April 26, 2024, 10:24:13 AM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips out-lines future development.  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Lincoln Phillips out-lines future development.
« on: June 01, 2005, 12:28:01 PM »
Lincoln Phillips out-lines future development.[/size]

Present TTFF Technical Director Mr. Lincoln Phillips will be starting regular goalkeeping sessions on Wednesdays at Manny Ramjohn Stadium for the Pro and Super League goalkeepers. The sessions will run for 12 weeks.

The main topics will be as follows;

Various ways of dealing with break aways (when an attacker is one v one with the goalkeeper); crossballs and utilizing defenders to play their role in crossball situations; improving diving and catching skills; distribution and dealing with pass back situations. The objective is to introduce the proper methods of training the modern goalkeeper.

The Technical Department, with funding from the Government, will begin its first developmental program shortly with clinics for talented  8, 9 and 10 year olds (boys/girls) around the country.
We will also begin screeinig the best 600 U-13 boys and girls. We will keep this age group program (once the funding does not dry up) going hopefully for the next 10 years.
The U-15 Boys are now finishing up their national screening to select a final team for the newly sponsored U-15 CFU tournament in August, 2005 featuring Costa Rica, USA, Mexico and Canada. The thought process here is if we are going to get beaten by the top youth teams in the CONCACAF, let it happen now when it does not matter so that we have at least two years to make the necessary adjustments. This U-15 team is in preparation for the next U-17 World Cup in 2008.
Again, once the Goverment funding is available, we will have the recent U-17 team (now U-18) in preparation for the next U-23 World Cup. This team will participate in the U-21 CAC Games in 2006; the Pan Am Games in 2007; and, the U-23 World Cup in 2008.
We plan to keep all the teams together in training throughout the year. The plans are for the teams to visit the U.S. to play in a Florida tournament in December; the Dallas Cup in April; and, a local international tournament at home in Summer (still in the planning stages). A trip to Europe (Holland) will also be in the mix. I want to make sure that our teams are well prepared from now on. I am getting some wonderful assistance from Anton Corneal, the Youth Development officer. He is in charge of youth programs as well as supervising all U-13 and U-15 zonal and national teams. Hopefully my support staff will increase soon to deal with the work we plan for the coming year.
And finally, we have just completed the certification of 106 "D" License coaches. Many of these coaches have already attended top FA and Brazilian courses over the years and confessed that the material covered in our "D" License courses was very beneficial to them. Trinidad & Tobago is changing, they are developing a thirst for knowledge. By the end of the year we hope to certify another 100 "D's";  60 "C's"; and a few seminars on Sports Psychology, Management and Football Fitness. This is how we are going about spending the Governments money.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips out-lines future development.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 12:44:24 PM »
Fantastic stuff Flex... glad to see Lincoln earning he pay... one thing though... I don't like how much I was seeing government funding in the article. The TTFF must learn not to be so dependent on the government.. They have to find ways to fund their own programs...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »
We finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel,

2 year development plan for the U17

This is the kind of forethought we need.

Good job Lincoln

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 03:34:46 PM »
Fantastic stuff Flex... glad to see Lincoln earning he pay... one thing though... I don't like how much I was seeing government funding in the article. The TTFF must learn not to be so dependent on the government.. They have to find ways to fund their own programs...

Core funding will always have to come from the Government as it should.
Remember this is a service to the national community that is benefitting the youth specifically.  It is not a commercial enterprise where you will have gate receipts and such.
Outside funding will at most be supplemental but always small, they could however get alot of stuff like equipment, foodstuff etc from the co-orporate community to keep themselves within budget.

Senior team, U23 and Pro League stuff is different. 

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 10:34:22 PM »
 I hope the under 23 trainiing all now yes because is a decent team and i feel we could make olympics

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 04:37:44 AM »
Big move Lincoln and glad to see the money is being spent wisely, lets hope it come through as plan.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 06:59:06 AM »
I hope the under 23 trainiing all now yes because is a decent team and i feel we could make olympics

U23 is really a waste of $$$. The Olympics though packed with prestige, is dollars going out with none coming in.  It falls under the IOC and not FIFA so there is no return on the investment, unless you look at it as development for future players. Even the IOC has a hard time selling the TV rights for this event, compound that with an expensive qualification campaign, it is probably better to invest the money on the 17's and 20's.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 08:04:55 AM »
This U-15 team is in preparation for the next U-17 World Cup in 2008. correction next under 17 WC is 2007.

A nice idea the cfu under 15 competition there should  be an under 18 tornament also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 08:05:46 AM »
Where is the private sector funding. C
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>