April 29, 2024, 07:35:27 AM

Author Topic: 15-year-old Hudson eyes U-20 glory  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
15-year-old Hudson eyes U-20 glory
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:08:34 AM »
15-year-old Hudson eyes U-20 glory.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Fifteen-year-old Isaiah Hudson is the youngest member of the  National Under 20 men’s team that will begin their quest for World Cup qualification on Wednesday against Guadeloupe at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

He is considered the baby of the team but has considerable experience, having already been on training stints with AS Roma in Italy in 2014 and Aston Villa last year. He was also a member of the National Under 17 team at the CONCACAF Final round in 2015.

“I’ve been on trials with Aston Villa and AS Roma and I was also a member of the last under 17 team. Now my focus is going to be with the Under 20 team for a tournament that I am very excited about,” said Hudson who rates Ronaldinho as his favourite player and is a supporter of Barcelona.

“We have been working very hard in preparing for this tournament.  There is a good vibe in the camp and there is a good amount of love among the players.

“I am actually very excited because I have never played in front my home crowd for the national team so I’m putting in the extra work to ensure we get it right from the first game against Guadeloupe,” added the DirecTV W Connection midfielder.

“I think playing in the TT Pro League has been a great experience for me at such a young age. Playing for W Connection has helped me improve my work rate, my speed and my level of play which is something I am constantly working on. I love to keep the ball so possession football is my style. It’s the Barcelona style and this is how I try to pattern my game,” Hudson said.

“Hopefully it’s the kind of football the national team can produce when the tournament comes around and I will be doing my best to help push us on.” He will be hoping to make his debut against Guadeloupe in T&T's opening fixture on Wednesday from 7:30pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 15-year-old Hudson eyes U-20 glory
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:45:20 AM »
I am beginning to wonder if this player is being managed properly for his optimal development. I read of his Pro League participation, his early participation with U17, and the trials at AS Roma and Aston Villa. Regarding the trials, IF he does not have a EU passport these trials are without a clear path to his European transfer until he reaches 18. If Aston Villa and/or AS Roma are bringing him back every 3 months to monitor his progress then I understand and it makes sense

During previous U17 participation the young man started 4 out of 5 games but did not influence the games significantly. I think placing him along with Isiah Garcia and Kishon Hackshaw on the current U17 team gives the U17 an improved chance to qualify and it gives Isiah Hudson the opportunity to develop as a leader and build a nucleus for that age group.

I realize that Hudson has tremendous ability, I hope that at 15 his ability to play in the Pro League is not being used as a benchmark for his development.

Those who know more and know better please advise

Regarding

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »
I am beginning to wonder if this player is being managed properly for his optimal development. I read of his Pro League participation, his early participation with U17, and the trials at AS Roma and Aston Villa. Regarding the trials, IF he does not have a EU passport these trials are without a clear path to his European transfer until he reaches 18. If Aston Villa and/or AS Roma are bringing him back every 3 months to monitor his progress then I understand and it makes sense

During previous U17 participation the young man started 4 out of 5 games but did not influence the games significantly. I think placing him along with Isiah Garcia and Kishon Hackshaw on the current U17 team gives the U17 an improved chance to qualify and it gives Isiah Hudson the opportunity to develop as a leader and build a nucleus for that age group.

I realize that Hudson has tremendous ability, I hope that at 15 his ability to play in the Pro League is not being used as a benchmark for his development.

Regarding

you mean John-Paul Rochford.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 07:27:50 AM »

Regarding

you mean John-Paul Rochford.

Yes Rochford as well. I though Garcia was younger as well sorry.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 03:39:23 AM »
Hudson happy to get group winning goal for T&T U-20s.
TTFA Media.

National Under 20 midfielder Isaiah Hudson’s goal in the final Group 2 match against St Lucia on Sunday pushed this country through to the final round of the Caribbean Football Union Under 20 Qualifying phase for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup.

The strike, a well executed and composed finish on a sweetly delivered cross by Jarred Dass, had all the making of a winning goal, in this case, it helped T&T to win the Group on goal difference over the St Lucians with the match finishing 1-1, both teams on seven points and T&T on a superior goal difference.

Hudson, of DirecTV W Connection and Naparima College, scored three goals over the three matches and though head coach Brian Williams later said he felt the player needed to show up more when they going got tougher during the games, there was a lot for the player to feel good about.

“I am happy with the fact that I got the goal that sent us through to the next round. It was an important goal and one which I will remember for a long time,” Hudson said.

“The experience of playing my first international under 20 tournament in front of the my home crowd was a learning but enjoyable one. We showed that we are capable of playing entertaining football and that we have potential to go onto better things.

“We still have a lot of work to do to get to a level that will be needed to compete with the best teams in CONCACAF but I think once we stay focused and we do the right things, then we should be looking ahead to more positive things from the team,” Hudson said.

The midfielder is also eligible to play for the T&T Under 17s which enters the final round of Caribbean qualifiers in T&T in September.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 03:26:53 AM »
Hudson ready to push U-17s to CONCACAF level.
TTFA Media.

W Connection midfielder Isaiah Hudson is expected to be a key component in the national under 17 team for their upcoming Caribbean Football Union Under 17 Final Round of World Cup qualification which kicks off with a double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

The 16-year-old who hails from Penal is also a member of the National Under 20 team currently preparing for the CFU finals in Curacao in October and he is on the  Connection pro team roster, recently getting playing time in the CONCACAF Champions League group phase matches.

But his focus over the next two weeks will be on trying to help Russell Latapy’s team through to the CONCACAF Finals in Panama City next April.

“I am involved with a lot of teams at the moment and a lot of football is taking place but I am taking it in stride and enjoying every moment. It’s hard work all round with a lot of sessions for my club and with the national teams,” Hudson told TTFA Media.

“But this is the life of a young professional so it is something that I am not backing away from. For the tournament with the Under 17s I am really anxious because it is another chance for me to do well in this age group. And it is important for the team to move forward and go onto to the Concacaf level.

“I am very fortunate to have played at the Concacaf level already and my recent experiences in the Concacaf Champions League has definitely opened my eyes up and showing me what is necessary to make the step up. And it will be important for most if not all the local players to get a taste of football at the Concacaf level whether it be for the Under 17s, the Under 20s or at the club level,” Hudson said.

“It will be important for us to start well on Friday against Haiti. The players will be giving their all and trying our best to do what the coaches wants of us. And a good win will give us that level of confidence we will need for the remainder of the tournament. The first thing will be to get out of the group and qualify for CONCACAF,” he added.

On the opportunity to be coached by Latapy and assistant coach Reynold Carrington, the Naparima College player said such privileges spur him on every time he steps on the training pitch.

“As young players we are very fortunate to have the chance to train under coaches like Russell Latapy and Reynold Carrington. I am very excited about learning a few things from him (Latapy) and while we are always picking things up on the training field, it will be crucial for us to follow  his instructions on game days. This is all part of the player development that will be important for us as players going forward and I am really happy that the TTFA has given us  this opportunity,” Hudson added.

Tickets for the Group phase matches will go on sale at Lotto Locations nationwide from Wednesday priced at $30 (adults), $15 (children) and kids under age 5 are free. Tickets will also available at the match venue on game days only.

Latapy’s team entered a live-in training camp at Cara Suites Hotel on Monday and engaged in a late evening training session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

The top two teams in each group will advance to the CFU semi-finals as well as the CONCACAF Final round in Panama next April while the best third placed team from the group phase will also advance as the fifth Caribbean representative at the CONCACAF final phase. From there, four nations will advance to the FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup in India.

CFU Final Round Schedule

Group A

Bermuda vs Jamaica, September 16th, 5pm
T&T vs Haiti, September 16th, 7:30pm

Jamaica vs Haiti, September 18th, 4pm
T&T vs Bermuda, September 18th, 6:30pm

Haiti vs Bermuda, September 20th, 5pm
T&T vs Jamaica, September 20th, 7:30pm

(All matches at Ato Boldon Stadium)

Group B

Suriname vs Guadeloupe, September 17th, 4pm
Cuba vs Curacao, September 17th, 6:30pm

Guadeloupe vs Cuba, September 19th, 5pm
Suriname vs Curacao, September 19th, 7:30pm

Curacao vs Guadeloupe, September 21st, 5pm
Cuba vs Suriname, September 21st, 7:30pm

(All Games at Hasely Crawford Stadium)

Semi Finals (Ato Boldon Stadium)

Group A Winner vs Group B Runner Up, September 23rd, 5pm
Group B Winner vs Group A Runner Up, September 23rd, 7:30pm

Third place – Semi Finals losers meet at 4pm on September 25th (Ato Boldon Stadium)

Final – Winners of Semi-Final matches meet at 6:30pm on September 25th. (Ato Boldon Stadium)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>