April 28, 2024, 04:22:54 PM

Author Topic: This one's particularly cruel I find  (Read 2237 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
This one's particularly cruel I find
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:50:12 AM »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This one's particularly cruel I find
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:10:27 AM »

:rotfl:   :rotfl:   :rotfl:   :rotfl:    :rotfl:   :rotfl:   :rotfl:   :rotfl:   :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:17:13 AM »
That cruel in truth. henry I thought played well, fought the game and led his players. Ok he missed chances but no more than the man dubbed the greatest in the world. That is the nature of football, people forget is Henry who set up the first goal.
All said I have a feeling he will light up the WC, he has a lot to prove.

On another note in a bar Yesterday interesting enough some Brazilians were saying that Ronaldinho has a tendency to not play well for Brazil, they talked about the SA qualifications and the Confederation cup. Now they saying his form is not where it should be going into a WC. Dem Brazilians eh easy at all, they don't rate Belletti and Ricardinho at all, they say Roberto Carlos and Cafu too old (though Cafu should be selected) and definately don't rate Dida, they say Ceni should start.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:25:18 AM »
This one kinda cruel too.....

ARSENAL F.C.
END OF SEASON DINNER DANCE

Starter
Egg on Face
Seasoned Hash
Frogs legs (past their best)
Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course
Humble Pie
Chump Chops
French (has) Beans
Manager's Beef (not rare)
Catch of the Day - big lemon Sol (gutted)
NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert
Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)
Fruitless Tarts
Raspberry Fools
Hard Cheese

Drinks
Bitter
Little Spirit
French Whine
Cabernet Empty 2006
Champagne - sorry none ordered
STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year.

Guest Speakers:
Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Rafa Benitez - "What it's like to win the European Cup"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:28:55 AM »
This one kinda cruel too.....

ARSENAL F.C.
END OF SEASON DINNER DANCE

Starter
Egg on Face
Seasoned Hash
Frogs legs (past their best)
Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course
Humble Pie
Chump Chops
French (has) Beans
Manager's Beef (not rare)
Catch of the Day - big lemon Sol (gutted)
NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert
Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)
Fruitless Tarts
Raspberry Fools
Hard Cheese

Drinks
Bitter
Little Spirit
French Whine
Cabernet Empty 2006
Champagne - sorry none ordered
STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year.

Guest Speakers:
Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Rafa Benitez - "What it's like to win the European Cup"

that was particularly cold :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 09:01:49 AM »
That cruel in truth. henry I thought played well, fought the game and led his players. Ok he missed chances but no more than the man dubbed the greatest in the world. That is the nature of football, people forget is Henry who set up the first goal.

On another note in a bar Yesterday interesting enough some Brazilians were saying that Ronaldinho has a tendency to not play well for Brazil, they talked about the SA qualifications and the Confederation cup. Now they saying his form is not where it should be going into a WC. Dem Brazilians eh easy at all, they don't rate Belletti and Ricardinho at all, they say Roberto Carlos and Cafu too old (though Cafu should be selected) and definately don't rate Dida, they say Ceni should start.

Well, all that being said, Ronaldinho's role in the Barcelona and Brazil squads is more that of a playmaker than a goalscorer. Agreed?  tierry henry's role (at least) for Ass-'n-all is supposed to be that of a prolific goalscorer more than a playmaker. Agreed?  The chances that Ronaldinho missed in yesterday's game were no where near as clear-cut as the two GLARING chances that henry missed, and, if memory serves me well,RONALDINHO was the one that put the through ball on for Eto'o to run onto before getting fouled by jens lehmann.  Isn't he performing in his capacity there? I will concede, though, that he had a better first half than second half. Henry did play well yesterday, but when he had at least TWO GLARING opportunities to fulfil his primary role as goalscorer for Ass-'n-all......he failed.
   As for them Brazilians in de bar, they have no choice but to have high expectations of their national team.  They are simply the best and most talented footballers in the world.  But I also agree with them that Dida has not looked fit to wear the No. 1 shirt for them in this WC.  He has been very inconsistent this season but the only problem I see with putting Ceni in goal is the lack of familiaraity with the defence. I saw them play a friendly a couple o' months ago and he started and ther was some  miscommunication between him and the defence and he really didn't look as comfortable as I ecpected him to be.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 09:06:36 AM »

Well, all that being said, Ronaldinho's role in the Barcelona and Brazil squads is more that of a playmaker than a goalscorer. Agreed?  tierry henry's role (at least) for Ass-'n-all is supposed to be that of a prolific goalscorer more than a playmaker. Agreed?  The chances that Ronaldinho missed in yesterday's game were no where near as clear-cut as the two GLARING chances that henry missed, and, if memory serves me well,RONALDINHO was the one that put the through ball on for Eto'o to run onto before getting fouled by jens lehmann.  Isn't he performing in his capacity there? I will concede, though, that he had a better first half than second half. Henry did play well yesterday, but when he had at least TWO GLARING opportunities to fulfil his primary role as goalscorer for Ass-'n-all......he failed.
   As for them Brazilians in de bar, they have no choice but to have high expectations of their national team.  They are simply the best and most talented footballers in the world.  But I also agree with them that Dida has not looked fit to wear the No. 1 shirt for them in this WC.  He has been very inconsistent this season but the only problem I see with putting Ceni in goal is the lack of familiaraity with the defence. I saw them play a friendly a couple o' months ago and he started and ther was some  miscommunication between him and the defence and he really didn't look as comfortable as I ecpected him to be.

Calm down breds!

It was not a personal attack on Ronaldinho.
TnT Patriot

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 09:31:48 AM »

i personally not expecting much from him for WC cuz it has been proven that he cannot opperate at full potential for france once zizou playing...their styles are diff (zizou = slow, henry = pace).

& everybody no once david dean in the FA arsenal cyah do no wrong....look at the when the pitch was "unplayable" against portsmouth giving them a week off & then they had an inquiry into racist attacks by v. pergy on a player from a team i cya remember & they shuda be ducked points but that dissappear into thin air!!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 10:45:54 AM »
oh gorm allyuh hut meh belly wit da one

:devil: :devil: :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 10:50:47 AM »
Thanks Palos and Omarldinho  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Cruel, but fair.  ;D I especially like the Guest Speakers at the Dinner and Dance  :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 11:14:06 AM »

on my recent vacation ah get in ah talk with 3 brazilians..they see meh warrior nation shirt ah was wearning and ask meh what was dat..so football talk start and ah ress some talk on dem that TnT will buss dey tail (brazil) ah mention that they team sorf..that got dem started.. boy dem fellas real hard to please..they does berate they players BAD!..kinda exactly what you mentioned..and how when dem in Brazil they does only play star boy and that they head swell as soon at they hit grass in europe. Meh head was kinda cork so I can't remember word for word..but they real hard on they players. Too much to choose from probably!

1]; } ?>