March 28, 2024, 04:28:11 PM

Author Topic: Thierry Henry to sign new contract with Arsenal  (Read 4171 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thierry Henry to sign new contract with Arsenal
« on: May 18, 2006, 08:33:57 PM »
Well . after the disappointment with Barca, Gunners fan would be happy to know that Henry has agreed to sign a new contract with Arsenal.
 He mentioned how happy and great the Arsenal Fans are.
 This information can be had on BBC sports.
 Something for Touches to feel good about.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Thierry Henry to sign new contract with Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 08:42:12 PM »
this only mean one ting....REVENGE.next champions league will be hotter than hell. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:47:45 PM »
revenge my a$$ ... we winnin it nex year  ;D

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:48:13 PM »
Henry should have tried his hand someplace else

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:10 PM »
I guess if it ain't broken don't fix it. Let's see what he does at the WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 04:29:26 AM »

my boi yuh cyah play CL in serie C hoss  ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 05:44:21 AM »

Allyuh need to worry about getting promoted from Serie C next year.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 05:49:38 AM »
First Team Ever From The Third Tier from Their National League Structure, Serie C1 ;D ;D

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 06:31:00 AM »
Henry is NOT moving

everyone was saying Henry was goin barcelona long time now.... I told you then and I tell you a hundred more times...

HENRY IS NOT MOVING
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=368351&cc=5901

Updated: May 19, 2006
Henry finally pledges his future to Arsenal

Thierry Henry has revealed his intention to finish his career at Arsenal after agreeing a new four-year deal with the club.

The 28-year-old Gunners captain, who was in the last year of his former deal, has announced his intention to remain with the north London club instead of moving to Barcelona, who were linked with signing the France international.

He will now lead the team into a new chapter in their illustrious history as they move into their 60,000-capacity Emirates Stadium for the start of next season.

'I've never played in Spain and I never will,' Henry said. 'I've played in France and Italy but this is the best country to play football and this is my last contract.

'I enjoy playing away or at home, getting stick. It's the passion I like. Here you can do your job in the right way - people here respect the player.'

Henry has claimed the spirit shown by his team-mates in Wednesday's Champions League final defeat against Barcelona in Paris had helped him decide to stay.

He also said vice-chairman David Dein and manager Arsene Wenger had played a huge role in persuading him not to leave, as well as the response from Gunners fans since his arrival in 1999.

He said: 'I think you all know, it's not a surprise but I'm staying here to play even longer for the club I love.

'It's been amazing since I joined, there had been so much speculation about me leaving - I won't lie, it crossed my mind. But I think with my heart and it told me to stay.'

Henry paid tribute to Dein and Wenger, telling a press conference televised live by Sky Sports News: 'Without them I wouldn't be talking to you. I just want to carry on writing the story of Arsenal with them.'

Henry carried Arsenal to the Champions League final, and the fans in Paris and during the campaign played a role in making him stay.

'In the past year the fans have been more than amazing,' he added.

'After the way we lost on Wednesday, I couldn't let them down. It was another thing to add and a positive thing to make me stay.

'I always refer to Arsenal as my home town. I have been welcomed with open arms, the love I receive here - sometimes from non-Arsenal fans - is something I can't forget about.'

Henry added: 'It is more than amazing for me. I said to the boss after the game on Wednesday that one of the most important things was what the team showed me. We can be so proud of what we did.

'The game reassured me of one thing I wanted to know - how far I can go with that team. They showed me they are a team with heart and lots of quality. I know we lost but I think you saw that quality, too.

'I said it [my decision] would come before the World Cup. I said I wanted to concentrate on pegging Tottenham back for fourth spot and then the Champions League final. After that was done I was very quick to make up my mind.

'I told the boss I wanted to stay. That was an important thing for me. There are so many things about why I decided to stay. Mr Dein, Arsene, the club, the fans, I just thought I could not left them down.

'I want to play Champions League football even more after what happened on Wednesday.'

Wenger believes keeping Henry long term is `basically an insurance for the future' of his young side.

'The team went through thick and thin this year but they have shown resilience and finished very strongly,' said Wenger.

'I believe this season has created a special bond inside the team and there is much more to come.

'Wednesday night reinforced that feeling among the players and if you want to continue that progression it would rely on Thierry's decision,' added the Gunners boss.

'You cannot say this team will go much higher if you lose your best player. Therefore for the progression of this team it was vital to get this kind of response from Thierry.

'It is basically an insurance for the future.'

Wenger insists he never put pressure on his captain to remain with Arsenal.

'He was at the age where you could understand him going through that state of mind. I tried just to tell him I want him to stay.

'On the other hand I never tried to put any pressure on him, I wanted him to make up his mind freely and voluntarily but I was confident that in the end if the team can show him (Henry) they can perform and compete with the best team in Europe we can keep him.'

He eh go play in Barca to be 2nd Fiddle to Ronaldinho when he the KING of the EPL :chilling:

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Henry finally pledges his future to Arsenal
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 11:58:36 AM »
Thierry Henry has revealed his intention to finish his career at Arsenal after agreeing a new four-year deal with the club.

The 28-year-old Gunners captain, who was in the last year of his former deal, has announced his intention to remain with the north London club instead of moving to Barcelona, who were linked with signing the France international.

He will now lead the team into a new chapter in their illustrious history as they move into their 60,000-capacity Emirates Stadium for the start of next season.

'I've never played in Spain and I never will,' Henry said. 'I've played in France and Italy but this is the best country to play football and this is my last contract.

'I enjoy playing away or at home, getting stick. It's the passion I like. Here you can do your job in the right way - people here respect the player.'

Henry has claimed the spirit shown by his team-mates in Wednesday's Champions League final defeat against Barcelona in Paris had helped him decide to stay.

He also said vice-chairman David Dein and manager Arsene Wenger had played a huge role in persuading him not to leave, as well as the response from Gunners fans since his arrival in 1999.

He said: 'I think you all know, it's not a surprise but I'm staying here to play even longer for the club I love.

'It's been amazing since I joined, there had been so much speculation about me leaving - I won't lie, it crossed my mind. But I think with my heart and it told me to stay.'

Henry paid tribute to Dein and Wenger, telling a press conference televised live by Sky Sports News: 'Without them I wouldn't be talking to you. I just want to carry on writing the story of Arsenal with them.'

Henry carried Arsenal to the Champions League final, and the fans in Paris and during the campaign played a role in making him stay.

'In the past year the fans have been more than amazing,' he added.

'After the way we lost on Wednesday, I couldn't let them down. It was another thing to add and a positive thing to make me stay.

'I always refer to Arsenal as my home town. I have been welcomed with open arms, the love I receive here - sometimes from non-Arsenal fans - is something I can't forget about.'

Henry added: 'It is more than amazing for me. I said to the boss after the game on Wednesday that one of the most important things was what the team showed me. We can be so proud of what we did.

'The game reassured me of one thing I wanted to know - how far I can go with that team. They showed me they are a team with heart and lots of quality. I know we lost but I think you saw that quality, too.

'I said it [my decision] would come before the World Cup. I said I wanted to concentrate on pegging Tottenham back for fourth spot and then the Champions League final. After that was done I was very quick to make up my mind.

'I told the boss I wanted to stay. That was an important thing for me. There are so many things about why I decided to stay. Mr Dein, Arsene, the club, the fans, I just thought I could not left them down.

'I want to play Champions League football even more after what happened on Wednesday.'

Wenger believes keeping Henry long term is `basically an insurance for the future' of his young side.

'The team went through thick and thin this year but they have shown resilience and finished very strongly,' said Wenger.

'I believe this season has created a special bond inside the team and there is much more to come.

'Wednesday night reinforced that feeling among the players and if you want to continue that progression it would rely on Thierry's decision,' added the Gunners boss.

'You cannot say this team will go much higher if you lose your best player. Therefore for the progression of this team it was vital to get this kind of response from Thierry.

'It is basically an insurance for the future.'

Wenger insists he never put pressure on his captain to remain with Arsenal.

'He was at the age where you could understand him going through that state of mind. I tried just to tell him I want him to stay.

'On the other hand I never tried to put any pressure on him, I wanted him to make up his mind freely and voluntarily but I was confident that in the end if the team can show him (Henry) they can perform and compete with the best team in Europe we can keep him.'

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Henry finally pledges his future to Arsenal
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 12:01:36 PM »
take that
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 12:22:59 PM »
oh gosh i wanted him to leave and go real madrid and help bring back some glory :'(

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »
I am no Arsenal fan, don't like em and never will, but to see a player of Henry's caliber show such class, demands my respect.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 05:52:26 PM »
I for one, not surprised. After all the obnoxious things he said about Barca after the CL final, and in particular, the unnecessary comments about not seeing Ronaldinho and Eto'o......he definitely wasn't going Camp Nou. Good for him..he just ensured his legendary status amongst the Arsenal faithful.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 05:59:26 PM »
I am no Arsenal fan, don't like em and never will, but to see a player of Henry's caliber show such class, demands my respect.

Yeah... pity he couldn't show that class after the final (doh cuss meh Carib Briton  ;D)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »

Yeah... pity he couldn't show that class after the final (doh cuss meh Carib Briton  ;D)
Doh matter you and few others think hes well far from class anyway ;)

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 07:00:38 PM »
I for one, not surprised. After all the obnoxious things he said about Barca after the CL final, and in particular, the unnecessary comments about not seeing Ronaldinho and Eto'o......he definitely wasn't going Camp Nou. Good for him..he just ensured his legendary status amongst the Arsenal faithful.

Damn, right after the final I have been on the road for the last two days, I post early today when I got back to work without even knowing that Henry was talking shyt about Barca! But I just looked for quotes of what was said, and have not found anything that was said that stood out too bad. He was just a little bit of a cry baby, I could understand that! the man just lost the final, and he must have felt cheated ah lil bit because they had to play with 10 Men, sometimes its the things you can't control that faustrate you the most. Anyways, let me get to the point b4 I start sounding like I am an ASSanal fan (one of the only teams that can bring an immature comment like this out of me). The ref made the right decision in sending Lehman off, either play advantage give Lehman a yellow or give free kick and send him off. After all is said and done, comments were not a surprise, after all the finals was in par-ree, and you can't go to the france and expect not to get ah lil whine (wine).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 07:39:06 PM by marcus »

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 07:01:37 PM »
lawd , how alyuh could say that

If its one striker that is of pure class , it is Thierry Henry...yuh simply dont get much better than him..

The elgance that he plays with , it really adds beauty to the game (doh cuss meh eh)..

and you all cant tell me no !
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 09:21:49 PM »

my boi yuh cyah play CL in serie C hoss ;D

revenge my a$$ ... we winnin it nex year ;D

First Team Ever From The Third Tier from Their National League Structure, Serie C1 ;D ;D

allyuh men only hating cuz allyuh fraid we!!& we eh goin no blasted serie C...is years now ppl trying to dutty juve water & we still here....ah want we to bounce up that shit side man boo in the gp stage nex yr & rinse dem good!!! :devil:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 09:36:11 PM »
Arsenal should have given Robert Pires a longer contract, trust me losing Pires will affect Arsenal's attack significantly...his replacement have some big shoes to fill

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 10:22:51 PM »

allyuh men only hating cuz allyuh fraid we!!& we eh goin no blasted serie C...is years now ppl trying to dutty juve water & we still here....ah want we to bounce up that shit side man boo in the gp stage nex yr & rinse dem good!!! :devil:

watever u say man..

but utd will cut ur serie c asses

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 11:01:26 PM »

doh worry juve eh going Serie C

is Serie B

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>