April 26, 2024, 12:35:44 AM

Author Topic: Giuly and Anelka angry at France World Cup coach Raymond Domenech  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Giuly and Anelka angry at France World Cup coach Raymond Domenech
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/2006/05/21/1591136-ap.html

PARIS (AP) - Ludovic Giuly thinks Raymond Domenech lacks respect, and Nicolas Anelka says the France coach tried to humiliate him.

Both Giuly and Anelka were not selected by Domenech for the June 9-July 9 World Cup in Germany.

Giuly told sports daily L'Equipe that he would not join the squad even in an emergency.

"If there is an injury, tough luck for him (Domenech)," Giuly said.

Giuly played in FC Barcelona's 2-1 win over Arsenal on Wednesday, adding a European Cup medal to the two Spanish league titles.

"The worst thing is, that no one called me to tell me to be ready in case (of injury)," Giuly said. "Domenech's not even capable of that. So on Monday, I will go on holiday to Australia for a month.

"The essential thing is to speak to the players," Giuly added. "He (Domenech) did not do it. I'm not a piece of excrement. I deserve more respect."

When announcing his squad, Domenech said he chose the players partly for their experience in big matches.

"I matched the criteria for selection," Giuly said. "You needed experience, to accept staying on the bench, to play for a big club, play well in big matches. I did all that with Barcelona. Either I have misunderstood or Domenech should change his speech."

Anelka, who plays for Fenerbahce, told Le Journal du Dimanche that although Domenech recalled him in November against Costa Rica, he had not planned on using him at the World Cup.

"As usual, I am not judged according to my playing ability," said Anelka, who also missed out on the 1998 and 2002 World Cups. "I get the impression Domenech called me up just to tear me down after. Unfortunately for him, I scored (against Costa Rica). I think he never had the intention of taking me (to Germany). I deserved to go."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Giuly and Anelka angry at France World Cup coach Raymond Domenech
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 11:33:58 AM »
Yuh think them fellas a little bitter?
Guily say he going and canoe with the crocodiles. Anelka say he not even watching the world cup.
You think Rougier have them kinda thoughts?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »
I always thought dat Anelka's decision to leave Arsenal at that time was a dumb one. He also felt that he was better than he really was. He had a great season, but all of ah sudden he feel dat he was a superstar. Since den, his career has been stagnant. Maybe if he had humble heself from de earlies, he would have been in de squad.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:32:18 PM »
I always thought dat Anelka's decision to leave Arsenal at that time was a dumb one. He also felt that he was better than he really was. He had a great season, but all of ah sudden he feel dat he was a superstar. Since den, his career has been stagnant. Maybe if he had humble heself from de earlies, he would have been in de squad.

Cisse is meh boy, but I though Anelka had his number when Domenech started recalling Anelka. 

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 12:33:16 PM »

True, but i always loved him as a player, he snubbed France already so i dont really feel bad for him, Giuly though i felt could have made the squad. Anelka has never realised his full potential, loads of talent with a bad attitude.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 12:57:46 PM »
It look like Giuly was competing with Ribery and Wiltord for a spot, while Anelka probably got snubbed in for  Saha.

Anelka can't complain about Saha since I think Saha deserved a recall.  But the Giuly snub don' t look too sensible to me.  What Ribery and Wiltord have over him? 

Could somebody tell me who, apart from Zidane, on that team is a playmaker?  I hear Ribery could do it but I never see him play.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »
pity....Guily could have helped immensely down the flanks...another questionable omission by Domenech...I still say he should have let Robert Pires play

Peong, Makalele is an effective playmaker as we all know, although more defensive, then there is Vikash Dhorasoo as well

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 01:57:06 PM »

When he was ready to leave Arsenal, his two biggest options were Lazio (Who just won Serie A at the time) or Real Madrid ... one wonders if he would have choosen Lazio where he would have been today seeing that he would have been the marquee striker playing alongside Salas, with Veron in the midfield, De La Pena, Conceciao, Nedved, and Nesta at the back...

Anyhow daz my supporter's ramble for the day, laterz

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 02:25:27 PM »
anelka needs to blame his so called agent " his brother"...cacahole anelka...de brother was driven by big money deals....check back and follow the movements....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »
anelka needs to blame his so called agent " his brother"...cacahole anelka...de brother was driven by big money deals....check back and follow the movements....

very correct
plenty of Anelka problems is a result of either is brothers greed and his mouth

that man went from Arsenal to Real to PSG to Liverpool to Man City and now to Fenerbache
played with some of the biggest clubs in the world and nobody remembers you and he blessed with amazing talent and is one of the fastest players I have ever seen

As for Guily, it eal sad that he eh make it. He had 2 good season with Barca winning 2 La Liga titles playing in one CL final with Monaco as captain and winning one with Barca all in the last 3 years.

Me eh know wha football Domenech watching nuh.

Més que un club.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 03:04:40 PM »
pity....Guily could have helped immensely down the flanks...another questionable omission by Domenech...I still say he should have let Robert Pires play

Peong, Makalele is an effective playmaker as we all know, although more defensive, then there is Vikash Dhorasoo as well

What part of Makalele is a playmaker ???
He is probably the purest defensive midfielder there is today.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 03:27:38 PM »
As for Guily, it eal sad that he eh make it. He had 2 good season with Barca winning 2 La Liga titles playing in one CL final with Monaco as captain and winning one with Barca all in the last 3 years.

Me eh know wha football Domenech watching nuh.

Well when yuh have a kakahole coach dat does choose he starting 11 with astrology.....dem tings does happen.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 03:31:37 PM »

What I see Makalele doin is takin de ball from the opposition and passing it off, not making plays.
Dhorasoo is an ok player, but if it was me I woulda taken Pires or Micoud to help in attack.  Micoud has been very good this season.

I think Wiltord and Giuly play the exact same game.  Same speedy right-side attacking winger.  Both a dem short too  ;D
But I not sure which of them has featured more for France in recent games.  Giuly should have at least been taken as a backup.  To me Wiltord is past his prime, although he actually had a resurgence in his career when he moved to Lyon from Arsenal, while Giuly has not suffered any dip in form and happens to be playing well.  Maybe Domenech thinks the French league is better than the Spanish.

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »
de giuly one i cyah understand. .  i woulda take him  .. he real fast and does cause real trouble fuh defences. . and he does real work off de ball . . .de anelka one. . . seriously  ..  .if even he had geh pick. . i doh tink he woulda geh play ..  henry and trezeguet have dem striker spots on lock down .. .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 09:11:44 PM »

yeah... my father saying that years now.....but the man was doing good at liverpool too..but when he leave arsenal   he stun his growth.. i really believif saha didnt come with that last second form.. he was suppose to be going.......with cissie as second choice strikers....

1]; } ?>