigger pictures of Stern and Dwight.

On style of play they say that as a team of "modest ability" Trinidad compensates by playing a physical game and good physical condition.  Lacking top quality players we rely on a top quality coach, his schemes and organization of the team.  Our best quality in the World Cup is that we have no pressure as we have nothing to lose.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 07:11:39 AM by Jahyouth »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Not bad analysis....it swell meh chest ah lil bit dey !
Warrior For Life !!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am working in Nicaragua this week.  Would you believe that there is a FULL PAGE COLOUR PULLOUT OF THE SOCA WARRIORS in the country's main daily newspaper!!!!!

It is a picture of the team before the second Bahrain game, with a write up on each player:

Birchall: Only white player on the team.  Very good technical skills.  Organises the midfield.

Whitley: Tremendous physical condition.  Plays with tenacity for the full 90 minutes.

Yorke: 34 years of age but has a goal scorers instinct.  One of the key players on the team

Jones: Very physical presence in the center midfield.  21 years old and plays with Southampton

Stern John:  The key goalscorer on the team.  Knows how to lose markers and can get a strike on goal in very little space.

On style of play they say that as a team of "modest ability" Trinidad compensates by playing a physical game and good physical condition.  Lacking top quality players we rely on a top quality coach, his schemes and organization of the team.  Our best quality in the World Cup is that we have no pressure as we have nothing to lose.

Jahyouth, is de daily available online?  Would be nice to see de print out if feaisble
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That is one of the better write ups on our team from a third-party. Wah them Nicaraguans feeling the Warriors....We really reach boy !!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
  wherever we go.....everybody know we name
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jahyouth.. What youi doig in Nicaragua anyways ? ...

hmmmm
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Jah is that an English or Spanish language publication?

BIG UP NICARAGUA!!  Gracias Ticos!!! ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Jahyouth, is de daily available online?  Would be nice to see de print out if feaisble

I cyah lie, it feeling sweet to see us getting big up so.  http://www-ni.laprensa.com.ni  That is the webpage of the newspaper, but it looks like you have to register (which is free) to see content.

When I return home I will make a PDF of the pull out and email it to Feliziano or somebody to put it up so everybody could see it.  I done take three copies to take home already!!!    ;D

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
That's the CONCACAF spirit!  Go CONCACAF!! Go Tnt!!!

I thought the Ticos were the Costa Ricans.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That's the CONCACAF spirit!  Go CONCACAF!! Go Tnt!!!

I thought the Ticos were the Costa Ricans.

"Ticos" are Costa Ricans, "Nicos" are Nicaraguans.  Tico and Nico are informal names, like calling us Trinis instead of Trinidadians.  The formal terms are Costariccense and Nicaraguense.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
andrews: Powerful and fast

lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wherever we go.....everybody know we name

I was really suprised last week when i see ah man on 86 Street between Lex & 3rd ave in Manhattan selling a poster of de socawarrios...but he think he slcik, he copy de team picture from when we went to Bahrain, you could tell he print it from de net increase de size of it and put ah nice black border around it....he was selling it for $15 dollars and yuh get a T&T wrist band....De quality of the picture wasn't good at all...He also had the one with Stern holding up de flag after de game....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
That is one of the better write ups on our team from a third-party. Wah them Nicaraguans feeling the Warriors....We really reach boy !!

de Guatemalans must be fumin  ;D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
   I feeling to hold dong some nice Nicos women just for that yeah yeah!!

J.  ;D
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
alittle rough, a few tecnical mistakes, but mostly quite sensible.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>