April 26, 2024, 09:33:48 AM

Author Topic: Lawrence ready for Crouch  (Read 5459 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Lawrence ready for Crouch
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:53:57 AM »
Lawrence ready for Crouch
By Simon Fudge | Monday 22nd MayPrint this pageEmail page

Team links:
Trinidad and Tobago
Player links:
Dennis Lawrence
Trinidad & Tobago defender Dennis Lawrence says he will be able to deal with the physical presence of England's Peter Crouch.

The Wrexham defender is preparing to face Crouch and The Three Lions, as the tiny Caribbean nation embark on their first-ever World Cup finals campaign.

The Soca Warriors face Sweden before taking on Sven Goran Eriksson's men in their second Group B match in Nuremberg on June 15.

The 32-year-old, who stands at six foot, six inches, believes matching the height of the Liverpool striker will allow him to cancel out Crouch in Germany.

"We are both big guys, but I have played against people as big as Crouch and it's not a problem for me," Lawrence said.

"Ben Futcher, who plays for Grimsby, is six foot, seven inches and I had to deal with him this season.

"So playing against Crouch is not going to be much different from what I have come up against before."

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.asp?hlid=388944&CPID=4&clid=3100&lid=&title=Lawrence+ready+for+Crouch

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence ready for Crouch
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 05:01:06 AM »

well said lawrence

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:38:32 AM »
f#ck crouch......and everybody else who playing vz tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 06:31:39 AM »
Lawrence talking bout dealing with a man who might not even start for England the question is how he go deal with owen and , zlatan and larsonn and gerard ....llawd we defense go be under some pressure  I doh feel lawrence able but I'll keep meh fingers crossed

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 06:43:36 AM »
I don't even think its an issue. Peter Crouch is one of the clumsiest players I've ever seen. I can't believe he made that sqaud. Lawrence is better than Crouch in the air and can deal with him on the ground too.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »
Lawrence talking bout dealing with a man who might not even start for England the question is how he go deal with owen and , zlatan and larsonn and gerard ....llawd we defense go be under some pressure  I doh feel lawrence able but I'll keep meh fingers crossed

nah doh worry nah man ... dez fellas on we team underated ... and the fellas we playin g against way overrated ... we team always had the skill but lacked the structure ... now we have it ... iz licks fuh de three lions ... four lions ... swedes .. who ever ...
Snake in de balliser

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 06:46:17 AM »

Yuh eh lying dey nah.  I remember Suazo had Lawerence busy, busy, busy WC Qaul. Campaign before last.  Now he coming aaginst men with even more pace and tricks.

Lord have mercy on we fuh trute.

As I have said befoe..I keeping grounded.  We done win, we in de World Cup.  We done win, nuff people loving we already.

If we play well, is ah big bonus.

If we win and game or even draw one, I o dead ah happy man when my time comes.

If we make it from de group phase, then I rejoicing fuh 40 days and 40 nights.

All I want is ah good account!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 07:20:35 AM »
I don't even think its an issue. Peter Crouch is one of the clumsiest players I've ever seen. I can't believe he made that sqaud. Lawrence is better than Crouch in the air and can deal with him on the ground too.

You should have watched some more Liverpool games!! Crouch is one of the best passers of the ball in that team and he is excellent with his feet!!

He looks clumsy the same way that denis looks clumsy because he is tall, but they are both very effective. 

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »
Well Said Andre... While our players may be underated and theirs overated, you cannot deny the fact that one is playinf for a top premiership club and the other a few divisions below...I think he can handle any aerial threat from Crouch, but don't be fooled by Crouch's clumsiness.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »
I watch liverpool games and i find Crouch is a shi*ong,he aint ready yet how the hell he make dat team in front of defoe, harewood and bent i will never know.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 02:20:21 PM »

nah doh worry nah man ... dez fellas on we team underated ... and the fellas we playin g against way overrated ... we team always had the skill but lacked the structure ... now we have it ... iz licks fuh de three lions ... four lions ... swedes .. who ever ...

Doh get tie up... Gerrad and Rooney not overrated atall... they are every bit as good as their hype... personally i think Gerrad doh get enough rank from the media... anyhow against slower players our boys would do fine... against owen and rooney iz real trouble as andrews and lawrence cyah recover when dem fellas buss tru on d ground, i could jus picture them trailing as owen or rooney beat d offisde trap and steaming down on jack... hopefully iz jus a bad dream...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 02:50:02 PM »
I watch liverpool games and i find Crouch is a shi*ong,he aint ready yet how the hell he make dat team in front of defoe, harewood and bent i will never know.
I thought I was the only one.Crouch, better than Defoe,steups !

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 07:12:31 PM »
f#ck crouch......and everybody else who playing vz tnt

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Who vex, loss....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rodigan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 07:18:14 PM »
whether crouch is a complete player or not is beside the point. when he is on the pitch, the opposition have to adapt their game to take him into account... look when england played argentina recently - crouch came on for the last 20 - defenders had to move to cover him - next thing owen scores two WITH HIS HEAD!!! england win 3 - 2.

with a big lad like dennis in the centre of our defence - we are one of the few teams that can stand shoulder to shoulder with crouch. take away the advantage of his height and i quite fancy our chances... of course, how dennis would cope with the pace of owen and walcott may be a different matter, so lets hope beenie is smart enough to adapt...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 07:45:51 PM »
Well doh forget as a man mentioned.....crouch draws most of the attention for corners from defenders leaving owen free. We cant take anything for granted now eh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 10:29:13 PM »
I is a God fearing man but if i was Lawrence and Dog, i hiting Rooney and Owen a nice tap on the ankle in the first 10mins.  Not to injure them, but just to let them know that there will be no sprinting today.  Here's Rooney's weakness as I see it:  Rooney is reacts negatively to quickly, he is a bit of a hot head.  So play him close, tap he ankle, lock he hand, put your body on him, fall down on him, pull he jersey, talk to him.  He will respond by over compensating, then he'll be off his game.  Owen will also succumb to that kind of pressure.  When they make a mistake, laugh, make them see you laugh.  Even if you under pressure show relaxation.

Some one said the most unbelievable thing about playing Brazil is that in the tunnel while their team is all serious and uptight about the next 90 mins., the Brazilians laughing and joking. We should be joking too.  What we have to loose? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 07:12:10 AM »
I is a God fearing man but if i was Lawrence and Dog, i hiting Rooney and Owen a nice tap on the ankle in the first 10mins.  Not to injure them, but just to let them know that there will be no sprinting today.  Here's Rooney's weakness as I see it:  Rooney is reacts negatively to quickly, he is a bit of a hot head.  So play him close, tap he ankle, lock he hand, put your body on him, fall down on him, pull he jersey, talk to him.  He will respond by over compensating, then he'll be off his game.  Owen will also succumb to that kind of pressure.  When they make a mistake, laugh, make them see you laugh.  Even if you under pressure show relaxation.

Some one said the most unbelievable thing about playing Brazil is that in the tunnel while their team is all serious and uptight about the next 90 mins., the Brazilians laughing and joking. We should be joking too.  What we have to loose? 

Yuh spot on brother! :cheers:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 12:39:57 PM »
I thought I was the only one.Crouch, better than Defoe,steups !

Now i know for sure that u know about football and sven and benitez do not!!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »
Forget Peter Crouch......

My LORD....Just saw a clip of Arron Lennon DESTROUING John Terry....Pressure on Dog and Tallest if he play...

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 12:59:38 PM »
Lawrence need some protein shakes and intense workouts b4 he ready

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »
Is de speed of the opposing players we have to worry bout. Pace is we nemissis(sp). Ah hope Beenie have ah serious plan oui.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 04:50:45 PM »

Beenie is the man with the master plan fellas .... Preacher yuh talk good dey ... Rooney is a hot head and for dat he is overated ... jus like pretty boy Becks ... the only real player in dat starting middle line up is Gerrard ... he does work hard, cud pass de ball ... but doh study dat ... Whitley go ress some tack on he arse ... deep down inside dez english players feel dey go run over we ... let de talk continue ...
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>