March 28, 2024, 04:22:01 PM

Author Topic: UK people...BBC documentary on France's rise to win the 1998 world cup  (Read 3728 times)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Check out BBC2 now, behind the scenes, in the dressing rooms, profies on the team members, mad skills...Zinedine, Henry.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Blup Blup ;D

Bun Fyah Upon LePen >:( >:(
There is 9 Players of West Indian Descent in the France Squad For This Year  ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 02:17:16 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Yuh done know! Always, our caribbean people immigrate to these big countries and make a name for themselves. Let LePen HHMC!

gives Love.

[

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Yuh done know! Always, our caribbean people immigrate to these big countries and make a name for themselves. Let LePen HHMC!
The same way your sons & daughters are going to play for Trinidad & Tobago England **dodges newspaper slap from redtrinigirl**

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Boy Frances team has always full of descents on migrants I thought it was just modern day. Englands Team Will NEVER be like this if the people at the helm at the mo. They will never let it happen.
Thumbs up to france ;D
Key Note: Of course its abot talent not race ;)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
The same way your sons & daughters are going to play for Trinidad & Tobago England **dodges newspaper slap from redtrinigirl**

Should I have children, there is no way I want then to grow up in this country. I don't care how much crime TT has, nothing can take away from the blessing that it is to grow up in TT. I thank god everyday that my mother had the sense to let me grow up there.

And if the parents are patriots, the kids will be patriots too. I've got cousins who by all rights should call themselves americans, based on their father and where they are and everthing. But not my aunt nah boy, all four ah dem children trini to de bone! That's how all trini kids, whether by birth or descent, should be.

gives Love.

[

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

Should I have children, there is no way I want then to grow up in this country. I don't care how much crime TT has, nothing can take away from the blessing that it is to grow up in TT. I thank god everyday that my mother had the sense to let me grow up there.

And if the parents are patriots, the kids will be patriots too. I've got cousins who by all rights should call themselves americans, based on their father and where they are and everthing. But not my aunt nah boy, all four ah dem children trini to de bone! That's how all trini kids, whether by birth or descent, should be.

Seen Seen. ;)

Were you born outside TNT den?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yall r missing Big Brother  :D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Yall r missing Big Brother  :D
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Part of the reason dem caribbean immigrants is big ballers is because they no longer in the country of their parents. Yes, we lose a lot of talent, but if we doh have the infrastructure to develop the talent, then it better it doh go to waste somewhere else. And all this crap 'bout patriotism..they are patriotic. That is why the play for the country of their birth or at the very least their citizenship. Imagine if Latas moms was from England and after we develop him in T&T he decide to go and play for England, we would call him an ungrateful piece of sh**. Well same thing.....if you flip the argument the other way, you realize it eh no simple issue that the right 'dose' of patriotism could solve

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Part of the reason dem caribbean immigrants is big ballers is because they no longer in the country of their parents. Yes, we lose a lot of talent, but if we doh have the infrastructure to develop the talent, then it better it doh go to waste somewhere else. And all this crap 'bout patriotism..they are patriotic. That is why the play for the country of their birth or at the very least their citizenship. Imagine if Latas moms was from England and after we develop him in T&T he decide to go and play for England, we would call him an ungrateful piece of sh**. Well same thing.....if you flip the argument the other way, you realize it eh no simple issue that the right 'dose' of patriotism could solve
who are you responding too??? or it was just a general comment.

Regardless, Im Glad for them french players, good on them, especially chimbonda he played his heart out this year (despite putting in a transfer request in his kit :rotfl:) 2 of the 9 were born in the WI and one of them did play for Guadeloupe FIRST in the Gold Cup Quals.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yeh my kids aint growin up here, if i was to ever hear my kid say he play for any1 but Trinidad i break he/she friggin leg so they cant play again  :devil:

carib i know thuram was born in WI whos the other player thats born there?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boy Frances team has always full of descents on migrants I thought it was just modern day. Englands Team Will NEVER be like this if the people at the helm at the mo. They will never let it happen.
Thumbs up to france ;D
John Barns, Rio Ferdinand..I am sure that you can name other decendents of migrants who have played for England.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wasnt john barnes born in jamaica? i know 1 of his parents is from Trinidad too  ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Regardless, Im Glad for them french players, good on them, especially chimbonda he played his heart out this year (despite putting in a transfer request in his kit :rotfl:) 2 of the 9 were born in the WI and one of them did play for Guadeloupe FIRST in the Gold Cup Quals.

general comment. i always add the person's quote if I am responding directly

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thumbs up to france ;D
John Barns, Rio Ferdinand..I am sure that you can name other decendents of migrants who have played for England.

all of the black players in the current england setup are of caribbean descent: Rio, Theo, Defoe, Cole, Campbell, SWP, Ledley King - cant think of any other black players at the moment, but they are all west indian.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thumbs up to france ;D

all of the black players in the current england setup are of caribbean descent: Rio, Theo, Defoe, Cole, Campbell, SWP, Ledley King - cant think of any other black players at the moment, but they are all west indian.

Uhh, what about Theo Walcott, great nephew of Clyde Walcott
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Thumbs up to france ;D

so how do you explain Emile Heskey getting so many caps then? ;D

(In fact, how can anyone explain Emile Heskay playing for England, ever)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Thumbs up to france ;D

If you look at his post it says Theo  ;D
(sorry about the long link my computer gone bust so I dont be here for long so I have to do things quick!)
Btw Mr Clyde Walcott doesnt even know about him and says he doesnt know of any nephew in england :-\
http://bararchive.bits.baseview.com/archive_detail.php?archiveFile=./pubfiles/bar/archive/2006/January/20/Sports/14385.xml&start=0&numPer=20&keyword=Clyde+Walcott&sectionSearch=&begindate=1%2F1%2F1994&enddate=12%2F31%2F2006&authorSearch=&IncludeStories=1&pubsection=&page=&IncludePages=1&IncludeImages=1&mode=allwords&archive_pubname=Daily+Nation%0A%09%09%09
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 12:14:12 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

Yeh my kids aint growin up here, if i was to ever hear my kid say he play for any1 but Trinidad i break he/she friggin leg so they cant play again  :devil:

carib i know thuram was born in WI whos the other player thats born there?
Chimbonda

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

general comment. i always add the person's quote if I am responding directly
ok.sorry :-X

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thumbs up to france ;D

If you look at his post it says Theo  ;D
(sorry about the long link my computer gone bust so I dont be here for long so I have to do things quick!)
Btw Mr Clyde Walcott doesnt even know about him and says he doesnt know of any nephew in england :-\
http://bararchive.bits.baseview.com/archive_detail.php?archiveFile=./pubfiles/bar/archive/2006/January/20/Sports/14385.xml&start=0&numPer=20&keyword=Clyde+Walcott&sectionSearch=&begindate=1%2F1%2F1994&enddate=12%2F31%2F2006&authorSearch=&IncludeStories=1&pubsection=&page=&IncludePages=1&IncludeImages=1&mode=allwords&archive_pubname=Daily+Nation%0A%09%09%09

Thats nice hmmm
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>