April 24, 2024, 05:38:54 PM

Author Topic: Beenie has until Tuesday to decide on WISE !!!  (Read 3551 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Beenie has until Tuesday to decide on WISE !!!
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:42:18 PM »
May 24, 2006
LONDON (Ticker) - England's team doctors will have to inform FIFA by May 30 if they expect Wayne Rooney to recover in time to take part in the World Cup.
Rooney is having an MRI scan on Thursday to determine the progress of his recovery from his metatarsal injury.

Once the results of the scan are known, Manchester United's assistant team doctor Tony Gill - who has taken over Rooney's care following the abrupt departure of Mike Stone - will liaise with England medical staff.

England team doctor Leif Sward then will have to inform FIFA by Tuesday that he expects all the players in the squad will be mentally and physically fit to play in the World Cup. "Each team physician have to confirm by May 30 that their players are physically and mentally fit to participate in the World Cup," FIFA chief medical officer Dr. Jiri Dvorak said. "If Wayne Rooney is on the list, then that is in principle confirmation that it is anticipated he will have recovered in time to participate in the tournament."

Every player has to have a range of medical tests, including heart monitoring, and be signed off by the national team doctor.

FIFA says it views this as a statement of intent that a player will be available to take part in the tournament, although if Rooney broke down again, Sven-Goran Eriksson would have until June 9 to replace him in the squad.

Meanwhile, the departure of Stone from Manchester United remains unclear beyond the fact that he had a major bust-up with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Stone has had his employment with United terminated with immediate effect but club officials insist his departure has nothing to do with Rooney's recovery from the broken metatarsal he suffered at Chelsea last month.

Given the cautious tone he adopted over the 20-year-old's chances of playing in Germany this summer, Ferguson presumably has grown increasingly unhappy at the number of positive bulletins being released on Rooney's condition.

Although most of the statements have been attributed to the England doctor Sward, Stone has been liaising closely with the Swede.

Given the importance to United of Rooney being fit for the start of next season, it would be understandable if Ferguson found the present upbeat mood irritating, possibly triggering an argument over an unrelated matter that led to confirmation of Stone's departure in a club statement.

"We can confirm Dr. Stone has left the club," a statement from United said. "There was a difference of opinion on a non-footballing and non-clinical issue, as a result of which Dr. Stone felt it to be in his and the club's best interests for him to leave.

"The difference was over a non-clinical issue and had nothing whatsoever to do with any medical treatment to a Manchester United player."

The dismissal has been greeted with shock and some sense of sadness within Red Devils circles, where Stone has been a popular figure among both players and staff since his arrival in 1999.

Senior figures at the club - including Ferguson - stood by Stone over the Rio Ferdinand missed drug test fiasco in 2003, when he elected to try to get a message to the defender that he was required to take a test rather than ensure he attended it personally.

The loyalty shown at that time only makes his exit even more of a shock

Warrior For Life !!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenie has until Tuesday to decide on WISE !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:45:35 PM »
Common Beenie.. Do de rite thing... make de WISE choice...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »
wise will make de cut, wolfe going home i believe unless wolfe really dat special and we ent know it ???

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »

Meanwhile, the departure of Stone from Manchester United remains unclear beyond the fact that he had a major bust-up with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Stone has had his employment with United terminated with immediate effect but club officials insist his departure has nothing to do with Rooney's recovery from the broken metatarsal he suffered at Chelsea last month.

Given the cautious tone he adopted over the 20-year-old's chances of playing in Germany this summer, Ferguson presumably has grown increasingly unhappy at the number of positive bulletins being released on Rooney's condition.

Although most of the statements have been attributed to the England doctor Sward, Stone has been liaising closely with the Swede.

Given the importance to United of Rooney being fit for the start of next season, it would be understandable if Ferguson found the present upbeat mood irritating, possibly triggering an argument over an unrelated matter that led to confirmation of Stone's departure in a club statement.

"We can confirm Dr. Stone has left the club," a statement from United said. "There was a difference of opinion on a non-footballing and non-clinical issue, as a result of which Dr. Stone felt it to be in his and the club's best interests for him to leave.

"The difference was over a non-clinical issue and had nothing whatsoever to do with any medical treatment to a Manchester United player."

The dismissal has been greeted with shock and some sense of sadness within Red Devils circles, where Stone has been a popular figure among both players and staff since his arrival in 1999.

Senior figures at the club - including Ferguson - stood by Stone over the Rio Ferdinand missed drug test fiasco in 2003, when he elected to try to get a message to the defender that he was required to take a test rather than ensure he attended it personally.

The loyalty shown at that time only makes his exit even more of a shock

Fergie is geh me angry sometimes....  jeez boy... ur axe ruud.. now yuh axe stone!

calm down nah Sir alex .... frig man  >:(

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
I think beenie was looking at wolfe cause he adds a speed dimension. admittedly....he lil ruff round the edges....buh yuh hadda start building for 2010...and he young. If glenn healing....either wise go get salt.....or somebody go hadda rake up wolfe in training.....yuh could argue dat he kinda redundant with glenn there. Probably beenie tie up heself by naming the squad so early instead of after the Presidents xi game after all like was originally planned.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 02:50:21 PM »

i feel wise go make the team man.. he proving himself very well

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 02:55:15 PM »
Sad that we can't have both Glen and Wise... Laws state only an already injured player can be replaced so that means he cannot replace Wolfe....

Or can they find some loop hole ???

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 03:27:44 PM »
here wat i think

Keep Wise and Samuel
Put Wise on the left wing and give Samuel his natural spot as a Striker! alongside Stern  or right behind Stern maybe........
Thaz how it sould be...Samuel was never a natural Winger.....or Left Footer...

sumn like dis

Jack
                     Marvin              Tallest            John

Edwards         Birch        Yorke    Latas(Whitley 60)    Wise 

Samuel
                                              JStern(Jones/Glenn 60th)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 03:45:11 PM »
TriniIninite......We have finally found a replacement for Hardest

:rotfl:

Wise For Germany!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »
here wat i think

Keep Wise and Samuel
Put Wise on the left wing and give Samuel his natural spot as a Striker! alongside Stern  or right behind Stern maybe........

sumn like dis

Jack

Samuel
                                              JStern(Jones/Glenn 60th)

Me eh understand yet why you feel whitley should be sacrificed. Yuh eh realise that he and birchall is we holding midfielders??? taking out any of them putting more pressure on de defense. whitley could go foward as he has shown....but suring up the defense  is essential. if dey doh score den we cant loose. The way i seeing it.....latas eh go start.....samuel or samuel  will doh.......and den second half yuh bring in latas.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 06:33:59 PM »
here wat i think

Keep Wise and Samuel

sumn like dis

Jack

Samuel
                                              JStern(Jones/Glenn 60th)

Me eh understand yet why you feel whitley should be sacrificed. Yuh eh realise that he and birchall is we holding midfielders??? taking out any of them putting more pressure on de defense. whitley could go foward as he has shown....but suring up the defense  is essential. if dey doh score den we cant loose. The way i seeing it.....latas eh go start.....samuel or samuel  will doh.......and den second half yuh bring in latas.

TELL ME HOW you could bring on Latas off de bench
What sense does dat make????
Latas can only start....he doesnt have the speed or stamina anymore to bring an extra spark to the team....coming off de bench
as i see it...he can only start and den a faster player such as whitley would come on for him wen he bun.
Latas is a man dat does distribute the ball with his superior vision ...sp dat doh make sense if he come off de bench to string up passes to TIRED men!
what diff that go make?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:36:36 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 06:44:17 PM »
here wat i think

Keep Wise and Samuel

sumn like dis

Jack

Samuel
                                              JStern(Jones/Glenn 60th)

Latas can only start....he doesnt have the speed or stamina anymore to bring an extra spark to the team....coming off de bench
as i see it...he can only start and den a faster player such as whitley would come on for him wen he bun.
Latas is a man dat does distribute the ball with his superior vision ...sp dat doh make sense if he come off de bench to string up passes to TIRED men!
what diff that go make?

Because if yuh have a man distributing some bes passes with some speed men causing chaos against tired defenders....yuh more likely to have a better chance of finishing those passes. So you expect latas to start against some men who fresh and hadda run to create his space himself when the likelyhood of his effectiveness lessened?? And study dis....who go be tired??? Stern?? Super fit yorke or birchall???

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 07:45:25 PM »
here wat i think

Keep Wise and Samuel

sumn like dis

Jack

Samuel
                                              JStern(Jones/Glenn 60th)

what diff that go make?

Because if yuh have a man distributing some bes passes with some speed men causing chaos against tired defenders....yuh more likely to have a better chance of finishing those passes. So you expect latas to start against some men who fresh and hadda run to create his space himself when the likelyhood of his effectiveness lessened?? And study dis....who go be tired??? Stern?? Super fit yorke or birchall???

u dont seem to get my point.......and u dont seem to know what you talking about....so i go end dis  wit a note.....Latas will start

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 07:50:57 PM »
Nah YOU doh seem to know wha you talking about. Against which defense you think latas go be more effective....a fresh one or a tired one??? Starting him is like wasting yuh trump. Now....if he come on when they kinda tired....and yuh have men like wise and ting causing trouble.........which one you think go present more goal scoring opportunities?? Yuh rather have latas burning out himself with a lesser chance of sucess against a fresh defender....when the defender more likely to swallow some beat and conceed space when he bun??? Think nah. Dis eh fifa yuh playing...is real life.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 07:08:38 AM »
Wise all de way, very special player, true secret weapon.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 07:29:26 AM »
WTD........ i very much doubt Latas will start in the WC. Beenie will more than likely use him as a 2nd half sub.....probably the last 30 minutes of a match. At that time the tempo of the game might be more conducive to the style latas play.

Latas in his own admition can't play a full 90 and the speed to be played at the beginning of a match will not suit latas. After 60 mins when men legs start to get a lil more tired ...introduce latas where he can take his time and play at his pace.

It have no way in hell beenie not starting Whitley.

on another note ........ Wise and Glen on that WC side making the National team look even better. I can't say Wolfe not anything special cause I ain't see the man run out with the national team. Beenie kno what he doing.

Check de Danger .. :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »
Wise For Germany !!

We Reach !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 11:02:50 AM »
Well now we hearing Spann injured so even better for Wise and Glen.

Offline root

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Rooney to miss England group ties
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 04:35:10 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5019094.stm

Wayne Rooney will definitely miss England's World Cup group stage games - after a scan revealed he cannot train for at least another three weeks.

Rooney's club, Manchester United, confirmed the 20-year-old will require another scan on 14 June to determine when he can return to action.

If the striker's broken metatarsal is given the all-clear, he would have 10 days to get fit for a last-16 tie.

England have to decide by 9 June whether to replace Rooney in the squad.

1]; } ?>