April 19, 2024, 10:24:49 PM

Author Topic: Sling box in meh office  (Read 1193 times)

Offline triniboots

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Sling box in meh office
« on: May 17, 2006, 07:26:16 PM »
 ;D Ahright, I know a few people can't fake ah sick when game days come, I suggest yuh look at getting a Slingbox, check out www.slingmedia.com and hook it up to your internet and cable tv at your house and then watch yuh football from work on your computer with internet connection and it LEGAL!!! If yuh never heard about Slingbox yuh should check it out. Not sure how it works in T&T, but in Florida it works perfectly.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Sling box in meh office
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:55:47 AM »
;D Ahright, I know a few people can't fake ah sick when game days come, I suggest yuh look at getting a Slingbox, check out www.slingmedia.com and hook it up to your internet and cable tv at your house and then watch yuh football from work on your computer with internet connection and it LEGAL!!! If yuh never heard about Slingbox yuh should check it out. Not sure how it works in T&T, but in Florida it works perfectly.

It's great you have complete control over your cable box, even DVR functions. Don't have it myself, but I use my friends to help stream the games, although the Slingbox itself only allows one person to connect. So I just use it for remote control and take the video out into the ATI All-in-wonder card on his computer and use Windows Media Encoder and streaming server.

Only need to do that for channels we don't get here at work though.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 11:12:08 AM »

It's great you have complete control over your cable box, even DVR functions. Don't have it myself, but I use my friends to help stream the games, although the Slingbox itself only allows one person to connect. So I just use it for remote control and take the video out into the ATI All-in-wonder card on his computer and use Windows Media Encoder and streaming server.

Only need to do that for channels we don't get here at work though.
Ah, e-man... I was wondering what hardware/software combo you were using.... what about firewalls though. Do you have to punch a pinhole in your firewall and open specific ports?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:30:47 AM »
You connect to it on port 5001, so your router has to route that port to the slingbox.

1]; } ?>