April 27, 2024, 06:26:39 AM

Author Topic: Hislop insists he is not retiring  (Read 1132 times)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hislop insists he is not retiring
« on: May 31, 2005, 08:07:20 AM »
bbc.co.uk

Hislop insists he is not retiring 

Shaka Hislop has denied reports that he is ready to quit football.
The 36-year-old keeper was released by Portsmouth at the end of the season and speculation had arisen that he was considering his future in the game.

"I'm not retiring," he told the Stellar Group website. "I've got several offers from clubs and will be discussing them with my agent in the next few weeks.

"I was disappointed to be released by Portsmouth but I still feel fit and well, with a hunger for the game."

Hislop's future at Fratton Park suffered after the departure of Harry Redknapp as manager and his last Pompey first-team appearance was on 15 January.

The Trinidad and Tobago international added: "I believe I am still good enough to play at the highest level and I think my performances for Portsmouth have shown that."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 09:18:01 AM by Tallman »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Hislop insists he is not retiring
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 08:22:15 AM »
He was out of sorts for that Guatemala game.
Lack of playing time is doing him no good and he done already old.

It might be good to join up T&T for the Gold Cup and Unity Cup before the English season start....assuming he decide on a club by then.  He might be holding out cuz is back up spots he getting offered for the higher divisions and less pay in the lower ones.

Ince is our #1 by far right now but we could do with 3 keepers.
The longer he stay inactive the longer and more difficult it will be to get his game up to speed.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 12:06:05 PM »
Out of all de positions,yu keeping have to be playing all the time because he cyar make mistakes.Timing is fundamental for a keeper and playing time is critical.This is why Ince is No 1 at present.This does'nt say that Shaka is'nt good.   

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 01:42:27 PM »
 Hislop in my opinion is better than Portsmoth current keeper and he deserve to be satrting for them but i doh know what goin on..

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 01:50:56 PM »
Hislop should have went home to train with the side. He does not need to be in England to talk to teams. That is what the agent does he just need to talk to the man on the cell phone evryday for updates and then fly back to sign.

I think he take a cop out to not be on the TnT side.

Saying you need to be there to work out your new contract is no a good attitude to have.

If it was June 2006 and we had world cup games to play I am sure he would not give that excuse.

He need to be present if he wants to be part of the team.

1]; } ?>