April 25, 2024, 12:40:53 AM

Author Topic: T&T scores 3-2 win over Vienna.  (Read 31375 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T scores 3-2 win over Vienna.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »
Well changing 8 players has to affect the flow of play so not too worried about Vienna scoring 2. Again defense seems to be an area we are still trying to bolster up. Our wing men are producing and we have the striking power

Beenie do your do, that Dutch tactical mind working overtime. I know we will be ready. I hope we play Wales under mtach conditions, with 3 subs
only and let us really see how the team is gelling and or progressing

Excuse me here .... you not worried that a picvk up side from the amateur division scored two against your world cup team ? That makes you feel comfortable against the likes of Rooney, larson and roque santa Cruz ?

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 03:19:39 PM »
Excuse me here .... you not worried that a picvk up side from the amateur division scored two against your world cup team ? That makes you feel comfortable against the likes of Rooney, larson and roque santa Cruz ?

Austria Vienna is not a amateur side. They just won the Austrian top flight.

They are no Enlgand, but still.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 03:20:19 PM »
Well changing 8 players has to affect the flow of play so not too worried about Vienna scoring 2. Again defense seems to be an area we are still trying to bolster up. Our wing men are producing and we have the striking power

Beenie do your do, that Dutch tactical mind working overtime. I know we will be ready. I hope we play Wales under mtach conditions, with 3 subs
only and let us really see how the team is gelling and or progressing

not yet...many more important practice games to come. so doh press the yellow button just yet. Also, remember, we are not Brazil or a team with outlandish depth. When we make 8 subs at once, the game will change substantially. Furthermore, our players are most likely in the first phase of very intense physical training to build stamina and speed (just a guess). There will be some very tired legs in the first few practice games...that will not be the case closer to the WC when training is tapered and the players are at an optimal level of (tournament) fitness. I also doubt that the emphasis is on results right now, but deliberately perfecting certain tactical maneuvers and testing different systems of play even if it is not the best suited for that particular opponent

Offline lord mello

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »

No it´s not that Austria Vienna, it´s their youth and amateur team!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 03:23:52 PM »
Congrats T&T..........At least we winning fellas...how many times we play good ball and still lorse at least we not loosing, so i thankful.  As it relates to England and any other team them still have to play we.  They ent win until they play we.  Remember out first game against Mexico?  What if Yorke header had scored we would hae been up and the pressure would have been on Mexico.  Winning is a tradition, as strange as it may sound it is true.  We just break our tradition of loosing and we working on a winning tradition.

Also this team is better than people give them credit for come June you'll see.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 03:25:42 PM »
Ince cant get ah run at all... I must say Jack must be our number one keeper, Shaka eh want nothing, I watched Shaka plenty this year and last year and his reaction time is very poor, England will kill him with outside shots and free kicks, he's also very clumsy. I just hope Jack can be consistent, because Jack is a BOSS keeper on his good day.

Glad for Evans Wise I hope he makes the team, we can still make a change to the squad 24 hours before the world cup. Wise came on for Avery, I guess he played a little defensive in this game.

Oh gorm, we know that Hislop has lost reaction speed and agility but saying he's lumsy is too harsh. Hislop reads the game well and to some extent compensate for other deffiecnices. Jack can go from Hero to Zero very easliy.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 03:26:26 PM »

thanks friend. i was going to respond ..but if the guy doesn´t know who we are playing against ...he must feel comfortable ! AMATEUR !!! key word in my response  and it was based on that fact.

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 03:30:44 PM »
Sando yuh right ..Hislop reaction real slow...Jack for me too...cheers

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006, 03:31:11 PM »
we are just trying to build again after a long absence. The truth be told ...we have not arrived as yet ..but we have time to make our way there. there is therfore no need for snsationalism at this point .... a comfortable 3-2 victory ????
fuentes is a paid employee ...we have a mind that should belong to us ...lets remember that

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2006, 03:33:39 PM »

thanks friend. i was going to respond ..but if the guy doesn´t know who we are playing against ...he must feel comfortable ! AMATEUR !!! key word in my response  and it was based on that fact.

The "Amateure" (the ones we played) are FK Austria Wien's 2nd team. They play in the 1st division and are about in the middle of the table. Their 1st team plays in the Austrian premiere league and took the top spot this season.

Offline lord mello

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 03:35:19 PM »
we are just trying to build again after a long absence. The truth be told ...we have not arrived as yet ..but we have time to make our way there. there is therfore no need for snsationalism at this point .... a comfortable 3-2 victory ????
fuentes is a paid employee ...we have a mind that should belong to us ...lets remember that

yes and there was no support like fans when they see me wit de flag on sat and them whistles it´´s gonna be a lot easier  ;)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »

Allyuh getting tie up with de name of de side... they is only Amateures in name..... dem fellas is in effect the reserve team of Austria Vienna.... so is like playing Manchester United reserves.... dem men is professionals... do not ge tie up... e-man could probably explain why Bayern Munich and other german teams reserves are called Amateurs

I going and ruffle some feathers here:
ANYBODY who complaining bout de scoreline in a build up to a tournament NEVER play no serious football in dey life!

Please refer to Filho post above....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 03:38:58 PM »

It seems that Shaka kept a clean sheet as the score was 2-0 at halftime when Jack came on in the 46th minute. It did say the 2nd goal tnt conceded was a penalty, but I wonder how the 1st was conceded and if it really was a tale of two halves in that the substitutes really affected the 1st half flow of the team.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline lord mello

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »

Allyuh getting tie up with de name of de side... they is only Amateures in name..... dem fellas is in effect the reserve team of Austria Vienna.... so is like playing Manchester United reserves.... dem men is professionals... do not ge tie up... e-man could probably explain why Bayern Munich and other german teams reserves are called Amateurs

I going and ruffle some feathers here:
ANYBODY who complaining bout de scoreline in a build up to a tournament NEVER play no serious football in dey life!

Please refer to Filho post above....

Well i saw them play a few times, but you´r right croatia won onle 4:1 over the austrian team tonight

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

im not comfortable, i just didnt want to disrespect the opposition either. but hard luck. didnt know it wasnt the 1st team.

either way, as some men mention, it was not actually an amateur team, is the B team of the Austrian League Champs/UEFA Cup team.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:47:27 PM by dwn »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 04:05:19 PM »
I feel this starting eleven is Beenie team. However I would like to see Whitley in place of theobald.
 Interesting that Whitley and Spann  got no sweat

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »
A couple things:

1) The clean sheet by Shaka was with the starting 11 while the 2 conceded by Jack were late and with subs who may not see much WC action.  We are not that deep.

2) We do not know if players were played out of position or in strange formations in teh second half.  Wise coming on for Avery shows me that either some tactical changes were made or we had players playing in some unfamiliar positions.  This will also have an effect.

3) Remember that Jack started the Peru game and had a absolute blinder between teh sticks.  Beenie eh forgetting that.  He gave Shaka a run out to see what he had in a game situation after his season.  I still feel Jack will start in goal for us.

4) Whitley may have a knock, as with Spann, and that is why they were not used.  Or, it was an opportunity to see other players in a run with the starting team, which is diiferent to a look with the reserves.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »
im forced to reiterate

barring a massive fifa sanctioned injury on wolfe or anyone else

EVANS WISE is going home and dats it

and big up to stern john goal scored off a (mickeytrotman) volley in the 25th minuite

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2006, 04:29:54 PM »
people....go easy on wolfe....i mean...no need to ridecule the young man......i for one said he should make room for wise....but getting kicks on him is not right.....well done tnt
BM dat is de best ting mi hear yu sey innah long time dread..  low de yute people let wolfe do him ting..... I does get vexs we own fight we dung, ..
war...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »
im forced to reiterate

barring a massive fifa sanctioned injury on wolfe or anyone else

EVANS WISE is going home and dats it

and big up to stern john goal scored off a (mickeytrotman) volley in the 25th minuite

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE

Shotta,  remember that Beenhakker is a veteran in this thing.  This is not Bertille you dealing with.  I am sure that he has something up his sleeve.  The fact remains that with a FIFA sanctioned injury a change to the squad can be made up until June 8th, the day before the extravaganza begins.  This means that no, the door is not completely colsed on Wise yet.

Watch this space...

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2006, 04:33:38 PM »
like wise went to law school,cause he making a strong case for himself

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2006, 04:36:35 PM »
Ok, so de only men who play de whole game was Yorke, Birchall and Theobald (?). Yorke I understand as he need the real game situation after being out of competition for awhile. Birchall, maybe he needs it as well. But wha's de scene with Theobald? Is just giving him as much run as possible to make up for not enough playing time this season out in Scotland?
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2006, 04:47:23 PM »
First things first, the score line is no big deal.

We only eat goal after massive subs were made. This was a glorified practice session.

Bck in 1999, we played a Miami Select 11 and lost 1-0. A few days later we beat Colombia 4-3, with Stern scoring a hat trick.

Two years ago we went to S. Korea, we played a Univ. Side and draw. Well a few days later we played the host country and drew 1-1.

Glorified practice session and 8 subs. Kep it in perspective.

Otis eh play.So what? Saving him for the bigger fish that coming up.

What confused me was that Beenie say the Peru game wasn't important, just a game for the ppl of TT. So why ddn't he give Wise a run.

Nice to see Wise get a sweat here, but he come on for a defender??

But a wiining scorline is always nice for the ego in these kind of games.

Really looking to see what transpires in the Wales and Czech. game.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2006, 05:00:19 PM »

so wolfe going home BTW is wolfe the  leo's derick king

My sentiments exactly. But nobody aint go be vex though because I believe the massive want to see both Cornell & Wise in Germany. I go feel a way for  Wolfe or some defender but at the end of the day, ah going wid Wise & Glenn.  Sorry for who have tro go home, i hope they young enough to do it again the next time around.   Second half ah seeing Wise on de left and Samuels on de right with Latas in de middle tearing up dem sweden defenders.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 05:03:36 PM »
Shaka starts.... more exposure to top competition leading to WC.... plus he's the better keeper.. :chilling: oh by the way... how you measure shaka reaction time again...  :rotfl:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2006, 05:12:05 PM »
Ok, so de only men who play de whole game was Yorke, Birchall and Theobald (?). Yorke I understand as he need the real game situation after being out of competition for awhile. Birchall, maybe he needs it as well. But wha's de scene with Theobald? Is just giving him as much run as possible to make up for not enough playing time this season out in Scotland?

Good point reds
I eh see Theo deservin a sweat in d WC but like Leo real like him.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup squad scored a 3-2 win over Austria Vienna in a training match at the Thermen Arena on Tuesday before an appreciative crowd of 900 odd fans.

The "Soca Warriors" playing their first match of the European tour twice held two-goal advantages before Vienna came back to snatch two second half goals .

Coventry City striker Stern John, after going close a couple times earlier, broke the deadlock in the 25th minute with a left foot volley from inside the penalty box after Dennis Lawrence headed over from the right side.

Then two minutes later, the second goal came following a good build up which saw skipper Dwight Yorke threading wide to Carlos Edwards on the right who in turn switched the play over on the far side for Jason Scotland to hammer off the near post.

Vienna pulled a goal back in the 79 minutes after Leo Beenhakker made eight changes at half time, through Walzer Andreas. Substitute Kenwyne Jones regained T&T's two goal lead with a power header from Evans Wise' left side cross but there was still enough time for Parapatis Joachim to hit a penalty past Kelvin Jack in the final minute of added on time.

The game proved to provide just the kind of test Beenhakker and his men were hoping for at this time of the preparations as Vienna, though missing a few of their first team players, were not shy of having a go at T&T and even though goalie Shaka Hislop had little to do in the first half, Beenhakker would have been appreciative of the contest a few days before the biggest test from Wales at UPN Arena in Graz.

Actually, despite Hislop being mostly untroubled, it was Vienna who had the first couple looks at goal with Simkovic Tomas and Okotie Rubin causing Hislop to make stops inside the first ten minutes of the match.

Scotland, who started alongside John, then saw his low effort blocked by Saurer Christoph in the 13th minute.

T&T’s  attack came to life when defender Dennis Lawrence made his way forward for a couple  set pieces. First up in the 22nd minute Carlos Edwards’ right side cross found Lawrence’s head but the ball would only crash off the crossbar before Scotland’s follow up was saved by the ‘keeper.

A minute later Lawrence was again involved, this time seeing his lunging header graze the upright following Scotland’s left side delivery.

John then broke the deadlock with a clinical finish and Scotland followed up to leave the visitors going into the dressing room with a 2-0 lead.

Beenhakker had indicated that he would make the changes at the break with only Yorke, Densill Theobald and Chris Birchall remaining on the pitch for the 90 minutes. LA Galaxy forward Cornell Glen remained on the sidelines but will make his first appearance in actual training with the rest of the team on Wednesday. Aurtis Whitley and Silvio Spann were also rested to recover from niggling injuries while Anthony Wolfe and Clayton Ince were not used on Tuesday.

The Austrians came out eager to get on the scoresheet after the break but T&T maintained control with Russell Latapy in the middle of the park and Jones prosing a handful for the Vienna defense before he powered his header home after missing from close ranger a few minutes earlier.

Goalie Jack was however unhappy to let up the two goals,the first one coming off a slight mix up in possession following a throw in and then the second being a penalty. All in all though, Beenhakker and his staff appeared to have taken the win in stride and will resume preparations with a session on Wednesday morning before Saturday’s game against Wales which kicks off at 12:15pm (T&T time)

T&T line up : Shaka Hislop (Kelvin Jack 46th), Marvin Andrews (Brent Sancho 46th), Dennis Lawrence (Ian Cox 46th), Cyd Gray (Atiba Charles 46th), Chris Birchall, Dwight Yorke, Densill Theobald, Stern John (Collin Samuel 46th), Jason Scotland (Kenwyne Jones, 46th), Carlos Edwards (Russell Latapy 46th), Avery John (Evans Wise 46th) - Clayton Ince, Cornell Glen, Silvio Spann and Aurtis Whitley, Anthony Wolfe not used.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2006, 05:57:56 PM »
poor wolfe....at least he accustomed toting water....memba the protest in manzanilla when they had a water shortage an he get a baton in he head.....
maybe beenie heard of his water toting prowess and used that as the deciding factor to carry him to germany
I wukkin good-good...........ah say, "leh me see what goin on de board".
Bam ah see we win ah good, den ah read de post by Mr. Ackin!
Dred ah fall off mih chair at wuk,fus ah tryin to hole dong de laugh in de office! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yuh knu dey want to call ambulance fo mih yes.............LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2006, 06:31:01 PM »
Nuff a all dis small talk,,,,nobody have no connections to get a clip a de game self...wha bout men like occonor or e-man..hook we up nah brethern

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 06:34:05 PM »
oh by the way... how you measure shaka reaction time again...  :rotfl:

First you need to know the frame rate in the clips people post here.
Then you look at the time the opponent strikes the ball and count the number of frames that pass until shaka make some kinda movement to save (or get string)....after dat is just maths   ;)

Hats off to Shaka...he is still a very good keeper and we lucky to have him but Jack has commanded the #1 and I don't see that changing.

Ince..hard luck...but you still lucky you keep the 3rd spot so keep yuh chin up.

Anyone of them could have been the #1 but Leo sticks to the script so I doh see him changing.

And the man say is betw Glen or Wise so leave Wolfe alone....he must be doing something right and I doubt many have gone to the training sessions or talked to Leo about it.
(Leave Derek King alone too    :devil:)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 06:37:26 PM by dcs »

1]; } ?>