April 27, 2024, 02:04:44 AM

Author Topic: Who profited more from the Reyna - Latas acquaintance.....  (Read 4480 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I might be wrong but I believe that the time that Latas spend in Rangers was quite beneficial for Claudio Reyna. I think that Reyna, as tactical as he is got a chance to work on his short passing game as well as sensibility & skill on de ball in the presence of Latapy "de great"   All who remember how Reyna was playing in dem days, give some feedback. Is it me or was there a noticable improvement in Claudio Reyna's game when he was at Rangers with the Master.?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who profited more from the Reyna - Latas acquaintance.....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:27:16 PM »
Whenever he healthy of course because he always break up.  Poor Reyna..
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:27:37 PM »
I might be wrong but I believe that the time that Latas spend in Rangers was quite beneficial for Claudio Reyna. I think that Reyna, as tactical as he is got a chance to work on his short passing game as well as sensibility & skill on de ball in the presence of Latapy "de great"   All who remember how Reyna was playing in dem days, give some feedback. Is it me or was there a noticable improvement in Claudio Reyna's game when he was at Rangers with the Master.?

they only played together at Rangers for about 3 months

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 05:31:42 PM »

they only played together at Rangers for about 3 months
Yeah but in one game back with TnT look what difference he made

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
the answer is NONE

ok, maybe not NONE...but unless you talk to Claudio there is no answer to this question. Even if his game improved exponentially at Rangers, who is to say who his influences were. this question trying WAY too hard to glorify Latas. Latas wasn't even the best player at Rangers at the time and Reyna game didn't improve as soon as Latas showed up. If anything, I think he has improved at Man City...probably as he gets to play against a higher caliber of player, week in week out...and naturally becoming a smarter more experienced player with age
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 07:33:54 PM by Filho »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »
Well breds if yuh let de Celtic coach tell it, Latas and Amourouso were the best players on Rangers and de only ones that could make his (Celtic) Team.
This post was not that far-fetched due to Reyna's style. It isnt clear to see, however Reyna I believe would tell de world dat de little magician definetly helped him keep de ball on his feet and read a little more.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:31:31 PM »
Reyna is still a shit snake....Doh mention him and latas in the same sentence ever again

Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 09:35:07 PM »
Reyna is still a shit snake....Doh mention him and latas in the same sentence ever again

agreed

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 05:46:34 AM »
shit snake....lol...hahahaha...oh god....yuh know how long i eh hear da one " shit snake "....what de f#ck is ah " shit snake "???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 06:59:53 AM »
shit snake....lol...hahahaha...oh god....yuh know how long i eh hear da one " shit snake "....what de f#ck is ah " shit snake "???
You can't be serious?...Claudio Reyna is no magician...He is a good team player but nothing close to Latapy...Latapy is the best midfielder the CONCACAF ever produce

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 07:15:38 AM »
You can't be serious?...Claudio Reyna is no magician...He is a good team player but nothing close to Latapy...Latapy is the best midfielder the CONCACAF ever produce

ah love it!!

Claudio REyna is a very good player, but if latapy received that same breaks that he got, then latapy's career would have been far better that his!!

It is kind of strange to state that they gained from each other at Rangers.

this is a kind of weird post!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 08:17:10 AM »
if it weird.....

there is absolutely no way to answer that question unless you talk to Claudio Reyna. And trying to guess is a joke. Doh matter how good Latas was, and how much Reyna improved or changed his way of play...there is no telling who his influences were until he comes out and says it.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 09:40:43 AM »
Eh all yuh remember how latas was tearing up de place at Rangers was starting and scoring a couple too until that sob McLeish took over. Yuh know he aint like latas since Hibernian and he start to bench de man, next ting yuh know de man cant even make de bench.Well yuh see what happen to he now outside for he arse, what goes around comes around, BIT**H!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »

I won't...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 11:06:15 AM »

ah love it!!

Claudio REyna is a very good player, but if latapy received that same breaks that he got, then latapy's career would have been far better that his!!

It is kind of strange to state that they gained from each other at Rangers.

this is a kind of weird post!
I contend that Latas career has always been better than Reyna, to a certain extent.. domestic championships, Champions League football and now a World Cup. No matter though, in terms of talent, there is no comparison.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 11:38:11 AM »

Reyna is de best mid fielder the US ever produced...and me eh no US fan.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »

Tab Ramos was better than him
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 11:42:10 AM »

I beg to differ...especially after de Brazilan nearly half kill him ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 12:01:07 PM »

I beg to differ...especially after de Brazilan nearly half kill him ;D

haha.....I prefered Ramos' style of play...even post-skull trauma.  :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 02:24:23 PM »
Reyna is a good midfielder... Latas i feel is a different class doh... one thing i would say is dat Reyna may not have the talent of Latas buh he appears to be more consistent week in and week out... Latas ofcourse on his day can single handidly win ah game for yuh (lewwe hope he have atleast 3 ah does match winning games starting June).

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
BBC.co.uk

Skipper Reyna plays down injury 

I'm hoping I've got away with something very minor

Claudio Reyna
USA skipper Claudio Reyna is confident of being fit for the World Cup despite suffering a hamstring injury in the 1-0 friendly loss at home to Morocco.
The Manchester City midfielder, who has been sidelined for much of the season with ankle and shoulder injuries, lasted just 13 minutes in Nashville.

"I stretched out for a ball and it just tightened up on me. As a precaution, I came off," said the 32-year-old.

"I'm optimistically thinking that it is not going to be something long term."

Reyna, who will have an MRI to determine the extent of the injury, added: "I'm hoping I've got away with something very minor."

The outing was Reyna's first for his country since September 2005 when the Americans beat Mexico to secure their place in Germany.

He subsequently broke his right ankle in December and missed eight weeks of the season only to injuring his shoulder three games into his comeback in March which ruled him out for a further four weeks.

Reyna has scored eight goals in 109 international appearances and has played in the last three World Cups, although he sat out the opening game in 2002 with a quadriceps strain.

The USA start their 2006 campaign against the Czech Republic in Gelshenkirchen on 12 June

1]; } ?>