April 26, 2024, 11:49:44 AM

Author Topic: I like We Squad  (Read 3279 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I like We Squad
« on: May 31, 2005, 07:54:26 AM »
Goalkeepers:
Clayton Ince (Crewe Alexandra), Kelvin Jack (Dundee).

Defenders:
Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Anton Pierre (Defence Force), Brent Sancho (Dundee), Marlon Rojas (Real Salt Lake), Avery John (New England Revolution), Atiba Charles (W Connection), Glenton Wolfe (National Quarries NE Stars).

Midfielders:
Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale), Leslie Fitzpatrick (Real Salt Lake), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Brent Rahim (Unattached), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire).

Forwards:
Gary Glasgow (Unattached), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton), Stern John (Coventry City), Hector Sam (Wrexham), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC).

But the only thing I could say is that we have few midfielders listed and most of them have little experience. Especially if they using yorke up front.

I like the fact that we bring in a few new faces hopefully we can get the chemistry right.

We seem to have a lot of defenders listed so I am not sure if we going to try to play with a 5-3-2 formation but time will tell.

some key men get leave out but you never know how they was looking in practice men might be out of form.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I like We Squad
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:56:30 AM »
I don't know if I read it somewhere here or not, but we may play a 4-4-2, and depending on how the game is going switch to a 5-3-3. or vice versa...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 09:08:35 AM »
I'm very interested to see what position Dwight will play vs Panama.  I might be tempted to leave him in the middle as Birchall and Whitely both have no experience at this level.  Also Birchall and Dwight can communicate better with each other in their british accents.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 09:24:28 AM »
squad looking very decent this "white boy" might be a blessing certainly open more options for us.
but yeah midfield corp look thin though and left side still have me worried uneasy.
tiger, birchall theobald and edwards across the middle
yorke and jones up front-stern come on if we need to switch it up after building anger, tension and hopefully hunger on the bench.
john, andrews, sancho and pierre in the back-this the lineup i would go with, but LEO is the man making the call
squad decent for true good luck warriors

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 09:32:29 AM »
Yes, this squad should be able to get the job done during the next week.  Ofcourse no one squad will satisfy every fan, we must realise a few things however:

- There is alot of footbal left to play, if you don't make this 18 who says you won't be called for the next 18 down the road.  This is not the time to over react regarding Beenie omissions, juts hope that he gets it right in terms of the starting 11 and formation.  The first 25 minutes against Panama will be critical, if our boys are able to settle down early and dictate the flow, things nice..HOWEVER if we come out flat and give up a "soft" goal and have to play from behind..could be trouble.. de riddim section on the 4th will be crucial..

- The fact that there is such a buzz over the omissions means that we are finally developing a pool of players, who if they remain COMMITTED to TnT, will represent our country well for years to come.  This is a GOOD thing people..Brazil has (at least) 3 starting 11's they could run out with and still mash people up, the US is developing their squad to that level as well.  So instead of sweating 'who en get pick', understand that it bodes well for our football, once the players are true professionals and not players with a school boy mentality, when man was playing for girls and to hear de crowd bawl after every drag and spanna...

Go Warriors!  

...personally I woulda pick Dwarika over Rahim, but we will see how tings work out..

My eleven:

Ince

Atiba                          Dog                            Avery

Edwards                   Birchall                   Theobold                Tiger
                                             Yorke
                                Stern                      Jones

"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 10:13:27 AM »
i agree with that 11 in a 3-5-2 although Beenie seems to be prefering Whitely over Theobald in the past few matches.

If we go 4-4-2 I would put Yorke where Theobald is and bring in Sancho or Lawrence with Dog in the center.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 10:21:37 AM »
I like the 4-4-2. Ince; Atiba, Lawrence, Andrews, Avery; Edwards,Birchall,Theobald,Whitley;Yorke and Stern.  However, the midfield is a bit inexperienced so it might be more sensible to play Yorke instead of Whitley and let Jones start up front.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 10:38:33 AM »
i  always wonder about how valuable experience is
in regards to TT and to be honest all the men that have experience has been LOSING experience, losing games not much success at the international level.  Maybe it takes a toll mentally and affects on field performance-I don't know i ain't no shrink and will never try to be.

So maybe just clean house and start with new men who maybe do not have that LOSER mentality.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 10:50:33 AM »
 I think our new coach is very competent in his selection and he has done wonders for Trinidad and Tobago football....good luck to the team and I will be at the game....Go T&T

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 01:30:24 PM »
I'm very interested to see what position Dwight will play vs Panama.  I might be tempted to leave him in the middle as Birchall and Whitely both have no experience at this level.  Also Birchall and Dwight can communicate better with each other in their british accents.

what british accents have to do with passing the ball to the open man ?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 02:41:53 PM »
good point cowen i was wondering about that myself . goodness me the coach and his assistants are all dutch if they can understand him they must understand the queen's english.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 05:19:05 PM »
good point made on the weak middle it go be really crucial for us not to make any silly mistakes in defence tjhough this go be the second time i go be seeing benhakkers quick passing game and hopefully new men like andrews who lil incompetent on the ball aint shit it up. i also hope that beene stick to his no favorites policy and sub stern if he aint scoring wen the time is right....personally ive had enough of inept coachin that BSC was killin us wit let beene do the talkin on saturday

GO TNT GO!!
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 06:06:05 PM »
Also Birchall and Dwight can communicate better with each other in their british accents.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

1]; } ?>